Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah (27324 Views)

Fans Excited As Osimhen Dribbles Gattuso In Napoli's Training (Photos) / Obasanjo, Ambode And Oshoala At The Aiteo CAF Awards (Photos) / Mohamed Salah Wins 'African Player Of Year' At CAF Awards (See Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by Hananfine: 9:09pm On Dec 11, 2023
Chijeep:
Religion of piss and sentiment self...
Make Oshimen win what he deserved joor

Everything about you is religion. You have becomes useless to your family and world at large
Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by Hananfine: 9:13pm On Dec 11, 2023
SmartyPants:
Most people don't know that the North Africans actually don't like each other.

Algerians and Morrocans especially hate each other. And Algerians and Egyotians are rivals too.

I can see how humiliating that would have been for the Algerians to go to Morrocco to see a Morroccan and Egyptian on the shortlist.

Stop this your lies I beg . Everything is not about speculation.

They have a valid point.

The guy won three trophies
And contributed 37 goals.

Why is he not in top three.

I believe if Mahrez is Nigeria, you will be among the people shouting ojoro
Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by Kingosytex(m): 9:23pm On Dec 11, 2023
femi4:
What was Marehz contribution last season.
They should go n rest.

Top 5 African best should be a starter and not a sub

They just gave you his stats and you're still asking grin
Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by MamaletASO: 9:23pm On Dec 11, 2023
Mtcheww..

If you are important you will be missed and the award will not hold...

But
Since you are not important..the award event is on-going and almost completed..

Morocco's coach my foot 👣

Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by femi4: 9:27pm On Dec 11, 2023
Kingosytex:

They just gave you his stats and you're still asking grin
Stat from the bench...Oga rest. Such stat is deceptive. E.g coming into a game in the second half to score 4th or 5th goal

1 Like

Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by Thazard(m): 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
-Algerians will claim Mahrez deserves the Title.
-Nigerians will claim Osimhen deserves the Title.
-Moroccans will claim Hakimi deserves the Title.
-Egyptians will claim Salah deserves the Title.

Nobody dey gree say him mama soup no sweet. Na so life just be. smiley
gringringrin
Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by Pharaohny: 10:54pm On Dec 11, 2023
What was mahrez contribution to said Trophy 🏆 abi thunder wan locate them

1 Like

Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by realestate99: 4:03am On Dec 12, 2023
Lol, the Algerians are masking their excuse for their absence, it is an open secret that Algeria and Morocco are big foes, it would be a big surprise if Algeria attended even without this " Mahrez" excuse.
Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by placeofallure(f): 4:48am On Dec 12, 2023
thatigboman:
Algerians are boycotting the occasion solely because of salah. They believed that the top 3 would have been osihmen, mahrez and hakimi.

You're on point! Algerians wouldn't mind even if Osimhen got it (He did eventually) What they contest is Mo Salah's appearance in the top three. Their allegation is valid if you ask me.

On a good day, Mo Salah is my personal person but I won't root for anyone who is undeserving.

1 Like

Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by pquaver(m): 5:41am On Dec 12, 2023
finegirl233:
They should go and die.
You will see Ronaldo fans now supoorting osimen..
But if it is messi.. It is rigged.. Abi.. U see how only seria A topped treble and is ok with you..
But world cup cannot top treble because na Messi..
Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by pquaver(m): 5:43am On Dec 12, 2023
Hananfine:

Stop this your lies I beg . Everything is not about speculation.

They have a valid point.

The guy won three trophies
And contributed 37 goals.

Why is he not in top three.

I believe if Mahrez is Nigeria, you will be among the people shouting ojoro

But if it is messi.. It is rigged.. Abi.. U see how only seria A topped treble and is ok with Ororo fans.. .
But world cup cannot top treble because na Messi..
Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by Sheggy13(m): 6:27am On Dec 12, 2023
sirpharrell:
The top three should have been Osimhen, Mahrez and Bonou.
It is ridiculous that Salah made the top three ahead of Mahrez and Bonou.

I understand your inclusion of Bounou. Infact if anyone from Morocco should be there, it should be him and not Hakimi. I feel he was badly treated. Bounou won the Europa league with Sevilla and was the highest rated goalkeeper on the season's Ballon D'Or list even ahead of Argentina world cup winning goalkeeper Martinez, finishing in 13th behind Osimhen in 8th and Salah in 11th, the only other Africans in the top 20.

Mahrez may have won treble with City but what really was his contribution to that? He was at best a squad player who isn't rated enough to start matches. You can tell by his omission in the Ballon D'Or top 30 list when his other Man City mates dominated the list. Individually, Salah had a better season than him, hence Salah's 11th position on the Ballon D'Or list. You want the best player from Africa to be someone not good enough to start matches in his club side and currently playing in the non-competitive Saudi league at the peak of his career, when Salah is constantly breaking new records in the EPL? Come on na. It is only just right that Osimhen eventually won it. The 8th best player in the world according to the Ballon D'Or rankings.
Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by lagosrd: 7:00am On Dec 12, 2023
Let them remove whosoever they wish on the list but definitely not osihmen cos their hikimi needs his mum to ball as usual
Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by Monday60655(m): 9:55am On Dec 12, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
-Algerians will claim Mahrez deserves the Title.
-Nigerians will claim Osimhen deserves the Title.
-Moroccans will claim Hakimi deserves the Title.
-Egyptians will claim Salah deserves the Title.

Nobody dey gree say him mama soup no sweet. Na so life just be. smiley

But to be frankly speaking, in as much as I have supported Osimhen to win it this time around, Mahrez supposed to have make the last three ahead of Sarah.
Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by GanagiBitrus: 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2023
Monday60655:

But to be frankly speaking, in as much as I have supported Osimhen to win it this time around, Mahrez supposed to have make the last three ahead of Sarah.
The major consideration was probably that Mahrez played most of his matches from the bench.
They didn't want to have Africa best player contender who is a bench warmer.
Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by Monday60655(m): 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

The major consideration was probably that Mahrez played most of his matches from the bench.
They didn't want to have Africa best player contender who is a bench warmer.

That was not a major contention. This is an individual award and achievement. Mahrez scored 17 goals and 19 assist. He won treble which includes Champions league, premier league and FA cup. He was pivotal to City in these competitions. He started many games and come from bench on many as well likewise other players.
Mind you, I said he(Mahrez) ought to have make final list ahead of Sarah.
Re: Algeria Boycott CAF Awards In Support Of Mahrez As Osimhen Challenges Salah by Promise47(m): 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2023
North Africa don't like blacks at only Morocco that like black people the wrost of them all na Libya Algeria and Tunisia racist to highest heaven
SmartyPants:
Most people don't know that the North Africans actually don't like each other.

Algerians and Morrocans especially hate each other. And Algerians and Egyotians are rivals too.

I can see how humiliating that would have been for the Algerians to go to Morrocco to see a Morroccan and Egyptian on the shortlist.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mikel, Okocha Or Kanu: Who Was The Most Successful Nigerian Player / Iheanacho's Goal Against Burton Albion Nominated For Goal Of The Month / Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.