Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them (19898 Views)

Revelation: List The Names Of Fraudulent Real Estate Agencies In Nigeria. / My Experience With A Fraudulent Property Agent / Advise Needed On Fraudulent Real Estate Coy -- Cross & Churchill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by mctech(m): 2:38pm On Dec 11, 2023
What is the difference between Deed of Assignment and Governor's Consent?
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by komols856: 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2023
[quote author=lawyer post=127424151][/quote]

You are wrong in some and you are misleading people that don't have much knowledge in real Estate Investment. Most of what you wrote are lies that never existed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by Neyopumpy(m): 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2023
What about Rolad Properties Limited and RealtyPros Investment Company Ltd?

Elvis2kay:
THEY ARE ALL SCAMMERS.
Landmark( BEACHFRONT 1&2 na scam.
ISIMII Lagos na scam.
ITUNU na scam..
AMEN PHAZE 2 na HELL.
no light no water,. Looking like abandoned estate .The owner (sade Gbadamosi) focuse on Phaze3 and TIARA.
I Will never put my kọɓọ in Nigeria housing market again. If u are living in western countries it's far better to invest in properties market than NIGERIA
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by numericalguy(m): 3:12pm On Dec 11, 2023
[quote author=lawyer post=127424151][/quote]

Thanks OP for this guidance and may God bless you for protecting Nigerians from dubious land scammers.

I was almost scammed by dubious land sellers twice in Abuja. Na God save me ooo.

One needs to be very careful and prayerful

1 Like

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by Exceed15: 3:14pm On Dec 11, 2023
Educative
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by Pascal9: 3:34pm On Dec 11, 2023
ADDRON, AND PEWAN, RUN FROM THEM

2 Likes

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by tinnymerit(m): 3:35pm On Dec 11, 2023
komols856:

You are wrong in some and you are misleading people that don't have much knowledge in real Estate Investment. Most of what you wrote are lies that never existed.
Dem don dey show face
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by erniok(m): 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2023
OkayDaddy:
Revolution Plus was dragged for this scam at the Real Land Conference of 2021 or 2022. Video is on YouTube.
The owner is the highest Partner in Christ Embassy. The highest Partner before him was Maxwell of MBA Forex.

Abeg, give me gist about the bolded. No vex my oga, na ameobi cause am.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by erniok(m): 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2023
tinnymerit:

Dem don dey show face
Dey must show face. Na wa for you oh abi you no know say scamming dey for some people blood?

2 Likes

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by Monaboo(m): 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:

I'm planning to get a house in lagos but these numerous scam stories is making me to change mind

You do not need to change your mind.

Lagos is still the best place to get a house or a land in Nigeria.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by InvertedHammer: 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2023
/
What does it take to become a realtor or a developer in Nigeria?

Any unregulated profession will definitely witness influx of charlatans and scammers.

It doesn't help that the judiciary is comatose and highly compromised.

/

1 Like

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by TUTU147: 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2023
Using armed security is not a sign of fraud,it is for security and safety
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by FireUpNow(m): 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2023
Some will say the land is close to the main road and the government will soon build the road and that this side belongs so so company where their they will build an estate for their staff. Oh boy pick race op
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:57pm On Dec 11, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
Nothing vex me pass " It's just 15 mins drive from the airport". That statement don make many unsuspecting investors buy land for places wey far pass Sambisa forest
Benin estate land sellers abi?

grin
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by MrOkenwa(m): 7:31pm On Dec 11, 2023
opalu:
When I was a young boy, I use to ask God "Why do you allow the Bad people to be so many and good people so few"?
But when I went to school to study Civil Engineering I understood the answer to that childhood question. I spent years to study Civil Engineering from a Federal polytechnic. Then with Direct Entry entered a Federal University to study Civil Engineering. And after NYSC went to study MSc Structural Engineering and became COREN-Certified.

When I started building houses and roads, I noticed one strange occurrence. When client come to a real professional, they price tiny amount. But when they go to Fake business people with sweet mouths, they spend huge amounts. And when they get duped they blame "Nigerian Engineers" or "real estate companies" generally. Thus they lump the good with the bad.

The bad people are there to attend to clients who don't value truth spoken by the good.

I have built houses for more than 100 Nairaland users out of more than 1800 houses I have built in my 4 and half decades on earth so far. I have run adverts here also. But one incident that happened was when a client I got here was owing me an amount and he reported me to one Mufutau55 who appeared as a Mod then. That Mufutau guy without hearing me out started shouting on phone "You Nigerian Engineers like duping Foreign-based clients". I was so pissed with that statement. It was the my UK-based client that was owing me more than N2m for a particular milestone in his building. Yet he kept reporting me here and there. So I went to my bank and printed out my statement. When I extracted the facts and sent to him, that evening he sent me N1.5m out of my money he was owing with apologies.
Yet that Nairaland Mod called Ahajj Muftau had insulted me and even deleted my major post on Nairaland for what I did nothing about.

Please God-fearing builders here, keep doing the good and while at it, dont allow fraudulent clients to dupe you because you re based in Nigeria. There are good-hearted highly experienced experts here in Nigeria who will never run away or japa from here for anything. I am one of such.

Hajji Mufutau is our Dad on that popular builders thread, which he opened while he was a mod.
No man is perfect but I can tell you, he acted based on many experiences he had with different artisans and engineers.
For every 1 case like yours, there are 10’s of scammers parading as developers/engineers.
I respect hajji as I’ve been motivated by his contributions to this forum. To the glory of God, I have 19 families living safely in my various builds. I’ll probably would have stopped or got discouraged if I had been scammed when building my first house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by Landretailng: 8:09pm On Dec 11, 2023
Thank you for sharing these valuable warning signs to help people avoid falling victim to fraudulent real estate developers. Your comprehensive list provides insightful guidance, and it's crucial for individuals to be vigilant and informed when making such significant investments.

As the saying goes “CAVEAT EMPTOR”

"List your lands for free today on www.LandRetail.ng !“

1 Like

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by professore(m): 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2023
[quote author=lawyer post=127424151][/quote]what then should we do to buy a land.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by professore(m): 8:45pm On Dec 11, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
I have to save this piece.....e go dey useful for me next year
follow me, as it is good to follow who knows the way. I will not mislead you.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by OlawaleBammie: 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2023
professore:
follow me, as it is good to follow who knows the way. I will not mislead you.
Na u be the OP??

And secondly, where u dey go wey u say make I follow u??
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by XAUBulls: 1:02am On Dec 12, 2023
OkayDaddy:
Revolution Plus was dragged for this scam at the Real Land Conference of 2021 or 2022. Video is on YouTube.
The owner is the highest Partner in Christ Embassy. The highest Partner before him was Maxwell of MBA Forex.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by XAUBulls: 1:06am On Dec 12, 2023
lawyer:

3. A Real estate company that shows you only a survey coordinates to check without giving you a registered survey plan showing the land has been surveyed properly and registered at the Surveyor general’s office is a scammer. I.T Expert Dotun Run ooo!!!

4. A real estate company that promises allocation after a maximum of 1 month of full payment is a scam. Why should you be allocated a land 1 month after collecting full payment? It’s either they have oversubscribed the lands promised to you or they have issues. Either way, run away from them. Baba Kazeem Run oooo!!!

5. A Developer who does not send you the title documents of the land to verify but insists on showing it to you in private is a scammer. A Land Document is a public document. There is nothing to hide except the cost of how much the land was bought. If the developer does not want you to know how much the land was bought or who they bought it from, the names and prices can be redacted but for them to tell you that it's only in their office they can show you a land document means they have something to hide. My brother Run oooo!!!

www.omonilelawyer.com
Impressive.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by Nonywendy(m): 1:10am On Dec 12, 2023
kozmokaz:

Pwan left the group
Without vawulence, man is nothing 😂😂
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by XAUBulls: 1:12am On Dec 12, 2023
opalu:
When I was a young boy, I use to ask God "Why do you allow the Bad people to be so many and good people so few"?
But when I went to school to study Civil Engineering I understood the answer to that childhood question. I spent years to study Civil Engineering from a Federal polytechnic. Then with Direct Entry entered a Federal University to study Civil Engineering. And after NYSC went to study MSc Structural Engineering and became COREN-Certified.

When I started building houses and roads, I noticed one strange occurrence. When client come to a real professional, they price tiny amount. But when they go to Fake business people with sweet mouths, they spend huge amounts. And when they get duped they blame "Nigerian Engineers" or "real estate companies" generally. Thus they lump the good with the bad.

The bad people are there to attend to clients who don't value truth spoken by the good.

I have built houses for more than 100 Nairaland users out of more than 1800 houses I have built in my 4 and half decades on earth so far. I have run adverts here also. But one incident that happened was when a client I got here was owing me an amount and he reported me to one Mufutau55 who appeared as a Mod then. That Mufutau guy without hearing me out started shouting on phone "You Nigerian Engineers like duping Foreign-based clients". I was so pissed with that statement. It was the my UK-based client that was owing me more than N2m for a particular milestone in his building. Yet he kept reporting me here and there. So I went to my bank and printed out my statement. When I extracted the facts and sent to him, that evening he sent me N1.5m out of my money he was owing with apologies.

Yet that Nairaland Mod called Ahajj Muftau had insulted me and even deleted my major post on Nairaland for what I did nothing about.

Please God-fearing builders here, keep doing the good and while at it, dont allow fraudulent clients to dupe you because you re based in Nigeria. There are good-hearted highly experienced experts here in Nigeria who will never run away or japa from here for anything. I am one of such.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by XAUBulls: 1:37am On Dec 12, 2023
Monaboo:
Am a realtor and I sell land for a Real Estate company.

Yes...i agree with what the poster has talked about 1000%.

That's why when I market properties to clients, I always tell my clients these truths

1) Always go to the Real Estate Company yourself or have someone go on your behalf. Try and see the office physically for yourself before making any payments. E get why.

2) Ask for documents. Documents such as C of O, Global C of O, Deed of Assignments, Survey Plan etc. Except it's a village land, it should have a valid document to prove it's authenticity.

I always tell my clients to go the extra mile to check the authenticity of the land by going to the Ministry to see if the land is free from government acquisition. A good surveyor can do that for you.

3) Get up and see the land with your eyes. Most clients are too lazy. Na u go dey beg them to come for site inspection.

I can NEVER make sale to a client who does not agree to come for site inspection. If u like, be in the abroad, send ur friend or family member to come and make a live video of the land for u.
This is to avoid stories that touch in future. I love my integrity.

4) The truth is most lands u see in Lagos especially at Ibeju-Lekki, Epe, are not Buy-Build-And-Pack-In Lands. Read that again.

When u go to these places, it's still bush.
So u ask urself, can I build in this place now? Can I build and pack in now?

Am a realtor but I rarely make sales because I tell my clients the truth. People hate the truth. CEO's hate u telling clients the truth.

Most lands Real Estate Company's in Lagos sell at Ibeju-Lekki, Epe will not develop in the next 10 years. Read that again.

So I tell my clients such areas are Investment Lands and not Build-And-Pack-In Lands. Project to use them in the next 10years, then u can make payment.

What are Investment Lands? They are Buy and wait for the next 5 to 10 years lands.

Once u know this, it is now left for you to decide.

Most Realtors will never tell u this. They will convince so much to buy so that they can make sale for themselves.

In Lagos, where do u want to see Buy and Pack In Lands?

Except in Ayobo, Isheri, Ipaja in Lagos and maybe itele which is even Ogun state.

Anywhere else is Investment Lands.

Somebody was asking me to get him a land at Ikeja in Lagosgrin

Even if u get a land at Ikeja which is almost impossible, the price will cut your neck grin

It is well.

With these few points of mine, I now know why most Real Estate Company CEO's hate me working for them grin

Court Rise

To get "new" land in Ikeja to lease is a tall order. Gentrification is what is going on in Ikeja GRA and in other areas of Ikeja and a place like Ikoyi Island as of now.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by CoronaVirusPro: 11:23am On Dec 12, 2023
Revolution Plus leads them all!

The couple's running that scam are bastardz!

2 Likes

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by mufutau55(m): 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2023
MrOkenwa:

Hajji Mufutau is our Dad on that popular builders thread, which he opened while he was a mod.
No man is perfect but I can tell you, he acted based on many experiences he had with different artisans and engineers.
For every 1 case like yours, there are 10’s of scammers parading as developers/engineers.
I respect hajji as I’ve been motivated by his contributions to this forum. To the glory of God, I have 19 families living safely in my various builds. I’ll probably would have stopped or got discouraged if I had been scammed when building my first house.

MrOkenwa. Please ignore this guy. He is trying to be relevant and I will not give him the time.
I will not allow anyone in this Property Forum to be cheated or scammed wheiter I am a Moderator or not. I will not allow anyone to stain my reputation either. I am sure Mr. Lawyer himself can testify to my reputation.
The project was eventually taken away from him to another Contractor. Same Client has built several other big houses and apartment complexes thru other Contractor/Builder on this forum, and he is still active on this forum. He may chime in later.
Mr. Opalu, please get real. Thank you.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by Love800(m): 5:46pm On Dec 12, 2023
I dont understand.
Are the agents different from the real estate?
laitsy:
This is one of the reasons I left the real estate agent work. Planning to invest on my own real estate business now. May God give me the grace to pure enough money into the genuine business.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by rafcrown(m): 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2023
A COUNTRY FULL OF FRAUDSTERS AND CRIMINALS.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by MrOkenwa(m): 10:23pm On Dec 12, 2023
mufutau55:

MrOkenwa. Please ignore this guy. He is trying to be relevant and I will not give him the time.
I will not allow anyone in this Property Forum to be cheated or scammed wheiter I am a Moderator or not. I will not allow anyone to stain my reputation either. I am sure Mr. Lawyer himself can testify to my reputation.
The project was eventually taken away from him to another Contractor. Same Client has built several other big houses and apartment complexes thru other Contractor/Builder on this forum, and he is still active on this forum. He may chime in later.
Mr. Opalu, please get real. Thank you.

Hajji M.
It’s alright sir.
I usually don’t react to such allegation but I found that comment really preposterous. It’s on the front page People that don’t visit your thread may not know.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by mufutau55(m): 12:50pm On Dec 13, 2023
MrOkenwa:

It’s alright sir.
I usually don’t react to such allegation but I found that comment really preposterous. It’s on the front page People that don’t visit your thread may not know.

Thank you very much Sir. Well appreciated.
You can never please everyone, especially those with bad intentions. Stay blessed.

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cost Of Decking / Nice Building Designs With Refined Aesthetic Value / Pls Is This Pop Quotation For 3 Bedroom Flat Ok?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.