Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,506 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians (1739 Views)

Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" / How Imported Milk Is Killing Nigerians, Africans - Aroms Aigbehi / Tramadol Is Killing My Friend. How Can We Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by SSFeedsNigeria: 2:42pm On Dec 17, 2023
Who else has observed that rate of kidney failures has spiked in Nigeria? Almost everywhere you turn in Nigeria today, you see men and women, boys and girls who are suffering kidney failures. Many have died already and new cases are emerging in unprecedented numbers.

This scary situation began with upsurge in agbo concussions. Every single day, thousands of Yoruba women and girls are invading other regions in Nigeria just to sell the highly dangerous and lethal drink called agbo.

Nigerians must stop drinking agbo now for their own good. Kidney failure is one of the worst diseases afflicting Nigerians today. It will render the sufferer destitute and in misery, and oftentimes end in death.

Nigerian government is never responsible, otherwise agbo should have been banned already.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by SSFeedsNigeria: 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2023
There is no city, town or village in the SE and SS now where you won't find many Yoruba women and girls hawking agbo with their grimy bowls. Sometimes, I begin to wonder if there are Yoruba women and girls left in the South West?

Many of these women are in their 20's, 30's and 40's, the most productive demography of women. So, does it mean they're all unmarried? Did they arrive with their husbands? Despite the large numbers already in the East, many more are arriving on a daily basis.

I pity those that still drink these poisonous substances because they're seriously endangering their lives.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by Mcreloaded(m): 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2023
When cost of medication is expensive lots of people ignorantly patronise these agbo girls.
Before it was native or traditional healers that people patronise but most men and surprisingly some ladies patronise agbo girls.
Even if you tell them that it is ethanol they use to produce these their so called alcoholic beverages they still will not hear.
Well sha who get sense will definitely not patronise such herbal drinks

1 Like

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by garriAndsugar: 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2023
Agbo drinkers are the highest risk takers I have ever come across.
To have the mind to ingest concussions mixed by Yoruba women knowing fully well they don't take personal hygiene serious.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:52pm On Dec 17, 2023
Thrash Thrash Thrash

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by 1TrippleCee: 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2023
Gow are you certain that many peoples kidneys have been damaged through drinking agbo? Do you have proofss to back up your claim ?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by Obiedun(m): 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2023
I doubt.

1 Like

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by SSFeedsNigeria: 3:00pm On Dec 17, 2023
Mcreloaded:
When cost of medication is expensive lots of people ignorantly patronise these agbo girls.
Before it was native or traditional healers that people patronise but most men and surprisingly some ladies patronise agbo girls.
Even if you tell them that it is ethanol they use to produce these their so called alcoholic beverages they still will not hear.
Well sha who get sense will definitely not patronise such herbal drinks

Most of their customers are illiterates, louts, and ignorant people. The alarming rate of kidney failures across Nigeria is directly proportional to the spike in sales of agbo. It's really pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by etrouble: 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
Who else has observed that rate of kidney failures has spiked in Nigeria? Almost everywhere you turn in Nigeria today, you see men and women, boys and girls who are suffering kidney failures. Many have died already and new cases are emerging in unprecedented numbers.

This scary situation began with upsurge in agbo concussions. Every single day, thousands of Yoruba women and girls are invading other regions in Nigeria just to sell the highly dangerous and lethal drink called agbo.

Nigerians must stop drinking agbo now for their own good. Kidney failure is one of the worst diseases afflicting Nigerians today. It will render the sufferer destitute and in misery, and oftentimes end in death.

Nigerian government is never responsible, otherwise agbo should have been banned already.

Were you tied down and forced fed with Agbo?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by ONEjoblessGUY: 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2023
Ok........
Can.........govt pls ban cubana from producing that agbo called odogwu bitter fast!!!

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by NaMe4: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
There is no city, town or village in the SE and SS now where you won't find many Yoruba women and girls hawking agbo with their grimy bowls. Sometimes, I begin to wonder if there are Yoruba women and girls left in the South West?

Many of these women are in their 20's, 30's and 40's, the most productive demography of women. So, does it mean they're all unmarried? Did they arrive with their husbands? Despite the large numbers already in the East, many more are arriving on a daily basis.

I pity those that still drink these poisonous substances because they're seriously endangering their lives.

Most of these agbo/herbal drinks have always been native herbal remedies for native communities in the SS, especially Edo and Delta, and not brought in by Yorubas as you allege. In fact, the home of herbal remedies is Edo State.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by DomPerignon: 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2023
Hepatitis is ravaging you and you are blaming agbo ?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by DaddyJapan(m): 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

Please provide an authoritative source of the claims you have advanced here.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by RepoMan007: 3:41pm On Dec 17, 2023
DaddyJapan:

Please provide an authoritative source of the claims you have advanced here.

Obidients looking to show that other tribe pepper.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by EmperorCaesar(m): 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2023
garriAndsugar:
Agbo drinkers are the highest risk takers I have ever come across.
To have the mind to ingest concussions mixed by Yoruba women knowing fully well they don't take personal hygiene serious.

You dont even sound smart
I was expecting u to outline the health risks associated with it with your medical and science knowledge(pinpointing the side effects of using traditional herbs that never passed through lab analysis) only for me to see u end it with a dumb tribal attack

You're a disgrace to every lecturer that ever took you some classes while in the uni πŸ—‘οΈ

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by bigpicture001: 4:12pm On Dec 17, 2023
Nigeria is a gagagaga country, we dont do medical research, everyone seems to b ok by never disclosing cause of death...

no one knows trending killing ways of life...we just live nd die like fowl...
Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by Paystack: 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2023
You'll always see them with their Trademark bleached legs and disfigured Figure 8

πŸ˜‚
Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by Goodnewsforlife: 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2023
NaMe4:

Most of these agbo/herbal drinks have always been native herbal remedies for native communities in the SS, especially Edo and Delta, and not brought in by Yorubas as you allege. In fact, the home of herbal remedies is Edo State.

that nonentity is igbo

He knows if he comes out direct as igbo nobody will take him seriously cos igbos don cast so he’s claiming south south

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by tunjiajayi: 4:21pm On Dec 17, 2023
Fake drugs, fake drinks and other fakes produced by igbos has killed more people in nigeria and in extension west Africa has killed more people than gunshots.
Especially babies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by Blitzking: 4:59pm On Dec 17, 2023
It's going to increase with the rise if the cost of medication and many foreign pharma closing shop in the country.
Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by RaySimran: 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2023
I once passed an area where those concoction were being "processed" by local women, the aroma I inhale there got me sick for days.

Agbo stressed/overworked the liver, they aren't healthy.
Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by gbaskiboy: 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2023
What evidences do you have to back up your claim? You must have substantial claim before you can put forward your writing. I know that was what our great great grand father took and they are healthy till death. The cause of kidney failure should just be attributed to Agbo because of the fact that it is being sold virtually in every corner. There are lot of things that could cause kidney failure it ranges from from we eat especially the junk ones, Alcoholic drinks we consume, it might be in the family history even underlying sickness could cause. Just live responsibly and be moderate in whatever we do.

1 Like

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by Beazysledge: 7:01pm On Dec 17, 2023
Why not test the efficacy of the agbo drink on their vaginas op
Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by Zonefree(m): 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2023
South West only investment in South East.

1 Like

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by online4business: 9:25pm On Dec 17, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

You dont even sound smart
I was expecting u to outline the health risks associated with it with your medical and science knowledge(pinpointing the side effects of using traditional herbs that never passed through lab analysis) only for me to see u end it with a dumb tribal attack

You're a disgrace to every lecturer that ever took you some classes while in the uni πŸ—‘οΈ

The drugs that pass lab analysis viaox killed more American than the vitenam war.

It's the most advertised drug on the planet before it was banned.

The RNA COVID shot is responsible for high heart dieases and cancer rate in the US... Na agbo cause am.

Big pharma don decieve people like you to forget your root.
Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by DaddyJapan(m): 11:13pm On Dec 17, 2023
RepoMan007:
Obidients looking to show that other tribe pepper.

He is actually not wrong about some of the downside of some herbal medicines. It is just that it would have been helpful if he had provided an authoritative source.
Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by ShinjaWWest: 12:10am On Dec 18, 2023
Another Igbo man claiming to be from Southsouth saying trash .

Okoro we know u r igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by Lovemeharder(f): 6:40am On Dec 18, 2023
Drinking what you don't know how it was prepared. Some people are just daft.
Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by Tokskob2008: 7:45am On Dec 18, 2023
Lol... this is just too laughable.

Herbs and roots dey kill but the fast and junk foods people consume every minute of the day is very ok right grin

The so called medical drugs aren't made from herbs and roots right undecided
Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by AfonjaScud: 8:23pm On Dec 24, 2023
On the contrary, apart from the fact that there is no statistical facts to back up this spurious claim, the fake and adulterated drugs, drinks, etc, produced and sold at igbo chemists all over Nigeria have killed more innocent people than terrorists bullets.
Re: How Agbo Is Killing Nigerians by ojonwamama: 9:31am On Jan 03
The antioxidants and phytochemicals gotten from the fermentation, boiling and other processing methods of the herbs, leaves and roots are good for the kidneys, liver and heart.

Only excessive intake of Agbo can be bad

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Look So Healthy And Yet My Manhood Keeps Misbehaving? / Genotype Asc / I Have A Ear Problem, Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.