Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators (7227 Views)

Vote Buying Will Be Done By POS / Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here / PDP Reps To Keep Vigilance On NASS To Prevent Saraki’s Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:05am On Dec 22, 2023
When we had no CBN governor things where going fine,now we have CBN govr naira scarce returns grin
Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by hotseat: 9:06am On Dec 22, 2023
Nigerians always relish taking advantage of any situation to make quick buck whether their fellow Nigerians die or not as a result of their insatiable greed.

We claim to be godly yet so ungodly in our dealings.

However, the POS operators claim that getting money for their transactions from whatever source often come with high charges. So, if they must stay afloat, they have to pass the burden unto their customers.

Instead of heaping all the blames on the POS operators, the banks should equally come under the radar of the Reps.

If the banks have enough cash in their vaults and ATM machines, POS operators would naturally adjust and bring down their cutthroat charges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by Vadese1: 9:07am On Dec 22, 2023
Upon the atrocities the government is commiting. Pos operator is what this idiot want to investigate. Cbn and the commercial banks are there for them to investigate, but they look the lesser side to investigate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by Fizalis(m): 9:09am On Dec 22, 2023
They surely is high 24/7+
Woodshot:
The REPs are moving mad! Why is there vestiges of cash crunch after you already got Emefele in your clutch?

Why do you leave the real challenge to chase apparition?

These guys most Times behave like bunch of fellows high on Molly.
Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by benjaminlawson(m): 9:11am On Dec 22, 2023
I expect them to be serious on weighty matters, federal schools are charging high school fees, no investigation it is the POS operators that concern them, true people.
Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:18am On Dec 22, 2023
Fatbam005:
A male buffalo weighs over 2000 pounds

grin grin
I don't know why this got me laffing

1 Like

Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:20am On Dec 22, 2023
Okortor:
If this news is actually true, then the reps needs Brain check cos it's obvious they're all mad, how does POS operators excessive charge affect the country now or is the cause for the current inflation? All these while POS have been charging one hundred naira only if not for the recent cash scarcity caused by the useless rep and useless APC. I have millions In my account and needed to withdraw just 50k yesterday at access Bank but was told I could only get 2k and their ATMs hasn't been paying for a while so tell me with all sincerity, how would a POS operator get the 2k and do it for same charges? Definitely they will go sort for cash from fuel stations and super stores of which those ones will take advantage of the situation and extort them in a way of selling the cash to them and u expect them not to hike their charges? Only a foolish Nigerian will put blame on any POS operator at this time, blame it on FG, APC and gullible Nigerians that voted them in after last horrible experience. I have no pity so let's all suffer it. Merry Christmas to you all and see you in 2024 .

I'm sure the motion was moved by a rep from Niger state. The reps from that state usually represents nothing but dumb motions. Very anyhow human beings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:21am On Dec 22, 2023
Our house of reps are no better than Lagos agberos. Very anyhow human beings.

1 Like

Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by PrettyIfy7: 9:33am On Dec 22, 2023
When will those reps abi raping fools investigate high DTSV subscription charges.
When will they investigate the high dollar vs naira exchange rate.
F00ls!
Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by PrettyIfy7: 9:40am On Dec 22, 2023
OluwaBlessyn:
Abegi

How about you probe those senators have wads of cash stashed in their homes

Stop pointing fingers when y’all are guilty

You know what's up my brother.
If you see the amount of foreign currencies these politicians stash in their homes you'll cry.
That is even the main reason why dollar is rising like broad soaked in water.
They tell us that dollar is scare because we don't produce.
But each of them have millions of dollars stashed in their houses.
But most naija citizens lack knowledge and that's why these politicians do evil with impunity.

2 Likes

Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by snj: 9:44am On Dec 22, 2023
Okortor:
If this news is actually true, then the reps needs Brain check cos it's obvious they're all mad, how does POS operators excessive charge affect the country now or is the cause for the current inflation? All these while POS have been charging one hundred naira only if not for the recent cash scarcity caused by the useless rep and useless APC. I have millions In my account and needed to withdraw just 50k yesterday at access Bank but was told I could only get 2k and their ATMs hasn't been paying for a while so tell me with all sincerity, how would a POS operator get the 2k and do it for same charges? Definitely they will go sort for cash from fuel stations and super stores of which those ones will take advantage of the situation and extort them in a way of selling the cash to them and u expect them not to hike their charges? Only a foolish Nigerian will put blame on any POS operator at this time, blame it on FG, APC and gullible Nigerians that voted them in after last horrible experience. I have no pity so let's all suffer it. Merry Christmas to you all and see you in 2024 .

This fellow really captured it well.
Merry christmas bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by Ayodeoba: 9:48am On Dec 22, 2023
It’s a lie, no pos operator is charging that amount
Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by Chinjo2: 10:00am On Dec 22, 2023
fsb:
As usual, things in Nigeria never make sense. The same banks dont have cash for customers but somehow POS operators can provide cash.

I can tell you for free that most POS Operators go from shop to shop or filling stations to buy cash.
Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by donmik: 10:09am On Dec 22, 2023
To investigate ba? As if they don't know before now.

The banks are even more corrupt than the top politicians self

1 Like

Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by Indispensable85(m): 10:24am On Dec 22, 2023
Investigation kee una. Make una make money available for the masses and pos operators will be helpless. Simple! Investigate the CBN governor instead. Why is money scarce?

I was at the bank yesterday, they told me they have no money. They managed to put 20k together for me with all sorts of dirty and rusted 200 Naira notes. Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by drololaaof: 10:59am On Dec 22, 2023
GuruboiNaija:

https://.ng/2023/12/22/reps-to-investigate-exorbitant-charges-by-pos-operators/
The many lies told by CBN and deposit money banks about currency in circulation coupled with hoarding by the banks are largely responsible
What we hear is no money in the banks but where did the money stolen from banks in Ikere Ekiti come from ? Where did those trading money in parties get the new notes from ?

1 Like

Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by accountantben: 10:59am On Dec 22, 2023
These guys are jobless. Why not investigate why there is limited money in circulation. U are here talking about people the govt could not provide job for. Misplaced priority.
Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by izubext007: 11:04am On Dec 22, 2023
I thought CBN said POS operators are doing illigal transaction.
Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by Wuless82(m): 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2023
GuruboiNaija:

https://.ng/2023/12/22/reps-to-investigate-exorbitant-charges-by-pos-operators/
Getaway jor, has any of your investigation yield results before
Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by 701adeyemo: 6:25pm On Dec 22, 2023
They should investigate CBN and commercial banks on how they circulate the Naira notesThey should investigate CBN and commercial banks on how they circulate the Naira notes...
Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by frog12: 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2023
these reps are USELESS. there are bigger problems than this
Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by 7upnigeria: 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

This is to tell you how hypocritical Tinubu and his supporters are

You and your cohorts are married to sadness, complaints, disappointments, distress etc for the next 8 years. TINUBU is President and there's nothing you can do about it.
Re: Reps To Investigate Exorbitant Charges By POS Operators by 7upnigeria: 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

This is to tell you how hypocritical Tinubu and his supporters are

You and your cohorts are married to sadness, complaints, disappointments, distress etc for the next 8 years. TINUBU is President and there's nothing you can do about it. We're winning your team.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos First Lady Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu, To Be Decorated By African Iconic Women / Fulani Herdsman Chops Off A Vulcaniser's Right Hand In Akure. / SERAP Gives Jonathan 7-day Ultimatum To Declare Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.