Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean (3663 Views)

Fg Approves The Dredging Of Orashi River To Atlantic Ocean / The Igbos Are Not Landlocked / It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by VoiceOfTheSun(m): 7:45am On Dec 14, 2023
Since the Biafran War of survival, Ndi ÌGBÒ has been hit with a barrage of lies concerning the access of ÌGBÒ land to the ocean. In a condescending but rather popular phrase, our detractor says: “The South East Is Landlock.” 

But is ÌGBÒland landlocked like this generation has been made to believe and sometimes profess? The answer is NO. And in this article, we will sufficiently restate all the lies and propaganda.

What Is A Landlocked Country/Region?

To start with, we must first define what a landlocked country is. 

A country is considered landlocked when one or more countries surround it and therefore has no immediate coastline providing access to the oceans. This simply put, means that a landlocked country is a country without access to sea/ocean; a country that is inside another country or countries.

That been established, I will go ahead to mention and discuss the major ancient ÌGBÒ regions and peoples, showcasing the reach of the ÌGBÒ race, irrespective of the new tyrannical geographic displacement of ÌGBÒ lands, by the Nigerian government. This will help us grasp the vastness of the ÌGBÒ landscape, without viewing ani ÌGBÒ in the light of the recently created 5 South-Eastern states.

The ÌGBÒ People And The Areas They Dominate:

Ndi ÌGBÒ can be divided into five geographically based subcultures. We have the northern ÌGBÒ, southern ÌGBÒ, western ÌGBÒ, eastern ÌGBÒ, and northeastern ÌGBÒ. Each of these five can be further divided into subgroups based on specific locations and names. The northern or Onitsha ÌGBÒ are divided into the Nri-Awka of Onitsha and Awka; the Enugu of Nsukka, Udì, Awgu, and Okigwe; and those of the Onitsha town.

The southern or Owerri Igbo are divided into the Isu-Ama of Okigwe, Orlu, and Owerri; the Oratta-Ikwerri of Owerri and Ahoada; the Ohuhu-Ngwa of Aba and Bende; and the Isu-Item of Bende and Okigwe. The western Igbo (Ndi Anioma, as they like to call themselves) are divided into the northern Ika of Ogwashi Ukwu and Agbor; the southern Ika or Kwale of Kwale; and the Riverain of Ogwashi Uku, Onitsha, Owerri, and Ahoada. The eastern or Cross River ÌGBÒ are divided into the Ada (or Edda) of Afikpo, the Abam-Ohaffia of Bende and Okigwe, and the Aro of Aro. The northeastern ÌGBÒ includes the Ogu Uku of Abakaliki and Afikpo.

It’s important to note that Ndi ÌGBÒ are located on both sides of the River Niger and occupies most of Old-Eastern Nigeria. Ani ÌGBÒ measures over 41,000 square kilometers and includes the old provinces of Onicha, Owerri, East Rivers, Southeast Benin, Western Ogoja, and Northeast Warri.

Now that we have enunciated the far reaches of ani ÌGBÒ, let us get into geography to further provide proof that ani ÌGBÒ is not landlocked.

Continue reading the article on our website HERE, to see all the pieces of evidence that prove that Igbo land is not landlocked.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by 1TrippleCee: 7:48am On Dec 14, 2023
Kwale/Agbor/Ogwashi is not igbo. Stop taking weed

28 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by atiku4President(m): 7:48am On Dec 14, 2023
The truth

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by 10mobile: 7:50am On Dec 14, 2023
grin
1TrippleCee:
You have said this based on the trick the Nigerian government played on you. The word 'anioma' translates as 'good land' from Igbo to English.

Meanwhile, OP, what do you gain by proving that Igboland is not landlocked? Look at Africa today, the most thriving nation (Rwanda) is landlocked. Nigeria is not landlocked but is it doing better than landlocked European countries like Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg, Hungary, and Liechtenstein?

Great people are known by the obstacles they conquered while failures are known by the opportunities they wasted. Nigeria is wasting opportunities like crude oil, coastline, etc but countries without those things in Europe are doing far better.
dominic17:
Yorubas miscreants will soon come and wait on this thread
Oga, stop this low-quality behavior. There are many great Yorubas that you insult when you use that word in this dirty way.

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by dominic17: 7:55am On Dec 14, 2023
Yorubas miscreants will soon come and wait on this thread

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by FreeStuffsNG: 7:56am On Dec 14, 2023
atiku4President:
The truth
Please show us here on the Nigerian map. Emotion cannot trump reality in things like this o so please stop disgracing yourself and the Igbo tribe

32 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by 1TrippleCee: 8:11am On Dec 14, 2023
10mobile:
grin

You have said this based on the trick the Nigerian government played on you. The word 'anioma' translates as 'good land' from Igbo to English.

Meanwhile, OP, what do you gain by proving that Igboland is not landlocked? Look at Africa today, the most thriving nation (Rwanda) is landlocked. Nigeria is not landlocked but is it doing better than landlocked European countries like Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg, Hungary, and Liechtenstein?

Great people are known by the obstacles they conquered while failures are known by the opportunities they wasted. Nigeria is wasting opportunities like crude oil, coastline, etc but countries without those things in Europe are doing far better.

Oga, stop this low-quality behavior. There are many great Yorubas that you insult when you use that word in this dirty way.

Whatever, Anioma, Agbor, Kwale, Ogwashi isn't igbo land

Good Day

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by 10mobile: 8:11am On Dec 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Please show us here on the Nigerian map. Emotion cannot trump reality in things like this o so please stop disgracing yourself and the Igbo tribe
This just showed how poor your mindset is. You're thinking in terms of a map drawn with human hands instead of the one drawn by God.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by 10mobile: 8:14am On Dec 14, 2023
1TrippleCee:

Good Day
I gave you just one point to prove that Anioma is Igbo but you couldn't respond to it. Instead you are still shamelessly holding on to your ignorance. You are incurable.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by gidgiddy: 8:21am On Dec 14, 2023
Nigeria with all its coastline didnt achieve anything with it except become dumping ground for importers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by 1TrippleCee: 8:23am On Dec 14, 2023
10mobile:

I gave you just one point to prove that Anioma is Igbo but you couldn't respond to it. Instead you are still shamelessly holding on to your ignorance. You are incurable.

Typical igbo. Hold on to your perspectives. It is not needed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by FreeStuffsNG: 8:24am On Dec 14, 2023
10mobile:

This just showed how poor your mindset is. You're thinking in terms of a map drawn with human hands instead of the one drawn by God.
Insolent and uncouth as usual. Smh

God is not a deceiver and doesn't reward covetousness. Being landlocked is not a curse. Lesotho is landlocked and they are not dead. Ibi ori dani si langbe. Only God determines where you hail from.

That you come from a landlocked region doesn't mean God hates you. God hates and detests a lying tongue.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by Northernblood7(m): 8:28am On Dec 14, 2023
1TrippleCee:

I kept on believing this till I came to Ughelli where we have alot of Igbos from Delta. They can kill you if you tell them that they are not Igbos

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by 1TrippleCee: 8:30am On Dec 14, 2023
Northernblood7:

I kept on believing this till I came to Ughelli where we have alot of Igbos from Delta. They can kill you if you tell them that they are not Igbos

Confused ones. What's the big deal with the igbo tag ?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by CandidAdmin(m): 8:35am On Dec 14, 2023
What is with all the seaport crap gan sef?

Other countries that are landlocked are still progressing.

South Eastern Nigerians need to start focusing on other things.

Brenbentondiaz:

Ibos are mainly petty traders and importers(majorly fake products, drugs etc). So you should understand their being fixated on seaports.

SE- fake things.
SW Skull mining
SS- Cultist
North- Terrorism

Every region with it's crime. So what's your point?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by 10mobile: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Insolent and uncouth as usual. Smh

God is not a deceiver and doesn't reward covetousness. Being landlocked is not a curse. Lesotho is landlocked and they are not dead. Ibi ori dani si langbe. Only God determines where you hail from.

That you come from a landlocked region doesn't mean God hates you. God hates and detests a lying tongue.
You quoted me and started calling me names. For calling me uncouth, you too are uncouth. Then you started telling me that being landlocked doesn't mean I'm cursed as if I told you I'm cursed in the statement you quoted.

And what do you even mean when you said that God does not reward covetousness? There are so many junks in your mind. You're the most funny person on this forum.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by FreeStuffsNG: 8:43am On Dec 14, 2023
10mobile:

You quoted me and started calling me names. For calling me uncouth, you too are uncouth. Then you started telling me that being landlocked doesn't mean I'm cursed as if I told you I'm cursed in the statement you quoted. You're the most funny person on this forum.
I had to read your message again and I think you should read it again too. It's actually uncouth.

I never called you names,I just called your attention to what you typed. You could still have expressed your opinion without being uncouth.
I am sorry to offend you too. Sincerely I am. Please forgive me.
Do have a great day sir.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:45am On Dec 14, 2023
VoiceOfTheSun:
Since the Biafran War of survival, Ndi ÌGBÒ has been hit with a barrage of lies concerning the access of ÌGBÒ land to the ocean. In a condescending but rather popular phrase, our detractor says: “The South East Is Landlock.” 

But is ÌGBÒland landlocked like this generation has been made to believe and sometimes profess? The answer is NO. And in this article, we will sufficiently restate all the lies and propaganda.

A country is considered landlocked when one or more countries surround it and therefore has no immediate coastline providing access to the oceans. This simply put, means that a landlocked country is a country without access to sea/ocean; a country that is inside another country or countries.

That been established, I will go ahead to mention and discuss the major ancient ÌGBÒ regions and peoples, showcasing the reach of the ÌGBÒ race, irrespective of the new tyrannical geographic displacement of ÌGBÒ lands, by the Nigerian government. This will help us grasp the vastness of the ÌGBÒ landscape, without viewing ani ÌGBÒ in the light of the recently created 5 South-Eastern states.

Ndi ÌGBÒ can be divided into five geographically based subcultures. We have the northern ÌGBÒ, southern ÌGBÒ, western ÌGBÒ, eastern ÌGBÒ, and northeastern ÌGBÒ. Each of these five can be further divided into subgroups based on specific locations and names. The northern or Onitsha ÌGBÒ are divided into the Nri-Awka of Onitsha and Awka; the Enugu of Nsukka, Udì, Awgu, and Okigwe; and those of the Onitsha town.

The southern or Owerri Igbo are divided into the Isu-Ama of Okigwe, Orlu, and Owerri; the Oratta-Ikwerri of Owerri and Ahoada; the Ohuhu-Ngwa of Aba and Bende; and the Isu-Item of Bende and Okigwe. The western Igbo (Ndi Anioma, as they like to call themselves) are divided into the northern Ika of Ogwashi Ukwu and Agbor; the southern Ika or Kwale of Kwale; and the Riverain of Ogwashi Uku, Onitsha, Owerri, and Ahoada. The eastern or Cross River ÌGBÒ are divided into the Ada (or Edda) of Afikpo, the Abam-Ohaffia of Bende and Okigwe, and the Aro of Aro. The northeastern ÌGBÒ includes the Ogu Uku of Abakaliki and Afikpo.

It’s important to note that Ndi ÌGBÒ are located on both sides of the River Niger and occupies most of Old-Eastern Nigeria. Ani ÌGBÒ measures over 41,000 square kilometers and includes the old provinces of Onicha, Owerri, East Rivers, Southeast Benin, Western Ogoja, and Northeast Warri.

Now that we have enunciated the far reaches of ani ÌGBÒ, let us get into geography to further provide proof that ani ÌGBÒ is not landlocked.

Continue reading the article on our website HERE, to see all the pieces of evidence that prove that Igbo land is not landlocked.

Lol ! Op,you go explain tire o.........no evidence !

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by Cantonese: 8:57am On Dec 14, 2023
1TrippleCee:

Good Day

Don’t talk about what you know nothing about please.

Get home and ask your grandpa where the name Ogwashi was coined from. Ask your grandpa to tell you where Adaigbo migrated from. Ask you grandpa to interprete Ogwa and the Nshi that make up Ogwashi to you. Ask you grandpa to tell you how Ikelike in Ogwashi came about.

When you hear the history, never wrongly claim that Ogwashi uku, Ubulu uku, Igbuzo, etc are not Igbos. By the way ask you grandpa why Ogwashi has Umu Onicha as part of the villages that make it up.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by Ikaeniyan0: 8:58am On Dec 14, 2023
10mobile:

There's no ethnic group called anioma in Nigeria

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by Cantonese: 8:58am On Dec 14, 2023
VoiceOfTheSun:

Thanks for this clarification bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by Ikaeniyan0: 9:01am On Dec 14, 2023
Cantonese:

Get home and ask your grandpa where the name Ogwashi was coined from. Ask your grandpa to tell you where Adaigbo migrated from. Ask you grandpa to interprete Ogwa and the Nshi that make up Ogwashi to you. Ask you grandpa to tell you how Ikelike in Ogwashi came about.

When you hear the history, never wrongly claim that Ogwashi uku, Ubulu uku, Igbuzo, etc are not Igbos. By the way ask you grandpa why Ogwashi has Umu Onicha as part of the villages that make it up.
This is the most funny thing about you people grin

If we are to make a research now, you're likely an ngwa man from Abia state or osu from Imo state.

Ogwashi, Agbor and Kwale is not Igbo land.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by Ikaeniyan0: 9:01am On Dec 14, 2023
VoiceOfTheSun:

Igbo land is landlock.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by Mbanda(m): 9:03am On Dec 14, 2023
1TrippleCee:
But Kanduna Nzeogwu led coup was tagged Igbo coup, why?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by 1TrippleCee: 9:07am On Dec 14, 2023
Cantonese:

Igbo land ends at Onistha

Have a productive day

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by tsdarkside(m): 9:10am On Dec 14, 2023
those are rivers....and the rivers are in other states in the south south....

even if you manage to get an agreement with the states to dredge the rivers,it will still cost alot....

i dont think its worth it....go find out how much suez canal cost to dredge back then....

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by Antivirus92(m): 9:16am On Dec 14, 2023
1TrippleCee:
even if kwale and agbor are not considered Igbo, ogwashi ikwu is definitely igbo
Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by 1TrippleCee: 9:17am On Dec 14, 2023
Antivirus92:
even if kwale and agbor are not considered Igbo, ogwashi ikwu is definitely igbo

Igbo land terminates at Onitsha

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by tsdarkside(m): 9:18am On Dec 14, 2023
Antivirus92:

why is it soo important for you igbos to have a seaport....??

and even sef south south states agree,who is going to finance it....??

why not use onne port to maximum....??

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by Brenbentondiaz: 9:19am On Dec 14, 2023
CandidAdmin:
What is with all the seaport crap gan sef?

Other countries that are landlocked are still progressing.

South Eastern Nigerians need to start focusing on other things.

Ibos are mainly petty traders and importers (majorly fake products, drugs etc). So, you should understand their being fixated on seaports.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by tsdarkside(m): 9:20am On Dec 14, 2023
Brenbentondiaz:

Ibos are mainly petty traders and importers (majorly fake products, drugs etc). So, you should understand their being fixated on seaports.

they are very hard to understand even if you try.... undecided undecided

you go build them seaport and they will still not use it.... undecided undecided
they are like a child that will cry your head full day and night for a toy....after you finaly buy it,after a while they will dump it in a corner and want something else....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked – We Have The Shortest Access To The Atlantic Ocean by Antivirus92(m): 9:23am On Dec 14, 2023
1TrippleCee:

Can you now go to sleep?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees / FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers / PDP Wins Buruku Federal Constituency Seat In Benue, As APC Wins Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.