Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,401 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Nigeria’s “mami Wata” Misses Out On 2024 Oscars’ International Feature Film List - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria’s “mami Wata” Misses Out On 2024 Oscars’ International Feature Film List (15681 Views)

5 Nigerians Who Have Received Oscars Nomination, Award / First Nigerian Animated Feature Film Debuts December 11 / 'Joy' Rejected By Oscars Because Of Too Much English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s “mami Wata” Misses Out On 2024 Oscars’ International Feature Film List by kingthreat(m): 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2023
CJ Obasi is one of the most proliflic movie makers in Nigeria.
He doesn't make movies ffor the Nigerian audience. He does it for international view.
More strides ma Nigga
Re: Nigeria’s “mami Wata” Misses Out On 2024 Oscars’ International Feature Film List by tuzle(m): 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2023
Armaggedon:
No such thing as international movie award. Movie making is arts and arts is culture. Culture itself is clime-specific. Nollywood movie should never be rated with Hollywood standard. Hollywood movies like you rightly noted are more of visual entertainment while in nollywood, it is story based. Old nollywood producers were very creative storytellers, they only needed to develop in cinematography. Instead, however, the so called new ones out of inferiority complex started pursuing Hollywood standard and awards and abandoned storytelling. This is why most nollywood fans will tell nollywood movies these days are crap, despite the producers themselves claiming the industry has improved.
international awards, I mean awards like Oscar and the likes
Re: Nigeria’s “mami Wata” Misses Out On 2024 Oscars’ International Feature Film List by dettolgel: 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2023
Nollywood had the market when they include east and south Africa the market size will be well over 500 million people. They should shun Oscar and creat one for Africa. Improve on it and then start including films from those regions that hate the west. If they are consistent in 20 years we will wrestle the market or at least split it from Oscar.

We have the talent we have creative young man just that we should be ready to put in the work and not this half baked effort we put in everything

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s “mami Wata” Misses Out On 2024 Oscars’ International Feature Film List by GoodRocks: 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2023
BloomingDale:

I bet you don’t even have the intelligence to do an honest day work. Dog shit you.

Sadly if he calls you now and offer to carry you outing in his car, you'll shiver and get instantly wet in your pußsy! While getting ready for the main deal. Nigeria girls can never seize to amaze me!
Re: Nigeria’s “mami Wata” Misses Out On 2024 Oscars’ International Feature Film List by Sucre7: 12:55pm On Dec 24, 2023
Sucre6:
papi Wata nko,? grin

Nollywood dey try, but dey still far way behind

Well will you look at that, butter me up and call me a cheese cake, it's FTC on Christmas eve. Big things coming.

Seun make I drop. aza to redeem my FTC bonus nah ? grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So na you collect my Sucre6 I wan use before abi? What inspired your moniker? 😁
Re: Nigeria’s “mami Wata” Misses Out On 2024 Oscars’ International Feature Film List by Ruby458(f): 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2023
Armaggedon:
No such thing as international movie award. Movie making is arts and arts is culture. Culture itself is clime-specific. Nollywood movie should never be rated with Hollywood standard. Hollywood movies like you rightly noted are more of visual entertainment while in nollywood, it is story based. Old nollywood producers were very creative storytellers, they only needed to develop in cinematography. Instead, however, the so called new ones out of inferiority complex started pursuing Hollywood standard and awards and abandoned storytelling. This is why most nollywood fans will tell nollywood movies these days are crap, despite the producers themselves claiming the industry has improved.

I wish I could like this a million times. This is the absolute truth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s “mami Wata” Misses Out On 2024 Oscars’ International Feature Film List by Ruby458(f): 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2023
dettolgel:
Nollywood had the market when they include east and south Africa the market size will be well over 500 million people. They should shun Oscar and creat one for Africa. Improve on it and then start including films from those regions that hate the west. If they are consistent in 20 years we will wrestle the market or at least split it from Oscar.

We have the talent we have creative young man just that we should be ready to put in the work and not this half baked effort we put in everything

We have our own renowned awards. There is AfRIFF, and one I can't remember right now, all thanks to the late Peace Anyiam-Osigwe.
Re: Nigeria’s “mami Wata” Misses Out On 2024 Oscars’ International Feature Film List by Sucre6: 4:49pm On Dec 24, 2023
Emma1Oj:
pls become our papi water.

Thank you for you offer, but I will humbly decline this big offer, maybe he next commenter go like am 😂
Re: Nigeria’s “mami Wata” Misses Out On 2024 Oscars’ International Feature Film List by Sucre6: 4:50pm On Dec 24, 2023
Sucre7:

So na you collect my Sucre6 I wan use before abi? What inspired your moniker? 😁

Well well well, my name is sucre and number 6 is my lucky number 😋.

We have same moniker but different number grin
Re: Nigeria’s “mami Wata” Misses Out On 2024 Oscars’ International Feature Film List by FireUpNow(m): 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2023
Sucre6:
papi Wata nko,? grin

Nollywood dey try, but dey still far way behind

Well will you look at that, butter me up and call me a cheese cake, it's FTC on Christmas eve. Big things coming.

Seun make I drop. aza to redeem my FTC bonus nah ? grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ogw Seun who just struggle to bring Nairaland back from the host, he go don burn cash na you even expect am to drop something for aza? I believe say you dey play
Re: Nigeria’s “mami Wata” Misses Out On 2024 Oscars’ International Feature Film List by Sucre7: 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2023
Sucre6:

Well well well, my name is sucre and number 6 is my lucky number 😋.

We have same moniker but different number grin

Yes that's because you stole my lucky number first. I had to the the next number I love ❤
Re: Nigeria’s “mami Wata” Misses Out On 2024 Oscars’ International Feature Film List by Sucre6: 6:03pm On Dec 24, 2023
Sucre7:

Yes that's because you stole my lucky number first. I had to the the next number I love ❤

One love bro cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s “mami Wata” Misses Out On 2024 Oscars’ International Feature Film List by dettolgel: 8:31pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ruby458:

We have our own renowned awards. There is AfRIFF, and one I can't remember right now, all thanks to the late Peace Anyiam-Osigwe.

We have the market they should build on it and sale it to the world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBNaija Reunion: How Eloswag Betrayed Our Friendship – Pharmsavi / Fear The Walking Dead. / NBC / AIT Faceoff Resolved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.