Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct (11054 Views)

Tunji-ojo Orders Clearance Of 200,000 Passport Backlogs Within Two Weeks / Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening / Botswanans Send Back South African Truck Drivers At Their Border Over Xenophobia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by XAUBulls: 8:19pm On Dec 24, 2023
TheRareGem1:

https://www.thecable.ng/tunji-ojo-orders-probe-of-officials-at-seme-border-over-misconduct/
Very disgraceful. But then again, it's good to know that action is being taken to fish out the idiots from the immigration personal to the Festac Town police who extorted the U.S.-based Professor Okediji.
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2023
gr8cany:
The extortion in that seme-border can never be over-emphasized.

I pray the minister is able to tame them

Maybe the minister should just say how much it cost to stamp passport at Seme border... That way, people will know when they're being extorted and cry out accordingly

Na those 11 checkpoints from Badagry to Seme dey vex me pass
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Mynd44: 6:13am On Dec 25, 2023
joseph1832:
I see.

What exactly do they do? I hear some of my friends who have 'relinquished' their Nigerian citizenship say, they pay for visa before entering Nigeria.
Consodering that the Nigerian Visa is difficult to get, a lot of them actually come in with Nigerian passports. They just lie to the internet
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by gr8cany: 10:10am On Dec 25, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Maybe the minister should just say how much it cost to stamp passport at Seme border... That way, people will know when they're being extorted and cry out accordingly

Na those 11 checkpoints from Badagry to Seme dey vex me pass
I was told to stamp a Nigeria passport by NIS is free, it's only charged when it's a foreign passport, but in seme border, they will charge for stamp and charge for documenting.
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:24am On Dec 25, 2023
gr8cany:

I was told to stamp a Nigeria passport by NIS is free, it's only charged when it's a foreign passport, but in seme border, they will charge for stamp and charge for documenting.

I have no problem with paying for stamping sef, but let's know the amount to pay

That's why some people prefer to cross without stamping... Without even showing their passports sef
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Segzy19: 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2023
Sorry for your own o

MrProlific95:
How can you be working for Tinubu and you are ordering probe of someone for misconduct please.
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by gr8cany: 5:42pm On Dec 25, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

I have no problem with paying for stamping sef, but let's know the amount to pay

That's why some people prefer to cross without stamping... Without even showing their passports sef
If you are ok with payment then, everything is fine for you o bro. Because I know they don't collect more than 1k. It's always 5 hundred or at most 1k.

For me at all payment should stop so far you have genuine passport. Nigeria should get better..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan / Onitsha International Airport? / ‘NNPC Used To Fund Political Parties’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.