Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? (747 Views)

FREE Frontend Development Training - Learn HTML & CSS In 2 Weeks For Free / They Say Web Dev'ment Is Saturated, What TECH Stack Should I Take On / Frontend Development Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by LUAN(m): 3:28pm On Dec 14, 2023
I want to know if frontend development is truly saturated as they Said. What advise would you give to someone who has been learning it and has gotten to midway of becoming a frontend developer? Should he stwich to something else. Or continue learning the frontend
Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by stanliwise(m): 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2023
LUAN:
I want to know if frontend development is truly saturated as they Said. What advise would you give to someone who has been learning it and has gotten to midway of becoming a frontend developer? Should he stwich to something else. Or continue learning the frontend
The bar become higher is all. Nothing is saturdated anywhere. As much as the product demands remains and keep growing, it ain't saturated, not any sooner. There aren’t so much experienced and matured developers yet as much as the beginners are out there. So beginner level is quite saturated. That is for sure

1 Like

Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by nearline(m): 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2023
Yes and no. From my own experience there appears to be more frontend developers than there are backend developers. But the major problem with frontend development is the availability of the many frontend frameworks and CSS libraries which has caused fragmentation in the frontend ecosystem and actually confuse a lot of newbie developers like you. My advice for you is to pick a frontend framework (ReactJS for example) and a CSS library (Bootstrap for example) and stick to the combo for now until you are well versed in it before adding another combo. Also don't forget to learn the language before learning the framework or library. This means learn vanilla HTML, CSS and JavaScript very well before attempting to learn any library or framework.

1 Like

Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by LUAN(m): 4:33pm On Dec 14, 2023
nearline:
Yes and no. From my own experience there appears to be more frontend developers than there are backend developers. But the major problem with frontend development is the availability of the many frontend frameworks and CSS libraries which has caused fragmentation in the frontend ecosystem and actually confuse a lot of newbie developers like you. My advice for you is to pick a frontend framework (ReactJS for example) and a CSS library (Bootstrap for example) and stick to the combo for now until you are well versed in it before adding another combo. Also don't forget to learn the language before learning the framework or library. This means learn vanilla HTML, CSS and JavaScript very well before attempting to learn any library or framework.
thanks for this for this bro, the css frame work really confused me, like choosing between Tailwind or bootstrap. Also got confused in on The broadness of javascript, I don't know which topic to stick to for the frontend. Something like typescript also confused me when I hear of it, tho I have not started studying it.

1 Like

Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by LUAN(m): 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2023
stanliwise:

The bar become higher is all. Nothing is saturdated anywhere. As much as the product demands remains and keep growing, it ain't saturated, not any sooner. There aren’t so much experienced and matured developers yet as much as the beginners are out there. So beginner level is quite saturated. That is for sure
can I get experience or get to expert level if I don't have a good team to work with or if I don't get have a job at this beginners level?
Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by nearline(m): 4:45pm On Dec 14, 2023
Forget about TypeScript for now. Learn HTML, CSS, and JavaScript in that order and after you have learned them well you can learn Bootstrap and then ReactJS in that order. As for learning JavaScript learn DOM manipulation and XHR/Fetch API first in that order. The rest will come easy.

1 Like

Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by nearline(m): 4:49pm On Dec 14, 2023
LUAN:
can I get experience or get to expert level if I don't have a good team to work with or if I don't get have a job at this beginners level?
Yes. All you need to do is try to develop clones of existing projects. You can try building a blog from scratch for example or an online store etc
Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by BlackhatMentor: 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
Same question was asked

5 years ago

1 Like

Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by stanliwise(m): 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2023
LUAN:
To get experienced you need to desire it and go out of the traning and requirement of regular beginner workflow. This isn’t any fancy shit. Just look into frameworks, experienced coders works and find new things they do and learn about them and understand the concept why they did what they did. If it don’t make sense then don’t do it. If it does then add it.

That way you grow

1 Like

Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by JsScript: 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2023
LUAN:

Frontend development is probably the most popular field of programming that most beginners learn. It's a crowded space and you really have to be NOTICEABLY good at it to rise up the ranks.
So keep pushing...

1 Like

Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by frank417: 10:21pm On Dec 14, 2023
It is saturated but assessments are given by employers to get good frontend devs. You just have to know what you are doing.

Advice: don't spend excess time learning with tutorials or pet projects. Apply for internship/junior roles and start building real apps and gaining real experience.

2 Likes

Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by africoders18: 5:49am On Dec 15, 2023
@nearline, I appreciate your comments. What you said is exactly my views too.

1 Like

Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by talk2hb1(m): 11:21am On Dec 15, 2023
I guess one particular framework(ReactJs and Vue) is saturated, go add angular to your skill set and raise your income bar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by LUAN(m): 8:26pm On Dec 15, 2023
talk2hb1:
I guess one particular framework(ReactJs and Vue) is saturated, go add angular to your skill set and raise your income bar
I need learn any of them yet, I still dey javascript
Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by talk2hb1(m): 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2023
LUAN:
I need learn any of them yet, I still dey javascript
Learn JavaScript very well, try implementing your own framework too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by bet9ja(m): 5:46am On Dec 16, 2023
LUAN:
It is not saturated. Just learn what is required to land a junior Engr position. Learn HTML, CSS and Javascript. Then learn both React and Angular. Read tech news. Learn more about other Javascript library like Ajax and jquery.

Tip. When you pickup Javascript, don't just learn the surface of it. Like variable declaration and data types. Try to understand the core Javascript. How it works. It's single threaded pattern and what happened in the event loop. How the heap stores the object, the stacks LIFO process and the execution pattern from top to bottom.

You may be wondering why you need to know all this. This will give you edge in any interview.

2 Likes

Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by LUAN(m): 6:55am On Dec 16, 2023
bet9ja:
It is not saturated. Just learn what is required to land a junior Engr position. Learn HTML, CSS and Javascript. Then learn both React and Angular. Read tech news. Learn more about other Javascript library like Ajax and jquery.

Tip. When you pickup Javascript, don't just learn the surface of it. Like variable declaration and data types. Try to understand the core Javascript. How it works. It's single threaded pattern and what happened in the event loop. How the heap stores the object, the stacks LIFO process and the execution pattern from top to bottom.

You may be wondering why you need to know all this. This will give you edge in any interview.
thank you for this

2 Likes

Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by intelligentpunk: 3:01am On Apr 22
It's interesting to see the varied opinions on the saturation of web development in frontend development. While some argue that it's not saturated due to ongoing demand, others acknowledge the challenges like the abundance of frameworks and confusion for newcomers. Personally, I believe in mastering the fundamentals first before diving into frameworks. Self-initiated projects and studying experienced developers' work seem like great ways to enhance skills beyond the beginner level in web development.
Re: Is Frontend Development Truly Saturated? by guydoescode(m): 11:08am On Apr 22
I just came across this and had to drop my own take. The notion of frontend development being saturated can be a bit nuanced. While it's true that there is a high demand for frontend developers, it's also true that there are many individuals entering the field, which can make competition fierce. However, this doesn't necessarily mean you should abandon your pursuit of becoming a frontend developer.

If you're passionate about frontend development and enjoy the work, then it's worth continuing to pursue it while also considering ways to differentiate yourself and stay competitive in the field.

(1) (Reply)

Give Me Some Help! / How To Make Search Engine Like Google: ? / Why Don't You Develop Application For China Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.