Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me (22841 Views)

See These And Decide If You Still Want To Have Plenty Kids / How Do I Apologize To My Wife? / How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by BRATISLAVA: 5:45pm On Dec 15, 2023
Plus4you:
Few days ago my wife was angried and utterred some statements that I do not like.
The statement was that she relating an issue by using my mum
The statement was "had it been it was your mum that did that you would have find means to repay her'.
I find it offensive for uttering such a statement, I was offended immediately but I kept my calm because we are already prepared to go out.

So when we came back I informed her that I am annoyed with what she said.

Her reply was that she did nothing wrong with such a statement because she didn't insult or belittle my mum.

I told I'm not but she decided not to apologize for that.

After two days our communication has not been normal and it only greetings.

So the next day I called and discussed it with her but still stands that she isn't wrong.

We have not been in good terms since then,

Please isn't she supposed to apologise despite that I told her I don't like the statement?

You don't like the statement.

But was the statement a lie?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by hansomb: 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2023
4ward4:
Don’t make apologizing a common affair in marriage , rebuke her and move on like nothing happened. Making apology mandatory is setting your marriage on an official level, which isn’t health for a marriage as you know you can’t err without apologizing .
Married here and only on serious offenses are sorry used in my house, the rest like what your wife said is rebuked and we are good like nothing happened.
from another angle. But some women don't understand diplomacy. This case has passed diplomacy levels, it needs to be solved militarily if apologies is not forth coming. There's a power play here. And if apologies is not issued, the husband and Mum have lost this battle and may lose the war

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by BloomingDale(f): 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

As long as I'm concerned. I feel like my relatives need to stay off my wife's mouth. They are not play things for wordplay.

She can possibly bring about her points without comparisons with my relatives.
It's even wrong for a wife to put herself on the same level with my mom. That's disrespectful.

My wife is my wife for as long as she wants to be my wife but my ma is my ma forever.No one compares sleep to death.

You should have married your mom or your relatives.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Ijaya123: 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2023
Mhizzard:

then is it the silent that develop between them would be the solution.

The silent treatment is simply because sitting her down and talking to her has not worked.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by hansomb: 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Marry a second wife!

Men with one wives don't live long!

Polygamy creates competition and brings out the best in women.

If you were a polygamist, you would have been spending quality time with the second and third wife, and she would have known her place.

I didn't say you should have a side-chick. I mean marry
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Fountainofyouth(f): 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

I'm talking about my wife, not your wife.
Your wife can say whatever she likes to you, or your relatives. That's your cup of tea and it has nothing to do with me.
What I know is, ain't no wife of mine gon' speak to my relative disrespectfully. That's not my world.

You have a serious problem with understanding

How can you not see that why she mentioned your mum is because, if she was the one you owed, you would have repaid her by now, but because it is your wife, you prefer to behave anyhow and not pay, very simple something that has no insult, yet you're making a mountain out of it, go and check yourself, you are the problem, not her

The kind of adult males springing up lately ehn, God help the next generation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Fountainofyouth(f): 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2023
madridguy:
My heart aches reading stories like this and I begin to ask myself who exactly is raising weak men like this?

Nigeria men are fast lossing their right as an Africa man and very soon, our women will be chasing men out of their house just like the whites.

Amen to that

🙏🏽

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Willie2015: 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2023
coputa:
As a man of the house what do you want to do with apologies, maybe she has apologized through her actions but you kept a blind eye.

Please it's not every single action of a woman that you will take seriously or else you will crumble your home.

As a man in the house,there are a lot of things you have to tolerate.

Be careful.

Abeg tell that guy...

It takes patience to live with a woman...

Got to ignore some things... grin
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by REGINALD001(m): 6:02pm On Dec 15, 2023
Plus4you:
Few days ago my wife was angried and utterred some statements that I do not like.
The statement was "had it been it was your mum that did that you would have find means to repay her'.
I find it offensive for uttering such a statement, I was offended immediately but I kept my calm because we are already prepared to go out.

Her reply was that she did nothing wrong with such a statement because she didn't insult or belittle my mum.

So the next day I called and discussed it with her but still stands that she isn't wrong.

Please isn't she supposed to apologise despite that I told her I don't like the statement?

IS SHE THE ONE PAYING THE BILLS?
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by hansomb: 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2023
santaclaws:

Everything depends on the context, that's my point. Definitely if the situation warrants mentioning her dad to drive a point, it doesn't make it an insult.

Had it been that she insulted the mother or called her names, I would totally understand, even if he chose to send her packing.

The OP couldn't mention any insult, just that he didn't like the fact that she mentioned his mum. Is that enough reason to start keeping malice with your wife? That's very childish!
nipping the bud b4 it grows is very necessary
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Mhizzard(m): 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2023
Ijaya123:

The silent treatment is simply because sitting her down and talking to her has not worked.
after all he is the head of the family,he knows how to talk to her that would make her adhere to he says.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Obviouslyblunt: 6:34pm On Dec 15, 2023
ogawisdom:

You are quite a sensitive man sha because this issue is a very light one to me. She is only saying that you love your mum more so no offense there BC it's normally true & she is probably jealous.

Why should she apologize for stating her observation?
if it stands and she doesn’t apologize for this, she will not apologize for more.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2023
Beremx:
From what her grievance in her statement is that you can't repay her but you can repay your mother.

Oga, you're the one to apologize

This is why you ladies sometimes use your own hands to initiate, propagate and terminate your relationship without actually having to know that you are doing so.

What comparison has she to do with the mum? The man will never compare himself to her father why will it always be the ladies to do that? Ask yourself that question even if you don't see anything wrong with what your colleague grin is doing.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by jelel6: 6:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
4ward4:
Don’t make apologizing a common affair in marriage , rebuke her and move on like nothing happened. Making apology mandatory is setting your marriage on an official level, which isn’t health for a marriage as you know you can’t err without apologizing .
Married here and only on serious offenses are sorry used in my house, the rest like what your wife said is rebuked and we are good like nothing happened.

Not married but that's just it grin. Expecting apologies is like giving ultimatums. We all know ultimatums backfire the closer the relationship is between persons.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by FRANCISTOWN: 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

You have a serious problem with understanding

How can you not see that why she mentioned your mum is because, if she was the one you owed, you would have repaid her by now, but because it is your wife, you prefer to behave anyhow and not pay, very simple something that has no insult, yet you're making a mountain out of it, go and check yourself, you are the problem, not her

The kind of adult males springing up lately ehn, God help the next generation.

If anyone's got a problem with comprehension, I guess you should look inwardly.

I don't know whether you understand the Yoruba language, but the same statement translated to yoruba would be "T'oba jẹ́'yẹ́ẹ́...". In the Yoruba land. You don't even say to someone "iyẹ".

The fact that the wife brought up his mom simply means she stylishly resents the mom. She feels like the mother is getting a preferential treatment which of course she should.

Any wise woman should not put herself on the same level with her husband's mother. That's psychological illiteracy.

Also, the woman is one arrogant woman. She could have just apologized since she started the fire. But do you know why she wouldn't apologize? She already feels she's on the same level with her husband since she was lending out money to him.
The kinds of adult females we have springing up lately ehn. Marriage will soon lose popularity

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by achimendy(m): 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2023
Plus4you:

The statement might not sit well with you, but the truth is that she didn't insult you, and she's also trying to pass a message.

Sometimes we men don't like when our wife's call out our mum for something, even me too I don't like o. But just use wisdom and keep on doing your thing.

But pls if your wife is trying for you try to show appreciation and give them something.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by mercy87(f): 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2023
No wonder their marriages break up in developed countries when they travel out because what is this? A woman can't express herself freely in the 21st century. Just freedom of expression..no insult o...is a taboo

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2023
mercy87:
No wonder their marriages break up in developed countries when they travel out because what is this?A woman can't express herself freely in the 21st century. Just freedom of expression..no insult o...is a taboo
Just imagine.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by achimendy(m): 7:03pm On Dec 15, 2023
LooneyLester:
You're a woman in a man's body

I know simps like you

Imagine a woman challenging you and flaunting your orders

Very soon she'll slap you and you'll be watching her do that

If your wife doesn't agree with you , it's up to you to discipline her and teach her a lesson that she won't forget

After that resort to hot fork

Don't apologize

She should be the one doing that after forking on her knees

If you are odogwu , she'll be submitting her salary to you

Bros be calming down.

E never reach like that.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by FRANCISTOWN: 7:04pm On Dec 15, 2023
BloomingDale:

You should have married your mom or your relatives.
Y'all should stay single since y'all gon start unreasonable competition with your mother in-law. Someone who has been there since day one. That's the reason most of yah be praying for the death of your mother in-law forgetting that you will one day have sons.

Owu go soon check many of you.
I pity the men that'll end up with your kinds. Would it not be better to remain single?
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by FRANCISTOWN: 7:06pm On Dec 15, 2023
nnenwa5:

Also make sure you don't speak disrespectful to her relatives too. Because some men can't give what they demand.
Of course, I'm a modest man. My wife's relative isn't my cup of tea
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by 4ward4: 7:14pm On Dec 15, 2023
jelel6:

Not married but that's just it grin. Expecting apologies is like giving ultimatums. We all know ultimatums backfire the closer the relationship is between persons.

Yea, hate such shit when it comes to friendship or relationship...You always watching what you do and say around Mr/Mrs Take that word back /apologize

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by BloomingDale(f): 7:15pm On Dec 15, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Y'all should stay single since y'all gon start unreasonable competition with your mother in-law. Someone who has been there since day one. That's the reason most of yah be praying for the death of your mother in-law forgetting that you will one day have sons.

Owu go soon check many of you.
I pity the men that'll end up with your kinds. Would it not be better to remain single?

You think I want to get married to conquered men? You must be joking.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by tete7000(m): 7:15pm On Dec 15, 2023
A305:
I don't know or care if she is wrong or not wrong with her utterances in regards to your mom but one thing is certain:

If you do not force that apology out of her one way or another (violence not inclusive)— your marriage will never remain the same in terms of power dynamics and who truly is the authority figure in that house.

This is a crucial test for you. Play your masculine cards well. Failure to do so. You will continue to seek her apology or worst case scenario, you will always be the one to apologize for whatever reason.

Na competition?
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by countryman13: 7:15pm On Dec 15, 2023
Plus4you:

Your wife's not disciplined otherwise she wouldn't have said that. Nevertheless, she ought to have apologized knowing fully well that her utterances doesn't go well with you. Finally, hold your peace and i pray that d Almighty God give you the wisdom and strength to get over it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by FRANCISTOWN: 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2023
yemmit90:

1. You take life too serious, which one be she must apologise.

2. Just warn her not to say that again and move on. My wife don't even know the relationship between me and my family because I hardly discuss anything about them with her. She don't know if I give anyone something or not, so stop discussing your family issue with your wife to avoid a situation like this.
Yes! I take life too seriously.
For how long do you think you can take life as a joke?
The side of life that I've seen got me really on my toes.

@2. That's a very good one. Your wife shouldn't know stuff about your relative, to avoid see finish

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Salamiazeez(m): 7:29pm On Dec 15, 2023
Some of them find it very difficult to say SORRY,I still don’t know why.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by UjuJoan2: 7:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

As long as I'm concerned. I feel like my relatives need to stay off my wife's mouth. They are not play things for wordplay.

She can possibly bring about her points without comparisons with my relatives.
It's even wrong for a wife to put herself on the same level with my mom. That's disrespectful.

My wife is my wife for as long as she wants to be my wife but my ma is my ma forever.No one compares sleep to death.

I see nothing wrong in what she said, especially if she’s right. All this grandstanding is unnecessary. She is your wife, not your slave.

If I were her I will apologize, but I will stand by what i said. Men don’t like to hear the truth, but they must. The same way you have a Mum, she also has one too. Your mum is not a GOD!

PS I am both a wife and a mother, so before you come for me know that I have a husband, I have children and I have a mother. So I can completely relate to this situation!

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by FRANCISTOWN: 7:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
ogawisdom:

1. Lol Boss man grin grin grin

2. It's well but if you already know what to do what is the point in bringing the matter to a public forum since you cant tolerate a different perspective.

3. It seems you are newly married certainly below 1 year and the initial gra gra must happen before you calm down to reality.

4. The less empowered esp financially the more likely she may give you 100% submission to your wishes.

5. Money is power, is she 100% dependent on you? He who pays the Piper .............
1. Senior man

2. For the records. I'm not the OP.
I've never brought my affairs to any social
space seeking for advice. No No Not at all. I've got to use my brain.
I don't seek advice from people face to face so that at the end of the day, I won't regret following someone's advice if things got spoilt.
That's why I got brains. Most of the times I don't even try to fix my problems. I just let them be.

3. I'm not newly married.

@4&5 Truly money is power, but I've seen really rich men who still can't earn respect from their dependent wives. And I've really seen broke men who still command respect off their rich wives.
It all depends on who you are. Many men don't respect themselves. No wonder they are easily disrespected.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by jelel6: 7:33pm On Dec 15, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

If anyone's got a problem with comprehension, I guess you should look inwardly.

I don't know whether you understand the Yoruba language, but the same statement translated to yoruba would be "T'oba jẹ́'yẹ́ẹ́...". In the Yoruba land. You don't even say to someone "iyẹ".

The fact that the wife brought up his mom simply means she stylishly resents the mom. She feels like the mother is getting a preferential treatment which of course she should.

Any wise woman should not put herself on the same level with her husband's mother. That's psychological illiteracy.

Also, the woman is one arrogant woman. She could have just apologized since she started the fire. But do you know why she wouldn't apologize? She already feels she's on the same level with her husband since she was lending out money to him.
The kinds of adult females we have springing up lately ehn. Marriage will soon lose popularity

We can all complain about manner of approaches or our expectations for a certain level of understanding and patience from our wives and husbands, but the fact is we must be reasonable with our expectations and fulfill our own part.

If the OP (husband) is actually owing his wife money and yet to pay, it's obvious that the reason the wife made that statement was because she clearly feels the OP is not showing her enough reasons that he's trying or willing to payback. Paying her back should be his priority now (or reiterate that he's doing his best to pay back) and then be angry enough not to borrow from her again if he feels so offended by this particular statement.

Expecting someone else to act reasonably when you yourself have not acted in a dignified manner is folly and lottery at best: you get what you see and not necessarily what you bargained for

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2023
jelel6:
■ Not married but that's just it grin. Expecting apologies is like giving ultimatums. We all know ultimatums backfire the closer the relationship is between persons.
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ten Steps To Better Self-esteem / Building Collapses On 3 Children In Kaduna As Father Loses Them. Photos / As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.