Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,506 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me (22892 Views)

See These And Decide If You Still Want To Have Plenty Kids / How Do I Apologize To My Wife? / How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by FRANCISTOWN: 7:21am On Dec 16, 2023
jelel6:

The dynamics between a boss and an employee is completely different from that which (should) exist in a personal relationship between a husband and wife in a home.
School me brother.

jelel6:
if you want to excuse a man's unreasonable behaviour because it's akin to a boss in a professional setting, I guess you wouldn't expect the wife to still love, respect and trust an unreasonable fella. Because I've never heard of an employee who liked and wished well an insultive boss or superior.
So far so good. The OP hasn't said anywhere in his account that he insulted his wife. He simply borrowed some money from his wife(somethin I'd rather I die than doing) which he is in a bit of rack to pay back.

The wife being so unreasonable decided it was time to get her money not considering whether the husband got it or not.

In my own case.If anyone was being unreasonable then it should be the wife.

For the records. Women don't love and trust their husbands. Women are only with men for their own sake and not for their husbands sake.

I prefer to be feared than to be loved/trusted/respected

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Chinny024(f): 8:57am On Dec 16, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

As long as I'm concerned. I feel like my relatives need to stay off my wife's mouth. They are not play things for wordplay.

She can possibly bring about her points without comparisons with my relatives.
It's even wrong for a wife to put herself on the same level with my mom. That's disrespectful.

My wife is my wife for as long as she wants to be my wife but my ma is my ma forever.No one compares sleep to death.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣...I laugh in my dialect..

Change this narrative pls...
Ur wife is ur wife forever too..Abi u wan divorce her or married her with intention of we might get divorced tomorrow?..
Is it not meant to be forever journey too?..asking politely.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by frozen70(f): 9:19am On Dec 16, 2023
Plus4you:
Few days ago my wife was angried and utterred some statements that I do not like.
The statement was that she relating an issue by using my mum
The statement was "had it been it was your mum that did that you would have find means to repay her'.
I find it offensive for uttering such a statement, I was offended immediately but I kept my calm because we are already prepared to go out.

So when we came back I informed her that I am annoyed with what she said.

Her reply was that she did nothing wrong with such a statement because she didn't insult or belittle my mum.

I told I'm not but she decided not to apologize for that.

After two days our communication has not been normal and it only greetings.

So the next day I called and discussed it with her but still stands that she isn't wrong.

We have not been in good terms since then,

Please isn't she supposed to apologise despite that I told her I don't like the statement?

You guys already have issues that just trigger other incoming issues

If she doesn't want to apologize, tell her to her face that you don't want her to insult your mum, directly or indirectly

Then when next you offend her and she demands for apology, remind her that she is owing you an apology
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Starships4u(m): 10:15am On Dec 16, 2023
Plus4you:
Few days ago my wife was angried and utterred some statements that I do not like.
The statement was "had it been it was your mum that did that you would have find means to repay her'.
I find it offensive for uttering such a statement, I was offended immediately but I kept my calm because we are already prepared to go out.

Her reply was that she did nothing wrong with such a statement because she didn't insult or belittle my mum.

So the next day I called and discussed it with her but still stands that she isn't wrong.

Please isn't she supposed to apologise despite that I told her I don't like the statement?

Oga yhur wife didn't say anything bad.
She only asked yhu a question that deserves an answer it response...

Yhu people shouldn't be carrying hard minds be soft to yhur partners...
Haba!
See yhu carrying this question like a log of hard wood....

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by xtheunknown(m): 10:20am On Dec 16, 2023
What's the update. Has she apologized?
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by IAmHim1: 10:30am On Dec 16, 2023
yes sir, Mr Corleone

thats why its advisable to approach women who are attracted to you First

the lady youre with has to chose you
she has to like you first then give you greenlight to approach her

most of you see a girl you like then approach her. WRONG

thats why girls have besties and boyfriends:
the one she likes sexually and choosed VS the one that choosed her

its guite simple. wait for the greenlight!! save yourself the headaches and complains!!
FRANCISTOWN:

School me brother.

So far so good. The OP hasn't said anywhere in his account that he insulted his wife. He simply borrowed some money from his wife(somethin I'd rather I die than doing) which he is in a bit of rack to pay back.

The wife being so unreasonable decided it was time to get her money not considering whether the husband got it or not.

For the records. Women don't love and trust their husbands. Women are only with men for their own sake and not for their husbands sake.

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by mariahAngel(f): 11:53am On Dec 16, 2023
Munzy14:

The wife is protesting, and her protest is masked with resentment.

Just like when a man asked something from his wife, she come act, then if hubby makes a statement like " Had it been I am your Dad asking for this, will you say no".

Thats resentment and totally uncalled for.

She has poured cold water in whatever that is fanning their union flame, without feeling remorse. TIME WILL TELL.

Soon hubby will start seeing her as another man(competition), then church agbasaa.. cheesy grin grin

They should sort themselves out.
Nobody should stress me with their issues this Christmas season. grin
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by wrongnumber: 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2023
Plus4you:

This is a clear sign of narcissism.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by returncole: 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Apologize for voicing an insult-free opinion that may even contain elements of the truth? Are women not allowed to voice their opinions in what is their marriage as well? undecided

Shut up! Get out! Get the Bleep out! Most of the times we pick stories headlong without reading with inference. 99% of the time, men voice out mostly after several catalogue of similar occurrence. What that woman said is the beginning of trouble. You don't know these people. Op attack her so hard. She's profane for that comparison, once she could drag your mother down, believe me she's coming for your Father, siblings, and everyone that are support systems to you, she's on the journey of turning you to an inmate in your own house.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by UjuJoan2: 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

All I'm saying is. If a woman's raised in a good home, and had imbibed virtues of wifehood from her mom.
She should understand that she should never place herself on the same level as her mother in-law.
I'd never put myself in the same note with my mother in-law. It's pretty disgraceful, I mean. She' been there since day one. No matter how good I am to my woman, she's still have secrets with her mom.
So this is not emotional blackmailing, this is pure truth.
You lot disrespect your husband a lot, and don't worry, your sons will suffer the same faith.
If you have some outstandings with your boss, and you hear he goes on to buy a new ride for himself. Will you ever go on to confront him or reference his mother? At least he is owing you too. You really can't do that

You women respect your bosses/pastors/imams/celebrities online more than y'all respect your husbands which is very wrong. I repeat again. Ain't no woman of mine gon' bring my relatives into our discussion.

Actually I can!

If my boss is owing me and goes on to buy himself a new Car without paying me, I will confront him. I have needs too. Why should my needs come second to his? If he is not owing me then I don’t care what he does. But he has a responsibility to pay me my money. If he doesn’t pay me, I’m the one doing him a favor and he has no right or basis for grandstanding.

In the same way, if you are owing your wife you are in the wrong. And every day it extends she has the right to react anyway she wants!!! You keep forgetting that you started this issue, you borrowed money from her and refused to pay back when due. What if she planned to use it to buy Xmas things for her own mother? And you are here grandstanding because she mentioned your mother? How do you think that makes her feel? Or are you forgetting that she is a human being too, with her own thoughts and feelings?

I agree that your mother is more important than your wife, but that is only to you, not to your wife. For your wife, her own mother comes first, then you, then your family. You cannot force her to take your mother the way you do, just because you married her. It just doesn’t work that way!!!!

Why don’t you borrow from your mum and pay your wife if your mum takes priority? You cannot be protecting her “by mouth”.

This wife that is nothing to you, and comes after every other important person in your life, is the one you are asking for money? And not even paying back!! If you took that loan from the bank or from lenders you know how much you would pay on interest, and everyday counts. She knew you had a mother, but she still gave you that money. She could have easily told you to got your mother or to lenders, but she made that sacrifice for you. And now you are not only refusing to pay back, you’re treating her like she is nothing. Someone that saved you from a tight situation. Who is being disrespectful here?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by returncole: 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2023
MASTAkiLLAh:
if you could not caution her immediately she made that comment then, there's nothing you can do again. You knew her character before you married her and you also know that marriage and especially women no be beans for men and you're not expected to win all arguments. For peace to reign, go and apologize to your wife for keeping malice with her and when she forgives you, kiss her passionately and tell her never to mention your mother in that way again, pause small then laugh. She'll be confused but careful next time

Those who compare themselves with themselves are not wise. Op, attack that woman. Get her on her knee scampering for breathe. Who does that? If you don't attack this incident headlong, she has so many chronicles she will unveil. The first attack devil launches is not often the last.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by UjuJoan2: 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

School me brother.

The way you are waving this money issue away as if it’s nothing. In the first place, why would he even borrow money from the wife and not pay back when he promised to? What if the wife already made plans with the money, and only gave it to him on the condition that he would return it when she needed it? Do you know how confusing and betraying it can be for her when he wouldn’t pay back? What if she never admitted to having the money and watch him suffer and go around begging people for money, just to avoid this exact situation? Would that have been better? Would that have made her a good wife?

Personally I never loan people money except I can forfeit that money, and that includes my husband. But I wasn’t that way before. I used to be so helpful and trusting until I realized that the people asking you for a loan don’t care about your own problems. One year I had to borrow to pay my rent because I loaned someone the money I saved you for rent and they wouldn’t pay back when the rent was due. Do you know how painful and hurtful that can be?

You are here acting like what the husband did is not worse than what she did. Of course a “good” wife should be able to make her needs secondary to her husband’s, and be respectful enough to know that she comes last in the pecking order of the family. Yes, she’s a slave naaa, she can’t have feelings or react when she’s hurt. She should bring her hard earned money when it’s needed, and shut up about it. Yea, right!!!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by UjuJoan2: 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2023
Acidosis:
When a woman says "had it been it was your mom", "had it been it was your sister", "had it been...", bla bla bla, trust me, she already resents your family.

You don't have to believe me. Just wait for the signs. Don't just demand an apology. An apology would not fix resentment. You have a bigger problem on your hands if you don't handle this carefully and with maturity.

Even if that were true, women don’t just start resenting their husbands family for no reason. Something must have led to it. With this OP’s utterances it’s clear that he has always belittled his wife in her own home over his family.

Men forget that the home belongs to the women too, first before any of their family members. Your parents and siblings come first in their own home, not in the home you share with your wife.

If you push a woman to the wall, she will push back.

If I go to my husband’s family home I’m a guest there. I don’t even go untill the mother gives me permission to. And even then, I’m restricted to areas of the house. That I don’t mind.

But in my own house, they are ones with the restrictions. You cannot come to my house and want to stamp authority just because I’m married to your brother. A house I will live in forever and raise my children. That will NEVER happen. And if my husband tries to support that, e go hear am.

Respect is reciprocal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by UjuJoan2: 2:10pm On Dec 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Clearly, from your misuse and misapplication of the word, you don't understand what Tolerance is about, do you? undecided

2. Respecting other people's right to religion does not mean you equally respect their deification of other humans. For instance, I respect a Christian but I do not consider their gods of men gods at all as openly express my disdain for the lies and deceit that they are full of. undecided

You can't go around forcing your private deities on others expecting them to equally worship your gods. That is not tolerance or respect but lunacy! undecided

I don’t think Nigerians can quite comprehend this concept. For all our big talks we are one of the least accommodating people as a nation.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by UjuJoan2: 2:11pm On Dec 16, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

I'm talking about my wife, not your wife.
Your wife can say whatever she likes to you, or your relatives. That's your cup of tea and it has nothing to do with me.
What I know is, ain't no wife of mine gon' speak to my relative disrespectfully. That's not my world.

Then divorce her and go and marry another woman and this matter will be resolved!!!

Simple!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by UjuJoan2: 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:

Your own thinking is often off track. You need to understand that people have their sensitivities that they would like others to respect. Call it weakness or whatever. If the guy doesn't want his mom referenced or used as a topic during a discord, why can't the wife respect that? The only problem would be if the man does that to others' moms but doesn't tolerate that. Being spouses doesn't mean you have the right to every bit of my existence. No, marraige itself is contractual and dealings in it must be consensual!

The same way he doesn’t want his mum mentioned is the same his wife doesn’t want to be owed. Being a spouse doesn’t give you the right to hold onto her money and refuse to pay back, therefore destroying whatever plans she must have had for the money.

Person Dey owe money, come dey grandstand on-top. This is actually ridiculous!!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by yemmit90: 2:32pm On Dec 16, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Yes! I take life too seriously.
For how long do you think you can take life as a joke?
The side of life that I've seen got me really on my toes.

@2. That's a very good one. Your wife shouldn't know stuff about your relative, to avoid see finish

Forever sir, life is so flexible to those who doesn't take it to their hearts. Our minds is actually the causation of our physical being, those who live like a bird are the happiest people on earth.

Taking life as a joke doesn't mean you will live like a slowpoke, it is the ability to take things as they are withiout worrying about them. It is the ability to know that the real purpose of life is to live in peace. You are always at peace if you don't take things to your heart.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by kaywon: 5:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
Oga, there's nothing wrong in what your wife said. You better enjoy the peace in your marriage now oo. I don talk my own. If only you know how many men envy that marital peace you're looking down on...
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Munzy14(m): 8:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
mariahAngel:

They should sort themselves out.
Nobody should stress me with their issues this Christmas season. grin
Okwaya grin

The last 11months was used to sort issues, this remaining one na Personal.

Make all man dey dia dey this month.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Starz825(m): 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
Nicepoker:
Let's see your pre wedding pictures. grin
idiot grin
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by FalseProphet1(m): 11:09am On Dec 17, 2023
pocohantas:
If you like, make una fight enter street like my neighbours. When e scatter, your body go calm. The rest of us would learn from your case, move on and tolerate our own partners.
Hmmm
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Gmajor(m): 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So you apologize to everyone who says you are wrong even when you are certain you have done nothing wrong? undecided

No wonder Nigerians are ever ready with excuses for the corruption in the country. lipsrsealed
There is a difference between your spouse and every other person.
If your spouse say that this thing you said is offensive, you should apologize when if you don't see it as such
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2023
Gmajor:
■ There is a difference between your spouse and every other person.
If your spouse say that this thing you said is offensive, you should apologize when if you don't see it as such
A spouse that has to walk on shells around you is in a situation that is worse than that of a paid house help.. undecided
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Gmajor(m): 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
A spouse that has to walk on shells around you is in a situation that is worse than that of a paid house help.. undecided
So pointing out that you're being rude is walking on eggshells abi?
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by chimexdnice1(m): 7:00pm On Dec 21, 2023
In marriage, there is no comparison between one's wife and mother. if the man or his wife attempt to make any form of comparison, whether good or bad , its wrong. The wife here didnt insult the MIL nor the husband, but she broke a rule in marriage. so she should apologize.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by DonroxyII: 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
madridguy:
My heart aches reading stories like this and I begin to ask myself who exactly is raising weak men like this?

Nigeria men are fast lossing their right as an Africa man and very soon, our women will be chasing men out of their house just like the whites.
Nigerian Men has Always Been Weak Since Time Immemorial Infact Men are Generally Weak Against Women .... The First Man Chopped Apple he was Instructed not to Eat Is That Not Weakness ....

The Narration is Just Changing because Women are Not Weaker Anymore Unlike Before .... They are now as Educated as Man, as Energetic as Man, As Contributory as Man Thus They are Now Demanding Equal Rights as Men .....

Men just needed to Up The Game But I doubt we Can Without serious Consequences to Our Genetics ... We should just increase our Maturities That's all & Allowed the Women Natural Weaknesses to Creep in Via Reverse Psychology if not ....

A Committed Woman is much more powerful than a Committed Man ..She will throw her entire sef into the game ...!
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by MrCork: 10:19pm On Dec 28, 2023
UmmuFarrah:

No be small thing 🤣. Everybody na oga patapata for Nairaland.

do u have yansh with side yansh & are u lightskin & can u coook n clean? smiley
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Talismann: 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What is wrong with mentioning his mother?

If OP doesn't want his mother mentioned at all in his marriage then OP should cut his mom off completely so she holds no place at all in his life and his marriage . You can't make a god out of a human being, and cause that god to feature in the lives of others around you, while expecting them not to mention the place that god occupies. It doesn't work that way. undecided

... should cut his mum off completely... always speaking off point with your single digit IQ. Just imagine the bolded, does that even sound coherent and a statement a rational and sane person should make.

You lots just allow your emotions to get the better of you, tend to fly off the handle at any little thing and begin spewing gibberish.

That's why a man needs to be very strong, dominant and assertive in his dealings with a wife let alone a girlfriend.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by UnemployedGradu: 9:32am On Feb 08
Plus4you:

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by gerizzim: 7:46pm On Feb 17
I have qtns to ask the marid man in that home.

Is this the first time the woman is talking to him dt way?
How long hz he been marid to d woman?
Before now, how does he riggle himself out of dis similar situation in d past wit dt woman?
Is the wife the first nd only woman he dated before marriage?
How old is this marid man?
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Jman06(m): 3:17pm On Feb 18
ogawisdom:

She really has nothing to apologize for. I think you should watch your over sized ego before you destroy your marriage.

She should be free to express herself Biko. How can a woman be well educated and not be allowed to express an opinion in 2023.

You have scolded her and expressed displeasure at what she said and that is enough. Move on

This is one of the draw backs of women's education! They'll still hold on to the traditional family setting where the man is expected to provide everything for the family, but they carefully and selfishly discard the aspect that requires them to respect the man and submit wholly to him. Those days, a man's word in his house was law.

No wonder marriage is no longer attractive to modern men.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Funny Experience Today December 25th / As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Different Kinds Of Nigerian/African Fathers And Their Characters (Meme)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.