Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" (14567 Views)

One Missile Into Russia, Hundreds Of Warheads In Return - Putin Warns / Russia Threatens Finland After They Declares Plan To Join NATO / Russia Drills 700 Snipers Near Ukraine Border As Putin Warns NATO (Pix,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Aizenosa(m): 11:14am On Dec 18, 2023
Finland one of the most peaceful countries on earth, ah sighs.

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by richeeyo(m): 11:18am On Dec 18, 2023
kerry57:
Putin seems to be having a smooth ride in Ukraine now since America is more concerned about isreal for the now.
Why him no dey make all this noise as e dey hot that time when those machinery soldiers dey head to Moscow to kill am.
His no where close to having it oo, Russian soldiers and equipment have been waisting away back to back
Ukraine still confirmed they are yet to use buck of the western equipment
Just yesterday Russia shot down an SU 25
Later they realized it was theirs
See that level of confusion
Follow Denys Davydov on telegram
No one sided reporting and with video

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Abrahamweb(m): 11:23am On Dec 18, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Putin just dey get problem qith every body
It's strategic.
Russia and the collective South is dragging the collective West into different battle grounds thereby stretching their forces and resources thin.
By the time they realize it, it'll be too late.
Ukraine, Israel and now Finland.
Trouble for the collective West o
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Botragelad: 11:24am On Dec 18, 2023
Aizenosa:

Have you really asked your self why NATO as a body was formed in the 1st place, if you can sincerely answer that question and follow history, you will understand why Russia is not happy with anything called NATO.
Yeah I know why. Your point?
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Firstcitizen: 11:28am On Dec 18, 2023
obedience4:

NATO is a defensive alliance,
Russia has always been the most aggressive country in Europe,
Your point using the leopard illustration is flawed, Russia is the aggressor not the other way round
Ask your self what drove neutral Finland to NATO??
The senseless invasions of Ukraine made Finland a country that has been neutral for over a 100 year's( they were neutral during ww1amd ww2) to join a military alliance

I leave you now with a list to ponder on your " NATO is a defensive alliance blablabla" Now tell me from the list below where article 5 was invoked. Infact give me one example where article 5 was ever invoked with all the countless NATO operations in the World.

Bosnia and Herzegovina 1992
Kosovo-Montenegro-Serbia 1999
Somalia 2009
Libya 2011

NATO is a Tiger no one wants near the fence
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by ExudeLoveToAll: 11:30am On Dec 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
US don buy market for tiny Finland.

Naive Finland that has been forming Van Damme by keeping a wanted IPOB terrorist in their country. Smh.

Now Finland too have been jinxed by the unpatriotic elements, naysayers, cyberbullies, criminal defamers and bigots with their bad luck they gave GEJ, Donald Trump, Alhaji Atiku, Peter Obi ati be be lo. Everyone and every organisation they support will always end with bad luck.Smh.

I pity Sim Fubara. Check my signature for free stuffs!

You will be fine soon, it takes time but time heals all wounds. grin
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by ExudeLoveToAll: 11:33am On Dec 18, 2023
God1000:
Russia and Finland should sit down and settle this amicably.

Ukraine should be a lesson to both of them.

Finland is in already. They have to join NATO because assurances from Russia can't be taken hook line and sinker.

Russia gave Ukraine assurances in 1994 during denuclearization of Ukraine but they did otherwise and invaded Ukraine in 2014. How then will others trust Russia?

2 Likes

Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by ExudeLoveToAll: 11:36am On Dec 18, 2023
Only threat, article 5 is there for any NATO ally to activate.

Once you join NATO no one I repeat no one can attack you because the consequences are better imagined than experienced.

If he likes build military bases, you still can't cross the border to attack grin. Finland isn't attacking but they are protecting themselves from the Ukrainian experience in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by ExudeLoveToAll: 11:36am On Dec 18, 2023
Only thr.eat, article 5 is there for any NATO ally to activate.

Once you join NATO no one I repeat no one can attack you because the consequences are better imagined than experienced.

If he likes build military bases, you still can't cross the border to attack grin. Finland isn't attacking but they are protecting themselves from the Ukrainian experience in the future.
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by gare(f): 11:38am On Dec 18, 2023
Firstcitizen:

When your neighbour decides to rear leopards near your fence, hope you will repeat this nonsense when you start running from pillar to post to get him to remove the cats.

Fortify your fence 😂
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Judolisco(m): 11:39am On Dec 18, 2023
Dybala11:

Can you pray tell us how Ukraine allowed Europe and the US to drag it into an unnecessary war?
Why did Russia invade Crimea a part of Ukraine as far back as 2014?
Was it because of Europe and the US too?
I'm awaiting your reply o. Russia wey don even wage war on Ukraine as far as almost a decade ago, dey play.
d war is unnecessary, u don't fight a battle u know u can't win it's common sense.........before d war started there was a lot of meetings and I remember putin saying if Ukraine attempt to join NATO, it would trigger a war and he even said he is not scared to use his nuclear weapons if NATO interferes....y'all said he was bluffing and all... Now who is suffering? Ukraine is on d defensive, most of their infrastructures are gone, their legislators are busy bombing themselves at plenaries...all dis would have been avoided if Ukraine maintained neutrality

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by michaelbills(m): 11:54am On Dec 18, 2023
Where have you been homie? More than a year I saw a comment from you.

slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Putin just dey get problem qith every body
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by 11doubledee: 11:57am On Dec 18, 2023
rhames:

Remember the NATO promised Putin that there will be no expansion then? Putin is only holding them to their word. Not Islamic terrorist.
Putin doesn't want expansion of NATO but yet you threaten your neighbours.
What other choice do you have other than to join an alliance that will protect you.
Does Putin have any intentions to normalise talks with Ukraine or return Crimea if Ukraine withdraw it's bid to join NATO?
You'd be surprised he has an ulterior motive to seize the whole of Ukraine because he knows he can easily bully them.
This has been Ukraine's fear all along.
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by michaelbills(m): 11:58am On Dec 18, 2023
Russia knows the tricks of the west. They have convinced Finland so they can set up stations.I pity Finland. When two elephants fights the grass suffers.

Botragelad:
This bloke thinks he's a deity or what?
Finland, Ukraine, whatever country can join NATO if they fancy. That has nothing to do with Russia.
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by obedience4(m): 12:09pm On Dec 18, 2023
Firstcitizen:

I leave you now with a list to ponder on your " NATO is a defensive alliance blablabla" Now tell me from the list below where article 5 was invoked. Infact give me one example where article 5 was ever invoked with all the countless NATO operations in the World.

Bosnia and Herzegovina 1992
Kosovo-Montenegro-Serbia 1999
Somalia 2009
Libya 2011

NATO is a Tiger no one wants near the fence

I think you should read more about the NATO intervention in Bosnia intervention, NATO was only enforcing united nation resolution
They am were also enforcing a no flight zone resolution by the UN security council.
Note NATO was enforcing the no flights zone as mandated by the UN when a USA jet was shut down
Read about the "Srebrenica massacar"
We're over 7,000 civilians were killed by Bosnian Serbs that resulted in a meeting in London and brought NATO military involvement in Bosnia.

NATO in Kosovo was because of the ethnic cleansing of Albanians and Yugoslavia refusal to sign the UN peace plan theRambouillet Agreement, led to NATO intervention
Although they didn't seem UN approval as the Bosnian intervention.

NATO was never in Somalia, only the USA military intervene in Somalia, and this intervention was justified.

Same as Bosnian NATO was implementing a united nations security council resolution.
Note China and Russia are perment members of TH UN security council.

Also article 5 was invoked after the 9/11 attacks in the USA

2 Likes

Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by NwekereNdokl: 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2023
Putin should just shut up
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Ghostagain: 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

Finland is in already. They have to join NATO because assurances from Russia can't be taken hook line and sinker.

Russia gave Ukraine assurances in 1994 during denuclearization of Ukraine but they did otherwise and invaded Ukraine in 2014. How then will others trust Russia?
Actually, the government to which Russia, the USA and France and Germany gave security guarantees was overthrown in a coup orchestrated by the USA. It is that coup which first broke the agreement.
Then the coup government of Ukraine was rejected by Ukrainian-Russians and Ukraine coup government started calling them terrorists and trying to exterminate them, with all the support of the west and NATO.
Then Russia did a deal with Ukraine France and Germany to stop all that rubbish, it was called Minsk agreement. After signing, Ukraine did not implement and its western allies supported its behaviour. Then that agreement fell apart, then Russia did an other agreement, Minsk 2, Ukraine did not implement once again and its western friends supported that behaviour.
8 years of Ukraine violating all agreements and doing genocide against Russians, and then claiming to soon get nukes and join NATO !
When Russia finally acts, out of a sudden, it is Russia which breaks agreements 😂🤡

Ok.
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by SaLongs1(m): 12:47pm On Dec 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Naive Finland that has been forming Van Damme by keeping a wanted IPOB terrorist in their country. Smh.

Now Finland too have been jinxed by the unpatriotic elements, naysayers, cyberbullies, criminal defamers and bigots with their bad luck they gave GEJ, Donald Trump, Alhaji Atiku, Peter Obi ati be be lo. Everyone and every organisation they support will always end with bad luck.Smh.

Anyone who deliberately markets authoritarian dictatorship is a stupid idiot!!
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by SaLongs1(m): 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2023
Ghostagain:

Actually, the government to which Russia, the USA and France and Germany gave security guarantees was overthrown in a coup orchestrated by the USA. It is that coup which first broke the agreement.
Then the coup government of Ukraine was rejected by Ukrainian-Russians and Ukraine coup government started calling them terrorists and trying to exterminate them, with all the support of the west and NATO.
Then Russia did a deal with Ukraine France and Germany to stop all that rubbish, it was called Minsk agreement. After signing, Ukraine did not implement and its western allies supported its behaviour. Then that agreement fell apart, then Russia did an other agreement, Minsk 2, Ukraine did not implement once again and its western friends supported that behaviour.
8 years of Ukraine violating all agreements and doing genocide against Russians, and then claiming to soon get nukes and join NATO !
When Russia finally acts, out of a sudden, it is Russia which breaks agreements 😂🤡

Ok.
Most of the stupid idiots marketing totalitarian dictatorships are people who will never cope with living in North Korea which is why I call them stupid idiots.
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Ghostagain: 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2023
SaLongs1:
Most of the stupid idiots marketing totalitarian dictatorships are people who will never cope with living in North Korea which is why I call them stupid idiots.
I have no idea of why you quoted me. You sound like a kid throwing temper tantrums.
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Ghostagain: 12:58pm On Dec 18, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

The coup done by the USA and its agents in Ukraine is what broke the agreement.
Russia didn't invade Ukraine in 2014. You don't know the situation at all.
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2023
Ghostagain:

The coup done by the USA and its agents in Ukraine is what broke the agreement.
Russia didn't invade Ukraine in 2014. You don't know the situation at all.

Which coup? Those who did the revolution aren't they Ukrainians? Don't Ukrainian have rights to seek alternative Governance in their country? All the coup that had happened in Russia what has that has to do with Ukraine?

You are saying the Ukrainians don't have right to revolt and usher in another government they so wish to just as Russians have been doing for centuries isn't it?

Russia has no right to intervene in Ukrainian internal or domestic affairs, Russians coup one can't even count it. Do they even do elections in Russia? Anything goes as to selection of leaders in Russia and why will the Ukrainians be different.

That denuclearization agreement which they truncated had led others always feel insecure because Russia can't be trusted to keep its own treaty it enters. The NATO alliance has been there for it's member state why won't Finland and Sweden join?

Russia can only bark mutually assured destruction for enemies MAD enshrined in article 5 of NATO treaty won't allow them to do the unthinkable.
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Gbadebo19(m): 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Putin is a very big idiot.
While the fool is still dragging 600 miles with Ukraine, another 830 miles has been lost to NATO. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Ghostagain: 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

Which coup? Those who did the revolution aren't they Ukrainians? Don't Ukrainian have rights to seek alternative Governance in their country? All the coup that had happened in Russia what has that has to do with Ukraine?

You are saying the Ukrainians don't have right to revolt and usher in another government they so wish to just as Russians have been doing for centuries isn't it?

Russia has no right to intervene in Ukrainian internal or domestic affairs, Russians coup one can't even count it. Do they even do elections in Russia? Anything goes as to selection of leaders in Russia and why will the Ukrainians be different.

That denuclearization agreement which they truncated had led others always feel insecure because Russia can't be trusted to keep its own treaty it enters. The NATO alliance has been there for it's member state why won't Finland and Sweden join?

Russia can only bark mutually assured destruction for enemies MAD enshrined in article 5 of NATO treaty won't allow them to do the unthinkable.

1. I feel like I already responded to most of what you are making mistakes about in this your comment. Try and read before replying. Have it again:
Ghostagain:

Ok.

2. You really don't know anything about Russia or Russian history. Just to help you a little bit, let me inform you that most of Ukraine has been part of Russia for centuries. The separation only occured in 1991 or 1992.
Why are you commenting on a topic on which you know nothing ? Shouldn't you go and learn instead ?

2 Likes

Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Aizenosa(m): 1:15pm On Dec 18, 2023
I pity people shouting authoritative rule, but you forgot that the prosperous days of Africa was authoritarian. Let me ask you, what has democracy brought to Africa as a continent.

The West are indirectly ruling countries in Africa authoritarianly, how you ask, by 1st meddling in your politics, installing persons who will dance to their tune, this is what happened in Ukraine politics as a sample and Ukraine went from a neutral state to a pro western state.
Lybia is another classic example.

America and it's allies cannot influence a country if the country has no political structure.

That's why America wants to infiltrate Russia and China by all means. These are the last strongholds of authoritarian rules and the places American has no say.
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Firstcitizen: 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2023
obedience4:

I think you should read more about the NATO intervention in Bosnia intervention, NATO was only enforcing united nation resolution
They am were also enforcing a no flight zone resolution by the UN security council.
Note NATO was enforcing the no flights zone as mandated by the UN when a USA jet was shut down
Read about the "Srebrenica massacar"
We're over 7,000 civilians were killed by Bosnian Serbs that resulted in a meeting in London and brought NATO military involvement in Bosnia.

Stop saying what you do not know with confidence. lol
Below is an extract from Final Report by the UN Committee Established to Review the NATO Bombing Campaign Against the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia
"NATO’s resort to force was not authorized by the Security Council or in self-defence, that the resort to force was illegal and, consequently, all force"

obedience4:

NATO in Kosovo was because of the ethnic cleansing of Albanians and Yugoslavia refusal to sign the UN peace plan theRambouillet Agreement, led to NATO intervention
Although they didn't seem UN approval as the Bosnian intervention.

Interesting, very interesting. Your defence alliance does not need UN approval before bombing another country that is NOT a NATO
member....but Russia does. Anyway the final report by the UN comittee says it all or should we take your own personal report

obedience4:

NATO was never in Somalia, only the USA military intervene in Somalia, and this intervention was justified.

Really, Unilaterally bombing another nation is justified by US definition but Russian intervention in Ukraine is not justified by Russian definition. lol

obedience4:

Also article 5 was invoked after the 9/11 attacks in the USA
I will have to agree with you on this only although I did not include Afghanistan on my list.

Waiting patiently for your response on the reckless, offensive attack on Libya, regime change and total reduction of the country to failed state by Nato , the almighty defence alliance which destabilised sub saharan Africa by free flow of weapons.
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2023
Ghostagain:

1. I feel like I already responded to most of what you are making mistakes about in this your comment. Try and read before replying. Have it again:

2. You really don't know anything about Russia or Russian history. Just to help you a little bit, let me inform you that most of Ukraine has been part of Russia for centuries. The separation only occured in 1991 or 1992.
Why are you commenting on a topic on which you know nothing ? Shouldn't you go and learn instead ?

I think I will have to call it quits with you Mr Reservoir of Russians knowledge grin.

Empty barrels make the loudest noise

Have a good day.

Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Edusouls(m): 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2023
Chienex24:

Yes ooo Hail mighty Russia! They defeated 32 countries in one battle!! Oya, Oga rest....
chai western ass lickers the thing pain una, waiting una see no be what una expect, hei yaa sorry
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Ghostagain: 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

I think I will have to call it quits with you Mr Reservoir of Russians knowledge grin.

Empty barrels make the loudest noise

Have a good day.

I'm not an expert, I only happen to never talk about things I know nothing about except I'm asking for literature to learn about them.

I don't understand how a person can just go about arguing about something he has zero knowledge about. Only kids could be excused for acting in this way. Are you a kid ?
And you seem a lot like the empty barrels which you are talking about.
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Ghostagain: 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2023
richeeyo:

His no where close to having it oo, Russian soldiers and equipment have been waisting away back to back
Ukraine still confirmed they are yet to use buck of the western equipment
Just yesterday Russia shot down an SU 25
Later they realized it was theirs
See that level of confusion
Follow Denys Davydov on telegram
No one sided reporting and with video
Denys Davydov is a Ukrainian propagandist. You are just chewing in propaganda.
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Chienex24(m): 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2023
Edusouls:
chai western ass lickers the thing pain una, waiting una see no be what una expect, hei yaa sorry

E still dey pain me sef.... Chai!! Russia strong wella oo!!
Re: Putin Warns Of Problems With Finland After West "Dragged It Into NATO" by Firstcitizen: 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2023
gare:

Fortify your fence 😂

With wetin naa. Leopard wey dey climb tree. In Nigeria, area pipo go gather and the neighbour go collect sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Germany to Allow Gender and Name Changes Once A Year / Islamic State Group Claims Responsibility For Uganda Bombings / Israel’s Netanyahu Rebuffs US Plea To Halt Rafah Offensive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.