Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee (46582 Views)

BUA Cement Graduate Engineer Trainee/ Trainee Operator / Apply For Exxonmobil Graduate Trainee 2020 / Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by fisimaster: 6:58am On Apr 14
Good morning , guys happy Sunday
As much as it pains me to say this but the truth is if your application is still on under review as of now it’s best to not put your mind on it . I applied for some other Exxon Mobil positions and I didn’t get a feedback from them to do a test or whatever and the application still shows “application received” which most likely means they update application status only when the applicant has been shortlisted for the next stage.

Then again anything can happen some people might still get selected for interview with out application status changing, who knows

But if your status hasn’t changed then you know what it most likely means

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by fisimaster: 7:02am On Apr 14
Secondly for those that are going to be doing their interview
Both graduate engineers and experienced hires
Please let us know how the interview goes in full detail Abeg (e.g the questions they were asking, the questions that caught you off guard that you would’ve answered well had you have prepared more etc) should in case we try our luck next time and we make it to the interview stage

Also for guys that got their interview invitations (I know this is a silly question to ask)
But how did the test go for you
Did you genuinely know you did well?
How many maths questions were you able to get their answers
Etc
This can help put the mind of people hopeful or people wondering why they didn’t get selected at ease

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by Babalolaazeez: 7:16am On Apr 14
You are right bro. I applied for one TotalEnergies job this time last year, my portal has been showing application received till this moment
fisimaster:
As much as it pains me to say this but the truth is if your application is still on under review as of now it’s best to not put your mind on it . I applied for some other Exxon Mobil positions and I didn’t get a feedback from them to do a test or whatever and the application still shows “application received” which most likely means they update application status only when the applicant has been shortlisted for the next stage.

Then again anything can happen some people might still get selected for interview with out application status changing, who knows

Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by Babalolaazeez: 7:25am On Apr 14
I guess atimes, if you applied for a job without possessing their necessary requirements, they wont review your application. That's why it stay at application received
fisimaster:

Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by Viceroy007: 7:59am On Apr 14
For the graduate engineer role, if in your application, you stated that you're currently working elsewhere at the moment, they must have skipped you. I guess that was the mistake I made.
Especially if you work in a reputable establishment.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by ennyj01(m): 8:36am On Apr 14
Viceroy007:
For the graduate engineer role, if in your application, you stated that you're currently working elsewhere at the moment, they must have skipped you. I guess that was the mistake I made.

Hi. This is not true.
Your working anywhere won't affect your chances with Exxon

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by Giftega(m): 9:43am On Apr 14
Viceroy007:

This is very wrong! Exxon values your credible experience much more than your grades.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by Viceroy007: 9:51am On Apr 14
Okay
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by Hunter102: 9:52am On Apr 14
Make una chill, change of status for test never came once so if they are still changing status, we will know this week. If not, all the best to the selected Applicants.

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by Ejay222: 3:33pm On Apr 14
Does anyone know what the interview process is like for Experienced Hires?

It appears we will be having two interviews, one technical and the other non-technical, but i'm not sure. I just know I've got to appear at Exxon on Monday (tomorrow) and Tuesday (next day) as per their invitation. The first invite noted to be prepared for technical exercises and candidate should be equipped with a scientific calculator.

Anyone has any insights? Any interview questions from those who have experienced the process before will also help.

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by NUGBVB1909: 3:37pm On Apr 14
Viceroy007:

Wrong! It's rather the opposite, they will be more eager to assess you.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by StDaniel2: 3:44pm On Apr 14
Ejay222:

It appears we will be having two interviews, one technical and the other non-technical, but i'm not sure. I just know I've got to appear at Exxon on Monday (tomorrow) and Tuesday (next day) as per their invitation. The first invite noted to be prepared for technical exercises and candidate should be equipped with a scientific calculator.

Anyone has any insights? Any interview questions from those who have experienced the process before will also help.

Honestly that sounds good. It's better than spacing everything out. You might even get a feedback before this week ends. W.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by NUGBVB1909: 3:46pm On Apr 14
Ejay222:

Really, mine is just the one face-to-face interview for 45 mins. You see this was why I asked earlier if there was going to be a skilled test. The recruitment process in 2019 for EH was just skil- test (discipline-based), then interview round 1, and a final interview before the medicals and offer; there was no aptitude test (only for GTs). Apparently, they are taking a different approach this time around. Do you mind if I ask how many years of experience you have? I just want to get clarity here.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by NUGBVB1909: 3:47pm On Apr 14
Ejay222:

Really, mine is just the one face-to-face interview for 45 mins. You see this was why I asked earlier if there was going to be a skilled test. The recruitment process in 2019 for EH was just skil- test (discipline-based), then interview round 1, and a final interview before the medicals and offer; there was no aptitude test (only for GTs). Apparently, they are taking a different approach this time around. Do you mind if I ask how many years of experience you have? I just want to get clarity here.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by ExpertNLer: 4:47pm On Apr 14
Those who are applying and were told to bring scientific calculator what role? The other person I believe is for RE
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by fisimaster: 6:43pm On Apr 14
NUGBVB1909:

Bro this is unrelated and probably a silly question to ask but please when you did the aptitude test like how many questions were you able to get their answers in the mathematics section

Also how was the test overall
Did you know you killed it
Or it didn’t go so well and you were surprised that they called you for the next stage

This question also applies to other guys that had their application status changed from under review to application in progress

And the purpose of this question is so people who haven’t gotten positive feedback so far can know where to put their mind and also know how to jazz up for the should in case we want to do a similar aptitude test for Exxon Mobil in the nearest future
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by NUGBVB1909: 8:18pm On Apr 14
fisimaster:

Bro this is unrelated and probably a silly question to ask but please when you did the aptitude test like how many questions were you able to get their answers in the mathematics section

Also how was the test overall
Did you know you killed it
Or it didn’t go so well and you were surprised that they called you for the next stage

This question also applies to other guys that had their application status changed from under review to application in progress

And the purpose of this question is so people who haven’t gotten positive feedback so far can know where to put their mind and also know how to jazz up for the should in case we want to do a similar aptitude test for Exxon Mobil in the nearest future

Silly questions are usually the right ones that most are not bold enough to ask. But sincerely, in this situation how can one know the questions you got correctly, there is no feedback on that ( I have written some tests where your results are displayed immediately after the test).

Having said that, aptitude tests are speed and accuracy tests, and as such you may not necessarily recall all the questions and answers, and for me I don't necessarily do exact calculations, mostly mental maths techniques (you have to learn how to use approximation techniques to close in on the right answer, i.e intelligent guessing techniques). There are online resources that can help you learn such techniques and prepare better for such tests.

Did I know I killed it? Well, I can only say my confidence level for each of them is as follows:

Abstract: Very high, perhaps confident enough to say I should be hitting the above 90% mark. Had sufficient time remaining to go through each question again to dot the i's and cross the t's and still had about a minute remaining.

Verbal: High - say the 80%ish mark. Had some time remaining to also revise my answers but not as much as for the Abstract test.

Quantitative: Mid to high - I couldn't finish but I must admit it wasn't also one of my best. I had a very bad start (perhaps due to insufficient preparations unlike the ones I have done in the past) and that affected me all the way, I only properly attempted like 75% of the questions, the remaining were intelligent guessing cool.

In a nutshell, preparation is key, aptitude tests are methodological tests that require some level of training just like IELTS, GRE/GMAT, etc.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by StDaniel2: 8:20pm On Apr 14
NUGBVB1909:

Silly questions are usually the right ones that most are not bold enough to ask. But sincerely, in this situation how can one know the questions you got correctly, there is no feedback on that ( I have written some tests where your results are displayed immediately after the test).

Having said that, aptitude tests are speed and accuracy tests, and as such you may not necessarily recall all the questions and answers, and for me I don't necessarily do exact calculations, mostly mental maths techniques (you have to learn how to use approximation techniques to close in on the right answer, i.e intelligent guessing techniques). There are online resources that can help you learn such techniques and prepare better for such tests.

Did I know I killed it? Well, I can only say my confidence level for each of them is as follows:

Abstract: Very high, perhaps confident enough to say I should be hitting the above 90% mark. Had sufficient time remaining to go through each question again to dot the i's and cross the t's and still had about a minute remaining.

Verbal: High - say the 80%ish mark. Had some time remaining to also revise my answers but not as much as for the Abstract test.

Quantitative: Mid to high - I couldn't finish but I must admit it wasn't also one of my best. I had a very bad start (perhaps due to insufficient preparations unlike the ones I have done in the past) and that affected me all the way, I only properly attempted like 75% of the questions, the remaining were intelligent guessing cool.

In a nutshell, preparation is key, aptitude tests are methodological tests that require some level of training just like IELTS, GRE/GMAT, etc.

In other words, you killed it, lol.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by fisimaster: 8:24pm On Apr 14
StDaniel2:

He overkill am my brother 😂😂
I Dey talk am say People deyyy

Abeg other people that got invites or that had their application status changed to application in progress please mic is over to you 🎤
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by Hunter102: 9:05pm On Apr 14
StDaniel2:

Did you study Chem. Engr.?
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by StDaniel2: 9:12pm On Apr 14
fisimaster:

He overkill am my brother 😂😂
I Dey talk am say People deyyy

Abeg other people that got invites or that had their application status changed to application in progress please mic is over to you 🎤
I killed it.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by Haxeel: 9:34pm On Apr 14
How far StDaniel
GT'S received mail yet?

StDaniel2:

I killed it.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by StDaniel2: 10:09pm On Apr 14
Haxeel:
How far StDaniel
GT'S received mail yet?

Not yet. It took two days after the EH status changed for the GT status to change, so hopefully the sae will follow for the invitations. We can expect them by tomorrow, which will hopefully be the latest.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by kkash: 12:25am On Apr 15
No invite yet.....status changed to application in progress buh no mail invite....EH, instrument, Control and electrical
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by ExpertNLer: 5:46am On Apr 15
Was the test physical or remote
kkash:
No invite yet.....status changed to application in progress buh no mail invite....EH, instrument, Control and electrical
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by fisimaster: 5:57am On Apr 15
kkash:

When did it change?
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by ExpertNLer: 6:31am On Apr 15
That had been answered earlier 27/3/2024
fisimaster:

When did it change?
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by ThrustReverser(m): 6:58am On Apr 15
So no more status update for GTs with "application under review?" Does it mean it took them only a day (Thursday) to update the status of the ones that were shortlisted?
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by kkash: 7:16am On Apr 15
ExpertNLer:
Was the test physical or remote

Remote

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by Hunter102: 7:26am On Apr 15
ThrustReverser:
So no more status update for GTs with "application under review?" Does it mean it took them only a day (Thursday) to update the status of the ones that were shortlisted?
Move on.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by mictom: 7:40am On Apr 15
Hi all

Is there anyone here with a status change who did the test physically? All status change identified are from people who did the test virtually
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by ExpertNLer: 7:58am On Apr 15
Is this for GT or for EH. In my experience so far the people whose status has changed to In progress so far did physically, haven't seen any remote for GT yet
mictom:
Hi all

Is there anyone here with a status change who did the test physically? All status change identified are from people who did the test virtually

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply)

Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified / Nigerian Employers Really Need To Stop This [picture] / Recruitment Into The Nigeria Police Force As Cadet ASP

Viewing this topic: StDaniel2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.