Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar (16630 Views)

Kaduna Refinery To Be Ready By Q4 2024, Says Lokpobiri / Abia State Government House Completed By Ikpeazu (Photos) / Police, NDLEA Bicker Over Confessional Video Of Suspects Arrested With Abba Kyar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by MightySparrow: 5:58am On Dec 24, 2023
Miskel:
Hopefully we'll get it right this time

You are getting it joor.

Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by InvertedHammer: 6:17am On Dec 24, 2023
Melagros:
We have started hearing time adjustment now, when the media both the social and the mainstream media informed us earlier that everything is OK. Now we're hearing a different story
Apc with lies, na so Buhari went to Ethiopia and hire an aeroplane, deceived Nigerians that the plane belongs to Nigerians until now that we discovered that it was a fraud
/

They know that most Nigerians with functioning brain and resources have japa. They are left with majority of people who will believe anything and shout kumbaya! even if you tell them the moon is made out of cheese. grin

/

1 Like

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by lexy2014: 6:59am On Dec 24, 2023
SmartyPants:

Thats a misinterpretation of what was said. The PH refinery has two refineries in one. An old one that was refurbished and is now completed. And the next phase is to focus on the other refinery.

PH can start refining from January while work on phase two commences.

pls show us where everything you just said is what Kyari said in the story
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by lexy2014: 7:00am On Dec 24, 2023
MightySparrow:

You are getting it joor.

Nigeria will be great again.

if you are saying Nigeria will be great again, what was Nigeria all this while? was it mediocre?
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Cool83(m): 7:01am On Dec 24, 2023
In a simple term, phase one that is complete will produce 60,000 barrel per day, while phase two which will be completed in 2024 will complement it with 150,000 barrel

2 Likes

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by nairalanda1(m): 7:03am On Dec 24, 2023
Cool83:
In a simple term, phase one that is complete will produce 60,000 barrel per day, while phase two which will be completed in 2024 will complement it with 150,000 barrel

Which is kind of what most Nigerians missed.
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by SmartyPants(m): 7:06am On Dec 24, 2023
lexy2014:

pls show us where everything you just said is what Kyari said in the story

Show me where I said everything i said is from what Kyari said in this particular story.

I said the person I quoted misunderstood, then i explained the background to what Kyari said to help give clarity.
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by lexy2014: 7:09am On Dec 24, 2023
SmartyPants:

Show me where I said everything i said is from what Kyari said in this particular story.

I said the person I quoted misunderstood, then i explained the background to what Kyari said to help give clarity.

from the story, where did Kyari say the following

SmartyPants:

Thats a misinterpretation of what was said. The PH refinery has two refineries in one. An old one that was refurbished and is now completed. And the next phase is to focus on the other refinery.

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by SmartyPants(m): 7:16am On Dec 24, 2023
lexy2014:

Can you read at all? I SAID I GAVE A BACKGROUND TO WHAT KYARI SAID!

Meaning i am sharing facts that are not necessarily stated in this particular article.
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by pocom35: 7:22am On Dec 24, 2023
Eriokanmi:
So, is the first phase completed is going to refine petrol by December 2023 as you reassured Nigerians abi? You can only fool your gullible supporters cos that's not what you told us. You said the refinery would commence refining by December and December is ending in a few days, now, its another story of phases.
It is the first phase which is the old refinery which they claim to have mechanically completed..

The second phase was never promised this year

1 Like

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by pocom35: 7:23am On Dec 24, 2023
Cool83:

Very simple

1 Like

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by lexy2014: 7:24am On Dec 24, 2023
SmartyPants:

Can you read at all? I SAID I GAVE A BACKGROUND TO WHAT KYARI SAID!

Meaning i am sharing facts that are not necessarily stated in this particular article.

what has this story or the points raised by the other gentleman got to do with two refineries?

SmartyPants:

pls what did phase one entail and what does phase two entail?
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by ufotunang: 7:27am On Dec 24, 2023
Lot of Scammers in this APC government
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by ufotunang: 7:29am On Dec 24, 2023
They are Just deceiving nigerians about this port refinery.. nawaoooo 🙄
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by ufotunang: 7:29am On Dec 24, 2023
They are Just deceiving nigerians about this port Harcourt refinery.. nawaoooo 🙄
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by ada9ja(f): 7:32am On Dec 24, 2023
Melagros:
We have started hearing time adjustment now, when the media both the social and the mainstream media informed us earlier that everything is OK. Now we're hearing a different story
Apc with lies, na so Buhari went to Ethiopia and hire an aeroplane, deceived Nigerians that the plane belongs to Nigerians until now that we discovered that it was a fraud

So una dey trust APC and their mumu followers

The truth is that those refinery cannot perform anymore. Whe new ones around the state where oil is coming from. Even if it small which will serve regionally. Assuming they start like that...by now it would have been a thing of the past

1 Like

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by lexy2014: 7:35am On Dec 24, 2023
Bluntemperor:

You are the one dishing out wrong information!
What iv been reading is that at least 70% of this project is completed,so whare did you sort your own news.
Afterall,this Refineries have been abandoned for a decade ( over ten years) , without any meaningful solutions by the Politicians in Nigeria!
So,if as they are making progress and is being shown to us,then let it be and all we Nigerians should do is to continue to ask for finishing Works there,it our Social responsibilities to demand for the best!
Although,NNPC like other MIDAS-e g DISCOS can never be trusted because of Corruption.
Hope, the National Assembly - can get the latest assessment and issues queries to the NNPC on why they can't keep agreement with Nigerians but only good at extension of Projects because of selfishness!

where did you read that 70% of this project has been completed?

which phase does the 70% fall into and what did it entail?

did you witness the 70% completion yourself?

the phase 2, what will it entail?
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by lexy2014: 7:36am On Dec 24, 2023
pocom35:

Read the details carefully..what they have always promised is phase one rehab to be completed this month which they have fulfilled..phase two is going to be next year
.if they keep to their words as well..

The refinery rehabilitation contract was awarded to be executed in phases.. Google is your friend

can you pls show us where they promised phase1?

this phase1, what did it entail?

what will phase2 entail?
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Jay0079: 7:43am On Dec 24, 2023
Q4 na October to December oo abi na me no go school, what happen to December 2023 we will begin production?
Dey play too much in this country
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by lexy2014: 7:44am On Dec 24, 2023
DeLaRue:

There is absolutely no controversy here. The press, including Arise TV, has been reporting it for several months that there are 2 refineries within the same area in Port Harcourt and only one would be refurbished this year.

One, which is about 60 years old and has 60 thousand bpd capacity (which is the one every one who follows the news know is being refurbished - just completed).

The other one is, I believe, about 40 years old and has 150 thousand bpd capacity. Refurbishment of this one will start now that the much older one has been completed.

Many people simply do not follow the news keenly. They see things on social media and jump into it with no understanding.

The old refinery that has just been completed has not produced a single litre of oil for about 30 years despite OBJ, Yaradua, and Jonathan spending hundreds of billions on it. Yet, the last govt has achieved a full refurbishment in just a few years. Yet, you people are cursing.

So, what is wrong with finishing one refinery before moving to the other. Do you not know that the project can only proceed at pace of the Italian contractor's capacity?

Do you also know how difficult it is to completely refurbish a refinery that is based on technology that is no longer in use. Infact the original company that built the refineries refused to bid for the refurbishment work because they could not cope with the ardouos work that would be involved. Most foreign companies were not interested.

The Italian company who agreed to do the work is having to re-engineer most of the parts needed for the refinery and they have imaginatively redone a 60 yr old derelict refinery in a short time under immense pressure from the govt, and yet all many of you can do is still condemn their ingenious work on the old refinery

The government has already paid all the contract fee upfront but the Italian company could not work on 2 completely different refineries at the same time, and that is perfectly understandable.

Now they hope to finish the 2nd refinery in a years time, yet you people's histrionics is palpable.

If something has not worked for more than 20 years, and we have only 1 year to wait for it to work, what is the bid deal. And we now have one that can produce 60 thousand bpd in the interim.

Doing anything for Nigeria is a thankless job.

what has two refineries got to do with the story?

is Kyari talking about 2 refineries or just one refinery?

according to you "The old refinery that has just been completed has not produced a single litre of oil for about 30 years despite OBJ, Yaradua, and Jonathan spending hundreds of billions on it."

I can see that you carefully left out Buharis name. are you saying that Buhari didnt spend a dime on the refineries?

if you say that "The old refinery that has just been completed", then which phase2 is Kyari talking about?

you claim that "the last govt has achieved a full refurbishment in just a few years". pls when did the last administration achieve "full refurbishment" and which refinery? did the refinery or refineries not produce after the "full refurbishment"?
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by SmartyPants(m): 7:46am On Dec 24, 2023
lexy2014:

what has this story or the points raised by the other gentleman got to do with two refineries?

I've explained already and this is your last reply. The Port Harcourt refinery has two refineries. There is the smaller 60bpd refinery which is the original one constructed, and there is a newer one that is also in disrepair.

Phase 1 as I explained in my first posts, is the rehabilitation of the smaller, older 60 bpd refinery. This is the one that is ready for production.

Phase 2 is the refurbishment of the bigger, newer finery.

What Kyari said, is simply that work is done on phase 1, and now they are moving to phase 2.

This is a literal quote from the article:

Phase one of this refinery is 60,000 barrels per day, the other one is 150,000 bpd. So we have a complementary 210,000bpd refinery,”
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by lexy2014: 7:56am On Dec 24, 2023
SmartyPants:

I've explained already and this is your last reply. The Port Harcourt refinery has two refineries. There is the smaller 60bpd refinery which is the original one constructed, and there is a newer one that is also in disrepair.

Phase 1 as I explained in my first posts, is the rehabilitation of the smaller, older 60 bpd refinery. This is the one that is ready for production.

Phase 2 is the refurbishment of the bigger, newer finery.

What Kyari said, is simply that work is done on phase 1, and now they are moving to phase 2.

This is a literal quote from the article:

from the same article that you quoted, where did Kyari say the following

SmartyPants:

did the story say anything about two refineries?

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by DeLaRue: 8:06am On Dec 24, 2023
People just never listen to detail.

There are 4 government refineries in Nigeria.

1 in Kaduna
1 in Warri
2 in Port Harcourt.

One of the 2 in Port Harcourt has now been fully refurbished, as the government promised.

The contractor will now move on to the 2nd Port Harcourt refinery which they hope to complete in late 2024.
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Eriokanmi: 8:20am On Dec 24, 2023
pocom35:

It is the first phase which is the old refinery which they claim to have mechanically completed..

The second phase was never promised this year
so, which one did they say would refine this December?
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by pocom35: 8:31am On Dec 24, 2023
lexy2014:

can you pls show us where they promised phase1?

this phase1, what did it entail?

what will phase2 entail?

You never engage in constructive criticism so I will not respond to you..

It is no news that the promise right from when Timipre was petroleum minister (state) is that they will restore 60,000 bod first which is the old complex.

Even the contract agreement from the date FEC approved $1.5 bn says the rehab is in phases
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by pocom35: 8:33am On Dec 24, 2023
Eriokanmi:
so, which one did they say would refine this December?
Phase one which is the old port Harcourt Refinery about 60,000 bdp
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Eriokanmi: 8:36am On Dec 24, 2023
pocom35:

Phase one which is the old port Harcourt Refinery about 60,000 bdp
But it failed to refine in dec as they promised us...

1 Like

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by pocom35: 8:38am On Dec 24, 2023
Eriokanmi:
But it failed to refine in dec as they promised us...
Yes
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Greenfusion: 8:42am On Dec 24, 2023
Story story, storyyyyyy!, once upon a time, time time!......and there was a country.......
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Omobude244: 8:44am On Dec 24, 2023
KingKO22:
IPOBidients are sad as always 😂🤣🤣😂😂😂

Phase one is ready and phase two to be completed by 2024 despite the evil wishes of the enemies of Nigeria yet God disgrace them
Accidental lovers of Nigeria
When GEJ was in power, u guys threatened to burn down the country.
Can u please help us with pictures of what was done in phase one and how many litres of crude is been refined there

If u can't provide these, u are a complete Ozour and u will remain orue for the rest of ur life

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Ayare: 8:50am On Dec 24, 2023
KingKO22:
IPOBidients are sad as always 😂🤣🤣😂😂😂

Phase one is ready and phase two to be completed by 2024 despite the evil wishes of the enemies of Nigeria yet God disgrace them
You are nothing but a goat
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by femi4: 9:00am On Dec 24, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Una don start

If I say make Thunder fire Tinubu now e go be like I no get respect

But I no go talk am make i close mouth
Dey play..phase 3 by 2025, till he leaves office and another minister will come on board.....uncover serious misappropriation of funds and start his own rehabilitation in phase ....Its a fvcking loop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? / Nigerian Man Files Suit Against Buhari And INEC At Lagos High Court. Photos / Pauline Tallen Meets Amina Mohammed At UN (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.