Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,548 members, 7,827,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? (1072 Views)

I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK / Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by Icrave4u: 8:36am On Dec 17, 2023
Abroad is not heaven and it's not the best place on earth. Unfortunately , most people are too jealous when they hear that you are moving abroad or when they see that you are abroad. Let me tell you ,the ugly effect of envy is that it adversely affects your mental health and most times your general well-being.
Nobody is stopping you from travelling out.If you really want that,the door is open for everybody. Attacking people leaving abroad out of jealousy can never solve your problem, instead it will make you to be in deeper pain.
Sometimes, when people in abroad make a post,you will see this set of people that I am talking about coming out to attack them ,instead of sharing their opinion about the post.
There is no doubt that a traveller is more experienced than someone sitting in one place.when people share there experience with you,try to learn or contribute your opinion about it.That is the best way of learning and sharing ideas. Coming out to attack someone because he is abroad ,instead of focusing on the issue at stake is very childish and will make you appear like an envious person before the public.Nobody is standing on your way of travelling to the moon ! Learn this lesson today and know peace, but if you don't want to learn,just know that High blood pressure is real ! 🤣🤣
Happy Weekend Guys !

#EveryEvery

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by 1TrippleCee: 8:40am On Dec 17, 2023
The reverse question is why your kinds assume people envy people. Make una stop all this nonsense. I met a childhood friend straight from UK at the bus stop recently for example he was stable in mind. Na him remember me call me self. Me don forget who e be. Make una dey calm down

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by Chicagograduate(m): 11:14am On Dec 17, 2023
Everybody want to japa that is why they envy their colleagues.Even the ones wey don japa once envy others who have japa.
So it is a norm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by oluayebenz: 11:28am On Dec 17, 2023
1TrippleCee:
The reverse question is why your kinds assume people envy people. Make una stop all this nonsense. I met a childhood friend straight from UK at the bus stop recently for example he was stable in mind. Na him remember me call me self. Me don forget who e be. Make una dey calm down

Don't.mind them....

Who get time to envy people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by 1TrippleCee: 11:28am On Dec 17, 2023
Chicagograduate:
Everybody want to japa that is why they envy their colleagues.Even the ones wey don japa once envy others who have japa.
So it is a norm.

Its not true. All my childhood friends are overs. I hae no reason to envy anyone for example. Why? Christ is my sufficency and abroad doesnt necessarily mean completely better. Life is what we make out of our existence. And being hone doesnt being totally bereft of ideas or opportunities

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by Chicagograduate(m): 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
1TrippleCee:

Its not true. All my childhood friends are overs. I hae no reason to envy anyone for example. Why? Christ is my sufficency and abroad doesnt necessarily mean completely better. Life is what we make out of our existence. And being hone doesnt being totally bereft of ideas or opportunities
Stop pretending.You envy them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by 1TrippleCee: 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
Chicagograduate:
Stop pretending.You envy them.

Why ? You think everyone doesn't do well here ? Middle of the year my industry will have 100 workforce. So, what will a person have abroad I can't have with my money ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by MT: 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2023
I do NOT think it is envy.

I think it is a case of most people abroad suffering from superiority complex, and sounding insulting to people back home.

Flying plane has not actually added value to anyone. The real value lies exactly in WHAT you are doing anywhere you are - be it Nigeria or overseas.

Owning a passport on its own has never cured poverty!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by ednut1(m): 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2023
Icrave4u:
Abroad is not heaven and it's not the best place on earth. Unfortunately , most people are too jealous when they hear that you are moving abroad or when they see that you are abroad. Let me tell you ,the ugly effect of envy is that it adversely affects your mental health and most times your general well-being.
Nobody is stopping you from travelling out.If you really want that,the door is open for everybody. Attacking people leaving abroad out of jealousy can never solve your problem, instead it will make you to be in deeper pain.
Sometimes, when people in abroad make a post,you will see this set of people that I am talking about coming out to attack them ,instead of sharing their opinion about the post.
There is no doubt that a traveller is more experienced than someone sitting in one place.when people share there experience with you,try to learn or contribute your opinion about it.That is the best way of learning and sharing ideas. Coming out to attack someone because he is abroad ,instead of focusing on the issue at stake is very childish and will make you appear like an envious person before the public.Nobody is standing on your way of travelling to the moon ! Learn this lesson today and know peace, but if you don't want to learn,just know that High blood pressure is real ! 🤣🤣
Happy Weekend Guys !

#EveryEvery
many people abroad have superiority/saviour complex. They seem to magically know the solutions to Nigeria’s problems , blame Nigerians at home for accepting elections bribes, not demanding for accountability from leaders etc. But the person speaking probably spent most of his years in Nigeria before japa and didn’t do anything/ couldn’t do anything to save Nigeria. So those in Nigeria will obviously insult them.

Is there any family in southern Nigerian that doesn’t have a relative abroad What is there to envy 🤔

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by 1TrippleCee: 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2023
MT:
I do NOT think it is envy.

I think it is a case of most people abroad suffering from superiority complex, and sounding insulting to people back home.

Flying plane has not actually added value to anyone. The real value lies exactly in WHAT you are doing anywhere you are - be it Nigeria or overseas.

Owning a passport on its own has never cured poverty!

If one abroad person can reason this way, maybe I can reconnect with over 20 - 50 folks I have abroad but don't bother saying hello to
Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by Lovemeharder(f): 6:45am On Dec 18, 2023
Tbh, nigerian's don't love themselves, the moment you travel out and some of your friends and family members are aware, they will start envying you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by Icrave4u: 9:00am On Jan 01
True
Lovemeharder:
Tbh, nigerian's don't love themselves, the moment you travel out and some of your friends and family members are aware, they will start envying you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by UnfairLife7(m): 10:52am On Jan 01
1TrippleCee:

Why ? You think everyone doesn't do well here ? Middle of the year my industry will have 100 workforce. So, what will a person have abroad I can't have with my money ?
You can't have access to the following
quality healthcare
quality education
high Life expentancy
good infrastructure
stable power supply
strong currency and many more
Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by IbeOkehie: 9:32pm On Jan 01
1TrippleCee:

Audio nameless industry and owner. I hope I got the slang right...audio!

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by Gerrard59(m): 4:08am On Jan 02
I think the problem comes from your circle and the notion from most diasporans on how Nigeria should be managed or run. I have a significant number of folks in my circle who can easily move abroad by either their skill-set or finances, but choose not to. Not everyone is interested in emigrating from Nigeria. As a strong advocate of the "right to choose, not the right to dictate", I respect their views.

Two, if you constantly rub it on people's faces that they made a wrong choice by being in Nigeria, they either get envious or pissed off. An example of this is when one constantly lampoons Nigeria at every given opportunity during conversations with those in Nigeria.

However, I strongly believe that East Asians should manage certain sectors in Nigeria. Nigerians, both at home and abroad, are not competent enough to manage them. So, let the East Asians have it.
Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by 79733139(m): 9:28pm On Apr 06
It's normal, most people want to live in a better country and seeing someone achieve that dream brings out the envy inside some folks. C'est la vie... on y peut rien!
Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by pansophist(m): 10:30pm On Apr 06
Envy is a defect, purge yourself from it.

Don't envy people, it makes you powerless and gives them unearned authority over you. Contentment makes you powerful, and a protector of your dignity.

The definition of class is to treat people based on who they are inside, which is, their character since it is what cannot be taken away from them, and the determinant of how they will treat you.

You will never be disrespected if you are contented, and lack envy since it sends a clear message that you are not a slave to materialism, and are more of the authentic person inside.

But before you are like that, you must make sure you depend on yourself, only then you are authentic and live true to yourself. When you need others for everything, it kills your true unborn self from expression,

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? by Goodman247: 11:33pm On Apr 06
because most Nigerians are not civilized

(1) (Reply)

Visiting Nigeria Again / What Do You Guys No About Nursing And Midwifery Council[nmc] / Cheap And Decent Place To Stay In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.