Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

What Is Heaven Like? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Heaven Like? (3841 Views)

Where Is Heaven And Hell? / Christians: Where Is Heaven Located? / Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Heaven Like? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2011
Heaven is a real place described in the Bible. The word “heaven” is found 276 times in the New Testament alone. Scripture refers to three heavens. The apostle Paul was “caught up to the third heaven,” but he was prohibited from revealing what he experienced there (2 Corinthians 12:1-9).

If a third heaven exists, there must also be two other heavens. The first is most frequently referred to in the Old Testament as the “sky” or the “firmament.” This is the heaven that contains clouds, the area that birds fly through. The second heaven is interstellar/outer space, which is the abode of the stars, planets, and other celestial objects (Genesis 1:14-18).

The third heaven, the location of which is not revealed, is the dwelling place of God. Jesus promised to prepare a place for true Christians in heaven (John 14:2). Heaven is also the destination of Old Testament saints who died trusting God's promise of the Redeemer (Ephesians 4:8 ). Whoever believes in Christ shall never perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).

The apostle John was privileged to see and report on the heavenly city (Revelation 21:10-27). John witnessed that heaven (the new earth) possesses the “glory of God” (Revelation 21:11), the very presence of God. Because heaven has no night and the Lord Himself is the light, the sun and moon are no longer needed (Revelation 22:5).

The city is filled with the brilliance of costly stones and crystal clear jasper. Heaven has twelve gates (Revelation 21:12) and twelve foundations (Revelation 21:14). The paradise of the Garden of Eden is restored: the river of the water of life flows freely and the tree of life is available once again, yielding fruit monthly with leaves that “heal the nations” (Revelation 22:1-2). However eloquent John was in his description of heaven, the reality of heaven is beyond the ability of finite man to describe (1 Corinthians 2:9).

Heaven is a place of “no mores.” There will be no more tears, no more pain, and no more sorrow (Revelation 21:4). There will be no more separation, because death will be conquered (Revelation 20:6). The best thing about heaven is the presence of our Lord and Savior (1 John 3:2). We will be face to face with the Lamb of God who loved us and sacrificed Himself so that we can enjoy His presence in heaven for eternity.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by coogar: 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2011
i dunno what heaven is like. . . .

but i doubt it will be a place where orgi[i]e[/i]s will be practised like some people think.
a man surrounded with 72 virgins in heaven? will that be permitted?
i think not!
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
"However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"--1 Corinthians 2:9
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 31, 2011
If your mind is on SEX and indulgence forget it.

This is a heaven for those that LOVE the almighty GOD , his genuine children.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2011
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Sweetnecta: 10:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is sick and false since you wrote the below. . . .

@Frosbel: « #2 on: Today at 09:26:55 PM »
[Quote]"However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"--1 Corinthians 2:9[/Quote]The video above killed this concept here. Heck, Jesus didn't say anything about it. But Paul said plenty. I guess it was Paul who is the author and finisher of the christian faith. Consider he couldn't get it on, he must write off getting it don't.

[Quote]« #3 on: Today at 09:28:07 PM »

If your mind is on SEX and indulgence forget it.
This is a heaven for those that LOVE the almighty GOD , his genuine children[/Quote]i laugh in Ughelli dialect. It is God that design heaven, if thats what you call the place for reward of goodly efforts done on earth. If eyes, ears, etc have not experienced it, how do yo or any christian know the content, claiming that their is no sex in it? You don't like sex, why get married? And the sexual experience is the greatest pleasure known to man, woman.

Frosbel, you need to learn about this beautiful thing, since you are married. Or you are faking it with us, here? I pity madam to much. Ewoooooooo.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by jayriginal: 10:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
^^ grin
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 31, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is sick and false since you wrote the below. . . .

@Frosbel: « #2 on: Today at 09:26:55 PM »The video above killed this concept here. Heck, Jesus didn't say anything about it. But Paul said plenty. I guess it was Paul who is the author and finisher of the christian faith. Consider he couldn't get it on, he must write off getting it don't.

i laugh in Ughelli dialect. It is God that design heaven, if thats what you call the place for reward of goodly efforts done on earth. If eyes, ears, etc have not experienced it, how do yo or any christian know the content, claiming that their is no sex in it? You don't like sex, why get married? And the intimate experience is the greatest pleasure known to man, woman.

Frosbel, you need to learn about this beautiful thing, since you are married. Or you are faking it with us, here? I pity madam to much. Ewoooooooo.

John wrote the book of revelation after Paul made this statement , however John saw a vision of the imagery of heaven.

While an artist cannot perfectly draw a complete physical picture of what heaven is like, we do know what will be in it and what will happen there.

"For when the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage. In this respect they will be like the angels in heaven."- Matthew 22:30

"For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."- Romans 14:17

Mark 12: 25
", When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven."

Imagery

Revelation 21
A New Heaven and a New Earth
Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away

1. There was no longer any sea.

2. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband

3. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

5. He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.

6. The city shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.

7. It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel

8. There were three gates on the east, three on the north, three on the south and three on the west

9. The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

10. The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long. The angel measured the wall using human measurement, and it was 144 cubits thick.

11. [/b]The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass.

[b]12.
The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, The fifth onyx, the sixth ruby, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth turquoise, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.

13. [/b]The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass.

[b]14.
I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

15. The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.

16. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it.

[b]17. [/b]Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2011
As you might have noticed , there is no mention of young boys and multiple virgins, no mention of rivers of wine.

In other words Heaven will not be a place for the self-indulgent.

Galatians 5:24 - Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.

Appears that Muslims, sadly, and like all other sinners and disbelievers still controlled by their base passions, are yearning for a a sensual heaven.

If you hold on to such a fraudulent conviction you have been hoodwinked.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by omobadan(m): 11:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
Nobody knows what's in that your biblical heaven, my friends. No one even knows if it exist! And even for argument sake, is it the same place as the Muslim heaven? Because it's looking like there are many heavens, isn't it? The muslim heaven is looking like one unlimited party central! Won't mind going to that party!grin
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 01, 2011
omobadan:

Nobody knows what's in that your biblical heaven, my friends. No one even knows if it exist! And even for argument sake, is it the same place as the Muslim heaven? Because it's looking like there are many heavens, isn't it? The muslim heaven is looking like one unlimited party central! Won't mind going to that party!grin

I admit, the Muslim heaven is more appealing to the carnal or should I say sensual mind. Good luck if it is true, but I am sure, you will be surprised at the reality of this hell place  !
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 01, 2011
@ sweetnecta

It is quite unfortunate that rather than weep you are there laughing in ughelli as you claim. Today you set your heart to fight the truth but someday it would be too late to turn to the Lord. A revelation is different from what you see with your eyes. In the revelation Jesus showed to John and asked him to record. He explained what he saw in his vision and of course it gave a tip of what God plans for his people.

If any man told you what you have in the afterlife is 72 wives he lies. If he says to you sex is your reward he lies. The man who told you these things would stand before God and his Christ. He would be judged just like you. It is better that while you still have breath and live you accept the gift of God which is Jesus Christ. Tomorrow may be too late.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Amujale(m): 4:44am On Nov 01, 2011
For me, it hardly matters whether there is a paradise or NOT it doesnt stop me from being the person that i am. The way i look at it is that there is nothing stopping us from always taking the correct choices at any given point in time.

For the sake of discussion, if you found out that the notion of paradise is false, would it change the way you operate?
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2011
Just to add to the discuss.

There is no need for procreation among spirit beings who live in the spirit realms.

Procreation was created for humans and other earthlings.

Procreation is a human attribute that is lost at death. Those who have a chance for an afterlife will be spirits with no gender attributes.

So if anyone is thinking of going to heaven or 'paradise' because of s e x, he will be very disappointed to find himself without s e x u a l organs for such activity.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Daiquiri: 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2011
mbatuku2:

Just to add to the discuss. 

There is no need for procreation among spirit beings who live in the spirit realms.

Procreation was created for humans and other earthlings.

Procreation is a human attribute that is lost at death.

Those who have a chance for an afterlife will be spirits with no gender attributes.

So if anyone is thinking of going to heaven or 'paradise' because of s e x, he will be very disappointed to find himself without s e x u a l organs for such activity

@mbatuku2

You need to spill the beans or push the boat out

Make known the alpha, the in-between and the omega of the whole matter

Give reasons for procreation.

Why the procreation game plan in the grand scheme of things

Then highlight the cause or reasons for the fixation or obsession of having șex

If not all, why are most, engrossed with wanting to have a male or female (i.e. why absorbed with wanting to have șex)

"Procreation is a human attribute that is lost at death" is true

but, the icing on the cake? "The reward or prize for eating the cake"?

However perceptible, "little death"?, is that too, to be lost forever?

What is or will be the substitute or replacement when there'll be no more șex?

Unfathomable? Like Paul pointed out?
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kay17: 11:54pm On Nov 01, 2011
Scratch a Christian and you find an agnostic and a materialist.

The heaven is more physical than spiritual, its filled with gold, diamonds and jewels which will obviously have no use or value.

Heaven is a place, it has space whats more physical than that? I'm sure there is oxygen and light particles + time.

Heaven is obviously a place, a utopia thought up by some human. With no direct experience of heaven, it does not exist.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by EvilBrain1(m): 12:08am On Nov 02, 2011
My idea of heaven: A place with unlimited amounts of free beer, hookers and cocaine. Where the liver does not fail, and the nasal septum does not rot, and there is no herpes or AIDS.

What good are golden streets if you can't get drunk, get high and get laid? At some point, singing hallelujah and wearing white robes must eventually get boring.

Edit: I'm just joking oh so don't bother replying to this. Just read it, laugh and move on with your life.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 02, 2011
Evil Brain:

My idea of heaven: A place with unlimited amounts of free beer, hookers and cocaine. Where the liver does not fail, and the nasal septum does not rot, and there is no herpes or AIDS.

What good are golden streets if you can't get drunk, get high and get laid? At some point, singing hallelujah and wearing white robes must eventually get boring.

Edit: I'm just joking oh so don't bother replying to this. Just read it, laugh and move on with your life.

Are the angels, who had been created for a eons of years before the earth was created, ever bored in heaven?

They were never created male nor female, so what freaks you as a mere mortal(food, intimacy, sleep, etc) doesn't cut with them.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kay17: 12:25am On Nov 02, 2011
I saw one angel yesterday.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by harakiri(m): 5:33am On Nov 02, 2011
Who would want to walk on streets paved with gold? A lot of people are gonna have severe fractures from skidding and slipping on the cold hard metal golden streets (oooch lipsrsealed).

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by EvilBrain1(m): 6:24pm On Nov 02, 2011
Harry McClintock wrote a really nice song describing heaven back in 1922. He called it "The Big Rock Candy Mountain".

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains,
There's a land that's fair and bright,
Where the handouts grow on bushes
And you sleep out every night.
Where the boxcars all are empty
And the sun shines every day
And the birds and the bees
And the cigarette trees
The lemonade springs
Where the bluebird sings
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains
All the cops have wooden legs
And the bulldogs all have rubber teeth
And the hens lay soft-boiled eggs
The farmers' trees are full of fruit
And the barns are full of hay
Oh I'm bound to go
Where there ain't no snow
Where the rain don't fall
The winds don't blow

You never change your socks
And the little streams of alcohol
Come trickling down the rocks
The brakemen have to tip their hats
And the railway bulls are blind
There's a lake of stew
And of whiskey too
You can paddle all around it
In a big canoe

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains,
The jails are made of tin.
And you can walk right out again,
As soon as you are in.
There ain't no short-handled shovels,
No axes, saws nor picks,
I'm bound to stay
Where you sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk
That invented work
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by plappville(f): 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2011
@ sweetnecta

It is quite unfortunate that rather than weep you are there laughing in ughelli as you claim. Today you set your heart to fight the truth but someday it would be too late to turn to the Lord. A revelation is different from what you see with your eyes. In the revelation Jesus showed to John and asked him to record. He explained what he saw in his vision and of course it gave a tip of what God plans for his people.

If any man told you what you have in the afterlife is 72 wives he lies. If he says to you sex is your reward he lies. The man who told you these things would stand before God and his Christ. He would be judged just like you. It is better that while you still have breath and live you accept the gift of God which is Jesus Christ. Tomorrow may be too late.

Thank u very much.

@Sweetnecta, Listen to him, he has spoken the truth. Resisting the truth for too long is dangerous u know.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2011
harakiri:

Who would want to walk on streets paved with gold? A lot of people are gonna have severe fractures from skidding and slipping on the cold hard metal golden streets (oooch lipsrsealed).

There is another option, walking on streets of sulfur ,  cool
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by plappville(f): 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2011
@Topic, i believe in heaven and i can say its a real place set aside for the Holy ones.
I ve seen a beautiful place like in the video before in my dream, i cant forget it, i was sad when i wake up and discover it was a dream. Its a lovely place, i want to be among the saints to be in that place of no pains. Its undiscribeable.

I am not telling anyone to believe me, i am sharing it because its my experience and the thread reminds me of this beautiful place i am longing to be.

@Frosbel, i must say that most of ur threads are like expanciating my faith.
God has a way of communicating to people. Keep it up.

@All, Heaven is real lets embrass Jesus Christ fully to be able to make it.
its a place already set for us, but we must neglects all dirty acts to be there. God bless.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Daiquiri: 9:06pm On Nov 03, 2011
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2011
@Frosbel, i must say that most of your threads are like expanciating my faith.
God has a way of communicating to people. Keep it up.

Thank You.

But please read the bible at all times to validate any and every article and or doctrine.

This is a video about heaven you will enjoy

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDZpPh7oLz0?version=3&hl=en[/flash]
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Daiquiri: 10:37pm On Nov 03, 2011
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by plappville(f): 10:39pm On Nov 03, 2011
Thanks for the video. I do eat everyday even if its only a meal par day  so is my bible to me.
My daily food. Our God is so so Awesome!
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kay17: 10:42pm On Nov 03, 2011
I doubt if you would see any thing in heaven, since its said to be a spiritual place. LIGHT has only a physical role, and important for sight.

So you heaven hopefuls would be impotent and blind
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Daiquiri: 10:45pm On Nov 03, 2011
Kay 17:

I doubt if you would see any thing in heaven, since its said to be a spiritual place. LIGHT has only a physical role, and important for sight.

So you heaven hopefuls would be impotent and blind

[img]http://www.reverendfun.com/add_toon_info.php?date=20060727&language=en[/img]
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Horus(m): 10:54pm On Nov 03, 2011
Earth to Heaven. How far's the trip? Christians claim that heaven is further than the furthest star, and that is where Jesus went with his father to prepare a place for you, right!!. Remember, John 14:2 “In my father's house are many mansions, I go to prepare a place for you.” However, if you look at the possibility of Jesus coming back from a scientific point of view, the furthest star away from Earth is billions of light years away. Therefore, in actuality, Jesus still didn't get to heaven. There's no way he could be on his way back.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Daiquiri: 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2011
Horus:

Earth to Heaven. How far's the trip?

Christians claim that heaven is further than the furthest star, and that is where Jesus went with his father to prepare a place for you, right!!.

Remember, John 14:2 “In my father's house are many mansions, I go to prepare a place for you.”

However, if you look at the possibility of Jesus coming back from a scientific point of view, the furthest star away from Earth is billions of light years away.

Therefore, in actuality, Jesus still didn't get to heaven.

There's no way he could be on his way back.

And the living creatures ran back and forth like the appearance of a flash of lightning - Ezekiel 1:14

"In my father's house are many mansions, I go to prepare a place for you"

By the way, do you understand the cultural/historical background of the above statement or verse you referenced, at all?

Are you familiar with the usage in a Jewish context?

(1) (Reply)

Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? / Reflection/homily: Fifth Sunday Of Easter Year C (april 28 2013) / The Unpardonable Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.