Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust (24726 Views)

How Emefiele Moved Shady ₦400 Billion To Monguno’s Office - Sahara Reporters / How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat / How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Herkim(m): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2023
Emefele is one of the reasons why Nigeria economy is not moving forward due to greediness and high level of corrupt practices.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by rajiedreez: 9:17am On Dec 23, 2023
This same Emefiele that so many people praise for wanting to stop election malpractice. Ole ni everybody

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by justicenms1: 9:17am On Dec 23, 2023
Emiefele has done what even napoleon has not done!! He was high on his position as CBN gov, highness even told him he could be the president of nigeria grin
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by SUNNINO(m): 9:18am On Dec 23, 2023
Mumu, is Emefiele Ibo
richeeyo:
Some tribe once dey reach the top they always leave a dirty mark
Another one dey prison for uk
Another woman wa ruin our economy too dey uk
And dem go dey shout maginazation
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Realdeals(m): 9:20am On Dec 23, 2023
The Buhari cabal held Emefiele by the Jugular, and he also leverage on the illegality he perpetrated on their behalf to carry out his own too.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by nobilie: 9:21am On Dec 23, 2023
Have ypu asked who Isah Funtua is? Buhari's govt is the most currupt ever (in Nigeria). They used Emefiele to milk our country for themselves. Trust me, what Emefiele took for himself is peanut. Tinubu being careful to connect the crimes to buhari. Emefiele should spill all out in court with evidence

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Kukutente23: 9:21am On Dec 23, 2023
thesicilian:
I can understand it's a crime buying the banks (or anything else for that matter) from ill-gotten wealth.
However what I need clarification for is this: is it ethically or legally wrong to buy a bank in distress if you are the CBN Governor, assuming you plan to follow due process?
It is ethically wrong. It is an abuse of process as well as conflict of interest.

That said, the report could not directly link Emefiele. It ended with a suspicion. I've been laughing since yesterday when I saw the news. The Obazee report has been a waste of time.
Tinubu is not serious with anything. I'm not surprised though. Dogs don't eat dogs.

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Foreign231(m): 9:22am On Dec 23, 2023
My question be say, why was he holding Bible like someone who truly has the fear of God ?

3 Likes

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Blackdisciple(m): 9:23am On Dec 23, 2023
To be honest this man is not supposed to be freed but many says he was only doing Buhari's biding but behind Buhari's biding he was doing shady things which no one knows.

He deserves life in jail with hard labour, he is lucky he wasn't Central Bank of China boss useless fellow that don't have the country at heart

2 Likes

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Kukutente23: 9:23am On Dec 23, 2023
spiSeyi:
These are mere speculations and propaganda to call the dog a bad name so that it can be hanged just like what Abacha did to OBJ, Gen. Yaradua and the rest in 1995 (like PBAT like Abacha cool) grin. If PMB and his cabals/cousins are not prosecuted then PBAT is only witch-hunting Emefiele because he stood a presidential contest against him and refused to step down at BAT's will. After all, the scarcity of cash that brought this upon Emefiele is reoccurring as we speak despite the ousting of Emefiele as CBN governor.
There is more to Emefiele's arrest but APC is more of a fraternity than a political party undecided. PBAT and the current CBN governor should address why the scarcity of cash is resurfacing undecided
I'm surprised you wrote this.
There might be hope for you after all
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Mosba: 9:25am On Dec 23, 2023
First thing first, make I close my account with Emefiele banks, I can't transact business with Satan incarnate

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by delejoye: 9:26am On Dec 23, 2023
Wickedness runs deep in the blood of some Nigerians and it's a pity we don't pity our fellow country men when committing some atrocities across board. People are becoming hopeless and depressed by the day and some in the corridor of power are stealing with reckless abandoned. The financial corruption perpetrated in Nigerian is worse than human blood money ritual. Please have mercy upon this country.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by princeabdul(m): 9:28am On Dec 23, 2023
I need him to reveal people that involved in stealing Nigeria's wealth.

Please I have jerseys for club and country, you can send in your order. Nationwide delivery, prices ranges from 20k to 9k
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Opexzy: 9:29am On Dec 23, 2023
thesicilian:
I can understand it's a crime buying the banks (or anything else for that matter) from ill-gotten wealth.
However what I need clarification for is this: is it ethically or legally wrong to buy a bank in distress if you are the CBN Governor, assuming you plan to follow due process?

Yes it is... You can't be the head of a regulating agency and also own a majority stake in the entities you are regulating, that's abuse of power. Simply put, you can't be a judge in your own case.

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Mexyz(m): 9:29am On Dec 23, 2023
Why do I feel like our current government is scared of going after Buhari and all the corrupt people that worked for him, rather they choose to use the media to expose him to Nigerians and act like they don't know.

There's absolutely no secret source anywhere exposing these things to the media, it's the government of the day that's releasing the investigator's report bit by bit to the media.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by spiSeyi: 9:29am On Dec 23, 2023
Kukutente23:

I'm surprised you wrote this.
There might be hope for you after all
Is it Emefiele who carried out this horrific act alone undecided why is the cash scarcity resurfacing exact time it started last year even though we now have a new CBN Gov the PBAT administration made us believe that it was Emefiele who was hoarding cash to cause the cash scarcity. Is Emefiele still there as we speak It is high time we need to start questioning the obvious undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Dididrumz(m): 9:30am On Dec 23, 2023
This Emefiele really did some terrible things oooo
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Sedonxavi: 9:31am On Dec 23, 2023
The spirit of innocent citizens that lost their life to his Naira redesign policy won't allow him to have peace for his rest of life

4 Likes

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by 12345baba(m): 9:31am On Dec 23, 2023
Daily trust? One of the most useless news outlet to depend on. Believe them at ur peril

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by thesicilian: 9:34am On Dec 23, 2023
naturefellow:
likes of emiefele would not follow due process. As seen in his shot for the Presidency while sitting as CBN Governor.
I know he'll likely not have followed due process. But what I'm just asking is for those who choose to
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Beuberry(f): 9:34am On Dec 23, 2023
Chimookigwe:

How many months did it take them to convict the person that authorised Dasuki?
Them never convict that one naa. After this regime another person ll be dragged too. It's a politics of using someone as scapegoat. Be like say them dey sign agreement sef.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by thesicilian: 9:37am On Dec 23, 2023
Kukutente23:

It is ethically wrong. It is an abuse of process as well as conflict of interest.

That said, the report could not directly link Emefiele. It ended with a suspicion. I've been laughing since yesterday when I saw the news. The Obazee report has been a waste of time.
Tinubu is not serious with anything. I'm not surprised though. Dogs don't eat dogs.

Conflict of interest, I agree sha. But it just doesn't seem fair that for instance I'll see a massive opportunity to buy a company I've been wanting to buy for ages, but because I'm now the CBN Governor I cannot buy it even if i want to follow due process.

I also read the write-up and could not see a direct link between the acquisitions and Emefiele.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by naturefellow(m): 9:38am On Dec 23, 2023
thesicilian:

I know he'll likely not have followed due process. But what I'm just asking is for those who choose to
sure, they'll not be scrutinised this much.

Did you read the recent story on Union Bank by David Hundeyin?

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by longayink: 9:38am On Dec 23, 2023
Talking nonsense as usual while Buhari cools off in his village after he and his tribesmen looted Nigeria dry.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Cajal(m): 9:38am On Dec 23, 2023
BossGerald:

So Emefiele is igbo today??

I didn't know Anioma/ika of delta state are igbos...wonderful cheesy

But according to you they're igbos...why are you so confused and double mouthed
Emefiele...delta ndigbo
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by thesicilian: 9:40am On Dec 23, 2023
Opexzy:

Yes it is... You can't be the head of a regulating agency and also own a majority stake in the entities you are regulating, that's abuse of power. Simply put, you can't be a judge in your own case.
Yeah, I guess so.
Would it then be better if I resign from the position in order to pursue the purchase? Surely that should resolve the ethical dilemma?
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by thesicilian: 9:41am On Dec 23, 2023
naturefellow:
sure, they'll not be scrutinised this much.

Did you read the recent story on Union Bank by David Hundeyin?
If you can get the link let me see pls
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Abagworo(m): 9:41am On Dec 23, 2023
Only a stupid person will pay attention to all these allegations to paint Emefiele black. They started with accusing him of sponsoring IPOB and since then have been going like roller coaster from one allegation to another all in a bid to tarnish his image. Now that another Naira scarcity is here will they still blame him?
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by richeeyo(m): 9:42am On Dec 23, 2023
naturefellow:
dieziani is not Ibo.
You lose all your intellect when you play the tribal card. Crimes knows no tribe. Shun tribalism!
Was a particular tribe mentioned, why is ur tribe talking it personally
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by richeeyo(m): 9:43am On Dec 23, 2023
89green:

People like you remain the reason for Nigeria's optimum backwardness, you can't even spell simple words correctly
The spelling be your own issue, take it up with Microsoft
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by longayink: 9:48am On Dec 23, 2023
Mexyz:
Why do I feel like our

current government is scared of going after Buhari and all the corrupt people that worked
for him, rather they choose to use the media to expose him to Nigerians and act like they don't know.

There's absolutely no secret source anywhere exposing these things to the media, it's the government of the day that's releasing the investigator's report bit by bit to the media.

Bolded above: because Buhari warned that anyone coming after him must be in trouble.
Buhari became untouchable since 2001 when he swore in Kaduna, before a large crowd of Muslims, that he would not stop until all the states of Nigeria start to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal laws.
From that period, Buhari became a cult among Muslims in Nigeria. He started to get his million times million votes in the north. Tinubu profits from Buhari's popularity.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by dododawa1: 9:51am On Dec 23, 2023
Emefiele Kept £543.4m in Fixed Deposit, Operated 593 Bank Accounts, Manipulated Exchange Rate—Investigator

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tambuwal Probes The “Abduction” Of Patience Paul In Sokoto / Militants From Ondo, Not Bayelsa Or Delta, Attacking Lagos– Gani Adams. / Solomon Dalung Visits Survivors In Hospital After Convoy Accident. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.