Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field (17279 Views)

First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State / Samples Of Crude Oil From Kolmani Oil Field In Bauchi And Gombe / The first Oil Field In Northern Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by GoodRocks: 7:42am On Dec 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

Because like every business, profits have to be made, workers have to be paid competitive salaries, taxes have to be paid, etc etc

Dude even if dangote sells for #150 a liter, oga that man will make hell of profit so wtf are you saying profits have to been made? Dude imagine dangote supplying fuel to the entire country and even neighbouring countries, you no how much be that for a day? And who told you the profits generated a day can pay workers and staff for a year? U dey whine me?

Is oil money a joke to you? Oga the price of fuel will be reduced, whichever amount dangote sells it esp when it's cheaper he's going to make hell of profit, so stop arguing
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by nairalanda1(m): 7:43am On Dec 22, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

Dude even if dangote sells for #150 a liter, oga that man will make hell of profit so wtf are you saying profits have to been made? Dude imagine dangote supplying fuel to the entire country and even neighbouring countries, you no how much be that for a day? And who told you the profits generated a day can pay workers and staff for a year? U dey whine me?

Is oil money a joke to you? Oga the price of fuel will be reduced, whichever amount dangote sells it esp when it's cheaper he's going to make hell of profit, so stop arguing

It costs at least 800 if not more to refine a liter of fuel

150 naira fuel is a mega loss for anyone.

The market at the end has to determine the price or dangote starts taking loans to pay salaries
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by GoodRocks: 7:43am On Dec 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

Whatever you think my job is, it still does not change the fact that businesses including refining crude oil , have to be run profitably

And who told you if the price is reduced they won't make profit?
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by GoodRocks: 7:44am On Dec 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

It costs at least 800 if not more to refine a liter of fuel

150 naira fuel is a mega loss for anyone.

The market at the end has to determine the price or dangote starts taking loans to pay salaries

I'm done educating you, wait until dangote starts supplying fuel then you'll know how much
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by nairalanda1(m): 7:45am On Dec 22, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

I'm done educating you, wait until dangote starts supplying fuel then you'll know how much

Okay.
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by UptownVibes(m): 7:45am On Dec 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

If you mean that we should have continued subsides, that would have meant that we would be , as the years go by, spending larger and larger amounts of our budget on subsides, which means a large deficit, which means we take more and more loans...which means more debt

Which means wesuffer a lot.

Assuming we kept fuel at N65 per liter, when landing costs in 2012 were 99 naira (January)....to date..by now cost of subsidisng fuel would have gone up from N34 per liter in Jan 2012 to N655 per liter today..or more. The money would be coming from our budget. And then there is the massive smuggling, stealing and looting going on.

At the end, people want to make money. No one wants to help the poor at the expense of lost business, lost jobs, bad situation.

Besides,as at today our debt is eating the majority of our revenue. Subsidy payments over the years is a big reason for the debt.

You don't have to like it, but the sad thing is, petrol must be sold at a profit...otherwise you get the mess of corruption, stealing, bad refineries, and massive smuggling. It is what is happening in Venezuela...and it isn't run by Nigerians when I last checked.
Even when the subsidy has been removed like they "told us",but they keep borrowing. To me the only benefit of an average Nigerian in the country was that fuel subsidy,they removed. Because somehow it had indirect positive effect on an average Nigerian. Even the corruption you talked about when the subsidy was there,was carried out by the same politicians pocketing the subsidy money today.. An average Nigerian is programmed by leaders to suffer,while the live their lives to the fullest ,spending borrowed money on their personal interest..
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by nairalanda1(m): 7:46am On Dec 22, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

And who told you if the price is reduced they won't make profit?

Would you sell below production price if you were a businessman?

Sadly business does not exist to give us stuff at the prices we want. Salaries, taxes, maintenance costs must be paid.
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by fojjosh: 7:47am On Dec 22, 2023
If U sabi read well U go see the address
Hezmatosky:
Abeg where refinery dey for Edo state? Abi i no read am well?
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by nairalanda1(m): 7:47am On Dec 22, 2023
UptownVibes:
Even when the subsidy has been removed like they "told us",but they keep borrowing. To me the only benefit of an average Nigerian in the country was that fuel subsidy,they removed. Because somehow it had indirect positive effect on an average Nigerian. Even the corruption you talked about when the subsidy was there,was carried out by the same politicians pocketing the subsidy money today.. An average Nigerian is programmed by leaders to suffer,while the live their lives to the fullest ,spending borrowed money on their personal interest..

Subsidy destroyed domestic refining and helped put us in more debt.

Not much of a benefit
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by GoodRocks: 7:48am On Dec 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

Would you sell below production price if you were a businessman?

Sadly business does not exist to give us stuff at the prices we want. Salaries, taxes, maintenance costs must be paid.

Why would I open a business to sell higher amount? Who would buy from me?
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by opes: 7:49am On Dec 22, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

So of what use are the refineries if the price of fuel won't reduce? Like I don't get it. Oga the price of fuel is expected to drastically reduced to at least #200 or #150. If it won't reduce abeg what's now the need for the refineries? Is it to suck Nigerians dry?

Major gain is the FOREX, which may help naira to appreciate, as we won't need to import fuel again.

1 Like

Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by UptownVibes(m): 7:56am On Dec 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

Subsidy destroyed domestic refining and helped put us in more debt.

Not much of a benefit
Well,we pray for a better Nigeria. But as it is now,its currently messed up.. Citizens are passing through a lot ..
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by nnamzy007(m): 8:06am On Dec 22, 2023
Why is no one talking about the quality we will now be getting. If they stick to international standards which I think they will. A litre of fuel will last a little longer compared to that nonsense they have been importing for us

1 Like

Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by SoNature(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2023
Rekyz:
Until I start buying PMS below 300 naira, all these stories are worthless

Those refineries don't refine PMS yet.
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by Truths9ja: 8:10am On Dec 22, 2023
Good economic policies by governor obaseki by creating huge enabling environment for these petroleum companies to build refineries in Edo State. Edo State IGR will increase tremendously
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by Bahamas95(m): 8:13am On Dec 22, 2023
When I saw the word "oza" I was confused.

Na babies I know say dey come from there not crude oil.
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by nairalanda1(m): 8:18am On Dec 22, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

Why would I open a business to sell higher amount? Who would buy from me?

So you will sell petrol from your filling station at ten naira per liter?

Good luck paying your costs
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by yak(m): 8:23am On Dec 22, 2023
SmartyPants:

These refineries don't produce PMS and they produce only a fraction of the quantity Dangote can produce. BUA and the national refineries will be more of a threat, but the market is so big outside Nigeria that there's really no threat at all. Everyone will have enough demand to sustain operations.

I believe we can consume everything they can produce.
Meanwhile the west African market is so large that there won't be leftover
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by Osanoghodua1: 8:26am On Dec 22, 2023
Hezmatosky:
Go and read again, Both are working. I live in Edo

1 Like

Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:30am On Dec 22, 2023
RepoMan007:
I hope all these news are not just coincidental propagandas. If true, it should sustain the crash in cost of dollar.

It's not propaganda.

The truth is that Buhari held the South in a stranglehold because if his deep-seated ethnoreligious bias while he was prospecting for oil in the north and doing rail to Niger.

Tinubu simply has no reason to do what that old kook was doing, so things simply started happening as they should.

It's not propaganda, but it's not this government's positive intervention, either.

It's just business that was hitherto actively prevented beginning to work out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by newnigerdelta00: 8:41am On Dec 22, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by tabaralph: 8:42am On Dec 22, 2023
Biodun556:
Gradually
Slow and steady wins the race…we move
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by ismodiwa(m): 8:55am On Dec 22, 2023
tunjijones:
This one whey all refineries wan start production almost the same time.

E mean say next year go stew b that...

Amen oo
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by lextube: 8:57am On Dec 22, 2023
Concman:
Fuel everywhere

Yet, the prices of fuel is still high.
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by PHAYOL81: 9:36am On Dec 22, 2023
Sustain this and kill the pressure
NIGERIA shall be great again in our lifetime
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD BLESS ME AND YOU PATRIOTIC CITIZENS
WE RISE!!!
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by victorsola: 9:39am On Dec 22, 2023
Hezmatosky:
they are modular once by Edo state. Na Edo state fund the project
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by lexy2014: 9:56am On Dec 22, 2023
izubext007:
Dangote go see 👁️👁️ shege.
which shege is that?
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by lexy2014: 9:57am On Dec 22, 2023
victorsola:

it seems you did not understand the question.

Hezmatosky:
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by Chinjo2: 10:05am On Dec 22, 2023
KingKO22:
Glory be to God

Like for Jagaban share for IPOBidients 🤣😂

Is it Jagaban that built the two refineries in Edo? Please the credit should go to Obaseki. Those modular refineries have been ready long before Tinubu became president.
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by Waffarianman(m): 10:11am On Dec 22, 2023
tunjijones:
This one whey all refineries wan start production almost the same time.

E mean say next year go stew b that...

Did you just say Stew 🍲. Eweeh let's see then
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by victorsola: 10:19am On Dec 22, 2023
lexy2014:

it seems you did not understand the question.

one dey ologbo that presco area. Read the write up na . Shebi u can read the locations dey there.
Re: Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field by lexy2014: 10:31am On Dec 22, 2023
victorsola:
one dey ologbo that presco area. Read the write up na . Shebi u can read the locations dey there.

you could read the locations there and this was your answer to his question

victorsola:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

​bomb Rocks Damaturu Commercial Area, Many Feared Dead (photo) / Tribunal Upholds Ikpeazu's Election As Abia Governor / $470m CCTV Contract: Reps Find Only 40 Cameras Working, Order Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.