Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train (43297 Views)

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience / A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by SamuelOamen: 1:33pm On Dec 31, 2020
The Lagos-Ibadan rail line is a double-track standard gauge rail, the first of its kind in West Africa. It is the first part of a new 2,773km Lagos-Kano standard gauge line. The newly introduced train provides fully air-conditioned train services.

It is important to note that wearing a face mask, and having an identification card – passport, national ID, work ID, or voters' card – is compulsory to buy a ticket at the counter.

Here are things to note about boarding the train;

1. The train departs from Chief Obafemi Awolowo Station, Moniya, Ibadan at 8:00am and arrives Mobolaji Johnson Station, Ebute Metta, Lagos State at 10:41am.

2. Also, the train departs Mobolaji Johnson Station, Ebute Metta, Lagos State at 4:00pm and arrive Chief Obafemi Awolowo Station, Moniya, Ibadan at 6:41pm.

3. The ticket details are as follows;

Economy Class ticket - N2,500
Business Class ticket - N5,000
First Class ticket - N6,000

4. The train has only one coach for the First Class, there are two coaches available for the Business Class.

5. The new service is operating on a limited schedule with just two trains a day but will expand to 16 daily departures once construction on stations is complete.

6. Currently, there are two stations in operation; the Mobolaji Johnson Station, Ebute Metta, Lagos State and the Chief Obafemi Awolowo Station, Moniya, Ibadan.

7. There is also 5 minutes stopover at Prof. Wole Soyinka Station, Laderin, Abeokuta. Travellers going to Abeokuta will alight and while those going to Ibadan/Lagos will also join the train.

8. In lagos, the place to board the train is the train station at Alagomeji bus stop, Yaba. It is an old building.

Direction: Go on the road from Ojuelegba through Tejuosho to burst out at yaba. Once you get to the end of tejuosho road, turn right and just keep going down like you are going to the end of the road. Keep looking at your right where you have the BRT lane, you would see Alagomeji bus stop. Right next to the bus stop is the entrance to the train station.

9. The train station in Ibadan is at Moniya. It is a 10 minutes drive from Ọjọọ main park in ibadan, and about 20mins to Iwo road park (if there is no traffic).

10. It is also important to arrive at the train station at least 30 minutes before departure time. This is to allow you have time to purchase tickets and register.

Enjoy your ride!

https://thenationonlineng.net/10-things-to-know-about-boarding-new-lagos-ibadan-train/

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Synord(m): 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2020
Some people are complaining about the train prices .

A lot of people are dependent on white collar jobs solely and forget that the Nigerian economy is not favourable to the Average citizen .

Everyday taxes , increase in commodity price , lack of infrastructure and enabling business environment for business and startups etc . It is almost like Nigeria Is set up to frustrate you .

I earn 6 figures a month as a lawyer with a start up firm but it’s still really never enough . If not for my affiliate and digital marketing skills , only God know where I for day . Maybe I for don day do yahoo yahoo now grin.

Programming , Data science and Digital marketing are very reliable alternative source of income or business anyone can venture into and be rest assured of steady significant income in Nigeria . If you are interested you can check the link in my signature .

Feel free to also read more on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6289756/experience-making-income-through-digital

My phone contact is also there for further clarifications or directions .

May we all a financially rewarding 2020 wink

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by chatinent: 1:40pm On Dec 31, 2020
If the train is so good, why is the man on the fourth seat holding his head in regret?

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by dawnomike(m): 1:46pm On Dec 31, 2020
The major challenge Ibadan people have with this lovely but expensive train service is the location of the train station... It is not in a strategic location at all. Moniya is almost like an outskirts of Ibadan

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by decatalyst(m): 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2020
dawnomike:
The major challenge Ibadan people have with this lovely but expensive train service is the location of the train station... It is not in a strategic location at all. Moniya is almost like an outskirts of Ibadan

Yeah...you are very correct.

I do hope they will speed up the activation of the other stations. The Dugbe station is very strategic for Ibadan residents.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by ALARAPE22(m): 2:04pm On Dec 31, 2020
Good for the trainer...... Oga Micra carry me to where I can see 500 motor to Lagos.

50 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Homeboiy: 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2020
Waiting for the day the will do train from Benin City to markudi

20 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by cpu2006(m): 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2020
this is wonderful!!!!!!!!!. Nigeria is making progress

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by yemex04(m): 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2020
chatinent:
If the train is so good, why is the man on the fourth seat holding his head in regret?

My brother that's not a sign of regret o.. the AC is hammering his head ni o

165 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Tolexander: 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2020
chatinent:
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Golden057(m): 2:15pm On Dec 31, 2020
Waiting for recruitment to apply for this job

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by longetivity(m): 2:15pm On Dec 31, 2020
God bless Buhari on this

15 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by chatinent: 2:18pm On Dec 31, 2020
yemex04:

My brother that's not a sign of regret o.. the AC is hammering his head ni o

Lol. You mean the AC is hammering his head of regrets? undecided

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by officialsaw01(m): 2:20pm On Dec 31, 2020
Interesting

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by BigSarah(f): 2:24pm On Dec 31, 2020
Driving takes 1hr 30mins at least the last time I was in Ibadan 2017..local transport cost 1100 or 900 naira....Most train riders would be those interested in photoshoot, since the train doesn't even guarantee early arrival ...
In most countries government trains and buses are meant to aid commute for low earners. Please dont quote me arguing about how comfortable the trains are or how the AC is as cold as Siberia temperature.
Oh well

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Obagreatdatoye(m): 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2020
Nice thread

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by dawnomike(m): 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2020
decatalyst:

Yeah...you are very correct.

I do hope they will speed up the activation of the other stations. The Dugbe station is very strategic for Ibadan residents.
Dugbe is the best... But the rail line at Dugbe is the old rail, and it is not linked to this new one in any way. So, i guess everyone will have to make do with the one at moniya if you are to travel to Lagos via train.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by johnmartus(m): 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2020
How do you sleep self?
chatinent:

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by NGpatriot: 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2020
The boarding fee you posted is wrong.

This train ridder paid just N600.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Obaodunmorun162: 3:00pm On Dec 31, 2020
[i][/i]God bless Baba Buhari
SamuelOamen:

The Lagos-Ibadan rail line is a double-track standard gauge rail, the first of its kind in West Africa. It is the first part of a new 2,773km Lagos-Kano standard gauge line. The newly introduced train provides fully air-conditioned train services.

It is important to note that wearing a face mask, and having an identification card – passport, national ID, work ID, or voters' card – is compulsory to buy a ticket at the counter.

Here are things to note about boarding the train;

1. The train departs from Chief Obafemi Awolowo Station, Moniya, Ibadan at 8:00am and arrives Mobolaji Johnson Station, Ebute Metta, Lagos State at 10:41am.

2. Also, the train departs Mobolaji Johnson Station, Ebute Metta, Lagos State at 4:00pm and arrive Chief Obafemi Awolowo Station, Moniya, Ibadan at 6:41pm.

3. The ticket details are as follows;

Economy Class ticket - N2,500
Business Class ticket - N5,000
First Class ticket - N6,000

4. The train has only one coach for the First Class, there are two coaches available for the Business Class.

5. The new service is operating on a limited schedule with just two trains a day but will expand to 16 daily departures once construction on stations is complete.

6. Currently, there are two stations in operation; the Mobolaji Johnson Station, Ebute Metta, Lagos State and the Chief Obafemi Awolowo Station, Moniya, Ibadan.

7. There is also 5 minutes stopover at Prof. Wole Soyinka Station, Laderin, Abeokuta. Travellers going to Abeokuta will alight and while those going to Ibadan/Lagos will also join the train.

8. In lagos, the place to board the train is the train station at Alagomeji bus stop, Yaba. It is an old building.

Direction: Go on the road from Ojuelegba through Tejuosho to burst out at yaba. Once you get to the end of tejuosho road, turn right and just keep going down like you are going to the end of the road. Keep looking at your right where you have the BRT lane, you would see Alagomeji bus stop. Right next to the bus stop is the entrance to the train station.

9. The train station in Ibadan is at Moniya. It is a 10 minutes drive from Ọjọọ main park in ibadan, and about 20mins to Iwo road park (if there is no traffic).

10. It is also important to arrive at the train station at least 30 minutes before departure time. This is to allow you have time to purchase tickets and register.

Enjoy your ride!

https://thenationonlineng.net/10-things-to-know-about-boarding-new-lagos-ibadan-train/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Asquare84(m): 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2020
dawnomike:

More station are being constructed
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by wwwihy: 3:10pm On Dec 31, 2020
chatinent:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Asquare84(m): 3:10pm On Dec 31, 2020
BigSarah:
Driving takes 1hr 30mins at least the last time I was in Ibadan 2017..local transport cost 1100 or 900 naira....Most train riders would be those interested in photoshoot, since the train doesn't even guarantee early arrival
Oh well

If you ply the train you will never enter any local vehicle again, the inside is just exactly like a plane, very comfortable with air-conditioning, and restaurants

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by wwwihy: 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2020
NGpatriot:
The boarding fee you posted is wrong.

This train ridder paid just N600.
That is Ibadan to Abeokuta. Op is correct

15 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Perfectsouth(m): 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2020
Ok
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Pettah: 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2020
Visit my signature if you bet on football matches
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2020
Obaodunmorun162:
God bless Baba Buhari
A very BIG AMEN.
God bless you too

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by MVLOX(m): 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2020
Not bad
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 31, 2020
chatinent:

he just heard his wife is in a hotel with another man and he wont get there in time to catch them..

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2 Military Jets Collide Mid-Air At A Texas Air Show, 6 Dead (Video) / A Story Of How I Got Deported From Canada(pictures) / Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.