Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists (11020 Views)

Petroleum Institute Finally Completes Its Modular Refinery, Ready To Compete / Por Harcourt Refinery Rushes To Meet December Deadline, Serious Work Going On / Petroleum: Aradel Holdings Modular Refinery Ready For Operation Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by ManirBK: 9:02am On Dec 18, 2023
The end of December timeline for mechanical completion of the Port Harcourt Refinery Company (PHRC) remains sacrosanct, says the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL).

“We have said from time that by the end of December, the mechanical completion of the refinery will be completed. Yes, we are still maintaining that. Nothing has changed,” NNPC Chief Communications Officer Olufemi Soneye told The Nation yesterday.

Soneye had on November 6, 2023, assured that the NNPCL was optimistic about the completion of the rehabilitation this month.

He said that owing to the assurance the contractors gave the oil giant, nothing had so far altered the completion date.

He added: “What they (contractors) said is that all things working well, the refineries will be working in December and January.

“That is what has been there and that is what the contractors have said. And we are working on that timeline.

“And as NNPC, we are going around on every milestone we are pushing out information. So, we are working on that December/January.

You know I am not the contractor, my own is to report.

“The assurance we have is that December/January, the refineries will be working.

“And nothing has happened as of now to change that or to move it forward so we are on course.

“If anything changes, I will defer to you that this is going to happen. But in terms of the timeline, the timeline is still on course.”

Minister of State for Petroleum (Oil) Heineken Lokpobiri while inspecting the rehabilitation, said that the NNPCL should be accountable if the December end timeline was not met.

The rehabilitation of the 110,000 barrels per day Kaduna Refinery and Petrochemicals Company Limited (KRPC) is expected to be completed between October and December 2024. The work was awarded last February to a South Korean firm, Daewoo E&C at $740.6 million.

https://thenationonlineng.net/port-harcourt-refinery-ready-this-month-nnpcl-insists/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by ManirBK: 9:02am On Dec 18, 2023
Good news!

pls no Bad mouth abeg!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by DEXTROVERT: 9:08am On Dec 18, 2023
Wanted
To
Be
Happy
Until
I
Saw
The nation newspaper

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by Josywhyte: 9:08am On Dec 18, 2023
You're lying. That refinery is nowhere bear complete not to talk of to begin operations...scam and audio completion.
Believe him at ur own peril

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by Kenochi(m): 9:10am On Dec 18, 2023
The people at NNPCL are playing snakes and ladders with themselves,it seems they don't understand nobody takes them serious
If they like they should start tomorrow,that is their business.I expect that this Government should do a serious inventory on all NNPCL assets which include all the Scrap metals called Refineries,Depots located in all the six regions and what have you
This will allow Government auction off the ones that they will and retain the ones that they will,there is no need spending money on something that is unproductive
This Government should take the bull by the horn and strip NNPCL or their powers,sell off those scrap metals to serious private individuals who will make the place productive

Dangote Refinery has made the people at NNPCL know that all this shakara go soon end my people,let them keep wasting scare forex on projects that will become an avenue for abandoned projects

Kindly visit my signature for good properties at the Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by christejames(m): 9:11am On Dec 18, 2023
These people just see Nigerians as fools

13 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by tollyboy5(m): 9:12am On Dec 18, 2023
By January 21st.

Yes we remain steadfast in the opening of Rivers refinery. What we did not mention is the exact year, we actually meant December 2024

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by GoodRocks: 9:16am On Dec 18, 2023
Believe this trash at your own peril.

This is just an avenue to loot!
Nigeria is gone!

All thanks to Tinubu and yollluba people for bringing this calamity on us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by nedu666: 9:18am On Dec 18, 2023
What of dangote? Abi he hasn't started processing the crude oil he received

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by GoodRocks: 9:19am On Dec 18, 2023
christejames:
These people just see Nigerians as fools

Honestly! It beats my imagination how these people keep seeing the Yolubas as foools because they can't think.

Tinubu is just using Yoluba people because he knows they'll always support him because he is their tribesman even though a monumental failure

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by dominique(f): 9:25am On Dec 18, 2023
I will believe this once the refinery resumes operations. Dangote must never be allowed to monopolize fuel production in this country, we go hear wennn!

8 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by Ikaeniyan0: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2023
I will believe the NNPCL rather than IPOBdients.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by Ikaeniyan0: 9:32am On Dec 18, 2023
nedu666:
What of dangote? Abi he hasn't started processing the crude oil he received
Dangote is still expecting some crude

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by Solsix(m): 11:09am On Dec 18, 2023
No be this Dec? Abi them get another one??

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by phemmie06(m): 11:19am On Dec 18, 2023
Call me when you begin productive and profitable output

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by OKUCHI11(m): 11:19am On Dec 18, 2023
okay
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by Enddy50ty(m): 11:19am On Dec 18, 2023
It’s like the more working refineries we have, the higher the cost of fuel ⛽️ in this country.

Omo make dem hold their unproductive audio refinery.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by finallybusy: 11:19am On Dec 18, 2023
The temperature will become a million times hotter if true. This can go different ways:

1. We’ll keep hearing “completion set for this month” every month from January next year till further notice.

2. The refinery will work properly. Its activities combined with illegal refining will make Rivers state a sweltering, soot-filled hell for citizens. Expect many people to relocate from the state.

3. Lack of maintenance will result in a start and stop cycle of affairs.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by Lovemeharder(f): 11:20am On Dec 18, 2023
Na so.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by Vifx: 11:20am On Dec 18, 2023
Lol
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by ATEAMS: 11:20am On Dec 18, 2023
Oyyana
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by brushesz: 11:20am On Dec 18, 2023
Ok
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by phemmie06(m): 11:21am On Dec 18, 2023
I tire o

Solsix:
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by Starships4u(m): 11:21am On Dec 18, 2023
The non-mechanical nko?
This one's wan use English wound person...

Later yhu all would hear the non-mechanical aspect wasn't ready that's why we didn't take off operations....
Nigeria na joke sha.....and let's assume it is fixed and starts functioning with funds from the government pockets, just watch how it'd be privatized immediately and one Oando PLC would bid for it and win.... albeit secretly...

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by phemmie06(m): 11:21am On Dec 18, 2023
Na mechanical completion

Cunning man die, wayo man bury am

Solsix:

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by Yelight(m): 11:22am On Dec 18, 2023
We don't want mechanically complete, that was how you guys said boko haram had been technically defeated then. Speak simple English. Tell us Port Harcourt Refinery is working simple!!!

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by safarilove(m): 11:22am On Dec 18, 2023
ok
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by JibolaAy0: 11:22am On Dec 18, 2023
If you know you know
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by Decarbonisation: 11:22am On Dec 18, 2023
Lol.

These guys love to deceive themselves and some gullible fools out there.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Ready This Month, NNPCL Insists by Angelfrost(m): 11:22am On Dec 18, 2023
Okay... Let me see what fuel marketers will say by the end of January 2024.

A government without transparency will never endear itself to its citizens.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Remember Me As a Conqueror Of “vicious” Godfathers In Edo - Adams Oshiomhole / Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Traditional Rulers. / H.I.D Awolowo Clocks 98 Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.