Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives (7418 Views)

I Shall Be Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalanders Henceforth / Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) / No Matter How Long It Looks God Shall Give You A New Song! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29pm On Jan 03, 2012
jayriginal:

Why not ? They learnt the skill from Men of God who use Malachi 3:8 as an excuse to fleece the flock. grin

What is it with atheists and Muslims with the Bible or tithes? Can't you operate without the Bible? undecided
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by LagosShia: 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2012
wow!

so christians will not get 4 or even the alleged 72 wives christian missinaries like to accuse muslims of!!!

they will get 100!!!!

also,Jesus promised them bread and wine:

PHYSICAL PARADISE IN THE BIBLE JUST AS THE ONE MUSLIMS BELIEVE IN AND NOT THE 'SPIRITUAL' FANTASY CHRISTIAN DREAM OF BASED ON THE TEACHINGS OF PAUL

how can humans made up of blood and flesh be transformed into 'spiritual beings'?

TREES AND FOOD AND PRECIOUS STONES IN EDEN ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE

Genesis 2:7-9
7 the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Ezekiel 28:13
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you: ruby, topaz and emerald, chrysolite, onyx and jasper, sapphire, turquoise and beryl. Your settings and mountings were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared.

PHYSICAL BODIES IN PARADISE

Genesis 2:22
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib[a] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

WIFE IN PARADISE

Genesis 3:20
Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

FLESH IN PARADISE AND EYES TO SEE GOD!

Job 19:26 -27
26 And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see himwith my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

DRINKING IN THE BIBLICAL PARADISE

Matthew 26:29
29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

EATING BREAD IN PARADISE

Luke 14:15
15 When one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, “Blessed is the one who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God.”

JESUS WAS TAKEN UP WITH PHYSICAL BODY

Luke 24:51
51 While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven.

PAUL'S CONTRADICTION OF A PHYSICAL PARADISE BASED ON IMAGINATION

It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. (1 Corinthians 15:44)

I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. (1 Corinthians 15:50)

JESUS EATING AFTER HIS ALLEGED RESURRECTION (hint:its either Jesus did not die and resurrect or after resurrection and life returns people still have physical bodies.christians should make a choice!)

Luke 24:41-43
New International Version (NIV)

41 And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate it in their presence.
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by plappville(f): 1:18am On Jan 04, 2012
I present you a prove that openly contradict your interpretation Sir.
This muslim man has failed his thread completely lols. U ve been perfectly corrected already, but i would still fill u with sense in regard to ur misinterpretation. First i must start from he who brought fort marriage. (GOD)

God is the one that brought marriage to mankind. He made the first man, Adam (Genesis 1:26).   He saw that it was not good for Adam to be alone.  He then made a “wife” for Adam. "Note": God did not make “wives” for Adam. If He had wanted Adam to have more than one wife, He would ve made him more than one.  But One was enough.

In Genesis 2:23,24 says that “a man is to leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife.” God did NOT say that man was to be joined to his “wives.”  He said that man was to be joined to his “wife.” That is one and only one!

Paul compares the "husband and wife" to "Christ and the church":  “For the husband is the head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church, ”  (Ephesian 5:23).  In Ephesians 1:22,23 we are told that the church is the body of Christ.  There is only one "body" (Ephesians 4:4) so there is only one church.  Christ has only one church so a man can have only one "wife."  Nowhere does the Bible speak of a man being over wives and that being right with God.

In matt 19:3-9)  Jesus said that “a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his "wife," and the two shall become one "flesh.”  It's one flesh not two. If a man marries more than one wife, how can this varse qualifies him?
It will make no sense bacause a man Cant make one flesh with two wives.

In 1 Timothy 3:2 we are told that an elder MUST be the husband of "ONE WIFE."   Why not two or more?  If it is a good practice, then why should not a church leader be a polygamist?  The reason is that God does NOT want that kind of a marriage. So he will not even promise it, u ve misinterpreted the verse. I ve done u enough proves by contradicting ur interpretation. Right from the old testament, we see That God never ordered any man to marry wives.

The ideal of man marrying more than one is a tradition. Some do agree with Gods plan, some not.
You must know that first, Polygamy in the Bible causes strife and jealousy
I can present u multiple cases. And they end up sinning against God. So its a sin for Christians to practice it. How much more will Christ promised it to us.
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by plappville(f): 1:32am On Jan 04, 2012
Again, u only choosed the wife. Are you now saying he promised us 100 fathers, mothers etc as in the verse u qouted?
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by AbuHanifa: 6:22am On Jan 04, 2012
100 wives? That's nice! Thanks for the revelation.
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by vedaxcool(m): 8:05am On Jan 04, 2012
plappville:

I present you a prove that openly contradict your interpretation Sir.
This muslim man has failed his thread completely lols. U ve been perfectly corrected already, but i would still fill u with sense in regard to your misinterpretation. First i must start from he who brought fort marriage. (GOD)

God is the one that brought marriage to mankind. He made the first man, Adam (Genesis 1:26).   He saw that it was not good for Adam to be alone.  He then made a “wife” for Adam. "Note": God did not make “wives” for Adam. If He had wanted Adam to have more than one wife, He would ve made him more than one.  But One was enough.

In Genesis 2:23,24 says that “a man is to leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife.” God did NOT say that man was to be joined to his “wives.”  He said that man was to be joined to his “wife.” That is one and only one!

Paul compares the "husband and wife" to "Christ and the church":  “For the husband is the head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church, ”  (Ephesian 5:23).  In Ephesians 1:22,23 we are told that the church is the body of Christ.  There is only one "body" (Ephesians 4:4) so there is only one church.  Christ has only one church so a man can have only one "wife."  Nowhere does the Bible speak of a man being over wives and that being right with God.

In matt 19:3-9)  Jesus said that “a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his "wife," and the two shall become one "flesh.”  It's one flesh not two. If a man marries more than one wife, how can this varse qualifies him?
It will make no sense bacause a man Cant make one flesh with two wives.

In 1 Timothy 3:2 we are told that an elder MUST be the husband of "ONE WIFE."   Why not two or more?  If it is a good practice, then why should not a church leader be a polygamist?  The reason is that God does NOT want that kind of a marriage. So he will not even promise it, u ve misinterpreted the verse. I ve done u enough proves by contradicting your interpretation. Right from the old testament, we see That God never ordered any man to marry wives.

The ideal of man marrying more than one is a tradition. Some do agree with Gods plan, some not.
You must know that first, Polygamy in the Bible causes strife and jealousy
I can present u multiple cases. And they end up sinning against God. So its a sin for Christians to practice it. How much more will Christ promised it to us.

lol! grin grin grin grin grin bad attempt to say the least! using your queer logics I ask God permitted Abel and Cain to Mary their sisters, I ask why is it currently forbidden to Mary one's sister or why did God permit what he will latter on forbid? Early Christians practised polygamy, but you attempt to derail this thread fails woefully indeed!

Reformation period

In the 16th century, there was a Christian re-examination of plural marriages. [b]The founder of the Protestant Reformation, Martin Luther wrote: "I confess that I cannot forbid a person to marry several wives, for it does not contradict the Scripture. [/b]If a man wishes to marry more than one wife he should be asked whether he is satisfied in his conscience that he may do so in accordance with the word of God. In such a case the civil authority has nothing to do in the matter."[20]

The theologian Philipp Melanchthon likewise counseled that Henry VIII need not risk schism by dissolving his union with the established churches to grant himself divorces in order to replace his barren wives, but could instead look to polygamy as a suitable alternative.

Anabaptist leader Bernhard Rothmann initially opposed the idea of plural marriage. However, he later wrote a theological defense of plural marriage, and took 9 wives himself, saying "God has restored the true practice of holy matrimony amongst us."[21][22] Franz von Waldeck and the other enemies of Anabaptist leader John of Leiden accused him of keeping 16 wives, and publicly beheading one when she disobeyed him. This was used as the basis for their conquest of Münster in 1535.[23]

The 16th century Italian Capuchin Monk, Bernardino Ochino, 77 years old and never married, wrote the "Thirty Dialogues", wherein Dialog XXI was considered a defense of plural marriage. Evidently, he borrowed some of his strongest arguments from a Lutheran dialogue written in 1541 in favor of plural marriage which was written under the fictitious name Huldericus Necobulus in the interest of justifying Philip of Hesse.[24]

The polemicist John Milton expressed support for polygamy in his De doctrina christiana.[25]

The Lutheran pastor Johann Lyser strongly defended plural marriage in a work entitled "Polygamia Triumphatrix".[26][27] As a result, he was imprisoned, beaten and exiled from Italy to Holland. His book was burned by the public executioner.[28] He never married nor desired wedlock.[28] Samuel Friedrich Willenberg, a doctor of law at the University of Cracow, incurred the hatred of the Poles[clarification needed] by writing the pro-plural marriage book De finibus polygamiae licitae. In 1715, his book was ordered to be burned. Friedrich escaped with his life, but was fined one hundred thousand gold pieces.[28]

One of the more notable published works regarding the modern concept of Christian Plural Marriage dates from the 18th century. The book "Thelyphthora"[29] was written by Martin Madan, a significant writer of hymns and a contemporary of John Wesley and Charles Wesley. Though Madan was an adherent only of polygyny in a Christian context, this particular volume set the foundation of what is considered the modern Christian Plural Marriage movement.

Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy_in_Christianity#Early_church_period
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by vedaxcool(m): 8:08am On Jan 04, 2012
plappville:

Again, u only choosed the wife. Are you now saying he promised us 100 fathers, mothers etc as in the verse u qouted?

That is what Jesus statement says, we are simply showing you the scriptures, the great burden falls upon you, do you accept the verse or not! Jesus statements clearly meant he will give a hundred replacement for everyone you leave!
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by manmacho: 8:18am On Jan 04, 2012
vedaxcool:

That is what Jesus statement says, we are simply showing you the scriptures, the great burden falls upon you, do you accept the verse or not! Jesus statements clearly meant he will give a hundred replacement for everyone you leave!

you are intentionally loosing logic here. the verse u quoted inluded father children and many others. does that mean we will get 100 of all of them. simply answer this questions stop being dodgy.
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by vedaxcool(m): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2012
manmacho:

you are intentionally loosing logic here. the verse u quoted inluded father children and many others. does that mean we will get 100 of all of them. simply answer this questions stop being dodgy.

That is what Jesus says if you leave 1 of anything he will replace it with a hundred folds!
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by AbuHanifa: 10:09am On Jan 04, 2012
^^ what is going to happen if frosbel leaves his 2 GFs and his wife, will that amount to 300? Just thinking allowed.
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by vedaxcool(m): 10:14am On Jan 04, 2012
[size=18pt]^^^^

Very Technical question,

lets see, in frosbel beliefs,  a Girlfriend is = to 1/2 wife,

it then follows 2 girlfriends is 1/2+ 1/2 = 1, meaning technicalyl Frosbel has 2 wives, hence if frosbel leaves his his 2 wives (that is one wife plus 2 girlfriend) using the verse I decalre he will gross in 200 wives, to achieve the 300 wives frosbel will have to have 4 girl friends + one wife.

QED[/size]
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by AbuHanifa: 10:25am On Jan 04, 2012
grin grin grin 200? i can's shout! That is even worse that the ascribed 70, If i were frosbel, i will go for 20 GFs and a wife since bible doesnt support 2 or more wives. At least he will compete with biblical solomon. grin grin grin

Plap! How many do u have, at least we can give u a formula to calculate how many men will be allocated. I cant laugh ooo
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by LagosShia: 11:47am On Jan 04, 2012
AbuHanifa:

grin grin grin 200? i can's shout! That is even worse that the ascribed 70, If i were frosbel, i will go for 20 GFs and a wife since bible doesnt support 2 or more wives. At least he will compete with biblical solomon. grin grin grin

Plap! How many do u have, at least we can give u a formula to calculate how many men will be allocated. I cant laugh ooo

Plap practices polyandry.so she would require Jesus to satiate her with 100 husbands!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by plappville(f): 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2012
U ve failed to accept shame for ur miss interpretations. No one interprets the bible without the help of the Holy Spirit.
U cannot change the word of God. God said one man one woman. God never commanded anyone or prophets to marry multiple. But if they do, he does not condemn them for it. We ve seem multiple cases in the bible. When a person choosed to marry more, he has chAnces of sinning against God. Many that did it, found themselves turning from God, while their Children in one jealous case or the other. So As long as God did not make a command on this. Any man that surported it, be it a prophet or bishop, he does that by his own authourity and tradition.

My point is that, From Geneses to Revelation, i'm yet to see where is says. God commanded multiple wives.
Christ is the head of the church, so is The Husband the head of "his" wife. Not wives as u claim.

As we are not promised multiple wives or fathers or mothers on earth. So are we not promised same in Heaven.
U must know that. The bible told that, "one with God is Majority". Is not a physical majority but a spiritual one.

Loosing father or mother or wife for the sake of Christ is have Christ in a Hundredfold. He does not means he will fabric us foriegn fugures. He refares to himself. So stop telling us of what the Martin Luther and other believe. It is not tradition that matter. It is what Christ teaches.
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by plappville(f): 8:00pm On Jan 04, 2012
At LagosShia, before ever i speak about any event or activity Muslims are engaged in. I first of all look at the root of it, that is. The founder. Whatever Muslims are practising today, was also praticed by Muhammed. Multiple wives etc.

Did Jesus, the source of Christianity, without him in which no man can see God. Did he pratice man and woman afare? No. Did he encourage did his disciples indulged in multiple wives afare? No. So u must see why ur co-muslim has failed his tread. He has no understanding of what he has qouted. The bible does not encourages multiple wives. Period!
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by Sweetnecta: 12:12am On Jan 05, 2012
@Plappville: « #46 on: Today at 08:00:52 PM »
[Quote]At LagosShia, before ever i speak about any event or activity Muslims are engaged in. I first of all look at the root of it, that is. The founder. Whatever Muslims are practising today, was also praticed by Muhammed. Multiple wives etc.[/Quote]Abraham father of faith, Jacob who defeated the God of the Bible and all bible believers, David who killed Goliath, Solomon who was the wisest in the Bible, bar none, etc practiced exactly what Muhammad Al Mustapha Ahmad ibn Abdullah {abibullah [as]] practiced. Eba mi gbe Anabi ga eyin Jama'a.

[Quote]Did Jesus, the source of Christianity,[/Quote]Are you for real?

[Quote]without him in which no man can see God.[/Quote]This is your second strike. Didn't Moses see God, according to the Bible? Didn't Jacob defeated God in a wresting match according to the Bible? Didn't Adam was ducking from God in the Garden? I do hope you know that yu have to see first what you are ducking from.

[Quote] Did he pratice man and woman afare? No.[/Quote]That makes him special? Tell me about John the son Zacharia of his pratice man and woman afare, then. [Disclaimer; I am joking with her y'all].

[Quote] Did he encourage did his disciples indulged in multiple wives afare? No.[/Quote]So the nuns and priests are good people I take it because of this, considering your stand against the catholic?

[Quote] So u must see why your co-muslim has failed his tread. He has no understanding of what he has qouted. The bible does not encourages multiple wives. Period![/Quote]I wonder which condemnation the Bible gives on the friend of God, and father of Faiths, Abraham who had multiple wives? I wonder what condemnation leveled on Jacob the father of Israel who his children, the jews are the owner of your salvation? How did the Bible condemn David whose Psalm is what you read to protect yourself, while you certainly ignore the Gospel because you do know it is powerless because "of my own power i can do nothing"? Solomon was so wise that he was the wisest in the Bible [and Jesus was in the Bible].
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by plappville(f): 1:34am On Jan 05, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Plappville: « #46 on: Today at 08:00:52 PM »Abraham father of faith, Jacob who defeated the God of the Bible and all bible believers, David who killed Goliath, Solomon who was the wisest in the Bible, bar none, etc practiced exactly what Muhammad Al Mustapha Ahmad ibn Abdullah {abibullah [as]] practiced. Eba mi gbe Anabi ga eyin Jama'a. 
did i tell u God condemn anyone for marrying multiple wives? I am saying God did not ordered them to practice it.
Apart from Muhammed that allah gave a revelation on his wives. In the bible God did not do it.
Some of the figures that did it sinned against God as a result. Its a self tradition not divine order.
The bible is silent on certain issue, on like this.

Are you for real?
is like i ask u if U are of real that Muhammed id the source of Islam.

This is your second strike. Didn't Moses see God, according to the Bible? Didn't Jacob defeated God in a wresting match according to the Bible? Didn't Adam was ducking from God in the Garden? I do hope you know that yu have to see first what you are ducking from.
My dear, the names u are calling were before Jesus na, they were gone long before Christ came. ok let me break it for u. effect from when Christ was on earth till date. This authority was alttered by him. And it stands.

That makes him special? Tell me about John the son Zacharia of his pratice man and woman afare, then. [Disclaimer; I am joking with her y'all].
U can read meanings. Christ is special if u want, but that was not py point.

So the nuns and priests are good people I take it because of this, considering your stand against the catholic? 

I wonder which condemnation the Bible gives on the friend of God, and father of Faiths, Abraham who had multiple wives? I wonder what condemnation leveled on Jacob the father of Israel who his children, the jews are the owner of your salvation? 
How did the Bible condemn David whose Psalm is what you read to protect yourself, while you certainly ignore the Gospel because you do know it is powerless because "of my own power i can do nothing"? Solomon was so wise that he was the wisest in the Bible [and Jesus was in the Bible].

[b]You should take ur time and see cases of polygamy in the bible and see the outcome of It. 

Some examples of polygamy in the bible.  The first person to be a polygamist was Lamech see (Genesis 4:19-24). We are told He lived six generations after Adam.  He was a murderer.  Only bad was told of him. 

Abraham was also a polygamist (Genesis 16:1-5). Sarai, was unable to have children.  She gave her slave, Hagar, to be Abraham’s wife. Hagar had Ishmael for Abraham.  Sarah later had Isaac, Jealousy arose, this marriage was then full of troubles. 

Another was Esau. the firstborn of Isaac and Rebekah.  Esau married two Hittite women (Genesis 26:33,34).  They caused much grief to Isaac and Rebekah.  

Gideon was a great and brave leader.  He had 70 sons from many wives  (Judges 8:30,31).  What kind of a father could he be to 70 sons?  Not the kind that God wants us to be. 

King Solomon had 700 wives, princesses, and 300 concubines.  His wives turned his heart away from God (1 Kings 11:3).  His downfall as a king was a result of his practice of polygamy.

There is nowhere in the Bible can we find polygamy doing any good.  All said about it shows it causes troubles.  It has done much harm as u can see. So when Jesus came, He kept teaching the one man one wife practise.
[/b]
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by LagosShia: 9:38am On Jan 05, 2012
plappville:

At LagosShia, before ever i speak about any event or activity Muslims are engaged in. I first of all look at the root of it, that is. The founder. Whatever Muslims are practising today, was also praticed by Muhammed. Multiple wives etc.
and hardly anything we muslims practice that is not also either found or supported implicitly or explicitly by your bible and the many prophets mentioned in it.

is it polygamy you are talking about?it is there in your bible in the worst of forms.prophets/men of God are mentioned to have taken tens and hundreds of wives with no condemnation from God.someone has already cited that polygamy was practiced even in the christianity and it it a recent phenomenon that christians stopped practicing it.to the admission of christian leaders/clergy,polygamy is not anti-scripture.

as for the verse in question about Jesus promising you wives in paradise,there is nothing you can say that convincingly prove to us that Jesus will not reward you with wives.and there is nothing we can say that will convince you.the verse is open to interpretation and we are definitely not wrong to say that the verse speaks of wives as reward especially after Jesus promised bread and wine in paradise making it a physical place and not the spiritual fantasy christians are brainwashed to imagine and hallucinate of.

Did Jesus, the source of Christianity, without him in which no man can see God. Did he pratice man and woman afare? No. Did he encourage did his disciples indulged in multiple wives afare? No. So u must see why your co-muslim has failed his tread. He has no understanding of what he has qouted. The bible does not encourages multiple wives. Period!
i beg your pardon! Jesus is not the source of christianity.Paul was.if you accuse Jesus falsely that he is the source,then show us where Jesus called himself the source of christianity.you will never in this world succeed in doing that even if all the protestant churches and catholics join hands on that task.that should be a source of shame for you christians.you claim a founder that never recognized you.where did Jesus call you "christians"?who made you "christians"? Jesus or the devil?Jesus or Paul?

Jesus may have not promoted polygamy and even in the Quran we are told to marry one.but it is not a sin or an "evil" act to marry more than one.at least the bible serves as evidence to my words and my claim on that.simple.
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:29am On Jan 05, 2012
christianity and islam sickens me more by the day. angry
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by manmacho: 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

christianity and islam sickens me more by the day. angry

you will need to go and see the doctor. kiss tongue
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by plappville(f): 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2012
LagosShia:

and hardly anything we muslims practice that is not also either found or supported implicitly or explicitly by your bible and the many prophets mentioned in it.

is it polygamy you are talking about?it is there in your bible in the worst of forms.prophets/men of God are mentioned to have taken tens and hundreds of wives with no condemnation from God.someone has already cited that polygamy was practiced even in the christianity and it it a recent phenomenon that christians stopped practicing it.to the admission of christian leaders/clergy,polygamy is not anti-scripture.

as for the verse in question about Jesus promising you wives in paradise,there is nothing you can say that convincingly prove to us that Jesus will not reward you with wives.and there is nothing we can say that will convince you.the verse is open to interpretation and we are definitely not wrong to say that the verse speaks of wives as reward especially after Jesus promised bread and wine in paradise making it a physical place and not the spiritual fantasy christians are brainwashed to imagine and hallucinate of.
i beg your pardon! Jesus is not the source of christianity.Paul was.if you accuse Jesus falsely that he is the source,then show us where Jesus called himself the source of christianity.you will never in this world succeed in doing that even if all the protestant churches and catholics join hands on that task.that should be a source of shame for you christians.you claim a founder that never recognized you.where did Jesus call you "christians"?who made you "christians"? Jesus or the devil?Jesus or Paul?

Jesus may have not promoted polygamy and even in the Quran we are told to marry one.but it is not a sin or an "evil" act to marry more than one.at least the bible serves as evidence to my words and my claim on that.simple.

U are missing in action then, others like, [b]Mormon, Ellen G. White, Joseph Smith, Kim Clement, Mark Charonna, Juanita Bynum, Brigham Young, Benny Hinn, including Muhammed, [/b]All these people ve found been qualified by the bible according to them. They ve all come and go, there is one thing that stands still, it that, the word of the diving scripture will remain unchanged. U cannot use it to suit your religion. Use your book.

I never told u Polygamyis a sin,  u must read my post over again sir.

Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:09pm On Jan 05, 2012
manmacho:

you will need to go and see the doctor. kiss tongue

yes you are right. not just a doctor, i need to go to the international medical association and W.H.O to alert them about this dangerous epidemic disease called[i] christianity [/i] and[i] islam[/i].
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by plappville(f): 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

yes you are right. not just a doctor, i need to go to the international medical association and W.H.O to alert them about this dangerous epidemic disease called[i] christianity [/i] and[i] islam[/i].

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by Sweetnecta: 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2012
@Plappville How far now?
this is my attempt to resurrect this interesting thread. I love how the christians are saying wife is singular when they only marry 1 here, a self imposed torture because I have not a christian man who doesnt ohhhh and ahhhh about women, unless he is guy. the likes of olaadegbu was forgetting conveniently that Jesus promised 100 folds [100 times] whatever you leave for his sake. Not the sake of God Who sent him.

@Fellis: enjoy the fun. read both pages. Page 2 of this thread is not less interesting.
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by Sweetnecta: 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
@Plappville:
by plappville(f): 1:34am On Jan 05

did i tell u God condemn anyone for marrying multiple wives? I am saying God did not ordered them to practice it.
Apart from Adam [as] Biblical God was silent about marriage. So how do you know what he want? Maybe this is why Jesus did not marry. You should have practiced what Jesus who you call God did instead of marrying and going against him, while you are following Adam and Eve who you call sinners.

Apart from Muhammed that allah gave a revelation on his wives. In the bible God did not do it.
Yahweh was silent about all types of marriages after He gave Eve to Adam. So how do you justify any other, when you consider Adam and Eve no good example to follow?

Some of the figures that did it sinned against God as a result.
How did they sin? Sin is disobedience. Where is the law that any of them broke since Adam and Eve were sinners in your eyes for being one husband and one wife? The logical thing to do is the opposite of Adam and Eve of the Bible and thats exactly what Abraham did.

Its a self tradition not divine order.
which one is divine nau, woman? Show us couple of divine tradition of marriages.

You should take ur time and see cases of polygamy in the bible and see the outcome of It.

Some examples of polygamy in the bible. The first person to be a polygamist was Lamech see (Genesis 4:19-24). We are told He lived six generations after Adam. He was a murderer. Only bad was told of him.
The first person to be a one wife man from the Bible was Adam. You said he committed sin so much that he and his wife were sent out of the garden to the world and survive by hard labor, wife must suffer pain of pregnancy and now submissive. All mankind is smeared by the sin that it required Yahweh Himself to come to the earth as His own son and get killed. Yet some will still end up in hell partly because of the sin of Adam after all of this, from the pages of your Bible. Jesus is not good enough it seems.

Abraham was also a polygamist (Genesis 16:1-5). Sarai, was unable to have children. She gave her slave, Hagar, to be Abraham’s wife. Hagar had Ishmael for Abraham. Sarah later had Isaac, Jealousy arose, this marriage was then full of troubles.
Isaac had only one wife. His marriage was worse.

Another was Esau. the firstborn of Isaac and Rebekah. Esau married two Hittite women (Genesis 26:33,34). They caused much grief to Isaac and Rebekah.
Rebekah caused more grief as she deceived the blind man Isaac, connived against her own first son Esau. Tell me whats good about the marriage of Isaac and Rebekah if you now any?

Gideon was a great and brave leader. He had 70 sons from many wives (Judges 8:30,31). What kind of a father could he be to 70 sons? Not the kind that God wants us to be.
Do you know whats wrong about being a father to even 1 child, mother? Remember you said this man was "GREAT LEADER".

King Solomon had 700 wives, princesses, and 300 concubines. His wives turned his heart away from God (1 Kings 11:3). His downfall as a king was a result of his practice of polygamy.
The children of Israel made a gold yahweh for themselves in form of a calf. They married 1 wife each. The sin committed by a community resulting in great punishment is apparently worse than an alleged sin committed by a man who was the wisest in the Bible, made a king and you and the jews sing his songs in your worship of what you worship. This same man, his old temple is what jews and christians want to see built, today. How bad is this man, then? Not bad at all, I say.

There is nowhere in the Bible can we find polygamy doing any good.
Polygamists that God made special; Abraham is the father of the greatest faith. Then jews and christians say their faiths are from Abraham, when in reality you dislike him and both faith started long after him. Jacob was the owner of the next covenant, which you a christian woman say the man Jesus is part of that very covenant. Well Jesus was never married so we would not talk about him. Although he asked that the spirit from God, not ghost will be another comforter and he is the one to give final verdict of all things. Follow another comforter. I say this another comforter allows 1 to 4 wives by his Lord commandment. You may be actually jealous about more than 1 wife idea. After all you are a woman and you want it all.

All said about it shows it causes troubles. It has done much harm as u can see. So when Jesus came, He kept teaching the one man one wife practise.
And Jesus himself didnt see fit to show you this 1 wife thing by actually practicing it. You see that in actuality, Jesus was silent about marriage. So was John. The biggest trouble in marriage according to the Bible is the troubles we see in Adam and Eve; first disobedience meaning first sin, first sweating for food, first childbirth labor, first murderer and first victim were their son. I have more but holding back for now. The best Biblical solution is from the never married Jesus. Most christians run away from his solution. See. You people are hypocrites.
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by Sweetnecta: 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
@Plappville:
by plappville(f): 1:34am On Jan 05

Apart from Adam [as] Biblical God was silent about marriage. So how do you know what he want? Maybe this is why Jesus did not marry. You should have practiced what Jesus who you call God did instead of marrying and going against him, while you are following Adam and Eve who you call sinners.

Yahweh was silent about all types of marriages after He gave Eve to Adam. So how do you justify any other, when you consider Adam and Eve no good example to follow?

Some of the figures that did it sinned against God as a result.
How did they sin? Sin is disobedience. Where is the law that any of them broke since Adam and Eve were sinners in your eyes for being one husband and one wife? The logical thing to do is the opposite of Adam and Eve of the Bible and thats exactly what Abraham did.

Its a self tradition not divine order.
which one is divine nau, woman? Show us couple of divine tradition of marriages.

You should take ur time and see cases of polygamy in the bible and see the outcome of It.

Some examples of polygamy in the bible. The first person to be a polygamist was Lamech see (Genesis 4:19-24). We are told He lived six generations after Adam. He was a murderer. Only bad was told of him.
The first person to be a one wife man from the Bible was Adam. You said he committed sin so much that he and his wife were sent out of the garden to the world and survive by hard labor, wife must suffer pain of pregnancy and now submissive. All mankind is smeared by the sin that it required Yahweh Himself to come to the earth as His own son and get killed. Yet some will still end up in hell partly because of the sin of Adam after all of this, from the pages of your Bible. Jesus is not good enough it seems.

Abraham was also a polygamist (Genesis 16:1-5). Sarai, was unable to have children. She gave her slave, Hagar, to be Abraham’s wife. Hagar had Ishmael for Abraham. Sarah later had Isaac, Jealousy arose, this marriage was then full of troubles.
Isaac had only one wife. His marriage was worse.

Another was Esau. the firstborn of Isaac and Rebekah. Esau married two Hittite women (Genesis 26:33,34). They caused much grief to Isaac and Rebekah.
Rebekah caused more grief as she deceived the blind man Isaac, connived against her own first son Esau. Tell me whats good about the marriage of Isaac and Rebekah if you now any?

Gideon was a great and brave leader. He had 70 sons from many wives (Judges 8:30,31). What kind of a father could he be to 70 sons? Not the kind that God wants us to be.
Do you know whats wrong about being a father to even 1 child, mother? Remember you said this man was "GREAT LEADER".

King Solomon had 700 wives, princesses, and 300 concubines. His wives turned his heart away from God (1 Kings 11:3). His downfall as a king was a result of his practice of polygamy.
The children of Israel made a gold yahweh for themselves in form of a calf. They married 1 wife each. The sin committed by a community resulting in great punishment is apparently worse than an alleged sin committed by a man who was the wisest in the Bible, made a king and you and the jews sing his songs in your worship of what you worship. This same man, his old temple is what jews and christians want to see built, today. How bad is this man, then? Not bad at all, I say.

There is nowhere in the Bible can we find polygamy doing any good.
Polygamists that God made special; Abraham is the father of the greatest faith. Then jews and christians say their faiths are from Abraham, when in reality you dislike him and both faith started long after him. Jacob was the owner of the next covenant, which you a christian woman say the man Jesus is part of that very covenant. Well Jesus was never married so we would not talk about him. Although he asked that the spirit from God, not ghost will be another comforter and he is the one to give final verdict of all things. Follow another comforter. I say this another comforter allows 1 to 4 wives by his Lord commandment. You may be actually jealous about more than 1 wife idea. After all you are a woman and you want it all.

All said about it shows it causes troubles. It has done much harm as u can see. So when Jesus came, He kept teaching the one man one wife practise.
And Jesus himself didnt see fit to show you this 1 wife thing by actually practicing it. You see that in actuality, Jesus was silent about marriage. So was John. The biggest trouble in marriage according to the Bible is the troubles we see in Adam and Eve; first disobedience meaning first sin, first sweating for food, first childbirth labor, first murderer and first victim were their son. I have more but holding back for now. The best Biblical solution is from the never married Jesus. Most christians run away from his solution. See. You people are hypocrites.
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by Sweetnecta: 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
@Wetu and Olaadegbu:
by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:59am On Nov 02, 2011

wetu:

Mar 10:30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Those who can see the truth let them see it. Those who want to be ignorant let them be ignorant.

Thanks for sharing this. A hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. And this is KJV. We notice that there is nothing like a hundred wives here.
mothers ether just like wives or even wife. if you leave horses, camels, cattle, etc not on the list, you dont get 100 folds? Was Jesus teasing you above or you guys are ad readers or just playing deception [altakiyya of christians]?

Luke also captures this saying in the verse below:

"And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or [b]parents,[/] or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come everlasting life" (Luke 18:29-30).
normally you have 2 parents a mother and a father and since you christians imposed the law of 1 wife on yourself, here you have it. while your wife may have children for you, your leaving her for Jesus many include your children too. But Jesus promised you 100 fold of what you left. So if its 1 wife, 100 is what you have in return, pretty or ugly they come even it might have been dislike was your reason you left her for Jesus. You will get 100 of what you left, exactly.

Check the plurals against the singular, the present time and the world to come. You will notice that wife is in the singular He did not say wives,
He said 100 fold. Is that too difficult for you to grasp or 100 fold means 1 wife still to you? By the way what do you need any wife for if you are only going to be singing and no more need of her as you used to on earth?

and that this will happen in this present time and if it is for the kingdom's sake he will be rewarded with everlasting life. There is no marriage or giving in marriage in heaven.
so you are saying what Jesus meant was 100 fold for 1 wife all on earth? Who has Jesus fulfilled this promise to on earth or are you people all hypocrites not leaving your wife for 100 fold? What does your woman get if she is the one who left the husband? Nothing? I say you are being hypocritical because there is se.x in christian heaven and Adam and Eve performed it.

If you are to understand anything at all know that one man is only entitled to one wife and not many wives in this present time and that there is no marriage in heaven.
this is your make up, your selfish understanding. The reality is different.
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by Sweetnecta: 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
@Olaadegbu: If you deny that 100 fold for 1 wife left will be in heaven, where is your sincere christian[s] receiving the 100 fold on earth? Or with all your Bible thumping you are a hypocrite not deserving it or you will never leave your beautiful wife of Jesus? Notice that the operative action is "leave" and there is no cause to do it except for the "sake" of Jesus assuming that you are a follower.

My brothers have done a good job on you. Below is what Lagosshia presented to show there is real merriment expected in Christian heaven, if there is one:
by LagosShia: 10:51pm On Jan 03
wow!

so christians will not get 4 or even the alleged 72 wives christian missinaries like to accuse muslims of!!!

they will get 100!!!!

also,Jesus promised them bread and wine:

PHYSICAL PARADISE IN THE BIBLE JUST AS THE ONE MUSLIMS BELIEVE IN AND NOT THE 'SPIRITUAL' FANTASY CHRISTIAN DREAM OF BASED ON THE TEACHINGS OF PAUL

how can humans made up of blood and flesh be transformed into 'spiritual beings'?

TREES AND FOOD AND PRECIOUS STONES IN EDEN ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE

Genesis 2:7-9
7 the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Ezekiel 28:13
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you: ruby, topaz and emerald, chrysolite, onyx and jasper, sapphire, turquoise and beryl. Your settings and mountings were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared.

Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib[a] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

WIFE IN PARADISE

FLESH IN PARADISE AND EYES TO SEE GOD!

Job 19:26 -27
26 And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

DRINKING IN THE BIBLICAL PARADISE

Matthew 26:29
29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

EATING BREAD IN PARADISE

Luke 14:15
15 When one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, “Blessed is the one who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God.”

JESUS WAS TAKEN UP WITH PHYSICAL BODY

Luke 24:51
51 While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven.

PAUL'S CONTRADICTION OF A PHYSICAL PARADISE BASED ON IMAGINATION

It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. (1 Corinthians 15:44)

I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. (1 Corinthians 15:50)

JESUS EATING AFTER HIS ALLEGED RESURRECTION (hint:its either Jesus did not die and resurrect or after resurrection and life returns people still have physical bodies.christians should make a choice!)

Luke 24:41-43

41 And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate it in their presence.
See what was understood in the time of Jesus, instead of what Paul said opposing it.
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by truthislight: 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2012
vedaxcool: Mathew 19
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an [size=18pt]hundredfold,[/size] and shall inherit everlasting life.

KJV

It seems Christians too are going to enjoy a 100 wives in Heaven

bad guy,

dont spoil this ma bros o grin
vedaxcool: Mathew 19
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an [size=18pt]hundredfold,[/size] and shall inherit everlasting life.

KJV

It seems Christians too are going to enjoy a 100 wives in Heaven

bad guy,

dont spoil this ma bros o
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by ijawkid(m): 2:18pm On Aug 24, 2012
Now this is one scripture that has gotten me to believe the fact that definitly more righteous persons will inherit the earth indeed forever.....

Because how else or where else will those who have lost there wife for Jesus's sake get them back in manifolds since there's no marraige in heaven??

That verse says ""now In this present world and that to come"".....

This verse is explicit..........

Hey y'all christians trying to defend this verse............

The verse is straigth forward ,,,,there's no much explanation to it..... The right explanation is just what is needed rather than defending what is not..........

These faithful ones will indeed receive there wives they've lost here on earth and not in heaven..........

Matthew 5:5 says it all....

Matthew 5:5
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.

Shikena!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by Sweetnecta: 3:05pm On Aug 24, 2012
^^^^^^ The meek will inherit the earth, if only they are righteous. At the end they will die.

In the verses in OP, Jesus said in the REGENERATION. Then the 12 disciples will be judging the 12 nations/tribes of Israel.

And whoever left 1 wife will be rewarded with 100 [wives] fold.

Where did you come up with it being on earth before death and not on the day when the 12 nations/tribes of Israel will be judged? Or the judgment of them will be before they died while they have been dying since Jesus made this promise?

You seem not to believe Jesus or you lack comprehension or both or even worse.

Read about physical heaven spoken by Jesus

WIFE IN PARADISE

and understood by his 12 disciples where bread, wine, etc and things of physical activities will happen. Unlike the lies of Paul that I am sure you will post to deny the Biblical Jesus and physical heaven.
Re: Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives by ijawkid(m): 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
Sweetnecta: ^^^^^^ The meek will inherit the earth, if only they are righteous. At the end they will die.

In the verses in OP, Jesus said in the REGENERATION. Then the 12 disciples will be judging the 12 nations/tribes of Israel.

And whoever left 1 wife will be rewarded with 100 [wives] fold.

Where did you come up with it being on earth before death and not on the day when the 12 nations/tribes of Israel will be judged? Or the judgment of them will be before they died while they have been dying since Jesus made this promise?

You seem not to believe Jesus or you lack comprehension or both or even worse.

Read about physical heaven spoken by Jesus and understood by his 12 disciples where bread, wine, etc and things of physical activities will happen. Unlike the lies of Paul that I am sure you will post to deny the Biblical Jesus and physical heaven.

Ur still arguing this fact....

Meek ones will possess the earth forever....

Try consulting psalms 37:9-11, and 29....

Meek ones or rigtheous ones will dwell on this earth too forever.....

This best explains what Jesus meant......

That's d bible talking....

Persons don't marry in heaven neither are women being given in marriage in heaven.....

So what ever the wife that will be re-gained by faithfull persons,that will occur on this earth.....but ofcus on a new earth,not this crazy system we are living in now.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Religion Be Logical? / Once Saved, Saved Forever? / Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.