Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags (44776 Views)

Pro-Wike Lawmakers Relocate To Rivers Assembly Quarters, Pass 2 Bills / 6 APGA Lawmakers Defect To APC (Photo) / 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by bluefilm: 11:38am On Dec 11, 2023
Fools
Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by casualobserver: 11:39am On Dec 11, 2023
TruthsFM:
nope you are very wrong. Go and read the news about the factional speaker during the first term of obaseki government then. Obaseki pro lawmakers formed a quorum and dealt with Oshimole pro lawmakers well. To the extent that their salaries wasn’t paid for 3 years. You don’t understand Niger delta politics

No you are wrong. The problem was 14 members loyal to Oshiomole were never sworn in. 10 members loyal to Obaseki were sworn in.

Even if they were all sworn in, 10 or 14 out of 24 is a quorum. Both are more than 1/3rd.

Different situation from Rivers!

https://punchng.com/unending-edo-assembly-crisis-keeps-14-lawmakers-away/

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by SIONKPO1(m): 11:40am On Dec 11, 2023
Sabiwellwell:

Like the governor has enough power to crush them ??

Let Fubara make peace with his boss
So he can focus on governance.

After swearing in he hasn't achieved anything rather than fights fights and fights.

Not supporting Godfatherism
But he who comes to Equity must come with clean hands

You want to fight Godfatherism yet it was Godfatherism that brought you into power

Tooor
It seems you don't know how Arrogant Wike is and too over-bearing.
Tinubu was able to attain his godfatherism status cause he allowed his cronies to do their wish

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by Ferrous(m): 11:42am On Dec 11, 2023
TruthsFM:
Wike doesn’t have any strength to frustrate fubara in power. Even Fubara has inherits 50% of Wike foot soldiers in Rivers State politics. Wike is just using his lawmakers to threatened Fubara in power and that’s where Wike will be dealt. Fubara isn’t a coward like Ambode in Lagos State. Wike will learn a bitter lesson in Rivers State politics. Stay tuned.

You people would just be at the comfort of your zones outside Rivers state and be analysing what you don't have any knowledge of.

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by Fiscus105(m): 11:42am On Dec 11, 2023
Streetdoctor:

Yorubas tink say every tribe reasons like them with their backward thinking. U can't be in Abuja and still wants to control rivers

Backward thinking yet they determine who will occupy the highest office,..... backward thinking they pushed Naija delta off the seat, backward thinking, they block Igbo and sit on the seat instead.

I think I would prefare a backward thinking that would make me a slavemaster over you guys.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by Maximeo(m): 11:42am On Dec 11, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

Criminal idiots that were rigged into Rivers HOA. Dis-honourables who are there to enrich themselves at the expense of Rivers people. Governor Fubara is more powerful than these fools like their fellow thief, Wike.

With Wike backing they were still unable to impeach the Governor.

Wike will continue to cry as he lost all his influence in Rivers State.

Imagine joining APC that is destroying the economy and has no clue on how to govern this country.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by Impecca(m): 11:42am On Dec 11, 2023
I now respect Obaseki

He declared their seats vacant and there was no legislation from them till he sent them parking during the last elections

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by TruthsFM: 11:43am On Dec 11, 2023
casualobserver:

No you are wrong. The problem was 14 members loyal to Oshiomole were never sworn in. 10 members loyal to Obaseki were sworn in.

Even if they were all sworn in, 10 or 14 out of 24 is a quorum. Both are more than 1/3rd.

Different situation from Rivers!

https://punchng.com/unending-edo-assembly-crisis-keeps-14-lawmakers-away/

Ok ooo
Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by TruthsFM: 11:45am On Dec 11, 2023
Ferrous:

You people would just be at the comfort of your zones outside Rivers state and be analysing what you don't have any knowledge of.
Fubara is winning the war. Stay tuned for more episodes
Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by blackgold2018(m): 11:45am On Dec 11, 2023
AareGaa:

You think we're in Buhari era?
Dey play!

The nonsense Obaseki did in Edo during Buhari regime can never be tolerated by the present Jagaban era.
mugu
Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by fergie001: 11:47am On Dec 11, 2023
Kukutente23:
If the bolded is true, that means PDP is now a subsidiary of APC!! What was Atiku doing for this to happen? How then did he end up losing the 2022 primaries?
If Primary is done 10 times, Atiku will continue to win the PDP Primaries because for Atiku money can buy anything. He is also seen as liberal compared to other Northerners that vies the ticket.

He also uses the strength and numbers of delegates in the North to do as he pleases. Atiku has no loyalists because after election he is gone. If you put a secret ballot, I am sure his Gov won't even vote him. I am even surprised, he hasn't travelled yet perhaps he was advised not to.

They are all Wike's men and afraid of the backlash that's why they don't come out openly.
I don't agree with all this talk of Rivers sponsoring PDP. It's simply as a result of greed and indiscipline. PDP still controls 6 states in SS with fat allocations. They sold themselves to Wike out of greed not necessity.
I agree partly but Rivers money kept PDP post-2015.
Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by casualobserver: 11:48am On Dec 11, 2023
TruthsFM:

Ok ooo

Quorum is the difference! Without a Quorum you can’t do anything.

So as it stands Fubara’s 8 (Correction 5 members) cannot do anything, can’t declare any seats vacant, can’t pass any laws, can’t pass budgets can’t do anything.

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by unitysheart(m): 11:48am On Dec 11, 2023
IamANigerianMan:

Fubara is in charge of Judiciary in Rivers State, that 4 is enough for Judge to declear their sits vacant

Doesn't work that way.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by AareGaa: 11:48am On Dec 11, 2023
TruthsFM:
Fubara has inherited 50% of Wike structures. You seem not to understand rivers state politics. Fubara is winning the war joor. The factional speaker will declare the 27 lawmakers that defect to APC vacant and the battle will be in the court of justice. More dragging in the court till Fubara finish his first term. Stay tuned for more episodes

Which structure did he inherit?
The governor is too dumb to start a fight he can never win

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by Ferrous(m): 11:48am On Dec 11, 2023
TruthsFM:
Fubara is winning the war. Stay tuned for more episodes

Yes, he's winning it on nairaland. The way Peter Obi won his own presidential election here .

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by fergie001: 11:49am On Dec 11, 2023
senatordave1:
Delta abd akwa ibom funds pdp more.diri,lawal dare,fintiri and Agbu are pro.atiku
They only did that when Wike was out of the way.
Before the 2023 Primary, it was Wike & Wike.
How many of those Govs sponsor the PDP outside their States. Cross River PDP is & was 100% sponsored by Rivers money since Ayade left.

Rivers money was partly also sponsoring Benue & Abia PDP.
Prof Stella's burial is this week
Yea, saw her valedictory on Wed or so.
Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by blackgold2018(m): 11:51am On Dec 11, 2023
Ferrous:

are you in rivers state?

Oya talk what’s happening in rivers state?
Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by ppogba: 11:51am On Dec 11, 2023
I just hope and pray that social media e-rats and ill- informed social commentators will be able to save SIM

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by blackgold2018(m): 11:54am On Dec 11, 2023
Fiscus105:

Backward thinking yet they determine who will occupy the highest office,..... backward thinking they pushed Naija delta off the seat, backward thinking, they block Igbo and seat on the seat instead.

I think I would prepare a backward thinking that would make me a slavemaster over you guys.
in all the victories of your regional politicians.

What have you benefited you fool
The state of Nigeria has been moving backwards
Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by mrksquare: 11:54am On Dec 11, 2023
In Wike's voice "Enemies of the state"
Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by Indispensable85(m): 11:54am On Dec 11, 2023
God1000:
Foolish move, this will further make things worse between them and the governor

Dem want settlement before? Dey play
Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by Indispensable85(m): 11:55am On Dec 11, 2023
MadamExcellency:
The factional Speaker should just declare all their seats vacant and tell them to go to court.

With 4 members?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by TruthsFM: 11:55am On Dec 11, 2023
casualobserver:

Quorum is the difference! Without a Quorum you can’t do anything.

So as it stands Fubara’s 8 cannot do anything, can’t declare any seats vacant, can’t pass any laws, can’t pass budgets can’t do anything.
when they do that, go to court
Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by senatordave1(m): 11:55am On Dec 11, 2023
fergie001:

What about the Supreme Court?
Nwifuru, Eteng, and co that defected till now, the Appeal Court did not do anything.

No Court has said Ehie is invalid.
Amaechi closed the Assembly.
Oshiomhole removed their roof and relocated them to the Govt House.
Obaseki poured sand in front of it & relocated them to the Govt House.

Fubara was absolutely slow, because I understand CP Disu from Lagos has stationed men permanently in front of the Assembly Complex. Asides that, all 27 lawmakers have stationed security guarding their houses.

It's all on Fubara, he is boxed all corners and he needs help. He will need some tutorial from those who have gone that route. He will need to use unprofessional means to get his job done. However, he wined and dined with them, agreement is agreement, I have no sympathies for him.

The NJC will reject his removing the CJ.
Defection is also political death for Fubara.

Tinubu knows Wike is in-charge of Rivers, it's not his style to betray those who stuck out their neck for him. Wike v Fubara, Tinubu will go Wike.
Pdp instituted the court case in 2022 belatedly and the appeal court ruled in less than 10 months.it means the apex court would have ruled in the next one year.
Sir,you are misinterpreting the scenarios here.under oshiomhole,the fg wasn't too keen on Edo,yaradua isn't that type plus oshio supported gej in 2011.again,oshio is a rugged man himself and the rugged shuaibu was with him so he could frustrate anenih.shuaibu taught obaseki this same tactics and some people in aso rock were pro wike obaseki.ofcourse,he had a reasonable number of lawmakers with him.
But in this case,5 lawmakers in a 32 house is meaningless.no court of course will rule against him but since he has no quorum,his faction actions are invalid.the only thing fubara can do is to apply the attrition game and delay till 2027 or totally surrender to wike and then gradually decimate wike's base

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by TruthsFM: 11:55am On Dec 11, 2023
AareGaa:

Which structure did he inherit?
The governor is too dumb to start a fight he can never win
you don’t know rivers state politics 😂 😝
Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by Indispensable85(m): 11:55am On Dec 11, 2023
TruthsFM:
They are in APC already, Wike is in APC too. Fubara is winning the war. Now Fubara can fired as much as possible. Not only that Fubara can now fight hard with his thin godfather wike. Fubara isn’t a coward. I trust Nigeria delta people. Dey no dey carry last.

Una wan start again ooo
Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by TruthsFM: 11:57am On Dec 11, 2023
Ferrous:

Yes, he's winning it on nairaland. The way Peter Obi won his own presidential election here .
show me how Wike is winning the war? Na here you will dey till 2027 election year when Fubara will campaigning for his second term bid. Stay tuned for more episodes
Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by TruthsFM: 11:58am On Dec 11, 2023
Indispensable85:

Una wan start again ooo
😂 Wike don levelled. Even the APC the pro Wike lawmakers are decamping too is another war on its own, Wike is loosing the battle already. Wait for more episodes
Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by fergie001: 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2023
senatordave1:
Pdp instituted the court case in 2022 belatedly and the appeal court ruled in less than 10 months.it means the apex court would have ruled in the next one year.
It was the high Court under Justice Taiwo & Ekwo that ruled. Till today, the Appeal Court has not said anything.

Sir,you are misinterpreting the scenarios here.under oshiomhole,the fg wasn't too keen on Edo,yaradua isn't that type plus oshio supported gej in 2011.again,oshio is a rugged man himself and the rugged shuaibu was with him so he could frustrate anenih.shuaibu taught obaseki this same tactics and some people in aso rock were pro wike obaseki.ofcourse,he had a reasonable number of lawmakers with him.
We are saying the same thing, SIM is slow and Wike gave him no breather. He knew what he was getting into and now it has crossed the Rubicon.... Impeachment or nothing for Wike.

But in this case,5 lawmakers in a 32 house is meaningless.no court of course will rule against him but since he has no quorum,his faction actions are invalid.the only thing fubara can do is to apply the attrition game and delay till 2027 or totally surrender to wike and then gradually decimate wike's base
Surrendering to Wike that he didn't do before the defection?
If you are Wike, at this point will you listen to Fubara?

What is he delaying for? Will Wike wait for him till 2027?
It is late but never. There are ways to do these things but I don't want to be seen as someone supporting the violence abeg grin

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by yarimo(m): 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2023
Jubilations all over river state as members defected to APC

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags by Streetdoctor: 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2023
Fiscus105:

Backward thinking yet they determine who will occupy the highest office,..... backward thinking they pushed Naija delta off the seat, backward thinking, they block Igbo and seat on the seat instead.

I think I would prepare a backward thinking that would make me a slavemaster over you guys.
Poverty index so far shows that Yorubas are highest in southern Nigeria
so tell me another thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oil Discovered In Lagos Water Wells / Presidency Begins Fumigation Of Buhari’s Offices, Others Over Coronavirus / Gunmen Tied My Hands, Made Me Watch As They Killed My Six Children One By One’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.