Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience (29945 Views)

10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train / A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Newyorkitis(m): 12:22pm On Dec 23, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Ransome won’t be free oo

Just so you know

Hahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahahahaaha

Abeg, I had to burst out with laughing after stumbling on your comment.
It's sad , really sad.
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by aylipple: 12:30pm On Dec 23, 2023
Got my own ticket (AKRS) early hours of this morning.

However, I suspect a network glitch which occurred while trying to secure a seat on the train, led to me getting two tickets (two different seats numbers).

During the course of securing the seat online, the system timed out & logged me out. I tried again & after several minutes of waiting, I got a successful response. It appears the first one which timed out was actually ticketed but I didn't know that until I checked the app this morning to see I've got two tickets.
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by texas1990(m): 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2023
Risingblue008:
So na achievement b dis or what?
I
Go tell that to your miserable dad at home
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Alliswell248: 12:48pm On Dec 23, 2023
Kukutente23:

Idiotiiic answer
Try again

Sore losers....
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Dybala11(m): 12:53pm On Dec 23, 2023
herkeem:

Ransome kor. There's adequate security on ground.
Hope the security is adequate along the route too and not just at the stations alone?
Something like this has happened before o, wherein a train was attacked by bandits/kidnappers leading to lose of lives, properties and several kidnap victims that only got released after paying ransom to the kidnappers. Inasmuch as this is a laudable effort by the government, please stay safe out there. 🙏
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Menclothing: 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2023
The time I use this train 🚂 best facility own by government currently
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by izubext007: 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2023
Where can I travel to Anambra from Abuja for free
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by nextBIGthing: 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2023
herkeem:
Good vibes all around.

Can I book ahead

I’m trying to book ahead but it’s not bringing any available option.

What’s the perfect time to book ticket ?
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Bahamas95(m): 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2023
It's so annoying whenever I see Nigerians celebrating mediocrity.
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by herkeem: 3:12pm On Dec 23, 2023
nextBIGthing:

Can I book ahead

I’m trying to book ahead but it’s not bringing any available option.

What’s the perfect time to book ticket ?
You can only book a day ahead.
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by 7upnigeria: 3:15pm On Dec 23, 2023
Nice

Meanwhile my experience last week on the train that runs from Warri to Itakpe Kogi State was horrible.

Toilet was non-functional, the
Luvinghubby:
coach
was smelling shit, AC was switched off halfway on the journey.

I think the wheels need alignment because the whole coach was vibrating as the train moves.

ME:
Which coach? Pochettino or Guardiola
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Kay25(m): 3:34pm On Dec 23, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Ransome won’t be free oo

Just so you know
Keep having negative thoughts it will consume u eventually
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by PaulH07: 3:43pm On Dec 23, 2023
Luvinghubby:
Nice

Meanwhile my experience last week on the train that runs from Warri to Itakpe Kogi State was horrible.

Toilet was non-functional, the coach was smelling shit, AC was switched off halfway on the journey.

I think the wheels need alignment because the whole coach was vibrating as the train moves.

Maybe na the old train you go enter undecided
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by ObaaOfYorubaLan: 4:13pm On Dec 23, 2023
eepeepook:
One day, I will try Nigerian trains. I never get the time yet.

Dey save money for ransom wey you go take bail yourself out for the hands of abductors grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Oladecent: 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2023
Dont be too happy. You're indirectly paying double elsewhere.
And I give you just 6month max and let's see if you'd still take it free of charge.
Every sector is f*kd up jere
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by mechanics(m): 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2023
Congrats.
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Becoted001(m): 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2023
Even to book for tomorrow, there is no available space. Is it possible to get a seat at the train station without booking online? There is no available seat as of now for tomorrow.
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by UNDFTD: 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2023
Now, to my Easterners (southeast and so called south-south) who still hope and believe that your failed country, Liegeria would ever treat you as a bonafide citizen, did you get a FREE train ride or transportation to your destination in this Christmas period? Absolutely NOT! For a start, you do NOT have any train service traversing your part of the country despite the fact that your son, Rotimi Amechi, was a Transport Minister for at least 4 years. And was responsible for making sure that the train service gets to every part of the country especially to those areas that have high ridership. But he was so engrossed in self loathing and depravation that he felt no guilt in making sure that his people were "shunted." So, to all of you who believe in One nigeria, if you do NOT read the handwriting on the wall and realize now that your claim to Nigerian citizenship is in name only, be ready to suffer more depravation, marginalization and subjugation in the coming months and years. Remember, there's "NOTHING ONE about One Nigeria."
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by herkeem: 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2023
Becoted001:
Even to book for tomorrow, there is no available space. Is it possible to get a seat at the train station without booking online? There is no available seat as of now for tomorrow.
Not possible. Check out other classes.
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by ceasare: 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2023
herkeem:

Ransome kor. There's adequate security on ground.
Did u book before going to d station online or u got paper ticket at d station( free off course)?
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Error401: 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2023
how many of your family members have been kidnaped? appreciate good things for once oponuuu

AqualinaXYZ:
Ransome won’t be free oo

Just so you know
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by kolakolex: 6:53pm On Dec 23, 2023
herkeem:
Early this week news were going round that that the Federal Government of Nigeria has declared that all train travels in Nigeria will be free from the 21st of December to the 4th of January. So I said let me try it out. I created account in their website and booked the train. At first it wasn't successful because I chose standard class, later it went through when I booked the business class. All in all this is my experience.

It's a very fascinating experience.
We too off this morning from mobolaji Johnson train station ebute meta to Ibadan and I personally stopped at

1. Booking: Booking the tickets was hitch free. All you need is to create account at https://nrc.gsds.ng/login
Log in with your details. You need your BVN and phone number to book online. You can also book for friends and families once you have their BVN.

2. The Station: The train stations are still well maintained and many of the facilities are still in pretty good condition. However they are been underutilized. Maybe the NRC should let out some of the building at the stations to food vendors and shopping centres.

3. The Journey: The journey from Obafemi Awolowo Train Station to Ransome Kuti Station in Ebute Metta Lagos was fun. It took only 2 hours 30 minutes. I think the 30 minutes was for the stops at the stations along the way. The AC was chilly all through the journey and food is available for purchase in the train as no food is allowed to be brought on board.

4. Security: There is adequate provision for safety both at the train station and on the train. Nigerian Army personnel and NSDCD officials were all on ground.

5. The Vibes: The Vibes at the stations and on board the train was cool. The government should be commended for the free train as this is one of the benefits of being a citizen.

Lastly, the government should extend the train tracks to other parts of the country so that the dividend of good governance can be felt by all and sundry.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP1twKiA0dk

Very exciting experience
I came to Ibadan via the free train transport this morning and it was fun.

From mobolaji Johnson train station ebute meta to Ladoke Akintola train station Omio Adio.

Their toilet wasn't smelling good at all,I don't know why the stench from the toilet like they have not flushed it for decades.

Apart from d above ,the AC in the standard class was superb.The coaches were very clean.

I honestly enjoy the ride.
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by herkeem: 7:22pm On Dec 23, 2023
kolakolex:

Very exciting experience
I came to Ibadan via the free train transport this morning and it was fun.

From mobolaji Johnson train station ebute meta to Ladoke Akintola train station Omio Adio.

Their toilet wasn't smelling good at all,I don't know why the stench from the toilet like they have not flushed it for decades.

Apart from d above ,the AC in the standard class was superb.The coaches were very clean.

I honestly enjoy the ride.
People don't know how to flush the toilet after use.
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by herkeem: 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2023
ceasare:

Did u book before going to d station online or u got paper ticket at d station( free off course)?
Book online even a day before your journey.
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:28pm On Dec 23, 2023
But we are struggling to travel to the east with bus

Who do us this
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by loswhite(m): 6:02am On Dec 24, 2023
dododawa1:
Emefiele Kept £543.4m in Fixed Deposit, Operated 593 Bank Accounts, Manipulated Exchange Rate—Investigator

BUHARI EMEFELIE will riot in pot of Hilda
Lolso who is manipulating the exchange rate right now? If the private investigator actually said he manipulated exchange rate then the investigator is just another kolo
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by EmperorCaesar(m): 10:00am On Dec 24, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
This isn't an achievement!

If Nigeria was sane, there would have been train rail 🚂 across the entire country, not building train way in one region of the country, then in another region from Sokoto to Niger republic

Guy rest

Read about the Natural law of attraction and how it works

U dnt have to be negative about anything,as much as it's not an achievement,it would have been worst if there are no beneficiaries

U can't tell those who benefit from it that they should be sad about it

It doesn't make sense to be unnecessarily negative
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Kingrshd3: 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2023
lexy2014:

is the government doing the citizens a favour that they have to be praised?

D good roads and the good things in Nigeria l'oke basic amenities even if not good 200% is it ur father that created.those things or the government too

Basic education for the whole Nigeria from d time of awolowo till date is it ur father or the government that did that too??

So you should know if government are of our favour or not 🚫
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by lexy2014: 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2023
Kingrshd3:

D good roads and the good things in Nigeria l'oke basic amenities even if not good 200% is it ur father that created.those things or the government too

Basic education for the whole Nigeria from d time of awolowo till date is it ur father or the government that did that too??

So you should know if government are of our favour or not 🚫

OFFPOINT

is the government doing the citizens a favour that they have to be praised? simple yes or no
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Nwanna2588: 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2023
What about coming back?
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by Kingrshd3: 10:48am On Dec 25, 2023
lexy2014:

OFFPOINT

is the government doing the citizens a favour that they have to be praised? simple yes or no

I understand u but are they zero useful or at least trying that's my question ⁉️

because I can also ask u which country pay their graduate 33k after graduation for a year ..

But here in Nigeria our government are doing it 🤔
Re: I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience by lexy2014: 11:26am On Dec 25, 2023
Kingrshd3:

I understand u but are they zero useful or at least trying that's my question ⁉️

because I can also ask u which country pay their graduate 33k after graduation for a year ..

But here in Nigeria our government are doing it 🤔
OFFPOINT

is the government doing the citizens a favour that they have to be praised?

simple yes or no

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja / Truck Crushes Man To Death In Port Harcourt (photos) / Three Die In Lagos Bus Explosion (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.