Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame (17803 Views)

"Blame No One But Yourself" - BUA Replies Dangote In Explosive Letter / My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account / Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by judedwriter(m): 9:17pm On Dec 25, 2023
garriAndsugar:
Blame the money for going to the wrong account

Lol.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by mcdokwe(m): 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2023
Obnoxious2001:
Without much epistle, So I sent a wrong account no.,a correct Bank name and account name to a friend who I was expecting some funds from.

No he copied the acct no. And sent the money (to another person, the wrong acct. No. I provided)....

Now we had a discussion which lead to analysing the situation and I told him we both have blames on this transaction, but he doesn't want to acknowledge his fault.

Now the main question is
If you sent money to a wrong bank acct, who is to blame

You are to blame for providing the wrong account. If you sent me an account number and i copied it from your message and posted it, i may not feel the need to check the account name as I didn't make an input that may make me make a mistake.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by mcdokwe(m): 9:52pm On Dec 25, 2023
Adebaba1:
both of you at fault
despite the measures banks put to avoid this kind of situations, people will still mess up

in as much OP is at fault of sending wrong account details
the sender should have confirmed with OP if it is the desired account especially when the account name doesn't correspond with the OP's name

You never can tell in what situation the sender sent the money. What if the op was on his neck to do an immediate transfer? Any delay by him would have been seen by the op as reluctance to pay hence the speedy authorization without confirmation.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by mcdokwe(m): 9:57pm On Dec 25, 2023
Originalsly:

True.... but the blame goes back to the sender. He should've verified the info sent ... to make sure the friend got the correct info. If he had done that he would've caught his mistake. Who knows?.... maybe the friend is an illiterate ... think it's easy for an illiterate to notice names don't correlate?... that's if he even looked at the name .... illiterates stay clear of writings!
The kind excuses you guys make, wonderful!

An illiterate literate enough to create a thread on nairaland but not send correct account number

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Originalsly: 10:11pm On Dec 25, 2023
mcdokwe:

The kind excuses you guys make, wonderful!

An illiterate literate enough to create a thread on nairaland but not send correct account number

Not the sender... the friend to do the transaction may be illiterate. The sender made a mistake.... happens.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Obnoxious2001(m): 11:19pm On Dec 25, 2023
Originalsly:

Not the sender... the friend to do the transaction may be illiterate. The sender made a mistake.... happens.
For sender to operate ussd and APK self tells you his not an illiterate....

Illiterate will not make this mistake first because dey will use written down note and go to a money agent/bank..

So this is not a case of illiterate or no illiterate.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by lekonso: 12:50am On Dec 26, 2023
The two of you are to be blamed. But the sender carries a higher blame than the acct owner. The sender making the mistake means that, it is his habit not checking well anytime he wants to send money. He would not have made the mistake if he has formed the habit of checking carefully before hitting the send botton.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by galantjoe(m): 6:22am On Dec 26, 2023
The major blame should be on you (person) that provided wrong ACCOUNT NO. As a banker who has put in 20years in banking industry. I have seen a situation where the wrong account name bear same first, middle or surname as correct account name. Perfect coincidence. So, the onus is on the account no provider to ensure what he provides is accurate account number so that blame won't be his.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by galantjoe(m): 6:29am On Dec 26, 2023
Integrafamoo:

Maybe the sender was drunk. Every transaction pop up the account name before sending. He have known the bearer is wrong

What if the wrong account name bears exactly same with correct a/c.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Bluezy13(m): 11:58am On Dec 26, 2023
Nwanna2588:

Name display is not always available in some cases

Then common sense demands the sender reaffirms prior sending.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by BluntCrazeMan: 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2023
Obnoxious2001:
Without much epistle, So I sent a wrong account no.,a correct Bank name and account name to a friend who I was expecting some funds from.

No he copied the acct no. And sent the money (to another person, the wrong acct. No. I provided)....

Now we had a discussion which lead to analysing the situation and I told him we both have blames on this transaction, but he doesn't want to acknowledge his fault.

Now the main question is
If you sent money to a wrong bank acct, who is to blame

Shheeyy you sent the number he paid to?

It's bad-luck that the number is existing.

He didn't cool down to check the name that came out.

That's a smaller blame.

But to you who sent the wrong number,, the bigger blame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires / What Can You Buy With #5 At Your Location? / Transportation Business In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.