Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu (24920 Views)

Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns / Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' / Buhari Regretted Some Of His Decisions As President – Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by peterboro: 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2023
WHICH CRISIS IN RIVERS PDP.

You don't even know how to justify the stupidity of you and your confused and selfish group.

Secondly, you talking about your love for Tunibu for appointing a Rivers son as a minister..as one the reason for your useless decision of defection.

SEE MUMU TALK. Keep loving him oo...

Law maker with an empty skull.

4 Likes

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by blackgold2018(m): 10:34pm On Dec 17, 2023
BondRiv:

Keep quiet. Enough with the Lagos is not Rivers State jingle. Was it not his godfather Wike that put him there? When Wike handpicked him and got him through the election, where were you? Yenyenyen. As if you know anything about politics. If you want to reject godfatherism, reject it from the outset. Which is what Fubara should have done. I dislike hypocrites.
a typical Yoruba slave has spoken.

If really you have been following this rivalry news btw the 2, you will know that Wike is unbearable. He wants full control of rivers resources.

Tinubu himself was smart enough to allow his stooges to work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by Sillymoderators: 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2023
Alphamarine:
No Godfatherism in Rivers state

If Wike wants to be a godfather he should change his state of origin to one of the Oduduwa states where slavery turns them on

PH no be Lagos and will never be till death

Even if Sim resigns and Wike appoints his younger brother, the Rivers blood in him will resist Godfatherism within a year

If he doesn’t resist Godfatherism then check well well he’s a product of infidelity or was adopted from Ekiti
Psychiatric patient.

1 Like

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by Smoothwave: 10:40pm On Dec 17, 2023
Alphamarine:

If Wike wants to be a godfather he should change his state of origin to one of the Oduduwa states where slavery turns them on

Even if Sim resigns and Wike appoints his younger brother, the Rivers blood in him will resist Godfatherism within a year

If he doesn’t resist Godfatherism then check well well he’s a product of infidelity or was adopted from Ekiti

Your brain is actually empty

1 Like

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by baralatie(m): 10:42pm On Dec 17, 2023
1TrippleCee:
grin
Youdey laf
Person wey him seat dey vacant talk say person wey get seat dey do family meeting
🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by BondRiv: 10:43pm On Dec 17, 2023
blackgold2018:

If really you have been following this rivalry news btw the 2, you will know that Wike is unbearable. He wants full control of rivers resources.

Perhaps you should know that I am a Rivers man and my sole reason of being here is to dispel the myths, misinformation and outright lies perpetrated here and in that process inform the members of this forum. It is a task I do not take lightly.

So know this, I am well aware of the facts, the rumours and the lies.

1 Like

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by favor914: 10:44pm On Dec 17, 2023
vanbonattel:
Amaewhule should go and sit down on a dustbin. That's where he belongs. They shouldn't disturb my governor from delivering his democracy dividends.

Rivers is not Lagos. We detest godfathers here.
Please Shut up, Inconsequential Irrelevant Thing, where were you when Nyesom Wike was single handedly installing this puppet as Governor of Rivers State?

1 Like

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by kasim155: 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2023
Alphamarine:

A fool is far better than you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by favor914: 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2023
blackgold2018:

Please Shut up, Oblivious Minded Shameless Thing.
Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by favor914: 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2023
kasim155:

A fool is far better than you.
Way better than that clueless alphamarine.
Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by LUAN(m): 10:56pm On Dec 17, 2023
BondRiv:

Perhaps you should know that I am a Rivers man and my sole reason of being here is to dispel the myths, misinformation and outright lies perpetrated here and in that process inform the members of this forum. It is a task I do not take lightly.

So know this, I am well aware of the facts, the rumours and the lies.
wow I like reading from intelligent people, how much them pay you for doing this. I hope it's enough beat this Tinubu hardship

2 Likes

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by duality(m): 10:58pm On Dec 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

That is not the point.

The law does not give other legislators the power to enforce the law

The right question is what does the constitution say about a quorum
What is the minimum number of legislators that can form a quorum
If there are 20 legislators and for any reason 18 are disqualified
Can the remaining 2 continue to pass laws?

Rivers state House of Assembly cannot seat with less than 11 members

You didn't answer my question. What does the law say about Legislators leaving their party.

It's a simple question.

You can't be talking about quorum, with people who are no longer legislators.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by favor914: 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2023
LUAN:
wow I like reading from intelligent people, how much them pay you for doing this. I hope it's enough beat this Tinubu hardship
Oblivious Shameless Almijiri it is Tinubu that caused the hardship that 4 persons passed your state budget?
Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by favor914: 11:01pm On Dec 17, 2023
duality:

You didn't answer my question. What does the law say about Legislators leaving their party.

It's a simple question.

If there is a division in the party you can cross carpet, take it to court, let theAPC Supreme Court Show you Agbadorians pepper again.

All eyes on the judiciary grin.
Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2023
Mumu man. Your people voted for you and then you decided to go and be doing boi boi for your fellow man

1 Like

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by Gajagojo: 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2023
duality:

It's a simple question.

I am sure you can answer yourself.
It is irrelevant
Whatever the law says still has to be enforced
It cannot be enforced by legislators

You answer the more relevant question
What does the Nigerian constitution say about the minimum number of legislators required to form a quorum in Rivers state?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by philasine(m): 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2023
When the table turns tomorrow i hope una go still suport SIM?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by favor914: 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2023
Spirit04:
Mumu man. Your people voted for you and then you decided to go and be doing boi boi for your fellow man
Who voted for him? Someone that was single handedly picked by Nyesom Wike.
Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by Dragonsword: 11:14pm On Dec 17, 2023
You and your co travelers are no longer law makers going by same constitution you've just quoted

1 Like

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by BondRiv: 11:18pm On Dec 17, 2023
duality:

What does the Law says about legislators leaving their party.

Defection does not automatically make you lose your seat. There are conditions stipulated in Section 109 (1) (g) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) which is clear. If their membership of another party is a result of division in the political party of which they were previously members or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which they were previously sponsored.

The lawmakers have cited one of those conditions which is division. Those opposed to their decision have to seek judicial interpretation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by franugo(m): 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2023
Tealcrestmedia:
The mistake Wike is making is to think that his popularity in R/S then was his making. Dude has a short memory span. The only reason he received overwhelming support from R/S folks was because of the hatred (at that time) we all had for Amaechi, who initiated the white elephant monorail project (even against expert advice) so that rivers money could be moved to fund PMB's election. He lost that favor when he (Wike) did what he did to Obi, and for thinking he has R/S people in his pocket is a fatal error.

It will shock those law makers when INEC will hold by elections for their positions and heaven will not fall. You've ruled your 8 years without interruption, even after an upland person ruled 8 years, now you want to disrupt a Riverine Governor's tenure, in less than 5 months, just dey play.
'

seconded...still amazes me till today the kind of foul play wike did during presidential election. I was in Rivers state at the time and the things I saw.....hmm, this country might never prosper in our lifetime honestly.

1 Like

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by favor914: 11:31pm On Dec 17, 2023
franugo:
'

seconded...still amazes me till today the kind of foul play wike did during presidential election. I was in Rivers state at the time and the things I saw..... hmm, this country might never prosper in our lifetime honestly.
Please Just speak for yourself, that you may never prosper in Nigeria in your lifetime.
Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by BondRiv: 11:33pm On Dec 17, 2023
Tealcrestmedia:
The mistake Wike is making is to think that his popularity in R/S then was his making. Dude has a short memory span. The only reason he received overwhelming support from R/S folks was because of the hatred (at that time) we all had for Amaechi, who initiated the white elephant monorail project (even against expert advice) so that rivers money could be moved to fund PMB's election. He lost that favor when he (Wike) did what he did to Obi, and for thinking he has R/S people in his pocket is a fatal error.

It will shock those law makers when INEC will hold by elections for their positions and heaven will not fall. You've ruled your 8 years without interruption, even after an upland person ruled 8 years, now you want to disrupt a Riverine Governor's tenure, in less than 5 months, just dey play.

You do not speak for Rivers people. Not even in your wildest dreams.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by favor914: 11:34pm On Dec 17, 2023
BondRiv:

Defection does not automatically make you lose your seat. There are conditions stipulated in Section 109 (1) (g) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) which is clear. If their membership of another party is a result of division in the political party of which they were previously members or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which they were previously sponsored.

The lawmakers have cited one of those conditions which is division. Those opposed to their decision have to seek judicial interpretation.
You are 100% correct, let those Fubara Agbadorians be deceiving themselves.

Vacant seats indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by favor914: 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2023
Tealcrestmedia:

Shameless Thing, a certified Hypocrite, See the monster you Agbadorians have created in Rivers State?

Nemesis has caught up with you.
Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 17, 2023
This one don follow drunkard go enter one chance.

1 Like

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by brightDdon(m): 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2023
Codedpriest:
ok
we don hear
leave am like that for us

😂 😂 😂
Very simple..... Leave like that for us we are very ok with anything in favor of Gov Sim and Edison

1 Like

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by duality(m): 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2023
BondRiv:

The supreme Court has already settled what constitute division in the party, as with the case of Ondo lawmaker.

It doesn't apply with rivers. So the division story doesn't fly, based on the law.

The law is clear on the issue of part division.

It's quite unfortunate that our courts are too corrupt. If not you won't be saying all these.

1 Like

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by duality(m): 11:54pm On Dec 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

I am sure you can answer yourself.
It is irrelevant
Whatever the law says still has to be enforced
It cannot be enforced by legislators

You answer the more relevant question
What does the Nigerian constitution say about the minimum number of legislators required to form a quorum in Rivers state?

Quorum, is based on the valid number of members of a legislative house. There's nothing specific about the number, if a good number, have lost their seats, by defecting to another party.

It's simple. Unless you don't believe in what the law says.

Look, the legislators you are supporting know they have lost their seats. They are only ground standing because of the impunity and corruption in our legal system .

Besides, they already procured a corrupt judge and handed him a judgement for tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, it leaked.

If we don't say the truth, we can't save this country.

1 Like

Re: Ehie Edison Has Been Holding Family Meetings, His Decisions Null, Void - Amaewhu by vanbonattel: 12:07am On Dec 18, 2023
favor914:
Please Shut up, Inconsequential Irrelevant Thing, where were you when Nyesom Wike was single handedly installing this puppet as Governor of Rivers State?

And so he can control up to 10 million of us just because he instead a puppet? I am not from your slavish region. I be Niger Delta, we don't bow to godfather criminals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Relocate Boko Haram Prisoners Out Of Igboland Now - Ohaneze Tells Buhari / 'Mama A, Wifey': Fani-Kayode As His Wife Precious Steps Out Looking Stunning / Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.