Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,490 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks (2534 Views)

Lagos Taskforce Impound 150 Motorcycles On Mile 2-Ojo-Badagry Expressway / Ekweremadu, Lawan, Fashola And 4 Other Who Have Lived On Public Funds For 20yrs / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by kingsways: 6:59am On Dec 12, 2023
I heard some agency in Kano are impounding people's alcholic drinks and I think this is an unacceptable violation of the rights of the owners of those drinks...Some things should simply be left to the decision of people! You drink if you want and you dont drink if you dont want. You dont try to force your belief on another person's beliefs because it's not going to work well

I have lived in at least two predominantly Muslim countries, one of them about 90% Muslim, and I never for once saw anyone impound anyone's drinks. In this very country with about 90% Muslim population, someone (a Muslim) once told me "this is circular country, anybody can worship anywhere". These countries are unbelievably peaceful and accommodating

Now come home, I am not sure what the problem is exactly with some Muslims in Nigeria. I do not know if it's hypocrisy or what, but I know they are a major part of the problems of the country

12 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Bliss52: 7:02am On Dec 12, 2023
cool

Prohibition of alcohol is strictly for Muslims, In UAE and Saudi, Alcohol is sold to non Muslim and expatriates

Qatar during world cup had some lisenced location that sold beer

A total ban like that of Kano state is ridiculous

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by YorubaDemonswag: 7:06am On Dec 12, 2023
Make dem leave alcohol to those who drink it,I don't take alcohol and I don't see reason why I should stop someone from taking it

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by flokii: 7:12am On Dec 12, 2023
President Tinubu needs to take drastic measures against those Hisbah lunatics in Kano.. I've said it here before and I will keep saying it that the North is using religion as excuse to destroy Southern investments while they keep flooding the South with their own products, goods and services.

Like they want to force Islam on the rest of Nigeria which will never happen.. there are people from other ethnic groups and faith living in Kano lawfully as Nigerians, what right do Kano hisbah have to stop them from drinking alcohol?

They need to first expunge islamic laws from our constitution, then make anything religion strictly personal affair. Your religious leanings and beliefs should not affect your next door neighbor in anyway.

10 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Johnycastro18: 7:13am On Dec 12, 2023
Off course one of the major problem in this country is
HYPOCRISY,!!

starting from the leaders who make laws and are the first to break them, down to the various individuals who claim and act holy but are the chief architects of evil practices behind the scene....

You destroy crates of alcoholic drinks in your region, yet struggle to have a taste of VAT tax generated from same alcohol from another region grin

hypocrisy everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Zonefree(m): 7:20am On Dec 12, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Prohibition of alcohol is strictly for Muslims, In UAE and Saudi, Alcohol is sold to non Muslim and expatriates

For the first time you said something reasonable.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Ballmer: 7:23am On Dec 12, 2023
Of course ipob too can kill anywhere it please as the decision should be left to it same goes for assassin kidnappers etc.

Society can't dictate it own norms n rule cos one foolish Igbo from the dungeons of hell believe it is entitled to an opinion.

kingsways:
I heard some agency in Kano are impounding people's alcholic drinks and I think this is an unacceptable violation of the rights of the owners of those drinks...Some things should simply be left to the decision of people! You drink if you want and you dont drink if you dont want. You dont try to force your belief on another person's beliefs because it's not going to work well

I have lived in at least two predominantly Muslim countries, one of them about 90% Muslim, and I never for once saw anyone impound anyone's drinks. In this very country with about 90% Muslim population, someone (a Muslim) once told me "this is circular country, anybody can worship anywhere". These countries are unbelievably peaceful and accommodating

Now come home, I am not sure what the problem is exactly with some Muslims in Nigeria. I do not know if it's hypocrisy or what, but I know they are a major part of the problems of the country

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Ballmer: 7:24am On Dec 12, 2023
It is ridiculous to you fools as you from the hell of Ipobland should be the one dictating how those in Kano live their lives.

Bliss52:
cool

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Bliss52: 7:26am On Dec 12, 2023
[quote author=Ballmer post=127439596]It is ridiculous to you fools as you from the hell of Ipobland should be the one dictating how those in Kano live their lives.

[/quote

Your Manafiq Father is the fool, for raising you like animal

9 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Ballmer: 7:26am On Dec 12, 2023
Exactly you can make this senseless claim for cocaine n heroine as well as you do not take it. Societies should not be able to set their Norms, clowns like you should be the one telling those in Kano what is acceptable to them n how they live their lives.

YorubaDemonswag:
Make dem leave alcohol to those who drink it,I don't take alcohol and I don't see reason why I should stop someone from taking it

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by WhereMyLoud: 7:28am On Dec 12, 2023
kingsways:

Bro please and please no reply that Ball.mer guy wey quote you.. no be everything King see for dream him dey tell Onowu. Please just ignore. You made a very valid point with your post. No need to argue with clout chasers. He who is wise see your point of view. At this stage we are in Nigeria its only a foolish child that will still drag anything he reads or hear to ethnicity.. as if we all are not suffering the pinch.

10 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by MEEVEET: 7:28am On Dec 12, 2023
kingsways:

Im not against what's happening in Kano nah far from that if they want a Sharia state so be it

But let everyone handle their resources, make the laws that they like and live how they want simple

Let's restructure so North can have their lovely Sharia

5 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Ballmer: 7:30am On Dec 12, 2023
If majority of those in Kano do not want acholic drink sold there they have every right to that. If Nigeria is not a lawless country things prohibited in a jurisdiction should not even find it way into that place least those bringing it are made to pay hefty fines.

flokii:
President Tinubu needs to take drastic measures against those Hisbah lunatics in Kano.. I've said it here before and I will keep saying it that the North is using religion as excuse to destroy Southern investments while they keep flooding the South with their own products, goods and services.

Like they want to force Islam on the rest of Nigeria which will never happen.. there are people from other ethnic groups and faith living in Kano lawfully as Nigerians, what right do Kano hisbah have to stop them from drinking alcohol?

They need to first expunge islamic laws from our constitution, then make anything religion strictly personal affair. Your religious leanings and beliefs should not affect your next door neighbor in anyway.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by JASONjnr(m): 7:31am On Dec 12, 2023
Ballmer:
It is ridiculous to you fools as you from the hell of Ipobland should be the one dictating how those in Kano live their lives.

But you dictate to others how your cows should encroach on people's farms and if the owner of the farm speaks up, you slaughter them.

You sniff all kinds of drugs and even out toilets and you invent dangerous drugs to get high with amongst the youth.... Then you forbid alcohol.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Ballmer: 7:34am On Dec 12, 2023
Maybe that happens in your own land it doesn't happen where I am.

Wike just told herdsmen cows will not be allowed to roam the stress I do not see any cow owning perosn protesting or wailing about it. Ondo state banned cows from their roads n heaven did not fall.

When you mean dangerous drug you mean MpuriMiri or have you are concocting new recipe of drug to jail your tribesmen across the globe.

JASONjnr:

But you dictate to others how your cows should encroach on people's farms and if the owner of the farm speaks up, you slaughter them.

You sniff all kinds of drugs and even out toilets and you invent dangerous drugs to get high with amongst the youth.... Then you forbid alcohol.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by gare(f): 7:35am On Dec 12, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

In Saudi Arabia alcohol is not sold anywhere in the public like in the UAE

there is a prohibition on the manufacture, sale, possession, and consumption of alcohol in Saudi Arabia. Drinking is punishable by public flogging, fines, or lengthy imprisonment, accompanied by deportation in certain cases
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by YorubaDemonswag: 7:35am On Dec 12, 2023
Ballmer:
Exactly you can make this senseless claim for cocaine n heroine as well as you do not take it societies should not be able to set their norma clowns like you should be the one telling those in Kano what is acceptable to them or how they live their lives.

Why ranting this early morning
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Beremx(f): 7:37am On Dec 12, 2023
Kano state thinks it's more Islamic than other sane Islamic countries where things are done right?

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by flokii: 7:38am On Dec 12, 2023
Ballmer:
If majority of those in Kano do not want acholic drink sold there they have every right to that. If Nigeria is not a lawless country things prohibited in a jurisdiction should not even find it way into that place least those bringing it are made to pay hefty fines.

As far as Kano is still part and parcel of Nigeria, Kano hisbah or whoever have no right to impound and destroy products (be it alcohol or whatever) made in Nigeria.. It's absurd and nauseating to say the least.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Bliss52: 7:38am On Dec 12, 2023
gare:

In Saudi Arabia alcohol is not sold anywhere in the public like in the UAE

That's what they make you believe

Saudi has some of the best locally brewed beers

4 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by gare(f): 7:39am On Dec 12, 2023
Bliss52:

That's what they make you believe

Saudi has some of the best locally brewed beers

Like which one? Name them

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Ballmer: 7:41am On Dec 12, 2023
Your own foolish brain no de ever correct, bigotry as ruined your life completely.

Beremx:
Kano state thinks it's more Islamic than other sane Islamic countries where things are done right?

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Ballmer: 7:42am On Dec 12, 2023
Exactly, the way Agbero as no right to be disturbing Nigerians from their daily bread but this is Nigeria or you do not find that disturbing n nauseating ?!

flokii:

As far as Kano is still part and parcel of Nigeria, Kano hisbah or whoever have no right to impound and destroy products (be it alcohol or whatever) made in Nigeria.. It's absurd and nauseating to say the least.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Beremx(f): 7:45am On Dec 12, 2023
Ballmer:
Your own foolish brain no de ever correct, bigotry as ruined your life completely.

you again that can't do without throwing insults? Na mods go treat your werey this morning.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Ballmer: 7:49am On Dec 12, 2023
Is that why you find it exceedingly difficult to discern without sentiment ? How many years since you became an adult as Kano hisbah been breaking beer drink that those taking it over there can not look for alternative places to sell their drinks as big as Nigeria is ?!

Beremx:
you again that can't do without throwing insults? Na mods go treat your werey this morning.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Bliss52: 7:51am On Dec 12, 2023
gare:

Like which one? Name them

Local brew are not branded

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by creativehubb: 7:53am On Dec 12, 2023
Alcohol is good to calm tempers, the North keep breeding terrorists monsters because of all these stupid no drinking, no fun type of Sharia culture... drinking alcohol is better than targeting christians and non Muslims and calling others infidels. Hypocrites.

I have never heard of Kano rejecting federal allocations because alcohol companies taxes are part of federal government generated revenue, which they share to alll states. Hypocrites.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Ballmer: 7:55am On Dec 12, 2023
As you have no balls to dare quote me make I ignore m not respond to your comment

WhereMyLoud:
Bro please and please no reply that Ball.mer guy wey quote you.. no be everything King see for dream him dey tell Onowu. Please just ignore. You made a very valid point with your post. No need to argue with clout chasers. He who is wise see your point of view. At this stage we are in Nigeria its only a foolish child that will still drag anything he reads or hear to ethnicity.. as if we all are not suffering the pinch.
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by gare(f): 7:58am On Dec 12, 2023
Bliss52:

Local brew are not branded

Well I know alcohol it is highly prohibited in Saudi Arabia and let's respect their laws simple. If they brew illegal is there business, while in the UAE you can walk up to shops with license to sell and buy any type you want.
Re: I Have Lived In A 90% Muslim Country And They Do Not Impound Alchoholic Drinks by Dpharisee: 7:58am On Dec 12, 2023
Even in Saudi Arabia I have never heard of anyone lynched by a mob for blasphemy it must pass through the legal process, its only in backward fanatical Muslim countries that were forcefully converted to Islam that behave anyhow

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Bounce Back:the Impact Of Cardoso’s Strategies / Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC / Atleast She Is Better Than Mariam Abacha: How Can People Say A Thing Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.