Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year (17589 Views)

FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In / Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player / Reactions As Luka Modric Wins FIFA Men's Best Player Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by Beverlyjean(f): 7:18am On Dec 15, 2023
jelel6:

Yes, I agree. Osimhen isn't as good as Salah all round. They both had great seasons individually scoring goals. However, Osimhen was able to lead his team to the league title. Liverpool won nothing last year and were pretty bad overall. Team success gave osimhen African footballer of the year.

Halaand won a lot last year both individually and collectively, but so did Messi. It then comes down to who you'd pay money to watch.

These awards are total crap.... if its based on a world cup year( reason ghey gave messi) then the award should go to Hakimi ... he also won the league and also reached the semis of the WC , first ever for Africa... oshimhen and halaand dint play in the world cup .... if Messi deserves it due to the WC , then Hakimi deserves it as well... if oshimhen deserves Africa player, then Halaand deserves it
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by BeanmanX(m): 7:42am On Dec 15, 2023
tellwisdom:
How can you compare these players who can’t stringe 3 accurate passes together to messi??.. Foolish.. it’s messi
Since I know you na today you dey talk sensible thing.
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by BeanmanX(m): 7:44am On Dec 15, 2023
MESSI
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by texas1990(m): 8:44am On Dec 15, 2023
I knew many of you guys here are fan of Man united or Chelsea, you can never like haland , even if he likes let him win whole trophies in the the world in one season, una go still say make them give cucurela or dalot , sets of losers clubs supporters.
Haland you deserve it.
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by tellwisdom: 9:56am On Dec 15, 2023
BeanmanX:
Since I know you na today you dey talk sensible thing.

U de kiyaze
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by Fearyourcreator: 10:16am On Dec 15, 2023
Moskido:

Even cristiano country, people still prefer figo to ronaldo...and again many people prefer Brazilian ronaldo to Cristiano ................u think u are wise 😹😹😹😂idiatt
We dey talk fact you dey vex , Wetin concern me with cr7 ... Una get problem ... Talk on top Messi matter I don turn cr7 fans ... Small boy ... R9 better than Messi and cr7 combined ... Messi and cr7 are social media players ...
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by Honestfrend: 10:59am On Dec 15, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
.Then Mbappe deserved it not Messy

U know it's Messi.. U just want make we dey argue.. cheesy
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by Slimwhyt(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2023
Messi. But, I will like Haaland to take this one. Himself don try.
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by mayor1814: 3:23pm On Dec 15, 2023
magzey:

And how many goals did Haaland scored last Season and what of the Rodri ? Haaland goals give Man City edge to the Treble last season

U are just focusing on goals goals goals. Football is more than that. We talking of overall package of a footballer. In messi u see that in abundance - assists, killer passes, dribbles, creativity etc
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by jelel6: 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2023
Beverlyjean:

These awards are total crap.... if its based on a world cup year( reason ghey gave messi) then the award should go to Hakimi ... he also won the league and also reached the semis of the WC , first ever for Africa... oshimhen and halaand dint play in the world cup .... if Messi deserves it due to the WC , then Hakimi deserves it as well... if oshimhen deserves Africa player, then Halaand deserves it

It's going to be difficult to argue that a defender should win the best player award partly because he was good and his team won titles. Reaching the semis was a great achievement but being a defender, he'd never win such an award because scoring goals and playing as an attacker is much harder.

If they want to give the award to the actual best player, Messi should be winning it every year. They sometimes tend to give it to players who had more team success or merely scored a few goals more.

Mind you, Messi had already won the FIFA THE BEST AWARD for the year 2022 he won the world cup. So Halaand maybe the winner because that feat has already being taken into account.
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by jelel6: 6:34pm On Dec 15, 2023
tesppidd:
Messi won it last January after the World Cup.
January 2023.

January 2024 should go to Haaland.

That's the caveat. Although they said the 2022 world cup period is still being taken into account for this one. Messi is the best footballer for as long as he plays in my opinion, but Halaand should win this one.
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by tesppidd: 7:49pm On Dec 15, 2023
jelel6:

That's the caveat. Although they said the 2022 world cup period is still being taken into account for this one. Messi is the best footballer for as long as he plays in my opinion, but Halaand should win this one.
The 2022 World Cup is not taken account of.

This award is from December 19th 2022.
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by jelel6: 7:56pm On Dec 15, 2023
tesppidd:
The 2022 World Cup is not taken account of.

This award is from December 19th 2022.

I did read about it this morning. The world cup period was not excluded according to the report on sky sports.
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by tesppidd: 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2023
jelel6:

I did read about it this morning. The world cup period was not excluded according to the report on sky sports.
Yes.

I think I am the biggest Messi fan in the world but I think he's not supposed to be in this top 3 shortlist.

But I think what influenced it was the fact that the voting period was about the same period the ballon dor was being voted for.
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by jelel6: 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2023
tesppidd:
Yes.

I think I am the biggest Messi fan in the world but I think he's not supposed to be in this top 3 shortlist.

But I think what influenced it was the fact that the voting period was about the same period the ballon dor was being voted for.

Yeah, he shouldn't. Not right but the truth is he'd probably win it again.
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by Moskido: 3:35pm On Jan 01
Fearyourcreator:

We dey talk fact you dey vex , Wetin concern me with cr7 ... Una get problem ... Talk on top Messi matter I don turn cr7 fans ... Small boy ... R9 better than Messi and cr7 combined ... Messi and cr7 are social media players ...

Tahh,,u know nothing...its obvious
Re: Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year by shagie07: 4:53am On Jan 03
Liverpool Vs Newcastle 4 - 2 Incredible Match | Salah 2 Goals Highlights 2023/2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mLHZKcl1Ck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 / The Best Soccer Playing Brothers You Know / Meet Eva Carneiro, The Chelsea Medic, The Busiest Doctor In Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.