Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,048 members, 7,810,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates (9625 Views)

Bandits Threatening To Attack Me – Gov Radda Cries Out / Don't Lose Hope In Nigeria, Oyebanji Tells Ekiti Youth / Ekiti APC Owes You A Debt Of Gratitude - Oyebanji Tells Erelu Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by AngelGabbyShara(m): 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2023
NO BIRTHDAY GIFT, ADVERT FOR ME, GOV OYEBANJI TELLS FRIENDS, ASSOCIATES

…urges them to make donations to special schools for PWD

The Governor of Ekiti State, Mr Biodun Oyebanji has told friends, family members, well-wishers and the general public not to organise any birthday party, gift or newspaper advertisement in commemoration of his 56th birthday billed for Thursday, December 21st.

Insadad of advertisement placements, gifts or social gatherings, Governor Oyebanji said anyone willing to celebrate with him should make cash or material donations to the less privileged children in the State.

Specifically, the Governor requested that gifts and cash be sent to the three Government Special Schools in the three senatorial district of the state vis: Government Special School for the Deaf, Ikoro-Ekiti; Government Special School for the Blind, Ikere-Ekiti; and Government Special School for the Mentally and Physically Challenged, Ido-Ekiti, as well as the State Relief and Rehabiitation Centre for the Mentally Challenged in Ado-Ekiti.

According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media, Mr Yinka Oyebode, Governor Oyebanji said financial and material gifts sent to these schools by his friends and well-wishers would be of greater value and a better appreciated birthday celebration for him, adding that the country is at a point where citizens should make deliberate efforts at reaching out to the less privileged in the society.

The Governor said he was happy at the number of family members, friends and associates that presented gifts to the three special schools during his birthday last year, and the attendant joy the gestures brought to the faces of the students.

Governor Oyebanji said he became happier when he got reports on how each of the schools utilised the financial and material gifts they got from him and his friends to enhance the welfare and wellbeing of the students and to upgrade some facilities within the schools.

The Governor said he would be happy if his friends and well wishers would grant his wishes this year again, by joining him in putting smiles on the faces of the students with disabilities instead of any gift or party they might have in mind.

The Ikogosi-Ekiti born Oyebanji, a former University lecturer turned politician, will be 56 years old on December 21, 2023.

The statement lists the accounts details of the schools as follows:

1. Government Special School for the Deaf
Ikoro-Ekiti
Union Bank- 0003625836

2. Government Special School for the Physically and Mental Challenged.
Ido- Ekiti
Union Bank – 0003574525

3. Government Special School for the Blind
Ikere Ekiti
Union Bank - 0003628428

4. State Relief and Rehabiitation Centre for the Mentally Challenged
c/o Ekiti State Office of Disability Affairs
Keystone Bank

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid032p1625ujyjEW69iSHjQsJugv8mCxsNLgCRor2pYNP1bWkj1YXaY4ySUXUkBDUqusl&id=100069437032705&mibextid=Nif5oz

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by TemplarLandry: 12:24pm On Dec 15, 2023
cool
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by babaRUNtinz(m): 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2023
We have not planned that sir

2 Likes

Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by oshonky: 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2023
When will I be ftc
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by Melagros(m): 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2023
I wish all the leaders will replicate this, especially the presidency

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by Iseoluwani: 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2023
good

2 Likes

Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by MissIndependent(f): 10:27pm On Dec 15, 2023
Nice. smiley
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by ImoleNaija: 10:27pm On Dec 15, 2023
This man is just so good.

May God bless him always.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2023
Okay. Happy Birthday in Advance Sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by sammirano: 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2023
Useless animal
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by Chesiber: 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2023
Are you ready to take your career, education, or immigration dreams to new heights? Look no further! Our exceptional suite of services includes Professional CV Revamping, Cover Letter Writing, Statement of Purpose (Academic and Visa SOP), and Motivational Letter Writing. Whether you're aiming for your dream job, a top-notch educational institution, or a successful visa application, our expert team is here to empower your journey. We specialize in crafting compelling, personalized documents that make you stand out. Don't miss out on opportunities - choose KAS today and embark on a path to success! Contact us and let's write your success story together!

1 Like

Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by AfroBeatDiary: 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2023
Ok sir.
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by richard870(m): 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2023
Lol
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by jojothaiv(m): 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
Commendable but it's none of business.

1 Like

Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by Sabadon(m): 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
cool

Watch how the supposed donors will skip this cos the governor won't get to see or know who donated, tell me if this is not eye service.

Happy birthday your Excellency

10 Likes

Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by MorolayoVictor(m): 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
My governor of life.
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
Eye service. Like agbado the drug lord like son.. cheesy grin
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by McLizbae: 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2023
God bless Ekiti, God bless Gov Oyebanji!

8 Likes

Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by Tenplet(m): 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2023
The other self imposed president and vice president is borrowing money from world bank to build mansions and buy yatch grin
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:32pm On Dec 15, 2023
lmao
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by money121(m): 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2023
Ok
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by sureplug57: 10:37pm On Dec 15, 2023
Selling Netflix accounts interested whatsapp me numba @signature login before pay
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by MorataFC: 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2023
Why cheesy
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by Godfullsam(m): 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2023
I love this man.

Good idea

Happy birthday sir cheesy

6 Likes

Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by Segzy19: 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2023
sammirano:
My parents are Useless animals
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by JoeEeL(m): 10:44pm On Dec 15, 2023
Sounds like a reasonable man.

Once islamic terrorists see IDF on front page, their heart skips a beat. cheesy
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by Nahunger(m): 10:45pm On Dec 15, 2023
grin
What of birthday loot
Re: No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates by papyjaypaul: 10:45pm On Dec 15, 2023
Smart thinking. When Fashola did this, he did not provide account details but this man knows his fellow Nigerians no go hear word, they will try to do eye service so he sharply gave the account details for the schools. make dem go de shalaye for the schools with money

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Online Registration / Reps Will Grant Autonomy To Local Governments - Gbajabiamila / China Exim Bank Approves N408bn For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.