Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Benin City Is A Hellhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin City Is A Hellhole (3561 Views)

60 Years Of Non-Igbo Rule And Marginalization And Nigeria Is Still A Hellhole / Benin City Is Currently Burning Due To Naira redesign (pictures) / Who Can Guess Which City Is This In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin City Is A Hellhole by dragonflyy(m): 5:36pm On Dec 11, 2023
it's filled to the brim with perpetually frustrated morons who can't have simple dialogue without screaming at the top of their lungs.
always loud for no discernable reason.

you can literally get into a fight over the most petty nonsense in this shithole.

Total strangers can start up unwanted conversations with you in the most obnoxious fashion. the roads are disastrous trash, even in the so called gra. The yahoo boys here are the brokest and most pathetic but make so much noise at the same time.

dont even get me started on the traffic. Jesus fucking Christ, Benin drivers are literally tied with Lagos for the most insane drivers in the south South. It's bad enough that I have to board a gigantic scrap of rusted metal for my daily commute. but yet I have to deal with self-confessed lunatics behind the steering wheel. The driver in my bus today literally made a joke about us being stupid for entering the bus of a madman!

i understand that this peculiar fragrance of insanity is widespread in most third world countries like Nigeria but for the love of Bleep, it seems Benin and Lagos are competing intensely for the covered price of the most decorated City of morons in the 21st century.

the economy is tough, I get it. but let's stop pretending it's a valid excuse for mannerless behavior and shitty upbringing.

I just needed to get that off my chest. I know behavior like this is pretty much acceptable in Nigeria, more reason i can't wait to see this country crash and burn as i know it will eventually.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by sotall(m): 5:41pm On Dec 11, 2023
If you observe closely this thread was created by an okoro the cry cry babies of nairaland...

After Peter Obi was rejected in the last elections, they became an headless mob fighting every tribe on social media.

What the Hausa/Fulani saw tens of years ago, we in the South are just seeing it now that igbos can never rule Nigeria.

Their bigotry is second to none.

They hate anyone not from their tribe. Hence they killed leaders of other tribes in the 1966 coup.

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by 1TrippleCee: 5:42pm On Dec 11, 2023
Hmm

the economy is tough, I get it. but let's stop pretending it's a valid excuse for mannerless behavior and shitty upbringing.

4 Likes

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by 1TrippleCee: 5:42pm On Dec 11, 2023
Na wetin i wan find for benin before? I am not dissapointed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by sotall(m): 5:47pm On Dec 11, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Na wetin i wan find for benin before? I am not dissapointed

Wetin you wan find for Benin but your kinsmen are in Benin selling stuffs and making a living from it.

That's how you guys run your mouth that the North gave you quit notice.
Your regional leaders had to go cap-in-hand begging the Northerners to withdraw the quit to notice.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by 1TrippleCee: 5:50pm On Dec 11, 2023
sotall:

Wetin you wan find for Benin but your kinsmen are in Benin selling stuffs and making a living from it.

Your regional leaders had to go cap-in-hand begging the Northerners to withdraw the quit to notice.

What an outburst !

4 Likes

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by ahnie: 6:02pm On Dec 11, 2023
See how you just rubbished a whole Benin for that matter.

Try branch Benin,e get wetin those Boys for aduwawa wan tell you.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by Benwallt(m): 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2023
Ekpa has already hijacked Edo State. I don't pity them. Na small difference dey between Edolites and Igbos.

They always support nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by vowiski(m): 6:24pm On Dec 11, 2023
Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by woginid967: 6:24pm On Dec 11, 2023
dragonflyy:
it's filled to the brim with perpetually frustrated morons who can't have simple dialogue without screaming at the top of their lungs.
always loud for no discernable reason.

you can literally get into a fight over the most petty nonsense in this shithole.

Total strangers can start up unwanted conversations with you in the most obnoxious fashion. the roads are disastrous trash, even in the so called gra. The yahoo boys here are the brokest and most pathetic but make so much noise at the same time.

dont even get me started on the traffic. Jesus fucking Christ, Benin drivers are literally tied with Lagos for the most insane drivers in the south South. It's bad enough that I have to board a gigantic scrap of rusted metal for my daily commute. but yet I have to deal with self-confessed lunatics behind the steering wheel. The driver in my bus today literally made a joke about us being stupid for entering the bus of a madman!

i understand that this peculiar fragrance of insanity is widespread in most third world countries like Nigeria but for the love of Bleep, it seems Benin and Lagos are competing intensely for the covered price of the most decorated City of morons in the 21st century.

I just needed to get that off my chest. I know behavior like this is pretty much acceptable in Nigeria, more reason i can't wait to see this country crash and burn as i know it will eventually.

Benin city is the best place to get freshly shaved puci of any age n size.

They have prophets who are powerful

They have sure jazz that will work for you any day any time.

They have good enjoyment spots.

Stop talking down on a city with a large heart.

.it is in benin u can bang mother n daughter and no one will complain.

Benin is not as bad as you say

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by OmoFiditi: 6:25pm On Dec 11, 2023
sotall:
If you observe closely this thread was created by an okoro the cry cry babies of nairaland...

After Peter Obi was rejected in the last elections, they became an headless mob fighting every tribe on social media.

What the Hausa/Fulani saw tens of years ago, we in the South are just seeing it now that igbos can never rule Nigeria.

They hate anyone not from their tribe. Hence they killed leaders of other tribes in the 1966 coup.

The creator of the thread is a yoruba Muslim like me and you. Our yoruba Muslims are angry that Edo is strongly pro-Peter Obi, so in our usual mischievous way, we create threads to knock Edo and Ibo heads together.

Some of our yoruba brothers are cursed, especially the Agbadorians species..

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by hedonido: 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2023
It is a chaotic city to be honest. Much like Onitsha; only that Benin has somewhat more nuance and multidimensional madness than Onitsha.

You can't compare to Lagos, because Lagos is a state. Benin is a city. Onitsha is a city.

There are many Benins and Onitshas and everything inbetween in Lagos, with layered intersections and contours.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by Zaheertyler(m): 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2023
Benin rough
But money dey that town
It's a town for the strong

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by Esthered: 6:43pm On Dec 11, 2023
Did the OP board a vehicle on Sakponba or Sapele road as that's where they drive rough the most.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by Olachase(m): 6:56pm On Dec 11, 2023
At first I thought it was only in Lagos that has area boys and people hawking on the street, till I get to Benin city and Asaba then I realized it was same, I was like The same Asaba, so them day hawk for south East too buh they made us believe everybody down east were billions embarassed embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by LOVEALAIGBO: 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2023
Well, i do like their new secretariat building! It kinda reminds me of Canary Wharf!
Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by Jestin: 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2023
We go soon use this one count scores for Edo 😂
Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by Meteng: 7:40pm On Dec 11, 2023
woginid967:

Benin city is the best place to get freshly shaved puci of any age n size.

They have prophets who are powerful

They have sure jazz that will work for you any day any time.

They have good enjoyment spots.

Stop talking down on a city with a large heart.

.it is in benin u can bang mother n daughter and no one will complain.

Benin is not as bad as you say
Talk true bros? This is very inviting
Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by LadyExcellency: 7:51pm On Dec 11, 2023
This thread is not good for my health. The only thing I got from it is the quote below:

1TrippleCee:
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by fkelly(m): 8:09pm On Dec 11, 2023
After writing rubbish, u use another account to start ur tribal war.

Just days after insulting Oba, u have started another trend.

See the speed u used to mention igbo. Are u among dose that lost their life in their back yard.

sotall:

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by adeoyekay(m): 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2023
Jestin:
We go soon use this one count scores for Edo 😂
Boss man
Merry Christmas in advance
Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by NaMe4: 8:22pm On Dec 11, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by Couldntfigurean: 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2023
sotall:

When in doubt,just attack Igbo,The normal Nigeria solution to problems
Yoruba youth protest against buhari during End sars,eh it’s ibo people
Yoruba drop bomb on Hausa worshippers,let’s blame an igbo posted in faraway Ibadan

Them do una Nigerians with the name igbo
Always in yall mouths like toothache

Tufiakwa to your and whatever rotten household you are from

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by DeOTR: 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2023
Esthered:
Did the OP board a vehicle on Sakponba or Sapele road as that's where they drive rough the most.
It's true drivers in Benin are semi-mad men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by Esthered: 10:31pm On Dec 11, 2023
DeOTR:

It's true drivers in Benin are semi-mad men.

I wouldn't classify all as semi-mad. It's the boys that ply Sapele and Sakponba road. I sit with my heart in my mouth each time I go to work and return from work boarding commercial vehicles on Sakponba route as I work there.
I'm always happy to board vehicles of matured men which are not so common on that route.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by OVB123: 10:33pm On Dec 11, 2023
Esthered:
You just spoke my mind. Anyway, I think the op is just pulling our legs.
Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by Esthered: 10:35pm On Dec 11, 2023
OVB123:
You just spoke my mind. Anyway, I think the op is just pulling our legs.
Benin can be rough especially the places I mentioned. I'm sometimes still shocked with their driving especially at Third junction having lived in lagos for over 25 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:09pm On Dec 11, 2023
sotall:

wetin bring your bigotry into this matter first of all ? You're such a sad person

6 Likes

Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by LowKeyManny: 11:16pm On Dec 11, 2023
dragonflyy:
It's bad enough that I have to board a gigantic scrap of rusted metal for my daily commute.

This cannot be said enough..
Re: Benin City Is A Hellhole by Catapault: 11:55pm On Dec 11, 2023
Couldntfigurean:
When in doubt,just attack Igbo,The normal Nigeria solution to problems
Yoruba youth protest against buhari during End sars,eh it’s ibo people
Yoruba drop bomb on Hausa worshippers,let’s blame an igbo posted in faraway Ibadan

Them do una Nigerians with the name igbo
Always in yall mouths like toothache

Tufiakwa to your and whatever rotten household you are from

GO FCK YOURSELF, ASSWIPE.

It is okay for you animals to hate Nigeria, but not okay for Nigeria to hate you?

FCK YOU A MILLION TIMES THERE.

NARCISSISTS.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Aims To Raise Oil, Condensates Output To 2.6M BPD By 2026 / Nigerians In The Diaspora Or @home : Who's Responsible For The Negative Image ! / Obasanjo And Son Roasting Chicken (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.