Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? (17059 Views)

Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? / What Is "Car Running Rich" And "Car Running Lean"? / How much does it cost to renew car papers in your state - 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by Princeton92(m): 8:56am On Dec 23, 2023
Abeg how much is driver's license renewal now?

I lost my wallet yesterday and na my license pain me pass cause I renewed it for 5years to expire 2025 but now.... 😢
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by Sonofgod1990(m): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2023
jamesversion:

My Lexus IS 250 never expire, but when I renewed my Lexus RX350 last Tuesday I was surprised to see that Proof of ownership now expires. Also for police clearance, they requested for my NIN which I submitted.

Police clearance 20
Insurance 10k
VL 2700
RW + MOT+ Proof = 15k
Total 48k

I still dash the girl 2k when I picked it up at Revenue House.
Bro pls help me wit something. ground no leavel for now please
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by Scarrr: 8:58am On Dec 23, 2023
jechona:

Newly introduced by Tinubu.
thanks
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by jechona(m): 8:58am On Dec 23, 2023
spencekat:
Police clearance is a one off stuff naa.
Now renewable
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by Kukutente23: 8:59am On Dec 23, 2023
jechona:

They said it is now renewable
No bro. That's a lie
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by UnemployedGradu: 9:22am On Dec 23, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Which one be all those
Many many things

The only documents way dey inside my lexus Es 350 na
Proof of ownership
Drivers licence
And vehicle licence
One receipt like that way them write Edo state internal revenu carrying certificate of road worthiness

Nothing like police clearance

Wether the thing don even expire self I nor know
I dey drive like that any police hold me we fight
Slawomir, naa man you be.
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by atesunate16(m): 9:22am On Dec 23, 2023
Ondo State
Saloon Car
Insurance 15,000
Vehicle License 3,000
Road Worthiness 4,500
Proof of ownership 1,000

Total 23,500

Need a backend dev for your project? Let’s chat

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by casualobserver: 9:24am On Dec 23, 2023
spencekat:
The way insurance fee jumped from 5k to 15k is alarming.

This country is too hard, you Better Japa to uk and pay £54 for MOT, £50-£2000 (average£ 255) for road tax and anywhere from £500-4000 for car insurance…at least you onLy pay for drivers license once in your lifetime.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by Mosba: 9:30am On Dec 23, 2023
Kwara State less than 20k except for trucks. Last time I renewed my papers there I spent 16500
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by abibun: 9:36am On Dec 23, 2023
10k in Katsina for orginal
7k for fake( FRSC can never decode, except with computer
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by bobbiiee: 9:37am On Dec 23, 2023
I thought police clearance was on hold. When did they start it? How come there is no awareness like the newly introduced road worthiness yearly renewal?

joyandfaith:

Proof of ownership is a latest development. It is about 1k and yearly.
Police clearance is new digital central motor registry, about 5 to 6k but not yearly.
From a WhatsApp page
Nigerian Police is at it again. This time around is what they call Police Central Motor Registry Information System (CMRIS). It costs 5k and it is yearly thing (was introduced by Tinubu). A friend and colleague of mine parted with 40k for not having it when he was stopped at police check point on a highway somewhere in the Southeast. They collected the 40k with abeg. Something that would have been done with not more than 6k. If you have not done yours, it takes about 20 minutes to do it online with the following information, your NIN, email address, phone number, vehicle registration number, the chassis number, the engine number, the vehicle colour, year of manufacture, model, make of the vehicle etc. Just go to NPF CMRIS https://cmris.npf.gov.ng/
follow the instructions to create a profile and make payment. The certificate will be sent to the email you provided. Then go to a business centre and print out a copy shikena.
The breakdown of the cost is as follows: Fee – N5,000.00, VAT – N375.00, bank charges - N190.00, printing about N200.00, total cost about N6,000.00. The beauty of it is that you can do it at the comfort of your home any time any day. Don’t fall a victim and spend unnecessarily with abeg. Do it now or meet someone who can do it to help you out. If you go to licensing office or police stations to do it, they collect as much as between 15k to 20k. Where Police demand this is where they know that you do not have a choice (very lonely place and they know that you are at their mercy) other than to part with your hard-earned money. If you claim ignorance, they have a copy to show you there. They no dey smile o. Tell others cos information is power and many people are not aware of this and are falling victim every day.
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by Emmanuel602(m): 9:44am On Dec 23, 2023
12,500 for everything. Location Jigawa state

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by DanielsParker(m): 9:48am On Dec 23, 2023
Omoh here in Enugu, proof of ownership is 2k.
I renewed my papers in October for N12,500 everything .
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by DOYY(m): 9:52am On Dec 23, 2023
This is informative, the newly introduced police CMR is now required. As usual police will extort car owners for this.

Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by greggng: 9:53am On Dec 23, 2023
Kukutente23:

No sir

The FG made it mandatory to renew proof of ownership every year since last year.
Na FG under Bubu be the problem not Nigerians.
Also be careful, proof of ownership can't be 1k o. Don't go and do fake

I have been doing authentic paper for people for donkey years...i know what I am talking about . When you register your car from tokunbo you are given every necessary document ...including proof of ownership certificate ....Only recently the govt now said proof of ownership is subject to renewal .. They gave the renewal money to he 1k yearly but agents collect 2k ...In the process of doing your road worthiness ..you will be issue the proof of ownership ...what happened is that you now have two proof of ownership in your document . You cab argue this bit this us what I do for a living ...May be someone has bee scamming you
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by Ishilove: 9:54am On Dec 23, 2023
jechona:
I was trapped by some police women today at mile one, Port Harcourt and they said my proof of ownership and police clearance has to be renewed so I called my FIRS agent to get update and she said;

Police clearance ..... 15k
Insurance .....15k
Road worthiness, MOT and proof of ownership .... 12.5k
Vehicle licence ... 3k

Total... 45.5k

And I was like wdf? Just to renew one car? Its like Tinubu is out to kill us. Please how much is it currently in your state?
This is the first time I'm hearing you renew police clearance.

Licence -3,300
POF- 1,500
Road worthiness- 6,500
Insurance - 15,000

Total - 24, 300
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by bobbiiee: 9:55am On Dec 23, 2023
In 1998 I lost my 1st driver's license the week i got it. For about 20 years now, I scan and make at least 10 coloured photocopies of my driver's license, that will serve me for 5 years when another renewal will be made. With those i drive.

Princeton92:
Abeg how much is driver's license renewal now?

I lost my wallet yesterday and na my license pain me pass cause I renewed it for 5years to expire 2025 but now.... 😢

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by Ishilove: 9:56am On Dec 23, 2023
sleek214:
It's 22k in Abuja. It used to be 12k but insurance was increased from 5k to 15k, so it is now 22k. There's nothing like "police clearance".
I was wondering o. I have never heard that police clearance is renewed and my agent, who is a Road Safety personnel has never told me this

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by Hectroy(m): 9:57am On Dec 23, 2023
Police clearance comes in during the first documentation after buying your car unless it was misplaced. I don't see the need to include it. However I spent N15k for 3rd party insurance and N14k recently for License, proof of ownership and road worthiness.

jechona:
I was trapped by some police women today at mile one, Port Harcourt and they said my proof of ownership and police clearance has to be renewed so I called my FIRS agent to get update and she said;

Insurance .....15k
Vehicle licence ... 3k

Total... 45.5k

And I was like wdf? Just to renew one car? Its like Tinubu is out to kill us. Please how much is it currently in your state?
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by AdeMoss: 10:01am On Dec 23, 2023
I do not go through 3rd parties. I walk into their office and get it done at the official price.
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by Kukutente23: 10:01am On Dec 23, 2023
greggng:

I have been doing authentic paper for people for donkey years...i know what I am talking about . When you register your car from tokunbo you are given every necessary document ...including proof of ownership certificate ....Only recently the govt now said proof of ownership is subject to renewal .. They gave the renewal money to he 1k yearly but agents collect 2k ...In the process of doing your road worthiness ..you will be issue the proof of ownership ...what happened is that you now have two proof of ownership in your document . You cab argue this bit this us what I do for a living ...May be someone has bee scamming you
You're correct. I just confirmed from the person who did it for me. Apologies
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by greggng: 10:03am On Dec 23, 2023
Kukutente23:

You're correct. I just confirmed from the person who did it for me. Apologies

Merry xmas

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by frankchina(m): 10:05am On Dec 23, 2023
jechona:

Insurance .....15k
Vehicle licence ... 3k

Total... 45.5k

It's 27k in Lagos, I did mine last week
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by Princeton92(m): 10:15am On Dec 23, 2023
bobbiiee:

In 1998 I lost my 1st driver's license the week i got it. For about 20 years now, I scan and make at least 10 coloured photocopies of my driver's license, that will serve me for 5 years when another renewal will be made. With those i drive.

I just dunno why I didn't photocopy no more, I just want to know price of renewal abeg?
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by Lekan239(m): 10:17am On Dec 23, 2023
jechona:

Insurance .....15k
Vehicle licence ... 3k

Total... 45.5k

u only need police clearance for the first registration. Police clearance does not need renewal
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by Lekan239(m): 10:23am On Dec 23, 2023
joyandfaith:

Proof of ownership is a latest development. It is about 1k and yearly.
Police clearance is new digital central motor registry, about 5 to 6k but not yearly.
From a WhatsApp page
Nigerian Police is at it again. This time around is what they call Police Central Motor Registry Information System (CMRIS). It costs 5k and it is yearly thing (was introduced by Tinubu). A friend and colleague of mine parted with 40k for not having it when he was stopped at police check point on a highway somewhere in the Southeast. They collected the 40k with abeg. Something that would have been done with not more than 6k. If you have not done yours, it takes about 20 minutes to do it online with the following information, your NIN, email address, phone number, vehicle registration number, the chassis number, the engine number, the vehicle colour, year of manufacture, model, make of the vehicle etc. Just go to NPF CMRIS https://cmris.npf.gov.ng/
follow the instructions to create a profile and make payment. The certificate will be sent to the email you provided. Then go to a business centre and print out a copy shikena.
The breakdown of the cost is as follows: Fee – N5,000.00, VAT – N375.00, bank charges - N190.00, printing about N200.00, total cost about N6,000.00. The beauty of it is that you can do it at the comfort of your home any time any day. Don’t fall a victim and spend unnecessarily with abeg. Do it now or meet someone who can do it to help you out. If you go to licensing office or police stations to do it, they collect as much as between 15k to 20k. Where Police demand for this is where they know that you do not have a choice (very lonely place and they know that you are at their mercy) other than to part with your hard-earned money. If you claim ignorance, they have a copy to show you there. They no dey smile o. Tell others cos information is power and many people are not aware of this and are falling victim every day.
why not create ur own thread so everybody will see it
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by spencekat(m): 10:31am On Dec 23, 2023
jechona:

Now renewable
Seriously?
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by deavicky(m): 10:32am On Dec 23, 2023
Scarrr:
why are u renewing proof of ownership and police clearance?
that is what tinubu government came with. They want to kill vehicle owns, All this things are paid on a bad road.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by bigcasava1(m): 10:34am On Dec 23, 2023
jechona:

Insurance .....15k
Vehicle licence ... 3k

Total... 45.5k

you must be in southeast

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by MASTERMIND04(m): 10:43am On Dec 23, 2023
DatIgalaDude:

I will really like to get an answer for this question.
Same here. Why should one renew proof of ownership and police clearance? funny thing happen in this country.
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by Cantonese: 10:45am On Dec 23, 2023
jechona:

Insurance .....15k
Vehicle licence ... 3k

Total... 45.5k

You certainly are getting duped by policemen in your state.

We have been told several times that all you need to show to the police on request are the following:

1. Vehicle license
2. Vehicle insurance
3. Driver’s license.

Those are the documents that get renewed on expiration, apart from your road worthiness certificate. My vehicle license would expire on the 24th, but I asked my particulars man to get it renewed. I gave him 5K, which comprised the cost of the document and some Coca-Cola for himself.

Get the police phone numbers, as they come in handy in difficult situations.
Re: How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? by mfm04622: 10:49am On Dec 23, 2023
jechona:

Insurance .....15k
Vehicle licence ... 3k

Total... 45.5k

There is nothing like POLICE CLEARANCE required for renewal of vehicle license! Do you have tinted glasses? Is that the clearance you mean?

Also, you don't need to renew proof of ownership! You get it once and it serves forever!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Traffic Offences In Nigeria And The Penalties / Brake Disc And Abs Problem With Toyota Highlander / Mercedes-Maybach Unveals Vision 6 Cabriolet At Pebble Beach

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.