Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,373 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks (2547 Views)

Lagos Taskforce Impound 150 Motorcycles On Mile 2-Ojo-Badagry Expressway / Ekweremadu, Lawan, Fashola And 4 Other Who Have Lived On Public Funds For 20yrs / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:58am On Dec 12, 2023
Ballmer:
Of course ipob too can kill anywhere it please as the decision should be left to it same goes for assassin kidnappers etc.

Society can't dictate it own norms n rule cos one foolish Igbo from the dungeons of hell believe it is entitled to an opinion.

Its the same problem as that of Lagos, just in another direction.

1. Kano people say they no want as its against their cultures and religion, the wise choice is to go where you are un-hindered and do your business.

2. As for the guy that said northerners are using religion to tame southerners investments, this is so funny is pathetic.
So, northerners should allow prostitutes so as not to be seen as going against southerner's investment?

If your states find eating beef and cow meat culturally and religiously intolerant, make laws to control that, and the northerners doing such businesses will find other places to ply their trade.

And this is funny coming from people that want to wreck ibo investment in Lagos cause of politics, even when these investments in most cases dont pose any threat whatsoever to you people.

3. As for the op whos lived in whatever country, they have their traditions, we have ours.
The hausa man wont go to Imo and demand (as your entitlement mentalities make you) that he observes durbar in front of government house, but other people are free to come and shove whatever they like down pther people's threat because they have a higher precedence as 'superior human beings'.

Take your busines to Delta, Hisba no go follow you there but as for Kano, their land their people, their traditions and values - their laws to make.
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Ballmer: 7:59am On Dec 12, 2023
But drinking alcohol as not stopped killing in the south be it SW SS or SE.

What name will you arrogate to the South then or should we use the same hypocrites or that word can only be used whenever it suits your sentiment bias n delusion.

creativehubb:
Alcohol is good to calm tempers, the North keep breeding terrorists monsters because of all these stupid no drinking, no fun type of Sharia culture... drinking alcohol is better than targeting christians and non Muslims and calling others infidels. Hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:00am On Dec 12, 2023
Ballmer:

Exactly you can make this senseless claim for cocaine n heroine as well as you do not take it. Societies should not be able to set their Norms, clowns like you should be the one telling those in Kano what is acceptable to them n how they live their lives.

This.

Same thing they wont accept in 50 lunar years.
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Ballmer: 8:05am On Dec 12, 2023
Don't mind those hypocrite they nearly make feel like I have no idea what I am saying but my conviction is unwavering.

I am a christian n I do drink beer but I know when the overwhelming majority of a place reject an idea no one should force it on them. I have been hearing of Kano breaking beer bottles since secondary school so several years after university some people still believe it is that same Kano them must go sell beer n o not expect the same push back. Make them de play.

Raheeqilmaktoom:

Its the same problem as that of Lagos, just in another direction.

1. Kano people say they no want as its against their cultures and religion, the wise choice is to go where you are un-hindered and do your business.

2. As for the guy that said northerners are using religion to tame southerners investments, this is so funny is pathetic.
So, northerners should allow prostitutes so as not to be seen as going against southerner's investment?

If your states find eating beef and cow meat culturally and religiously intolerant, make laws to control that, and the northerners doing such businesses will find other places to ply their trade.

And this is funny coming from people that want to wreck ibo investment in Lagos cause of politics, even when these investments in most cases dont pose any threat whatsoever to you people.

3. As for the op whos lived in whatever country, they have their traditions, we have ours.
The hausa man wont go to Imo and demand (as your entitlement mentalities make you) that he observes durbar in front of government house, but other people are free to come and shove whatever they like down pther people's threat because they have a higher precedence as 'superior human beings'.

Take your busines to Delta, Hisba no go follow you there but as for Kano, their land their people, their traditions and values - their laws to make.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:06am On Dec 12, 2023
JASONjnr:

But you dictate to others how your cows should encroach on people's farms and if the owner of the farm speaks up, you slaughter them.

You sniff all kinds of drugs and even out toilets and you invent dangerous drugs to get high with amongst the youth.... Then you forbid alcohol.

Educated yoot. grin

For the millionth time, when you find any fulani whose cattle trespas into anyone's farmlands (and so long the laws are clear/established what his penalties are in such instances), prosecute him according to such laws and dont call nobody's attention to it.

Besides, what brings cows to an alcahol discussion?

Cows - purely business and economic.
Alcahol - subject of religious and cultural rebuke.

The two are parallels apart.
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by creativehubb: 8:07am On Dec 12, 2023
Ballmer:
But drinking alcohol as not stopped killing in the south be it SW SS or SE.

What name will you arrogate to the South then or should we use the same hypocrites or that word can only be used whenever it suits your sentiment bias n delusion.

Alcoholic brewing companies pay billions as taxes, you people don't reject federal taxes, and do not stop your almajiris from coming to disturb us in the south, where we drink alcohol and live a life you see as Haram.... doesn't this religious absurdity sound dumb to you?

You hate alcohol but you like to kill infidels and forcefully conquer everyone till they become like you...funny hypocrites.

You people should stay in your North and stop mixing with others since you hate us and our lifestyle...I repeat alcohol calm nerves, allow your youths drink alcohol otherwise be ready for more terrorists and bandits.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Antivirus92(m): 8:50am On Dec 12, 2023
Ballmer:
If majority of those in Kano do not want acholic drink sold there they have every right to that. If Nigeria is not a lawless country things prohibited in a jurisdiction should not even find it way into that place least those bringing it are made to pay hefty fines.

but we in the south east do not want to see Fulani herdsmen moving about with cows and destroying people's farms. So according to your logic, we should start attacking them and killing or compounding the cows since it's no longer the constitution that prevails but people's wish.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Antivirus92(m): 9:10am On Dec 12, 2023
In a country of diverse religion and culture. For chaos not to break out, the constitution must be supreme and supercede any other regional laws. If the Nigerian constitution does not prohibit alcohol sales and consumption, no other law should do that. You cannot be enjoying proceeds (vat) from alcohol production and consumption and at the same time be destroying people's business just because they're not your tribals men. Just like in the case of Lagos, I can see the comments of some northerners here saying business men should relocate their businesses if the locals do not like their business. Many times, people have fought to disintegrate this country so that everyone will be in his own country in peace and practice whatever they believe in but it's always met with strong resistance from the government supported by the hypocritical public. Since you want us to remain in the same country, the constitution must be followed and not some regional wishes. We are being treated unfairly now, the south east. We are being targeted everywhere in Nigeria. We the young ones are not as tolerant as our elders. We have come to discover many truths. Let it be on history that we were attacked first in Lagos by the Yorubas, our business was always attacked in the north by radical islamists for some flimsy excuses. Before the biafran war started, this was how our people were being targeted and killed in the north. But the moment we said enough, revisionists have it that Igbos started the civil war. When we start , which may not even be now, no looking back until everything is avenged.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Ballmer: 10:11am On Dec 12, 2023
Where you not doing exactly that ?
Did you not attack herdsmen in the East ?
Did you see me criticize you for doing that ?

Antivirus92:
but we in the south east do not want to see Fulani herdsmen moving about with cows and destroying people's farms. So according to your logic, we should start attacking them and killing or compounding the cows since it's no longer the constitution that prevails but people's wish.
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Raheeqilmaktoom: 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2023
Antivirus92:
In a country of diverse religion and culture. For chaos not to break out, the constitution must be supreme and supercede any other regional laws. If the Nigerian constitution does not prohibit alcohol sales and consumption, no other law should do that. You cannot be enjoying proceeds (vat) from alcohol production and consumption and at the same time be destroying people's business just because they're not your tribals men. Just like in the case of Lagos, I can see the comments of some northerners here saying business men should relocate their businesses if the locals do not like their business. Many times, people have fought to disintegrate this country so that everyone will be in his own country in peace and practice whatever they believe in but it's always met with strong resistance from the government supported by the hypocritical public. Since you want us to remain in the same country, the constitution must be followed and not some regional wishes. We are being treated unfairly now, the south east. We are being targeted everywhere in Nigeria. We the young ones are not as tolerant as our elders. We have come to discover many truths. Let it be on history that we were attacked first in Lagos by the Yorubas, our business was always attacked in the north by radical islamists for some flimsy excuses. Before the biafran war started, this was how our people were being targeted and killed in the north. But the moment we said enough, revisionists have it that Igbos started the civil war. When we start , which may not even be now, no looking back until everything is avenged.

And the victimhood starts.

"We are not as tolerant as our fathers", grin and so?

The ingridient to living in harmony in a diverse community is respecting each other and knowing our boundaries, its that simple.
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by lordkush: 12:10pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ballmer:
Exactly you can make this senseless claim for cocaine n heroine as well as you do not take it. Societies should not be able to set their Norms, clowns like you should be the one telling those in Kano what is acceptable to them n how they live their lives.

who is the foul swine grunting.
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by morohunfola78008: 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2023
It is ridiculous to you fools as you from the hell of Ipobland should be the one dictating how those in Kano live their lives.It is ridiculous to you fools as you from the hell of Ipobland should be the one dictating how those in Kano live their lives....
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Justiceleague1: 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2023
flokii:
President Tinubu needs to take drastic measures against those Hisbah lunatics in Kano.. I've said it here before and I will keep saying it that the North is using religion as excuse to destroy Southern investments while they keep flooding the South with their own products, goods and services.

Like they want to force Islam on the rest of Nigeria which will never happen.. there are people from other ethnic groups and faith living in Kano lawfully as Nigerians, what right do Kano hisbah have to stop them from drinking alcohol?

They need to first expunge islamic laws from our constitution, then make anything religion strictly personal affair. Your religious leanings and beliefs should not affect your next door neighbor in anyway.
For once something reasonable from you this year grin
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Antivirus92(m): 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

And the victimhood starts.

"We are not as tolerant as our fathers", grin and so?

The ingridient to living in harmony in a diverse community is respecting each other and knowing our boundaries, its that simple.
respecting each other by attacking people doing their lawful business and destroying their properties right?
Quote me any part of the constitution that says you cannot produce,buy or sell beer in any part of the country. Or were northerners not present when the constitution was made and amended?
You guys will throw the first punch and start crying when everything starts. Just remember that it's your people that started it first.
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by FreeStuffsNG: 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Prohibition of alcohol is strictly for Muslims, In UAE and Saudi, Alcohol is sold to non Muslim and expatriates

Qatar during world cup had some lisenced location that sold beer

A total ban like that of Kano state is ridiculous

It's not ridiculous. Stop denigrating the religious belief of others. Respect their religious beliefs or leave their land.

While you are being critical of Kano, why don't you go to Afghanistan and smuggle beer into their country then see the difference between Kano's Islamic belief and that of the Taliban.Smh
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Antivirus92(m): 1:32pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ballmer:
Where you not doing exactly that ?
Did you not attack herdsmen in the East ?
Did you see me criticize you for doing that ?

we attacked herdsmen in the east?
You did the attack for us right?
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Antivirus92(m): 1:37pm On Dec 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It's not ridiculous. Stop denigrating the religious belief of others. Respect their religious beliefs or leave their land.

While you are being critical of Kano, why don't you go to Afghanistan and smuggle beer into their country then see the difference between Kano's Islamic belief and that of the Taliban.Smh
so Nigeria is now an Islamic nation?
Nigeria runs two constitution, one permitting the sale and consumption of alcohol and the Islamic northern constitution prohibiting it.

What guides a country, the constitution or the different religious beliefs?
Do the beer sellers force or mandate people to drink beer?
Beer just like cigarette, if it's ur thing ,you do it ,if it's not, u mind your business
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Bliss52: 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Same Afghanistan the Opium Capita of the world ?!

Alcohol is the least of their problem in an Opium infested country

You religion is private to you, Constituition is what is bounding to all..

And for the records I am a Muslim, and don't think I should dictate what my neighbors who are christians eat or drink as long as it's not in my house

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Prigidypogodo(f): 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2023
Bliss52:

And for the records I am a Muslim, and don't think I should dictate what my neighbors who are christians eat or drink as long as it's not in my house
accumulate
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by FreeStuffsNG: 2:11pm On Dec 12, 2023
Bliss52:

Smh @ bolded. It's obvious that you are not current. As we type here, even ordinary planting of opium can now cost you your life in Afghanistan.

The constitution protects rights to freedom of faith. The activities of Hisbah is backed by the Kano state laws. If you consider it improper against our national laws, go challenge it at the Supreme Court. Till then, respect their laws. If you can't, leave their land and go where you can enjoy your alcohol with peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Antivirus92(m): 2:22pm On Dec 12, 2023
The activities of Hisbah is backed by the Kano state laws.

Imagine......KANO STATE LAWS...

The rubbish someone will have to vomit just because he hates Igbo people
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by WithX(m): 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Prohibition of alcohol is strictly for Muslims, In UAE and Saudi, Alcohol is sold to non Muslim and expatriates

Qatar during world cup had some licensed location that sold beer

A total ban like that of Kano state is ridiculous

You have a valid point, but you only make conclusion without trying to know the fact.
Yes its heard that Hisba do confiscate alcohol, but what you don't know is Alcohol is not totally banned in Kano just like other northern states. The issue is alcohol sale and consumption is banned within Kano metropolis but alcohol is openly sold and consumed in some areas. Go to Sabon gari area, you can drink yourself to stupor. Even within the metropolis, bars in officers mess sell alcohol.
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Bliss52: 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2023
WithX:

You have a valid point, but you only make conclusion without trying to know the fact.
Yes its heard that Hisba do confiscate alcohol, but what you don't know is Alcohol is not totally banned in Kano just like other northern states. The issue is alcohol sale and consumption is banned within Kano metropolis but alcohol is openly sold and consumed in some areas. Go to Sabon gari area, you can drink yourself to stupor. Even within the metropolis, bars in officers mess sell alcohol.

Ok, that sounds reasonable enough, thanks for the clarification
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by WithX(m): 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

I don't know why people are sentimental about this.

is the situation any different from any of these scenario which is in play even in developed countries
1. You have freedom to drink but you must be above a certain age before you can
2. You have freedom to smoke but you can not smoke in a smoke free zone.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by JASONjnr(m): 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Educated yoot. grin

For the millionth time, when you find any fulani whose cattle trespas into anyone's farmlands (and so long the laws are clear/established what his penalties are in such instances), prosecute him according to such laws and dont call nobody's attention to it.

Besides, what brings cows to an alcahol discussion?

Cows - purely business and economic.
Alcahol - subject of religious and cultural rebuke.

The two are parallels apart.

Cows and herdsmen killing people, should not be compared to desires of drinking alcohol?

Moreover, both alcohol and herdsmen clash is closely related to region despise.

If a particular region dont want you to roam the areas with your cows and invading their forest to hide weapons.... To kill farmers and harvest their organs.

Alcohol isn't compelled. No Muslim is forced to drink it. They can easily walk pass it.

Abi they're pretending not to love it but desires it?
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Sevenworldpower(m): 5:18am On Dec 13, 2023
kingsways:
I heard some agency in Kano are impounding people's alcholic drinks and I think this is an unacceptable violation of the rights of the owners of those drinks...Some things should simply be left to the decision of people! You drink if you want and you dont drink if you dont want. You dont try to force your belief on another person's beliefs because it's not going to work well

I have lived in at least two predominantly Muslim countries, one of them about 90% Muslim, and I never for once saw anyone impound anyone's drinks. In this very country with about 90% Muslim population, someone (a Muslim) once told me "this is circular country, anybody can worship anywhere". These countries are unbelievably peaceful and accommodating

Now come home, I am not sure what the problem is exactly with some Muslims in Nigeria. I do not know if it's hypocrisy or what, but I know they are a major part of the problems of the country

The owners of drinks should go to court.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by grandstar(m): 6:58am On Dec 13, 2023
Kingsway,
Thank you for exposing the hypocrisy in Nigeria.

Chad, Mali, Niger and Burkina Faso, which are majority Muslim do not practice Sharia. They are all secular countries.

I doubt any country in West or Central Africa practices Sharia. I am not sure of Mauritania.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by orisa37: 7:51am On Dec 13, 2023
ONE MAD SHEIKH IN SOKOTO AND HAVING TENTACLES IN KANO, ZAMFARA AND JIGAWA STATES IS DOING THIS.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News!! This Tribe In Adamawa State Declare They Are Ijaws!! (photos). / Cameroun, Nigeria To Jointly Exploit Bakassi Peninsula / Kaduna State Govt Imposes A 24 Hour Curfew In Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.