Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. (990 Views)

Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? / How To Reduce Feeds Cost In Poultry Business / Pictorial Details Of A Poultry Farm Project In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 3:58am On Dec 13, 2023
My People @ Nairalanders cool cool cool cool. I need your serious advice. I have this property ( It belongs to me ) in a remote part of Ikorodu. I am planning to start 2024 as a Self Employed Person/Businessman. Or if possible, combine teaching with business ( As hard as it Seems ). So, lets go back to what I was saying. Can I use this place for a poultry business? My brother says it cannot be used for raising Chickens. I want to raise Cockerels or Noilers. See the pictures I have attached. Please advice me accordingly, Nairalanders. The place has a source of water, toilets, bathroom, kitchen, rooms for office and store. Thanks.

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 4:10am On Dec 13, 2023
Look at the factory space in the picture above. It is very large and spacious. I am very interested in Agriculture. I also want to breed chickens for sale throughout the year. I need good advice, please. I am not interested poultry for egg production. I want to go into poultry for meat purposes. Thanks.

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by 1TrippleCee: 4:32am On Dec 13, 2023
It can be used for poultry 100%

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Xwizard: 4:36am On Dec 13, 2023
Anything green agriculture, you have my support and blessing.
Joining the badwagon soon

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 4:44am On Dec 13, 2023
1TrippleCee:
It can be used for poultry 100%

Thanks, Bro. The reason my brother is giving is that it is not airy enough, but I have explained to him that the place has many windows and doors ( As you can see ) that will be open for enough ventilation. There will be nets behind the doors and windows to prevent insects and rats from entering the place. The doors will be shut at night though.
Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 4:49am On Dec 13, 2023
Xwizard:
Anything green agriculture, you have my support and blessing.
Joining the badwagon soon

Thanks, Sir/Ma. I also intend to look for land/ unused plots of land in the area to plant Maize around April/May next year. I intend to cultivate at least 5 plots of land with Maize next year. Cheers.

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Xwizard: 4:56am On Dec 13, 2023
Redman44:

Thanks, Sir/Ma. I also intend to look for land/ unused plots of land in the area to plant Maize around April/May next year. I intend to cultivate at least 5 plots of land with Maize next year. Cheers.
After everything I realize we joke too much with agricultural for here, as it is right now, buying a plot of land for 5m just to cultivate is worth it in 5yrs

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by 1TrippleCee: 6:12am On Dec 13, 2023
Redman44:

Thanks, Bro. The reason my brother is giving is that it is not airy enough, but I have explained to him that the place has many windows and doors ( As you can see ) that will be open for enough ventilation. There will be nets behind the doors and windows to prevent insects and rats from entering the place. The doors will be shut at night though.

cockreles and noilers will survive perfectly
Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by fidelmarshal199: 9:42am On Dec 13, 2023
I think your best bet in this situation is to forfeit that your poultry aspiration and convert this place to a church.

Within 3 months, I can promise you your first millions.

You can hire falseprophet1 or righteousness2 as the minister in charge. You don't have to thank me, I gat your back

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by strenghtt: 10:36am On Dec 13, 2023
What about environment ? Is the building far from residential buildings where offensive smell will not be disturbing them?

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Nigerfine3: 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2023
fidelmarshal199:
I think your best bet in this situation is to forfeit that your poultry aspiration and convert this place to a church.

You can hire falseprophet1 or righteousness2 as the minister in charge. You don't have to thank me, I gat your back
Wawu
Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by ghettochild(m): 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2023
Very perfect place.... but hope it's far from residential areas...cos of the smell from the birds waste
Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 2:43am On Dec 14, 2023
strenghtt:
What about environment ? Is the building far from residential buildings where offensive smell will not be disturbing them?

Yes, it is far from residential buildings. There is no human habitation near the place. It is still a developing site and the nearest place where a man and his family lives is like 600 meters away.

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 2:50am On Dec 14, 2023
ghettochild:
Very perfect place.... but hope it's far from residential areas...cos of the smell from the birds waste

Thanks, Sir. People have not really moved into the area yet. Maybe because the place lacks electricity at the moment. There is no one living close to the place. There is a candle factory about 300 meters away, and another property which is inhabited about 600 meters to the left. All the other lands around have been cleared, but barren of buildings, or have been purchased with no structures on them ( Bush ).
Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 5:25am On Dec 14, 2023
fidelmarshal199:

I am not looking into starting a Church, sir. I believe Nigeria needs more people who can create jobs for people and add true value to the Nigerian economy. Cheers.

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by ghettochild(m): 8:18am On Dec 14, 2023
Redman44:

Thanks, Sir. People have not really moved into the area yet. Maybe because the place lacks electricity at the moment. There is no one living close to the place. There is a candle factory about 300 meters away, and another property which is inhabited about 600 meters to the left. All the other lands around have been cleared, but barren of buildings, or have been purchased with no structures on them ( Bush ).
Go ahead n do ur business...it is well.
U shd prioritize security ooooh make dem.no com dey steal ur birds o

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by ghettochild(m): 8:19am On Dec 14, 2023
Redman44:

To cut cost.... After u give ur birds grower feed.. u need to start making ur own feed.... Buy the materials, mix em n go grind them....
That way u go save small money

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by soccerlite: 5:47pm On Dec 15, 2023
Redman44:

Are you on ground, What of security?

You can contact tanimola foundation for technical knowledge
Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 12:07am On Dec 16, 2023
soccerlite:

Are you on ground, What of security?

You can contact tanimola foundation for technical knowledge

I will be on ground when I start the poultry. I will also employ a security guard as time goes on. Thanks.

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Kehfie(f): 5:44am On Dec 16, 2023
Redman44:

I will be on ground when I start the poultry. I will also employ a security guard as time goes on. Thanks.
Grretings OP. I suggest that you search out threads of reliable and consistent poultry bird sellers and maybe email or WhatsApp them with your question. Also you could seek the opinion of persons like noeloge82, emmachile2, jidestroud, some of the succesful poultry farmers on nairaland. You could reach out to them too. Their whatsapp contacts can be found on their threads with a little digging. All the best.

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by 123papas(m): 2:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
Buy two dogs (Alsatian is fine) that can bark loud for security
Redman44:

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by obinna58(m): 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2023
It can be used but you should know that if the space is able to contain 700birds then you should do 350 birds

Ventilation is a big factor

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by 1TrippleCee: 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2023
The right species of the bird comes to play given ventilation. I highly recommend cockerels for this project. If you do cockerels, you won't have problems raising even 450 in this apartment

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 7:31pm On Dec 23, 2023
1TrippleCee:
The right species of the bird comes to play given ventilation. I highly recommend cockerels for this project. If you do cockerels, you won't have problems raising even 450 in this apartment

Yes, I am thinking of Cockerels.
Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 7:44pm On Dec 23, 2023
obinna58:
It can be used but you should know that if the space is able to contain 700birds then you should do 350 birds

Ventilation is a big factor

The place has lots of windows though. I believe Cockerels will do well in the place. Or noilers. Yes, cramming the birds is not a good idea. Finding customers to purchase the birds during non festive months is what I am thinking about now. What's your suggestion? Thanks.
Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 7:49pm On Dec 23, 2023
Kehfie:

Grretings OP. I suggest that you search out threads of reliable and consistent poultry bird sellers and maybe email or WhatsApp them with your question. Also you could seek the opinion of persons like noeloge82, emmachile2, jidestroud, some of the succesful poultry farmers on nairaland. You could reach out to them too. Their whatsapp contacts can be found on their threads with a little digging. All the best.

Thanks, I will follow your advice. Stay Blessed.

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by obinna58(m): 8:57pm On Dec 23, 2023
Redman44:

The place has lots of windows though. I believe Cockerels will do well in the place. Or noilers. Yes, cramming the birds is not a good idea. Finding customers to purchase the birds during non festive months is what I am thinking about now. What's your suggestion? Thanks.
Those windows are not close to being enough to contain full space quantity broilers, ammonia gas will give them different types of diseases
Even cockerels should be done in certain quantity, the ventilation is very poor, once it becomes stuffy added with that open zinc being hit directly by the sun, na serious wahala

About sales, no doubt you’ll struggle bcoz the middlemen and the raw materials producer/feed producer have strong hold in the business/game, they’ll dish whatever they have at their desired price and when desperation hits you na loses upon loses

Either you sell as a middle man by having your own open location displaying your chicken on daily basis or you produce your own raw materials by involving yourself in more agricultural produces to escape the ruthless competition, no body will pity you.

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2023
obinna58:

Those windows are not close to being enough to contain full space quantity broilers, ammonia gas will give them different types of diseases
Even cockerels should be done in certain quantity, the ventilation is very poor, once it becomes stuffy added with that open zinc being hit directly by the sun, na serious wahala

About sales, no doubt you’ll struggle bcoz the middlemen and the raw materials producer/feed producer have strong hold in the business/game, they’ll dish whatever they have at their desired price and when desperation hits you na loses upon loses

Either you sell as a middle man by having your own open location displaying your chicken on daily basis or you produce your own raw materials by involving yourself in more agricultural produces to escape the ruthless competition, no body will pity you.

The roofing is not Aluminium sheets. We used Nigerite Lite Life Span sheets for the roofing. The inside of the place is always cool ( on hot or sunny days ) due to the material used to make the roofing sheets. The sheets look like asbestos, but it is not asbestos. It is a new kind of material.

As per sales, I am thinking of buying day old cockerels, breed them for 6 weeks and then sell them off. And then repeat the process. Rinse and Repeat several times through the year. So I am not breeding the cockerels to full maturity. I will have to look for buyers and create a market for the birds. I have my marketing plans. Your advice is noted though. Thanks.

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by obinna58(m): 10:17pm On Dec 23, 2023
Redman44:

The roofing is not Aluminium sheets. We used Nigerite Lite Life Span sheets for the roofing. The inside of the place is always cool ( on hot or sunny days ) due to the material used to make the roofing sheets. The sheets look like asbestos, but it is not asbestos. It is a new kind of material.

As per sales, I am thinking of buying day old cockerels, breed them for 6 weeks and then sell them off. And then repeat the process. Rinse and Repeat several times through the year. So I am not breeding the cockerels to full maturity. I will have to look for buyers and create a market for the birds. I have my marketing plans. Your advice is noted though. Thanks.
It’s all about trying, there’s always a way forward

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by FarmTech(m): 10:27pm On Dec 23, 2023
The place is gud. But include fans for better ventilation. By the time manure start to pile up the present ventillation may not be enof.

And watch out for ammonia. Bad Poultry Litter Management will Cost You A Lot!

Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:37am On Dec 28, 2023
ghettochild:

To cut cost.... After u give ur birds grower feed.. u need to start making ur own feed.... Buy the materials, mix em n go grind them....
That way u go save small money
For someone without experience in feed making?
Re: Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:40am On Dec 28, 2023
obinna58:

Either you sell as a middle man by having your own open location displaying your chicken on daily basis or you [b]produce your own raw materials by involving yourself in more agricultural produces [/b]to escape the ruthless competition, no body will pity you.

My major concern is d bolded, how could one go about it as someone without knowledge

Agriculture: Harvest Booster: 100% All Natural Organic Fertilizer. / Are You An Agriprenuer? Let's Talk. / Meat Processing Under Agricultural Is The Way Forward In Nigeria