Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 (7678 Views)

FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases / FG To End ₦30 Billion Monthly Electricity Subsidy Next Year — Osinbajo / FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by Quebec91(m): 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2023
cheesy
iluvdonjazzy:
Subsidy as how? Are we importing electricity like petrol products.
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by Quebec91(m): 5:39pm On Dec 13, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy
iluvdonjazzy:
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by Quebec91(m): 5:39pm On Dec 13, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley
iluvdonjazzy:
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by Bluntemperor: 5:42pm On Dec 13, 2023
Melagros:
As typing this post no light for my house, if you believe say amen

It's a big lie,as I'm typing no light!
Tunder will fire DISCOS in Nigeria,as they are the greatest evil in Nigeria-today!
- they want Nigerians to continue with Generators buying- which Other Countries have forgotten about!
Unfortunately, President Tinubu' s Power Minister, Mr Adebayo- is thinking that the DISCOS is a Friendly entity!
We shall see in the next 2- years, what was achievements!

1 Like

Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by Angelfrost(m): 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2023
The cover up for looting in this 3rd world nation is on a whole new level.

These people are basically telling you boldly and unabashedly how much they are siphoning from the coffers of this nation, while constantly telling you that the nation is poor and bankrupt.

Irredeemable!!!

No nation on Earth can ever develop or soar amidst this shocking level of Corruption.
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by ObabiOlorunosi(m): 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy in other words,una wan remove subsidy on electricity.
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by tnerro1(m): 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2023
For This 30 minute per day light?
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by Fuckinecng(m): 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2023
Reason why we remained in darkness for so long the money 💰
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by jackie111(m): 5:59pm On Dec 13, 2023
If them Don dey complain like this, them don wan komot subsidy again be that.
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by olawura18(m): 6:00pm On Dec 13, 2023
Ok
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by Donedeal1(m): 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2023
National grid collaborative

Again.
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by Truvelisback(m): 6:16pm On Dec 13, 2023
FG subsidized power nai bill high like Igbo and Akwa-Ibom bride price? grin

1 Like

Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by nairalanda1(m): 6:24pm On Dec 13, 2023
600billion seems like a lot of money, until you realize that it would cost 1.3 trillion naira to build a 2500mW power station...for a country where Lagos alone needs 10000MW a day for 24 hour power supply.

600 billion is also meant to cover the losses that the sector sustains in keeping the price of power low....which may be in the trillions of naira.

Like one nairalander said, we don't have power because at the end of the day, we ain't ready to pay the money needed to give us 24 hours power.

Till then, let there be darkness.

P.S For anyone quoting me to abuse me or call me APC supporter, read the PwC paper on power in Nigeria...Solving the Liquidity crunch in the Nigerian power sector.

I'm no longer responding to mentions. Most of y'all are frustrated APC or PDP supporters who just want to be abusive. And I ain't playing with babies like you no more. Grow up and engage like mature people, or keep up the abuse. Abuse only shows that you are still infantile.
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by billyG(m): 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2023
Them they subsides electricity again?
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by hexenbiest: 6:32pm On Dec 13, 2023
Yet electricity bill keeps increasing. That budget should have been better invested in solar energy, to light up homes with the power of the sun like the oraimo solar power 38 does.

Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by drerocker: 6:36pm On Dec 13, 2023
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/federal-government-spends-n600bn-on-electricity-subsidy-in-2023/

So them still de pay subsidy for light
I don't understand Nigeria
Can someone definite subsidy for me
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by snowball11(m): 6:37pm On Dec 13, 2023
Whatever this devilish party cannot do, does not exist!

Idiots in power! grin
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by Elinosweet143(f): 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
Aka we should expect a skyrocket of electricity bill abii cos the subsidy is too much and they "the government" can not afford it, they need to save money just like the way they saving money from fuel subsidy. #sense
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by Opexzy: 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
This thread has one of the most hilarious comments... I laughed throughout grin grin
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by ladychioma: 7:22pm On Dec 13, 2023
Lies from the pit of hell
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by YaQsGaYa(m): 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin Una remove am on petrol come put am for electricity....these Men with Nairamathics God will burn you alive...wicked souls nothing good will come out of your government useless people !
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by rapheal5(m): 7:59pm On Dec 13, 2023
This mata tie wrapper with strong gele
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by deepmindz: 8:06pm On Dec 13, 2023
Lozzz yet no steady light and over payments
Now everything has subsidy. What are they using the money removed for?
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by RawSex(m): 9:43pm On Dec 13, 2023
nairalanda1:
600billion seems like a lot of money, until you realize that it would cost 1.3 trillion naira to build a 2500mW power station...for a country where Lagos alone needs 10000MW a day for 24 hour power supply.

600 billion is also meant to cover the losses that the sector sustains in keeping the price of power low....which may be in the trillions of naira.

Like one nairalander said, we don't have power because at the end of the day, we ain't ready to pay the money needed to give us 24 hours power.

Till then, let there be darkness.

P.S For anyone quoting me to abuse me or call me APC supporter, read the PwC paper on power in Nigeria...Solving the Liquidity crunch in the Nigerian power sector.

I'm no longer responding to mentions. Most of y'all are frustrated APC or PDP supporters who just want to be abusive. And I ain't playing with babies like you no more. Grow up and engage like mature people, or keep up the abuse. Abuse only shows that you are still infantile.
Nonsense! Nonsense!

What about some other poor west African countries that are having constant electricity at least in their cities. Is Nigeria now the poorest country on Earth that we can't have stable electricity at least in our major cities. Imagine major cities like Lagos and Abuja still struggling with electricity in 2023?

Even India with a billion population with many poor people are now having stable electricity in their cities and most rural areas are being electrified and having stable electricity. Yet guys like you think every Nigeria need to be a millionaire before we can have electricity.

How do u guys even think and defend this bad Government? Like how? Since 1960 !

1 Like

Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by caye(m): 2:25am On Dec 14, 2023
Trust me, ECONOMICS...especially IMF/ World Slavery Bank Economics taught to Afrikans...is the devil's tool in making and ensuring that Afrikan nations remain in poverty forever.

But The Most High God is greater than man or his devices.
He will remove those iron chains and set us free.

N.B:- to have sold the " discos and gencos" ( I don't know whether they even sold reggae o!) to private investors , and " liberalised" the power sector ( the pink supremacists term used to tell Afrikans to open their economy for massive rape by foreign cultures); and innocent Nigerians have been paying the liberalised fees, yet they still tell us that govt. is still subsidising this sector....these devil worshippers are truly evil.
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by caye(m): 2:35am On Dec 14, 2023
Blue3k:

Lol they do this because they won't let the companies charge market rate for electricity. They did the same with petrol until the resulting in shortages and high subsidies till they couldn't sustain it. It looks like they will have to learn the lesson in this market.

Mr. Economist, kindly tell us the meaning of " market Rate" and what is the present market rate?

As usual, I know that the market you're talking about is your western European slave masters electricity and power generation market system.

To you, they are the almighty.
But you and your masters will be swept away sooner than you think, by the unknown factor soon.

Keep advocating for More enslavement of innocent Nigerians o.
You hear? You will fail
Re: FG Spends ₦‎600Billion On Electricity Subsidy In 2023 by maryscotland: 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2023
You subsidize darkness, LoL 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂, chai nothing wey I no-go see

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Yoruba And Igbo Became Different Languages / Malami And His Unwavering Anti Corruption Stance / Don't Tell Me This Is True (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.