Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,284 members, 7,811,837 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar (16620 Views)

Kaduna Refinery To Be Ready By Q4 2024, Says Lokpobiri / Abia State Government House Completed By Ikpeazu (Photos) / Police, NDLEA Bicker Over Confessional Video Of Suspects Arrested With Abba Kyar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Mccullum: 9:47pm On Dec 23, 2023
Let the 60 barrel of distilled products produced first.

Let the hope of Nigeria be renewed with faithful purpose of the government agenda.
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Helpfromabove1(m): 9:47pm On Dec 23, 2023
H
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Evolutionism: 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2023
grin grin grin

It can only get Worse and Worse.

2 Likes

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by slowice(m): 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2023
Even devil no lie reach this ones lol..... Agbado miscreants how market

3 Likes

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by hotseat: 9:51pm On Dec 23, 2023
This amounts to shifting the goalpost at the middle of the game.

These conflicting dates of completion were kept secret not until now.

The Federal Government continues to act in a way that makes citizens to doubt everything about their promises.

Now, we have to wait until the Q4 or the end of 2024?

You guys got to be kidding me!

2 Likes

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by UNDFTD: 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2023
Lies, Lies, and Lies! I can NOT for the life of me understand why the government keeps lying to Liegerians at every turn. I bet you this Port Harcourt refinery would never become operational come next year. It will always come up with excuses as to why. I blame the citizens for being so naive and gullible and willing to give its government a pass and defend its inaction.

5 Likes

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by OmoNla99: 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2023
Ty
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by SmartyPants(m): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2023
reiddecuti:
I said it on; https://www.nairaland.com/7945166/port-harcourt-refinery-recommences-operation#127552055 that until I see refined petrol from that refinery hitting the street I ain't believing nnpcl, some miscreants who can't comprehend started quoting me upandan.

Now this is coming out from the horses mouth. Q4 of 2024 will reach, a new date will be set.

They'll keep setting and breaking records of unfulfilled promises all by themselves.

I don't blam them but the people who have decided to be dumb.

Thats a misinterpretation of what was said. The PH refinery has two refineries in one. An old one that was refurbished and is now completed. And the next phase is to focus on the other refinery.

PH can start refining from January while work on phase two commences.

4 Likes

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Benwallt(m): 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2023
Just say December next year and forget last quarter balderdash

2 Likes

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by pocom35: 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2023
AcuraZDX:
LeoDeking Yarimo Seunmsg Madridguy FreestuffNG accidental lovers of NIGERIA howfa?

Read the details carefully..what they have always promised is phase one rehab to be completed this month which they have fulfilled..phase two is going to be next year
.if they keep to their words as well..

The refinery rehabilitation contract was awarded to be executed in phases.. Google is your friend

1 Like

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by jaxxy(m): 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2023
we never knew it was phase1 they were completing In December only to hear its a scam and phase2 is not completed Dec next year meaning refinery is not ready. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by SouthSouth1914: 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fraudulent government didn’t even do anything

2 Likes

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by eclatante: 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2023
Nawa embarassed
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Yelight(m): 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2023
"The Minister of State Petroleum Resources (Gas), Ekperikpe Ekpo, said the PHRC would produce COOKING GAS".

COOKING GAS Abi?

1 Like

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Phantom233: 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2023
That's a subtle way of saying December 2024. But believe me just like OBJ said, that thing is just an avenue of syphoning public funds just like Buhari did during his useless tenure.

4 Likes

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Erukulele(m): 10:24pm On Dec 23, 2023
APC LED FG NO DEY DISAPPOINT!. We know another lamba to counter the celebrated one is in the pipeline.

1 Like

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by TrumpDonald2: 10:24pm On Dec 23, 2023
AcuraZDX:
LeoDeking Yarimo Seunmsg Madridguy FreestuffNG accidental lovers of NIGERIA howfa?

Don't mind those people. I have never seen a set of people so dumb and blind to the truth like them.

A refinery that was abandoned for years. All of a sudden it will start refining in 6 months. And they believed it. 😂😂😂😂😂

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by thinkmoney(m): 10:24pm On Dec 23, 2023
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Winneepye: 10:28pm On Dec 23, 2023
refinery that pdp could not do.
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by kingolu1(m): 10:32pm On Dec 23, 2023
Leadership News

ADVERTISEMENT
Why Nigeria’s Refineries Will Never Work – Obasanjo
Written by Leadership News 4 months ago Reading Time: 3 mins read

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said the four oil refineries in Nigeria will never work.

The four refineries are located in Warri, Port Harcourt and Kaduna.

Obasanjo said the refineries will never work as long as the government continues to hold onto them.

The former president who stated this in an interview with The Cable Online Newspaper, said Shell Oil Development Company turned down his offer to them to run the refineries.

He disclosed that after much persuasion the managing director of Shell, at the time, listed four reasons why the oil company wouldn’t get involved in running Nigeria’s refineries, including “too much corruption in refineries.”

Recall that President Bola Tinubu last month assured that the petroleum refinery in Port Harcourt will start working by December 2023.

RELATED
CBN Intervention Funds Boost Non-oil Export Earnings
Plateau Court Orders Seizure, Sale Of CBN Vehicle Over N12m Judgement Debt
4 HOURS AGO
Nigeria Excluded As WHO Set To Roll Out First Malaria Vaccine
Dengue Fever: WHO Reports 5 Million Cases, 5,000 Deaths Worldwide
6 HOURS AGO
JUST-IN: Tinubu Sacks FAAN, NAMA, NSIB, NiMet, NCAT Bosses, Suspends NCAA DG
Rivers Crisis: Tinubu’s Intervention Lacked Democratic Principles, Say Fubara’s Kinsmen
10 HOURS AGO
Obazee Report: The 17 Allegations Against Emefiele
Emefiele Regains Freedom After Meeting Bail Conditions
11 HOURS AGO

Tinubu, had in a statement by former presidential spokesman, Dele Alake, in August, said the “Port Harcourt refineries will start production by December 2023 after the completion of the ongoing rehabilitation contract between NNPCL and Italian firm, Maire Tecnimont SpA.”

The President stated this when he met with labour unions at the State House in Abuja to halt the last nationwide protest.

Labour, had among other things, demanded the government’s commitment to getting local refineries to work, an objective that has gulped about N11.35 trillion in the last 10 years.

But responding to a question on the state of Nigeria’s refineries in the interview, Obasanjo said, “They will not work as long as the government is keeping hold of them. When I was president, I invited Shell to a meeting. I told them I wanted to hand over the refineries for them to help us run. They bluntly told me they would not. I was shocked.

“I repeated the request and they stood their ground. When the meeting was over, I asked their big man (MD) to wait behind for a little chat. Then I asked him why they were so hesitant on not taking over the refineries. He said did I want to hear the truth? I said yes. He listed four reasons. One, he said Shell makes its money from upstream and that is where its interest lies. Two, he said they only do downstream or retail as a matter of service. Three, he said our refineries would be bad business for them, that globally, companies are going for bigger refineries because of the economics of refineries. Four, he said there is too much corruption in refineries.

“I thanked him for his honesty. I knew we had a big problem in our hands. I had virtually given up hope on the refineries when God did a miracle. Aliko Dangote and Femi Otedola approached me and said they would be interested in buying two of the four refineries. They said they would buy 51 percent stake in Port Harcourt and Kaduna. I was over the moon. I said, finally, this burden would be taken off the neck of the government. They offered $761 million and paid in two instalments. Unfortunately, Umaru (President Yar’Adua) cancelled the sale and returned the refineries to NNPC. Today, we are still where we were. Someone told me Tinubu said refineries would work by December. I told the person the refineries would not work. This is based on the information I received from Shell when I was the president.”

On the power sector, Obasanjo said “You can only get the power sector right when you get all the fundamentals in the power sector right. In 2006, we ordered 42 turbines that should have been completed if not by 2007 then in 2008. My target was 10,000 megawatts of power by 2007.

“Up till today, I understand that five of the turbines have yet to be installed. I have been out of the office for 16 years. If after 18 years when those turbines had been ordered, five have still not been installed, what are you talking about?”

This is Nigeria,any loophole to embezzle funds must be created, forget about the NNPC refinery it will nevertheless work as long as FG is involved

1 Like

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by maofemi: 10:39pm On Dec 23, 2023
It will last for so long if you people allow it.
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:41pm On Dec 23, 2023
Miskel:
Hopefully we'll get it right this time

Make NASS continue day mount pressure. If you know the level of embezzlement way enter that place e day enough to build 12 different 900 million standard cubic feet of gas processing plant as at today's value. That's enough to meet energy demand in the country.

My brother 12 trillion no be joke, sometimes I just feel like make I carry gun follow some people, haba! Oil theft we be highest world wide, build indigenous technology way go better your country we day export to go process outside come bring back, no be witchcraft be this.? Kai God!

1 Like

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by stormborn28(m): 10:46pm On Dec 23, 2023
reiddecuti:
I said it on; https://www.nairaland.com/7945166/port-harcourt-refinery-recommences-operation#127552055 that until I see refined petrol from that refinery hitting the street I ain't believing nnpcl, some miscreants who can't comprehend started quoting me upandan.

Now this is coming out from the horses mouth. Q4 of 2024 will reach, a new date will be set.

They'll keep setting and breaking records of unfulfilled promises all by themselves.

I don't blam them but the people who have decided to be dumb.

The most foolish people in the world are APC supporters. These are some of them.

4 Likes

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by D4gmail1: 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2023
grin
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by soccerlite: 10:51pm On Dec 23, 2023
Awon werey oloriburuku

Satanic liars
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by stormborn28(m): 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2023
SmartyPants:

Thats a misinterpretation of what was said. The PH refinery has two refineries in one. An old one that was refurbished and is now completed. And the next phase is to focus on the other refinery.

PH can start refining from January while work on phase two commences.

This is the best way to say the truth

Just say December next year and forget last quarter balderdash
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by soccerlite: 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2023
stormborn28:

The most foolish people in the world are APC supporters. These are some of them.

The people you mentioned bellow aren't only foolish

They are demons

Messengers of satan

4 Likes

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by ozoneboy(m): 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2023
Lol,I said it last week,were is that Vulture griller and that LeodeGoat,una never see something,until u start asking for facts and not just words ,this Gov go continue to dey embarass una.

2 Likes

Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by adecz: 10:54pm On Dec 23, 2023
Mr Talk & Fail .....

APC loves failures❗️❗️❗️😕😕
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by Angelfrost(m): 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2023
So, in summary...

You all lied, as usual, when you said the refinery will be fully operational by December 2023!

Same way you said Dangote refinery would be churning out products before the end of the year.
Re: Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar by stormborn28(m): 10:58pm On Dec 23, 2023
pocom35:

Read the details carefully..what they have always promised is phase one rehab to be completed this month which they have fulfilled..phase two is going to be next year
.if they keep to their words as well..

The refinery rehabilitation contract was awarded to be executed in phases.. Google is your friend

Lies from APC government is one that has never been seen or known before now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal / Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre / Kogi Assembly Summons BUA For Acquiring 50,000-hectare Land Without Paying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.