Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan (11058 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post / In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by sheyguy: 6:45pm On May 18, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan has said that the numerous problems facing Nigeria started before he took over the mantle of the leadership about two years ago.

The President, who spoke in Enugu during the funeral ceremony in honour of the Mother of Enugu State Governor, Mrs Theresa Chime, said something must have gone wrong along the line from 1914 when the Southern and Northern Protectorate were amalgamated till date.

He averred that Nigerians needed to reassess their journey especially from independence till date to know where the nation have gone wrong or done well.

The president advised Nigerians against playing politics with the development of the country and appealed for all hands to be on deck to save Nigeria.

He commiserated with Governor Sullivan Chime and members of his family, noting that the deceased contributed enormously to the successes recorded by his children.

Earlier in his speech, Governor Chime thanked the president for attending the funeral ceremony and prayed God to continue to give him courage to carry out his reform agenda.

Read more later.
http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/25063/2012/05/18/im_not_nigerias_problem_says_jonathan.html
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by djcmeon39(m): 6:50pm On May 18, 2012
wht does leadership newsapapers and jonathan hav in common,dey seems to carry all d controversal news abt him.mtschweeeeeew
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 18, 2012
1914 is the problem? soooooooooooooooooooooo?
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by achi4u(m): 12:51am On May 19, 2012
but now u see the problem
fix it

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by Mynd44: 3:04am On May 19, 2012
Of course he is not Nigeria's problem. That is why he is there: to find that problem and setup a plan to treatment that problem.
Who the heck writes this Retardeen's speeches anyway? Because I don't picture Ruben Abati being this dumb

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by AndroBlaze: 3:24am On May 19, 2012
^^^The man seems more and more clueless, can you imagine this sort of speech from any other world leader of repute?

Mr Johnatan, no one said you are "Nigeria's problem". However people like you who voluntarily ask for responsibilty, are given it by the people and then fail them in every way possible are the protagonsit in chief of this tragedy we call our country.

Keep feeling sorry for yourself while millions live in hopelessness.
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 3:31am On May 19, 2012
Mmm, all I can see in his speech is division of southern and northern nigeria
I don't disagree with him, this may favor all of us let's try and see if dividing nigeria
will work, maybe it may work, dividing nigeria into two is not bad! We have tried
to come together for 50yrs to no avail,let's try another thing maybe the way scotland
and england do it. Who knows! We can't cotinue to decieve ourselves, let's try it and see!

4 Likes

Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by Mynd44: 4:13am On May 19, 2012
And if we try it and it does not work what happens?
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:43am On May 19, 2012
Have we try it first? Its a fool that keep doing same thing always and expect
different result. For how long can we continue to decieve ourself?
The truth about Nigeria is that we all know our probb-corruption! Religious extremist
I think this re two things that made us lack behind but the worst of all is that trabilism
is taking ppl away to tackle this problem! When bankole steal-its like yorubas are thief!
When boko kills- (to others)its like hausa re extremist, when a desperate niggar for money kidnap-(to others)its like
Igbos are kidnappers! When desparate gang breaks a pipeline-(to others) its like ss ppl are gang criminals.
The worst also is let say u blame gej- some will call him their son and scream, you blame iweala-her kin will
will tell you she is smarter than sanusi! You talk bad stuff about sanusi-then you will see how the kin defend he is good
out of others blah blah blah. You talk about obasanjo then you re in soup cos the kin will tell you that he dint steal upto abacha

My own advise is for a break and see if ppl in each area can tackle this corruption maybe not to protect! Breaking nigeria maybe our only hope for now or else the country wants to keep living a fake till it befalls so badly on them!

4 Likes

Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by sheyguy: 5:08am On May 19, 2012
Toaskarity: Mmm, all I can see in his speech is division of southern and northern nigeria
I don't disagree with him, this may favor all of us let's try and see if dividing nigeria
will work, maybe it may work, dividing nigeria into two is not bad! We have tried
to come together for 50yrs to no avail,let's try another thing maybe the way scotland
and england do it. Who knows! We can't cotinue to decieve ourselves, let's try it and see!
Believe me, Jonathan is realy addicted to blame-shifting and ethnic politics, even when he is in the most powerful seat already. Maybe the 1914 is responsible for his decision to go against Power rotation policy within PDP also, a policy that help put Pdp on top.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by 1025: 5:09am On May 19, 2012
jonathan and his long lists of lies are the problems of nigeria. the inability of a leader to take responsibility whenever things go wrong is criminal. resign if the work is bigger than u. how can u claim to be a number 1 citizen of a country and then turn around to call some ppl untouchable? that is mad and that is where the problem is.
if you can not defend and make the constitution of the land more powerful than every individual, then u are a failure.
is your presidency about eating N1b food?
abeg, go and hangs off this over sized cloth.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:40am On May 19, 2012
DivideUs: 1914 is the problem? soooooooooooooooooooooo?
HE IS LITERARY SAYING THAT PUTTING TOGETHER NORTH AND SOUTH WAS WRONG. FULL STOP

4 Likes

Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:41am On May 19, 2012
Andro Blaze: ^^^The man seems more and more clueless, can you imagine this sort of speech from any other world leader of repute?

Mr Johnatan, no one said you are "Nigeria's problem". However people like you who voluntarily ask for responsibilty, are given it by the people and then fail them in every way possible are the protagonsit in chief of this tragedy we call our country.

Keep feeling sorry for yourself while millions live in hopelessness.
AM SORRY, HOW OLD ARE YOU ?
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:44am On May 19, 2012
Toaskarity: Have we try it first? Its a fool that keep doing same thing always and expect
different result. For how long can we continue to decieve ourself?
The truth about Nigeria is that we all know our probb-corruption! Religious extremist
I think this re two things that made us lack behind but the worst of all is that trabilism
is taking ppl away to tackle this problem! When bankole steal-its like yorubas are thief!
When boko kills- (to others)its like hausa re extremist, when a desperate niggar for money kidnap-(to others)its like
Igbos are kidnappers! When desparate gang breaks a pipeline-(to others) its like ss ppl are gang criminals.
The worst also is let say u blame gej- some will call him their son and scream, you blame iweala-her kin will
will tell you she is smarter than sanusi! You talk bad stuff about sanusi-then you will see how the kin defend he is good
out of others blah blah blah. You talk about obasanjo then you re in soup cos the kin will tell you that he dint steal upto abacha

My own advise is for a break and see if ppl in each area can tackle this corruption maybe not to protect! Breaking nigeria maybe our only hope for now or else the country wants to keep living a fake till it befalls so badly on them!
I USED TO GIVE Zap ABOUT BOKO HARAM KILLING UP NORTH, BUT NOW I DONT GIVE A D.A.M.N; THEY KILLED OUR FORE FATHERS IN THE CIVIL WAR, ITS TIME THEY KILL THEMSELVE AND REDUCE THE NORTH TO SOMALIA FOR THE GLORY OF THE SOUTHERN PROTECTORATE TO RISE

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 6:26am On May 19, 2012
leomaxx: I USED TO GIVE Zap ABOUT BOKO HARAM KILLING UP NORTH, BUT NOW I DONT GIVE A D.A.M.N; THEY KILLED OUR FORE FATHERS IN THE CIVIL WAR, ITS TIME THEY KILL THEMSELVE AND REDUCE THE NORTH TO SOMALIA FOR THE GLORY OF THE SOUTHERN PROTECTORATE TO RISE

I don't see how that part of the country any better than somalia? Just that no ocean
to carry out pirate, they both sucide bombers infact somalia don't bomb themselves
that much, both has same rate of poverty and illitrate in africa, last time somalia universities
Was even better than most southern nigeria university talkmore of north
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 6:32am On May 19, 2012
sheyguy:
Believe me, Jonathan is realy addicted to blame-shifting and ethnic politics, even when he is in the most powerful seat already. Maybe the 1914 is responsible for his decision to go against Power rotation policy within PDP also, a policy that help put Pdp on top.

Though as a leader he shouldn't blame our failure to tbe past better still how to
tackle them first but there re still some sense in his word tho! We have tried to
make this work for like 50 yrs to no avail why not look for alternative which is
What I think he got in mind(no other alternative than divide nigeria)
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by Clerverly: 7:44am On May 19, 2012
You are!
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 9:07am On May 19, 2012
He is not the problem at all. Yar'Adua even compounded things for him but he has the duty to fix the problems and failure to do that makes him part of it. If he cannot solve them then he does not deserve to be a leader.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:11am On May 19, 2012
leomaxx: HE IS LITERARY SAYING THAT PUTTING TOGETHER NORTH AND SOUTH WAS WRONG. FULL STOP

and the fool is busy blocking SNC?

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by PointB: 9:35am On May 19, 2012
Somehow, I see '1914' comment as preparing the ground for SNC.

I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by LogicMind: 9:52am On May 19, 2012
Mynd_44: And if we try it and it does not work what happens?
we completely severe
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by andresia(m): 10:00am On May 19, 2012
The President, who spoke in Enugu during the funeral ceremony in honour of the Mother of Enugu State Governor, Mrs Theresa Chime, said something must have gone wrong along the line from 1914 when the Southern and Northern Protectorate were amalgamated till date.

This guy is the most divisive leader this country has ever had!
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by yuzedo: 10:01am On May 19, 2012
Sharrapp motherfocker! Did Obama say "America has no problems and that's why I want to be president?"
You identify that your country has problems, you feel you have the competence and capabilities to change the situation, AND THEN YOU RUN FOR OFFICE!
You don't get imposed on 160m Nigerian, balk at the gargantuan challenges and then try to pass the buck to dead men.
Incompetent Turd! **mimicking his ijaw mouth**

6 Likes

Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by Silva79(f): 10:03am On May 19, 2012
So u wan come add fuel put abi? Devil punish u and ur predecessors

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by yuzedo: 10:04am On May 19, 2012
DivideUs:

and the fool is busy blocking SNC?
You have said it all!

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by maclatunji: 10:09am On May 19, 2012
He should have said this during the campaign. The man is losing grasp of the responsibility that he has accepted as President.
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by adigunbankole(m): 10:25am On May 19, 2012
Haha...see this foolish president....But he can't say Boko Haram did not start in his regime?
Don't ask me why i use the word "Regime"
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by duality(m): 10:26am On May 19, 2012
Nigerians Hate there presidents so GEJ will not be an exception . was it musa? he was even insulted even on his sick bed and called Yara-dull. ok, maybe OBJ ? ha! he was called a wicked killer. i have to reiterate, No one man can solve Nigeria's problem. to your tent oh Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by LogicMind: 10:29am On May 19, 2012
maclatunji: He should have said this during the campaign. The man is losing grasp of the responsibility that he has accepted as President.
shut up and crawl back to your slave enclave.

[img]http://2.bp..com/_Ym3e8Y7Fh4U/SflR2tHEOvI/AAAAAAAACGQ/-1TqrdNe4Zk/s400/pork061218_560.jpg[/img]
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by Beaf: 10:30am On May 19, 2012
leomaxx: HE IS LITERARY SAYING THAT PUTTING TOGETHER NORTH AND SOUTH WAS WRONG. FULL STOP

Simple. It is high time all sections began redining themselves as autonomous units.
I see no reason why certain sections of the country are feeled with so much hatred, simply because the usual exploiters have been overthrown.
Re: I'm Not Nigeria's Problem, Says Jonathan by bodejohn(m): 10:31am On May 19, 2012
...For once I think GEJ is right, he didn't create most of the problems we have now but he is definitely creating bigger problems for the future by his actions and inaction.
All the noise of I want to be president, now you are in power, what have you got to show for it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test / Falana: "Arms From Libya Sold To Boko Haram" / Imo Contractors Protest Over Unpaid Debts (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.