Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,495 members, 7,836,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution (11985 Views)

FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant / Thread For Landlord Tenant Disputes / Landlord-tenant Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by Meerahbel: 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2023
Akaegwu:
Property agents in Lagos contribute 80 percent of the disputes. They are simply wicked
How?
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by Fearyourcreator: 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2023
Meerahbel:
How?
Agents are very wicked...
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by Meerahbel: 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Agents are very wicked
Elucidate
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by Fearyourcreator: 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2023
Meerahbel:
Elucidate
Agents will collect money landlord no ask ... Still happened recently for my area ... The landlady send the tenant to go and collect his money from the agent... Agent added to house rent landlord gave receipt for less money

1 Like

Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by sylve11: 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Monthly rent won't work in Nigeria.
A lot of people are too difficult and dishonest.
It will create so much problems the government will not be able to handle.

I tell you.

Wickedness is an understatement here. They are incredibly devilish to deal with. angry cool
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by t2luv1: 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2023
Godoverevery:
I support this totally.

Some tenants are very wicked especially those from a particular tribe.

Inquiry mind wants to know the particular tribe partner
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by Emma1Oj(m): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2023
Godoverevery:
I support this totally.

if you get mind; Mention the tribe sad
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by princeade86(m): 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2023
Godoverevery:
I support this totally.

but landlady and landlord are very nice by collecting agreement and commission up to 150k per single room, and like 500k per 2 bedroom flats, apart from damages money? Is that not wickedness of the highest order?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by princeade86(m): 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2023
Meerahbel:
How?
but landlady and landlord are very nice by collecting agreement and commission up to 150k per single room, and like 500k per 2 bedroom flats, apart from damages money? Is that not wickedness of the highest order?
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by Blackdisciple(m): 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2023
princeade86:

Witchcraft and wickedness bro
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by Hanndye: 4:58pm On Dec 11, 2023
It's the way to go. Housing is a business, there you be no privilege to tenants to take landlords for a ride. The issue of tenants locking up apartments and disappearing into thin air should also be looked into. Methinks there should be a limited length of time that tenants can do that.

This is a welcome sudden awakening.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by Cryofigbos: 5:03pm On Dec 11, 2023
kuntash:
once thats done, the price of a bag of rice or even ewa would go down ONLY IN LAGOS

yeye dey smell

Ur own no pass garri and ewa......so bcoz of that nothing should work again
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by Jagaban2012: 5:03pm On Dec 11, 2023
If this is done...almost all.my tenants will be evicted within one year story....!!!

Then we will have reliable tenants no all these stupid people who will come to your property and be taken advantage of for 3-5 years eviction process due to slow court processes....

I will even suggest that the Landlord and tenant matter should be done...within 0ne months....because there is nothing hidden....from the first and second appearance...even the judge could have e gotten to know all about the matter..the rest is a calculated attempt to delay the judiciary process.....and some of the judge because of their absence in the court...help all these irresponsible tenants to keep. living in someone's house for long....therefore...I can even suggest a mobile court...or give Multi-Door the absolute power to judge the case within a specific time...this will even help the judges at the magistrate, federal high court, and court of appeal to reduce the bulk of cases that will be channeled to them...3

In abroad it. Take just a few months to determine a Landlord and tenant's matter but in Nigeria....they treat a civil case of tenant and landlord as if it is a criminal case...some take up to 7 years...Abbba!!!!! to evict a tenant.....shame on the judge who sits on such a case....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by princeade86(m): 5:03pm On Dec 11, 2023
Blackdisciple:

Witchcraft and wickedness bro
very heartless set of people. And government don't have law to erase that wickedness because their agberos and area boys getting their money from that.
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by olawura18(m): 5:04pm On Dec 11, 2023
Nice one
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by BennyDGreat: 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2023
sylve11:

I tell you.

Wickedness is an understatement here. They are incredibly devilish to deal with. angry cool

A recent happened to someone I know.
The retired elderly woman told them to use the 7/8 months they owe her to go collect another house.

They really stressed the woman. She had to bring in a lawyer into the matter( extra expense) to recover her house.

They were not even remorseful about it. They didn't give a damn!
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by Akaegwu(m): 5:07pm On Dec 11, 2023
Meerahbel:
How?
They always engineered the disputes in other to collect fresh agents and agreement fees. They always tell house owners to increase their rent. This will lead to some tenants refusing paying the new rent. They prefer serving them quite notice. They will use the opportunity to search and move to areas or affordable ones.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by Blackdisciple(m): 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2023
princeade86:
very heartless set of people. And government don't have law to erase that wickedness because their agberos and area boys getting their money from that.

Those men are heartless they just don't care all they want is their money, imagine a landlord want to increase house rent with 100k straight and notifying you 2- 3months for previous rent to expire is that not wickedness these are people with malicious spirit full of hates, in my area you see what some of these landlords are doing ehhh kaiii very annoying
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by sylve11: 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2023
BennyDGreat:

A recent happened to someone I know.
The retired elderly woman told them to use the 7/8 months they owe her to go collect another house.

They really stressed the woman. She had to bring in a lawyer into the matter( extra expense) to recover her house.

They were not even remorseful about it. They didn't give a damn!

Building house for rental purposes has never been my thing.

I have come to understand humans, they are terrible creatures. sad cool

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by tnerro1(m): 5:32pm On Dec 11, 2023
That’s why I advise people to invest in commercial shops or properties, no go tie ur money down on house rent mata. If na plaza u get, by the time u put padlock for the guy shop, ur rent go show sharp sharp and shame go catch am for the presence of him fellow shop renters😁😁😁
So if him dey do anyhow for village meeting, na dem go remind am say him never pay rent ooo

1 Like

Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by tommy589(m): 5:47pm On Dec 11, 2023
Lagos tenancy law on payment default and eviction favours tenants. I hope this new one sails through

1 Like

Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by Ballotelle(m): 6:10pm On Dec 11, 2023
There are duration of quit notice to b given nased on the tenancy, for a 6 month paying tenant, i tjink its 3 month, but by right the fact that u gave quit notice dosent mean tenant should not oay again, so it would be wise of landlords to issue quit notice when the rent is stil reading to expire when the eemt also expires, thereafter if the tenant refuses u can now go to court direct (a bit more expensive) or through lagis state dispute resolution , at the dispute bla bla is where they are talking of 2 months maximum, i think quit notice should b issued by lawyers
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by Inspirer1: 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2023
YesDaddyTill203:
Nigerian wicked tenants will not like this. They like free stuff while crying about wicked politicians. Wicked greedy people, always looking for excuse for not paying agreed rent on time.
As in ehn, so so annoying, most tenants are cheats

And it's people like that who are quick to talk ill of the government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by YesDaddyTill203: 6:34pm On Dec 11, 2023
Inspirer1:

As in ehn, so so annoying, most tenants are cheats

And it's people like that who are quick to talk ill of the government.
Exactly. I have 3 of them. They are nothing but cheats. They will beg you in God's name and use all sorts of excuses not to pay on time. They see the landlord as not really needing the money, so why bothering them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by BigBashiru: 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Monthly rent won't work in Nigeria.
A lot of people are too difficult and dishonest.
It will create so much problems the government will not be able to handle.

Doesn't this show how savage the black man is??
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by BigBashiru: 6:51pm On Dec 11, 2023
Akaegwu:
Property agents in Lagos contribute 80 percent of the disputes. They are simply wicked

How??
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by BigBashiru: 6:56pm On Dec 11, 2023
Hanndye:
It's the way to go. Housing is a business, there you be no privilege to tenants to take landlords for a ride. The issue of tenants locking up apartments and disappearing into thin air should also be looked into. Methinks there should be a limited length of time that tenants can do that.

This is a welcome sudden awakening.

While the apartment was locked up has rent not been paid?? Why are you trying to control someone else life? The black man is cursed
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by tunde1200(m): 8:28pm On Dec 11, 2023
Nice move
But when is it going to be implemented because of this our brother from the Hate States needs to be educated.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by Dozitex: 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2023
For instant, I just rented a house, barely 3 months, my Landlord came and served everyone in the house 6 months quit notice, stating he has given the house to developers. When we still have 1 year 9 months.

Imagine how wicked some landlord could be.
Isn't that a bridge of contract!
Re: Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution by BennyDGreat: 6:38am On Dec 12, 2023
sylve11:

Building house for rental purposes has never been my thing.

I have come to understand humans, they are terrible creatures. sad cool

I quite agree chief. Human beings are very terrible.
Nigerians are terrible to deal with especially those who love to Owe landlords.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo state: Beautiful Building Property For Sale - Pictures attached / PLOTS AT TAYAN HOMES IDU, ABUJA BY TRANE STATION / Please check out beautiful and unique furnitures made by my husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.