Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj (41918 Views)

Poll: The Best Musician In Nigeria Is

2face: 70% (143 votes)
Dbanj: 13% (28 votes)
Other: 15% (31 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is Your Best Musician For The Year 2012 / Without Any Doubt 2face Is The Best Musician In Africa. / Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2011
onyebaba:
2baba any tym. Haters pls leave his personal life outta music.

Besides you who mentioned his personal life? Lol.

abbey621:
The truth is D'banj is good but 2face is better, but overall it's definitely Psquare, even when they go outside their comfort zone, they would still put together something better than their counterparts. In Africa, no artiste has more fans than Psquare, if you've seen their tours, you won't dispute this. Listen to Asampkokopto and tell me if that's not originality, every album has been a success, you can't say that for 2face or Dbanj.

This is true. 2 Face is better but P-Square commands fans like no other.
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Okijajuju1(m): 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2011
This is tantamount to music blasphemy!!

Where was D'banj when Plantashun boys were making hits on casettes and Alaba pirates almost use bootleg to throw them out of business?!

Where was D'banj when 2baba dropped the African Queen Album and Kennis music almost leeched him out of business?

Abeg! I respect D'bang as a father in his own corner, but 2Baba remains the boss of all bosses!!

Yess O!
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by philips70(m): 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2011
cant say anything right now but after reading all dem comments am kinda proud of my homie bk in d dayz at coal city. everybody knew he will rule someday. am so moved. he who god has blessed no man can curse. @op you have a handfull. this thread is hereby declared closed!
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by vascey(m): 4:31pm On Nov 03, 2011
@OP Let me help you put this in proper perspective (IMO).

GOD

Tuface

Great Musicians (MI, P-Square, Asa etc)

Ordinary Musicians

D'Banj (the entertainer)

others

As far as I am concerned, no one in Naija (before and present) compares to Tu Baba.

So please you should know that this your comparison is a sensitive matter that can cause a civil war grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Quads: 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2011
2face is probably d only musician in Nigeria u can listen to his album witout skippin a track need i say more?
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by razznaija(f): 5:50pm On Nov 03, 2011
2face
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by moskey: 6:16pm On Nov 03, 2011
2baba is the best while others follow,
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by gascoign1(m): 6:44pm On Nov 03, 2011
King tu baba for president
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by ochukoccna: 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2011
You compare two musicians on whether their music is evergreen not just a six week club banger
we all know the best between this 2 dudes
Even though the winner is comically addressed as Father of nations due to his JT's antics grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2011
Others are just entertainers! Content, delivery, voice, originality-all belongs to Tuface. Many a people fail to excel in life because they follow wrong profession. I think Tuface is made for music. It's only Tuface's songs that I can openly play here in US and everybody will want to listen. Dbanj is better addressed as an entertainer and he is pretty good at that. O seeeeeee. Looking at Nigerian market, Dbanj songs are more marketable and more received than others!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by crown56: 10:14pm On Nov 03, 2011
from my side of view 2feace is better than the guy that call himself dbanj. And nigerian best musician is dare-art-alade
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by MeGaStReEt: 10:31pm On Nov 03, 2011
This is an insult to 2Baba

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Relax101(m): 11:33pm On Nov 03, 2011
Who the heck is Dbanj and Tuface when U have this wonderful guy who remixed M I's african number one.
Abeg see correct talent jare.
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD_xKyr8tPo[/flash]
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by dradoyi(m): 12:06am On Nov 04, 2011
Tuface is definately τ̣̣ђё best in Nigeria n Africa. He is consistent n collaborates with other artist. I think he should be the SI Unit of good music.
My heary bleeds wen u compare a school boy to a prof. Wats happening to our values??

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 04, 2011
Relax101:
Who the heck is Dbanj and Tuface when U have this wonderful guy who remixed M I's african number one.
Abeg see correct talent jare.

I don laff tiya. Belle dey pain me lol.
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:02am On Nov 04, 2011
Honestly, i tire for una shocked. I've just listened critically to your Tubabas 'Raindrops' and 'Outside' that everyone seems to be harping on about, and they're both average to be honest. Or is it the 'African Queen', you want to talk of?: that song is so unbelievably boring and mind-numbing that i could never understand what all the fuss was about.

The first 2 songs of Tuface i mentioned earlier have been out on youtube since june, and have only managed to garner about 8thousand views; the 'Implication' one that's been out since middle of last year (i admit this one has a nice beat to it) has only managed about 44thousand views, and this is someone you guys are holding up as the leading-light on the Nigerian music scene today shocked.

Don't get me wrong, he's ok and could even be better in future, but let's not have a case of 'The Emperors new clothes' here.

I remember when i went to Ghana in 2009, Ghanaians were crazy at the time over 9ices' Gongo aso, and it was one of the song that must be played at any party. It made me proud to be Nigerian. On youtube, the video has got views in the millions and still counting. Same thing with Psquares 'No one like you': i think that's the first Nigerian song that's brought tears to my eyes watching the video angry, and it's loved all over the world. Psquares videos (like Ifunanya) have got views of about 4million+ and counting. The one they did with J Martins has even more. All this shows you the global appeal these artists have, and that they're not local champions. I may be wrong, but i don't think any of Tufaces' videos on youtube has garnered more than 200thousand views, so i don't really know what's going on with all the over-the-top praise and saying he's the best in Nigeria .

Tuface is ok, but he's not the best and i'm starting to think maybe you guys have been 'jazzed' undecided. Haba!!!
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Ayodhejjy(m): 3:10am On Nov 04, 2011
it is known fact that 2face is best, compare his song to others, he is still the best. Love him till i die
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by kooto(m): 7:01am On Nov 04, 2011
why compare 2face & D'banj? 2face will always be 2face & D'banj always D'banj.
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by emmke(m): 12:31pm On Nov 04, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

Honestly, i tire for una shocked. I've just listened critically to your Tubabas 'Raindrops' and 'Outside' that everyone seems to be harping on about, and they're both average to be honest. Or is it the 'African Queen', you want to talk of?: that song is so unbelievably boring and mind-numbing that i could never understand what all the fuss was about.

The first 2 songs of Tuface i mentioned earlier have been out on youtube since june, and have only managed to garner about 8thousand views; the 'Implication' one that's been out since middle of last year (i admit this one has a nice beat to it) has only managed about 44thousand views, and this is someone you guys are holding up as the leading-light on the Nigerian music scene today shocked.

Don't get me wrong, he's ok and could even be better in future, but let's not have a case of 'The Emperors new clothes' here.

I remember when i went to Ghana in 2009, Ghanaians were crazy at the time over 9ices' Gongo aso, and it was one of the song that must be played at any party. It made me proud to be Nigerian. On youtube, the video has got views in the millions and still counting. Same thing with Psquares 'No one like you': i think that's the first Nigerian song that's brought tears to my eyes watching the video angry, and it's loved all over the world. Psquares videos (like Ifunanya) have got views of about 4million+ and counting. The one they did with J Martins has even more. All this shows you the global appeal these artists have, and that they're not local champions. I may be wrong, but i don't think any of Tufaces' videos on youtube has garnered more than 200thousand views, so i don't really know what's going on with all the over-the-top praise and saying he's the best in Nigeria .

Tuface is ok, but he's not the best and i'm starting to think maybe you guys have been 'jazzed' undecided. Haba!!!
u are just been tribalistic. 2 face is waaaay better than p-square. He's the best whether u like it or not.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by adewex(m): 4:07pm On Nov 04, 2011
emmke:

u are just been tribalistic. 2 face is waaaay better than p-square. He's the best whether u like it or not.

2face 2face 2face, The biggest export in africa after Crude Oil, lol
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by adewex(m): 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2011
For more info on 2face follow @2facemaniacs on twitter, thats his twitter fans page, 2face idibia is performing live in londay @ 02 arena on the 6th of NOV, his official handle is @2faceidibia

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Afam4eva(m): 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2011
O boy see gap. Shoe get size indeed. Even "others" has more votes than D'banj. I wonder how many votes D'banj would have gotten, had P square been included the poll.
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by tsadiq(m): 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2011
Best musician should go to 9ice not any of the two.
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Sike(m): 10:37pm On Nov 04, 2011
tsadiq:

Best musician should go to 9ice not any of the two.
But i dont see 9ice listed on that poll
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by tsadiq(m): 7:31am On Nov 05, 2011
@ Sike> for those mentioning 2face ! Have u seen 2face in the poll?
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by Moses247(m): 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2011
Hahaha funny guys, since i create dis topic i never comment oo, oya b4 i drop my own comment, enter Google search for 2face Encyclopedia" dbanj and p-square, then u go know.say 2baba don go far, ooo hmmm check see award, uncountable, no need for frontin 2face is da best in Africa, Shikena!!
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by abagoro(m): 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2011
People can be funny at times.9ice has this problem of his voice being off tune.He might perform better as a traditional musician than trying to fuse hip-hop beats."Gbamu gbamu" is his best song if you understand where I'm coming from.

P Square lacks the solidity in lyrics and composition.They use sampling and street friendly beats in most of their songs but I think they are the best live performers.

Asa,Dare,Rita,Nneka and a few others are real talents but I have problem with their genre(Neo-soul) which seems foreign in origin.

Tuface has beautiful,complex and lyrical songs to his credit but his good looks has all the ladies going for him.He is the most successful but just like others,he has no signature music since reggae,hip-hop and r&b seems to be his genre.

To me J Martins is Naija's best.I think he has invented a new genre of highlife that is a signature of Nigerian music which even fits into other African countries.I see a bright future for this man if he does not deviate.He recently made a "dance" track with Cabo Snoop but still with the background highlife influence.
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by baslone: 10:59am On Nov 09, 2011
emmke:

You see someone mentioning J Martins in a Tuface write up, you sef dey bother yoursef!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by GoodluckOdj(m): 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2012
2face is d best nd d most popular musician

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by GoodluckOdj(m): 3:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
I luv 2baba nd he is d best.
Re: Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj by adim2(m): 6:57am On Dec 07, 2012
Guess its time to drop some two face hits
Rain drop
African queen
Ole
For instance
Ɣøû D̶̲̥̅̊☺̣̣̥̇ŋ't want to go down there
See ♍ƺ as your brother
True love
If love is a crime
Another story
Only ♍ƺ
Wetin i go do

Its tu face all τ̲̅ђe way jor. I can't even count his numerous collabos with other artist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 5 States In Nigeria With The Most Vibrant Music Industry / What Songs Make You Cry?! / Download Dj Khaled Ft Rihanna & Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.