Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) (25649 Views)

Por Harcourt Refinery Rushes To Meet December Deadline, Serious Work Going On / Port Harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations December — Tinubu / Akwa Ibom: FG Recommences Payment Of N20,000 To Vulnerable Homes In 9 LGAs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by RepoMan007: 1:28pm On Dec 21, 2023
nairalanda1:

Landing cost as at October was N720 per liter. Cost of fuel then was N580-700. Oga, you better believe it...lol.

Tinubu and company are not to be trusted. Like all politicans. cheesy
if salary can be paid, TAM done and resuables bought all the years the refinery was comatose, even a 100% subsidy can't justify any failings going forward.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by nairalanda1(m): 1:31pm On Dec 21, 2023
RepoMan007:
if salary can be paid, TAM done and resuables bought all the years the refinery was comatose, even a 100% subsidy can't justify any failings going forward.

And then at the end of the day, they still have to pay salaries...meaning NNPC has to run at a profit. Bye subsidy.

Any government thinking of subsidy, even if na Peter Obi, can't pay for it now. Years of mismanagement has left us with hefty debts to pay, and government is still taking more loans.

At the end, it is unfortunate Tinubu is paying subsidy, but if he or anyone wants the refineries to work, he has to remove subsidy, and force NNPC to work for its money. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by Benblaq(m): 1:34pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ofunaofu:
I hope it wasn't hurriedly put up to give an impression that the deadline was met
My thought too.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by Ibrahimmufutau: 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2023
waynetee:
OBJ, obidafties and other enemies of Nigeria wil be sad right now.
Congratulations Patriotic Nigerians
May God almighty guide this Tinubu led administration to right path and help our beloved motherland to shackles off the bondage of porverties in all ramifications. Albinito, this should be horizon of more good dividends of democracy to come. May God continuing blessing this great country and her compatriots.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by Donpre(m): 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
Brought to you by the directors of Nigeria Air
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by Fearyourcreator: 2:08pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ofunaofu:
I hope it wasn't hurriedly put up to give an impression that the deadline was met
Wahala... If them no do wahala, dem do wahala... Eti yawerey gan ooo

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by blackedwin: 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2023
Since this news broke out,I couldn’t help but weep for my dear country Nigeria,I’m currently working as a reliability engineer in Bonny oil and gas Terminal which is the major crude oil delivery point to PH Refinery. There are two streams of pumping stations here one for ship loading and the other crude oil transfer to refinery.for 6yrs now working here all we do is to maintain the 2 streams of pumping stations.Currently in service is the crude oil ship loading pumps cos we load oil tankers occasionally due to TNP line sabotage,the refinery pumps are currently not in service and I’m wondering where they got crude oil to start up the refinery maybe through other means and I hope it’s a sustainable process.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by pocom35: 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
Opolopoopolonio:
Hallelujah!!!

Dangote can go to hell

His yanga is nauseating angry
lol you are telling someone that has built a 650,000bpd refinery to go to hell because of a mere 60,000 bpd rusting plant that is partially back to life?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2023
God bless president Bola Ahmed Tinubu for this great achievement
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by Livingstone124: 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:
Until, I see one or two tankers load PMS comot from there...I no go believe.

If you like call me any name you like. Nigeria don too show person shege. People wey go rent Ethiopian airlines aircraft, paint am Nigeria Air are capable of doing anything...

My skepticism is justified by thousands of fake promises and sham projects politicians don unleash on us in this country
bros i support your comment with my 10k salary
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by Olaideolayemi(m): 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
If it's true...we shall see!!!
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by Opolopoopolonio: 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2023
pocom35:

lol you are telling someone that has built a 650,000bpd refinery to go to hell because of a mere 60,000 bpd rusting plant that is partially back to life?

Then why is he taking us for a ride?
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by newnigerdelta00: 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2023
reiddecuti:
Let's watch and see. Nigeria government have successfully turned Nigerians to be Thomas, no longer believing what they hear from the government but seeing.

That's to say seeing is believing. Until I see petroleum products from the refinery hitting the street, I ain't believing.

Buhari scamming Pro Max loading...

This no be issue of me not wanting Nigeria to work. This promises have been going on even before I was born in the 80s but here we are today. More promises upon promises and still nothing to show for it.

It seems that Nigeria is more talented in creating problems than solving one. One example is the scarcity of Naira. The problem has been created and every ending of the year it will resurface just like scarcity of PMS, not being able to provide substantial megawatts of electricity to power the industries, SMEs, etc.

Tinubu on swearing in pronounced subsidy gone and promised palliative, up till now, nothing.

The npower has been promised too, until now, nothing. 30k to the civil servants, how many months have gone still no wave from the government and many numerous promises made that their gullible followers are applauding.

Buhari did so with Dangote refinery and it took them months before production started and still the major commodity which is the PMS we were told have not started been produced.

Like I said, until PMS from PH refinery hitting the street, I ain't believing...

Until we start getting serious in this country, there's nothing tangible will be achieved.

Instead of you to say thanks to God you are there doubting...
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by xtimconsult(m): 3:57pm On Dec 21, 2023
abdeefggh:
Only Jabagaban can make this happen, mr talk and do

Dey play... 11 second video... For such achievement... You and your social media work for tinubu are all joking
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by MasterTeeUSA: 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
Welcome Back Nairalanders. You don't appreciate what you have till you lose it for real. Everyday, I kept checking and checking...congrats to us all LOL

Yourprick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu4YoxaYe3A?si=1ue_HY1VNsRYYwi-

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/12/21/just-in-port-harcourt-refinery-recommences-operation/
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by Aleem26(m): 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2023
Make una deh whine una sef…na white I wear Comot for house this morning…stain for don full am for black soot
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by seborrhic: 4:46pm On Dec 21, 2023
AbleBouncer:
I now understand why some guys were painting this lines as if their lives depends on it, kwikwikkwik, so because they rushed nd put on the flary means it has started operation ba.
The average Nigerian has refused to have sense despite being deceived for decades.
At least any person above 18years that witnessed Buhari should by now have sense to question and scrutinize anything any Nigerian government, especially that of APC that is built and came to power on propaganda and lies,says
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by frog12: 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2023
that's QUICK. they were SABOTAGING it. it never COMMENCE until we see refined petro grin grin
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by ubox: 5:30pm On Dec 21, 2023
nairalanda1:

Pump price is not going to fall.

NNPC is now a profit making organisation under PIB. The last thing they need is to have government setting their prices. In my opinion, prices will remain above N500 for the foreseeable future.
Unless the naira appreciates drastically
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by erico2k2(m): 6:33pm On Dec 21, 2023
Yourprick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu4YoxaYe3A?si=1ue_HY1VNsRYYwi-

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/12/21/just-in-port-harcourt-refinery-recommences-operation/
By fliring Gas it has started operations? nah wah no wonder the FG rented a plane from ET and told Nigerians it was Nigerian Airways and they all believed,

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by okewumi: 6:49pm On Dec 21, 2023
blackedwin:
Since this news broke out,I couldn’t help but weep for my dear country Nigeria,I’m currently working as a reliability engineer in Bonny oil and gas Terminal which is the major crude oil delivery point to PH Refinery. There are two streams of pumping stations here one for ship loading and the other crude oil transfer to refinery.for 6yrs now working here all we do is to maintain the 2 streams of pumping stations.Currently in service is the crude oil ship loading pumps cos we load oil tankers occasionally due to TNP line sabotage,the refinery pumps are currently not in service and I’m wondering where they got crude oil to start up the refinery maybe through other means and I hope it’s a sustainable process.

This are the kind of people l love to make comments. He is an expert of his field and he knows the industry.. The sad thing is that people that does not know anything about the topic will occupy page 1 to 3
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by Realtruth2023: 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2023
Portharcourt refinery has not received any crude oil supply. What they’re celebrating today is the mechanical completion of one Area in the refinery which is the major area. The electrical is still ongoing before commissioning starts next year.
So Portharcourt refinery is not back yet. Though they plan flaring today which they did a test run yesterday.

The way these guys lie and spread propaganda ehnnnnn

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by Caseless: 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2023
reiddecuti:
Let's watch and see. Nigeria government have successfully turned Nigerians to be Thomas, no longer believing what they hear from the government but seeing.

That's to say seeing is believing. Until I see petroleum products from the refinery hitting the street, I ain't believing.

Buhari scamming Pro Max loading...

This no be issue of me not wanting Nigeria to work. This promises have been going on even before I was born in the 80s but here we are today. More promises upon promises and still nothing to show for it.

It seems that Nigeria is more talented in creating problems than solving one. One example is the scarcity of Naira. The problem has been created and every ending of the year it will resurface just like scarcity of PMS, not being able to provide substantial megawatts of electricity to power the industries, SMEs, etc.

Tinubu on swearing in pronounced subsidy gone and promised palliative, up till now, nothing.

The npower has been promised too, until now, nothing. 30k to the civil servants, how many months have gone still no wave from the government and many numerous promises made that their gullible followers are applauding.

Buhari did so with Dangote refinery and it took them months before production started and still the major commodity which is the PMS we were told have not started been produced.

Like I said, until PMS from PH refinery hitting the street, I ain't believing...

Until we start getting serious in this country, there's nothing tangible will be achieved.
Una get problem sha. So, Dangote refinery is still a pipe dream to you? You just love bad news.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by ogascomax: 8:33pm On Dec 21, 2023
I can tell you for free that that refinery is not working. That was how Warri refinery was. They were burning fire without producing nothing.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by PHAYOL81: 9:04pm On Dec 21, 2023
President Asiwaju Tinubu just keep shutting down his enemies They aspire doom for us but right in their faces, we RISE and SHINE brighter than they can ever imagine

GOD BLESS PRESIDENT TINUBU

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD BLESS THE PATRIOTIC ME AND YOU
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by GoodGovernance: 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2023
blackedwin:

Be calming down.

How did Dangote Refinery get its own crude oil supplies down to Lagos?
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by YourKarma: 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2023
Kingrshd3:

Don't mind those fools always saying negative things about Nigeria
Your country is an epitome of negativity, one doesn't need to "say" negative things about a shithole when it's clear to everyone
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by Kingrshd3: 2:10pm On Dec 22, 2023
YourKarma:

Your country is an epitome of negativity, one doesn't need to "say" negative things about a shithole when it's clear to everyone

You are a.fool if d country is full of negativity then u are educated with BSC right or.HND ask how much u will pay to get them in oversease

Yet u enjoy cheap food and fuel since this while before they remove subsidy yet u still abuse d government that ur country is bad...

Where is ur sense
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by Sylva2147: 8:18am On Dec 23, 2023
nairalanda1:

To be honest, there is no such thing as cheap fuel

Fuel costs money to make. Unless Nigerians are ready to pay the type of tax that can maintain a subsidy on fuel, or unless we can produce up to 30-40 million barrels of crude a day, with oil prices above 120 dollars per barrel, fuel cannot be cheap again.

The question I'm asking here is that if Nigerians were buying fuel cheap because the government was paying the subsidy which they claimed was the reason why our external debt was going higher and our foreign reserve wasn't growing why then is the debt still going higher instead of reducing and our foreign reserve not growing?

It has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with costs associated with running a profitable refinery.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by Sylva2147: 8:23am On Dec 23, 2023
Kingrshd3:

You are a.fool if d country is full of negativity then u are educated with BSC right or.HND ask how much u will pay to get them in oversease

Yet u enjoy cheap food and fuel since this while before they remove subsidy yet u still abuse d government that ur country is bad...

Where is ur sense

I wonder why you guys keep making comparison when it comes to the cost of things abroad with Nigeria, why don't you talk about the benefits in those countries and make same comparison.

Nigeria is blessed with a lot of natural resources that if we had good leaders Nigerians wouldn't be going through this mess but because of gullible followers and supporters of the wicked leaders the country continue to sink.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Recommences Operation (Video) by Kingrshd3: 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2023
Sylva2147:

I wonder why you guys keep making comparison when it comes to the cost of things abroad with Nigeria, why don't you talk about the benefits in those countries and make same comparison.

Nigeria is blessed with a lot of natural resources that if we had good leaders Nigerians wouldn't be going through this mess but because of gullible followers and supporters of the wicked leaders the country continue to sink.

God bless you that's true but don't forget UK US and the like gain their independence about 300+ years ago and Nigeria that is just 56yeats 🤔

Is like comparing a child with an adult about their achievement in life 🙁🧬

Don't be one sided we are just trying to enlightene ourselves..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola Denies Deportation Allegation At Meeting With Igbo Leaders / Secretary’s Appearance At Military Probe Unsettles PDP / Profile Of Alhaji Yakubu Ibn Mohammed; The New DG Of NTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.