Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,085 members, 7,849,405 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:43 PM

How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) (706 Views)

China Plans To Ease Residence Permit For Foreigners, Chinese Citizens React / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Wifeoflgbo: 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2023
I am an Australian woman who is marrying to an Nigerian man. I was told that if I want to stay in Nigeria and live here, that I need to apply for a resident permit?

Is this correct?

I was told it will cost $2000AUD (1077870.00000 naira) for 2 year resident permit. Surely it cannot be this much?
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Don1985: 12:37am On Dec 23, 2023
Don't be deceived, anyone that told you this want to scam u...just apply for visa on arrival then go back to Australia Even u can renew your visa as well but don't stay much because Nigeria is not a safe country anymore....be warned
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by sihamey: 8:47am On Dec 23, 2023
Don1985:
Don't be deceived, anyone that told you this want to scam u...just apply for visa on arrival then go back to Australia Even u can renew your visa as well but don't stay much because Nigeria is not a safe country anymore....be warned

She said to live in Nigeria not visiting try read without emotion.

At OP you can apply for residence permits to enable you do things while living in Nigeria.

Not every part of Nigeria is not safe, choose a safe state to live.
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Jorussia(m): 10:52am On Dec 23, 2023
Don1985:
The way some of u disparage this country,is very annoying. If Nigeria is not safe as u guys shout online, I don't think any of us would be here on nairaland.Of course,we have security challenges in some part of the country, but not near the level u imagine it to be.
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Fmghewzy(m): 12:48pm On Dec 23, 2023
Don1985:

Op please don't listen to this blockhead , he clearly has no idea of what he is saying.

It is true that not all region are safe, since your husband is igbo, i would be guessing that your movement would be between the southern part of the country which is safe so long you take the necessary precautions you would normally take in your home country Australia.

As for the visa , honestly I have no idea but I am pretty sure it isn't up to $2000 that you were told .
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by UCHDR: 2:51pm On Dec 23, 2023
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by UCHDR: 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2023
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by UCHDR: 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2023
Wifeoflgbo:
I am an Australian woman who is married to an Nigerian man. I was told that if I want to stay in Nigeria and live here, that I need to apply for a resident permit?

Is this correct?

I was told it will cost $2000AUD (1077870.00000 naira) for 2 year resident permit. Surely it cannot be this much?

As a spouse of a Nigerian I don't think you have to pay that much or at all even.

See the link below
[url] [https://immigration.gov.ng/residence-permit/ url]
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by nwadikeokey11: 12:24pm On Dec 25, 2023
Fmghewzy:

Op please don't listen to this blockhead , he clearly has no idea of what he is saying.

It is true that not all region are safe, since your husband is igbo, i would be guessing that your movement would be between the southern part of the country which is safe so long you take the necessary precautions you would normally take in your home country Australia.

As for the visa , honestly I have no idea but I am pretty sure it isn't up to $2000 that you were told .
If you know how much a resident permit of some African countries cost you won't be saying it won't be up to that. Ask the woman how much Australian resident permit cost, and I assure you it's far more than that 2kAUD, so what makes her think Nigeria resident permit is too high when that of her country is far higher. Just had to respond but I don't believe the bullshit story that fellow chunk out here.
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Fmghewzy(m): 12:54pm On Dec 25, 2023
nwadikeokey11:
If you know how much a resident permit of some African countries cost you won't be saying it won't be up to that. Ask the woman how much Australian resident permit cost, and I assure you it's far more than that 2kAUD, so what makes her think Nigeria resident permit is too high when that of her country is far higher. Just had to respond but I don't believe the bullshit story that fellow chunk out here.

Maybe I will check , but I get your point.
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Don1985: 10:07pm On Jan 05
Fmghewzy:

I don't blame you bombastic element... always read very well before you flash your rotten teeth
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Don1985: 10:12pm On Jan 05
Jorussia:
The way some of u disparage this country,is very annoying. If Nigeria is not safe as u guys shout online, I don't think any of us would be here on nairaland.Of course,we have security challenges in some part of the country, but not near the level u imagine it to be.
if the country is safe, why are the Chinese moving around with mobile police......we all know what is going on the country, may the situation of the country called Nigeria be your portion forever πŸ™... even countries like USA,UK etc tagged Nigeria as a place that is not safe.. suffering and smiling πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Don1985: 10:21pm On Jan 05
Fmghewzy:

you even said since her husband is an Igbo man and you guess her movement should be in southern parts of Nigeria πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒso you don't even know that Igbos are from Eastern part of Nigeria Oh sorry🀷
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Don1985: 10:46pm On Jan 05
UCHDR:

As a spouse of a Nigerian I don't think you have to pay that much or at all even.

See the link below
[url] [https://immigration.gov.ng/residence-permit/ url]
thanks for the clarification bro ....I don't know why some nairalands with empty skull condemned me because I said she doesn't have to pay such huge amount to acquire the residential permit
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Don1985: 10:52pm On Jan 05
nwadikeokey11:
mumu just check this out ...am in south africa with critical work permit and I didn't spend up to 600k ... So tell me more .... So even she applied for 2 years residential permit she won't even spend up to #1m

Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by nwadikeokey11: 7:01am On Jan 06
Don1985:
mumu just check this out ...am in south africa with critical work permit and I didn't spend up to 600k ... So tell me more .... So even she applied for 2 years residential permit she won't even spend up to #1m
You are a cursed maggot, you are in south Africa of all places and Yuu are making noise if you are in a good country I don't think people will walk on the road for you. You won't see the end of this month there. Watch and see. You insult every body you see here right, you have just met your end. I place a curse on you right here and now, from now on you are finished. This is your end. Pig maggot.
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Don1985: 7:13am On Jan 06
nwadikeokey11:
You are a cursed maggot, you are in south Africa of all places and Yuu are making noice if you are in a good country I don't think people will walk on the road for you. You won't see the end of this month there. Watch and see. You insult every body you see here right, you have just met your end. I place a curse on you right here and now, from now on you are finished. This is your end. Pig maggot.
your fore father never leave the offshore of Nigeria incase you don't know,I have been to Malaysia,Kenya,cyprus and now in south africa... South Africa you are saying of all places is far better than shithole you and your family are suffering from, am working and doing well, am not living here illegally but legally...your government is even treating your generation as if you are illegal in nigeria..mumu who knows maybe you've DM the innocent Australia woman to scam her, I will come back and tell you that am still aliveπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ I will never curse you because you have been cursed already since the day your ancestors exist..... generational curses will never depart from your generation πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ....Empty skullπŸ’€
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by nwadikeokey11: 8:02am On Jan 06
Don1985:
your fore father never leave the offshore of Nigeria incase you don't know,I have been to Malaysia,Kenya,cyprus and now in south africa... South Africa you are saying of all places is far better than shithole you and your family are suffering from, am working and doing well, am not living here illegally but legally...your government is even treating your generation as if you are illegal in nigeria..mumu who knows maybe you've DM the innocent Australia woman to scam her, I will come back and tell you that am still aliveπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ I will never curse you because you have been cursed already since the day your ancestors exist..... generational curses will never depart from your generation πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ....Empty skullπŸ’€
Let's watch and see, you will learn in a very hard way. Remember what I said. I have placed a curse on you and your generation. You are finished, the hand you type this here you will never do anything good on this Earth with the hand you type here. This is your end. Common south Africa refugee like you. Ask of Nwadike family from Imo state then come back and talk to me. Stack illiterate buffoon. You are CURSED. FINISHED. This my last reply to you. Let's see what becomes of you before the end of this month.
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Don1985: 8:16am On Jan 06
nwadikeokey11:
Let's watch and see, you will learn in a very hard way. Remember what I said. I have placed a curse on you and your generation. You are finished, the hand you type this here you will never do anything good on this Earth with the hand you type here. This is your end. Common south Africa refugee like you. Ask of Nwadike family from Imo state then come back and talk to me. Stack illiterate buffoon. You are CURSED. FINISHED. This my last reply to you. Let's see what becomes of you before the end of this month.
.. So you steps into your papa shoes and you are asking for progress...lol it's far from your generation πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ and your generation engaged in placing curse lol ... Does good things comes of evils Lol hell fire is waiting for u as well as that if your ancestors and coming generation 🀞
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by nwadikeokey11: 8:58am On Jan 06
Don1985:
.. So you steps into your papa shoes and you are asking for progress...lol it's far from your generation πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ and your generation engaged in placing curse lol ... Does good things comes of evils Lol hell fire is waiting for u as well as that if your ancestors and coming generation 🀞
My father was educated and a headmaster of a school way before your useless wretched great grand father's knew what cloth was. My uncle, the former commissioner of finance Imo state studied in England far back before your accursed miserable illiterate ancestors could know what civilization was. I started traveling round the world way before your dirty, ugly LovePeddler smelly mother knew what wearing panties was. So tell me, between my family, myself, you and your generation who should be cursed from this Earth? You have only traveled to common south Africa and you are hell over the moon what about those of us who are world traveler and travels round the world for fun? Poverty, wretchedness, illiteracy, lack of exposure, etc have destroyed and ruined your expired life. You will never do anything good on this Earth with the hands you typed here. Mark every single word I said to you here, desert monkey.
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Don1985: 9:03am On Jan 06
nwadikeokey11:
My father was educated and a headmaster way before your useless wretched great grand father's knee what clothes was. My uncle, the former commissioner of finance Imo state studied in England far before your accursed miserable ancestors could know what civilization was. I started traveling way before your dirty, ugly LovePeddler smelly mother knew what pant was. So tell me, my family, myself, you and your generation who should be cursed from this Earth? You have only traveled to a common south Africa and you are hell over the moon what about those of us who are world traveler and travels for fun? Poverty, wretchedness, illiteracy, lack of exposure, etc have destroyed and ruined you. You will never do anything good on this Earth with the hands you typed here. Mark every single word I said to you here, desert monkey.
πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒdon't worry I have got a good news to tell you but am waiting for the end of this month as you claim I will die before I show you which will shock you....you can come from that family while your father is poorπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ well let me show you the good news which I have got since last year December..... I will be going to Canada to visit my wife and kid ....mumu you are even proud that your uncle a common commissioner lol ....not even your father lol... please tell him to help your parents so you guys can even put food on table... Can someone with critical work permit in SA still claim refugee lol .. mumu kindly check this outπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by nwadikeokey11: 9:15am On Jan 06
Don1985:
πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒdon't worry I have got a good news to tell you but am waiting for the end of this month as you claim I will die before I show you which will shock you....you can come from that family while your father is poorπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Pig maggot, I never mentioned death, there's a life worse than death and that's the kind of life that awaits you. Have you heard of a living dead before? Have you heard of a living wishing for death but death refuses to come? That's the kind of life that awaits you henceforth. Just wait for it, it's already upon you. You are FINISHED. This is your END. You insult other people and go free but you have just met your Waterloo. I CURSED you on this 6th day of the month of January 2024. Beginning from now, your heavens are closed permanently and your earth is shut. You will labour in vain. For that which brings you food and happiness shall henceforth bring you sorrow, pains, lack, failure, hardship, poverty, set back, misery, wretchedness, calamity upon calamity is what I declared upon you and your generation. You will never amount to anything good on this Earth. Your prayers and sacrifices will not be accepted by man, God and even Satan whom you serve. Heaven and earth, land and sea have rejected you. You are finished. As much as I never insulted you first but you started with abuses on a person you knew absolutely nothing of, curses shall never depart from you and your accursed generation. This is your END. YOU ARE FINISHED.
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Fmghewzy(m): 9:23am On Jan 06
Don1985:
you even said since her husband is an Igbo man and you guess her movement should be in southern parts of Nigeria πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒso you don't even know that Igbos are from Eastern part of Nigeria Oh sorry🀷

Are you daft? southern part of Nigeria, means anywhere from the southwest to the southeast.

The numbers of igbos living on my street alone are up to 6 , here in the south west so?
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Fmghewzy(m): 9:25am On Jan 06
Don1985:
I don't blame you bombastic element... always read very well before you flash your rotten teeth

You that read but can't comprehend simple English, what do we say about that?

And i read everything bit of jaggons you wrote
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Don1985: 9:32am On Jan 06
Fmghewzy:

You that read but can't comprehend simple English, what do we say about that?

And i read everything bit of jaggons you wrote
LMAOπŸ˜ƒ The professor πŸ˜ƒ
Re: How Much Is A Foreigners Resident Permit? (wife) by Don1985: 9:35am On Jan 06
nwadikeokey11:
Pig maggot, I never mentioned death, there's a life worse than death and that's the kind of life that awaits you. Have you heard of a living dead before? Have you heard of a living wishing for death but death refuses to come? That's the kind of life that awaits you henceforth. Just wait for it, it's already upon you. You are FINISHED. This is your END. You insult other people and go free but you have just met your Waterloo. I CURSED you on this 6th day of the month of January 2024. Beginning from now, your heavens are closed permanently and your earth is shut. You will labour in vain. For that which brings you food and happiness shall henceforth bring you sorrow, pains, lack, failure, hardship, poverty, set back, misery, wretchedness, calamity upon calamity is what I declared upon you and your generation. You will never amount to anything good on this Earth. Your prayers and sacrifices will not be accepted by man, God and even Satan whom you serve. Heaven and earth, land and sea have rejected you. You are finished. As much as I never insulted you first but you started with abuses on a person you knew absolutely nothing of, curses shall never depart from you and your accursed generation. This is your END. YOU ARE FINISHED.
Go back to your previous message where u called me a fellow chunk... Now you are pained because of what I wrote about you?you are the one placing curse and serving Satan πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ naw...LMAOπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ when God blessed,No one can curse πŸ”Œ Eleribu

(1) (Reply)

Doomsday Bunkers: Is There Something Billionaires Are Not Telling Us? / You Can Never Travel To Conchrepublic Even Though You Get The International Pass / China Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.