Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,830 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame (17792 Views)

"Blame No One But Yourself" - BUA Replies Dangote In Explosive Letter / My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account / Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by FireUpNow(m): 2:15pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lovemeharder:
Omo

I am finding it hard to colour my signature text and to make it bold also. Any clue?
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Justiceleague1: 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2023
Obnoxious2001:
Without much epistle, So I sent a wrong account no.,a correct Bank name and account name to a friend who I was expecting some funds from.

No he copied the acct no. And sent the money (to another person, the wrong acct. No. I provided)....

Now we had a discussion which lead to analysing the situation and I told him we both have blames on this transaction, but he doesn't want to acknowledge his fault.

Now the main question is
If you sent money to a wrong bank acct, who is to blame

You are to blame, squarely.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by bluefilm: 2:21pm On Dec 25, 2023
Obnoxious2001:
Without much epistle, So I sent a wrong account no.,a correct Bank name and account name to a friend who I was expecting some funds from.

No he copied the acct no. And sent the money (to another person, the wrong acct. No. I provided)....

Now we had a discussion which lead to analysing the situation and I told him we both have blames on this transaction, but he doesn't want to acknowledge his fault.

Now the main question is

I will ALWAYS blame the sender.

It is the sender's job to confirm that they are sending the money to the right channel.

And if any discrepancies are observed, it is their job to bring it to the notice of the receiver, or to the person who authorized the transaction/s.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by bigbauer(m): 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

Now the main question is

You sent an account number to someone who sent money to the account you sent to him. The fault is all yours.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Kaa4(m): 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2023
Fattycheque:
Shey na wu to blame, go prvide the mney back?...Mumu talk... it's better u drop all this mumu question for 2023...
I tire
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Originalsly: 2:25pm On Dec 25, 2023
Mhizzard:

Of course The guy that made the transaction.didn't he check the name of the account name that pop up after he pasted the account no whether it is correlate with the the one you sent to him?

True.... but the blame goes back to the sender. He should've verified the info sent ... to make sure the friend got the correct info. If he had done that he would've caught his mistake. Who knows?.... maybe the friend is an illiterate ... think it's easy for an illiterate to notice names don't correlate?... that's if he even looked at the name .... illiterates stay clear of writings!

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by phemmie06(m): 2:26pm On Dec 25, 2023
I remembered some years ago, I went to deposit money in a bank GT for my brother's friend.
I input right name but the account number was not correct, it was done in the bulk room so posting of the money was not done promptly. After that day, he x
called that the money was not received we all believe it was network issue, on the third day I went there to lodge my complain, I was directed to cheque lodgement section then, the name was asked and the man brought out some deposit slip with such issue (my guess) he gave me mine and asked me to correct it return it to him and it was processed.

In your own situation, I guess it was done on app or ussd, to the best of my knowledge, your friend is to be blame, he knew your name he should have asked you if you're sending the money to someone else before finalizing the payment.
If I am paying for any thing through transfer, after giving me the account number I made it a point of duty to double check the name.
If it was over payment which could happen by hitting wrong digit it is acceptable but wrong transfer into someone else account is a no no no..

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Tonytonex(m): 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

Now the main question is

The sender of course. Did anybody asked you to send it?
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by phemmie06(m): 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2023
It can only happen on transfer made by via app or online, if it is through bank it won't fly

Penboy:
Blame the bank for processing the transaction.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Kobicove(m): 2:30pm On Dec 25, 2023
The person who sent a wrong account number has the blame undecided
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Tonytonex(m): 2:30pm On Dec 25, 2023
taiwotimitt:
The sender 100%. But before I make any transaction, I always check carefully.
The money in not much, so wastage should be avoided by doing wrong transfer.
If someone mistakenly send you money, always send their money back to them
yes send it back to them, but remove the bank charges .
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Lamasta(m): 2:32pm On Dec 25, 2023
You send wrong account no and you are here asking who to blame, you better don't take this foolishness into 2023
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Eniolohunda: 2:32pm On Dec 25, 2023
It's you that sent a wrong account number and the bank that allows different name with different account number. How will your friend know its a wrong account number.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Elidrisy20: 2:34pm On Dec 25, 2023
Your question should be, how can I get my money back?
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Mhizzard(m): 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2023
Originalsly:

True.... but the blame goes back to the sender. He should've verified the info sent ... to make sure the friend got the correct info. If he had done that he would've caught his mistake. Who knows?.... maybe the friend is an illiterate ... think it's easy for an illiterate to notice names don't correlate?... that's if he even looked at the name .... illiterates stay clear of writings!
your last suggestion make mine die in my stomach instantly.the only transaction i can ever have mistake is recharging airtime cus you can never verify it,that is when am in haste

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by JONSYN7154: 2:38pm On Dec 25, 2023
Op this is for and others.

BREAKING INFORMATION: Wrong Transfer

In case you mistakenly transferred Money to the wrong account and the owner blocked you? or you are duped thru your bank account? and then later realized that you have been scammed or a mistake on your part? And the receiving bank is not cooperating?

HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOUR WRONG TRANSFER

Please read carefully and learn.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

2. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) and copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

3. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank you transferred to), and ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK or the d bank u wrongly paid to and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) n also cpd@cbn.gov.ng
& contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng, this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspect's account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened nor will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police, and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Quebec91(m): 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2023
cheesy
Penboy:
Blame the bank for processing the transaction.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by taiwotimitt: 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2023
Tonytonex:
yes send it back to them, but remove the bank charges .

lmaoooooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by linearity: 3:00pm On Dec 25, 2023
The blame is on you!

He paid the account you instructed him to pay to. Not everyone check account name, some use USSD code and just ignore or overlook anything that pops up and simply press okay or continue.

Many only recheck the account or just copy and paste. It is not his duty to second guess you in some cases the name returned might bear similarity to yours.

Next cross check.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by warrifinest1985: 3:00pm On Dec 25, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

Now the main question is

The sender is to be blamed and not you because was supposed to confirm the name on the account before sending
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Bluntemperor: 3:03pm On Dec 25, 2023
Obnoxious2001:
Now the main question is

I don't believe your Story,for in the Banking System:
- Once your bank name is Wrong, automatically,the Account will be Wrong, unless you are a 419!
- In the alternative,your Money would be suspended in a Suspense Account, until the Owner, would claim- with a proof of Ownership!
Banks are dynamic Institutions,not based on bet claims!
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by femi4: 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

Now the main question is

You should be blame. You sent a wrong account no to him

Your friend probably assumed that you were known by other names that appeared on the wrong account
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Iyke1998(m): 3:28pm On Dec 25, 2023
Everyone blaming the sender, dont forget that they're times you use ussd codes for transfer, the receiver's name doesn't show
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Ukeme8: 3:31pm On Dec 25, 2023
Both of you, but much blame goes to the person that sent it, without cross checking the name he sent to

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Odidigboigbo(m): 3:35pm On Dec 25, 2023
personal59:
Government

Before you castigate me, please hear me out.

Mistakes are normal for humans to make but if the government strengthens our financial institutions there won't be someone taking someone else money and spending it comfortably.

In Europe for instance all you need to do is contact your bank and they do the rest the wrong receiver would not even spend it because he or she is scared of the fact that you can not run away your details are linked everywhere from your health to your bank to your address to your shopping and so on.

If the government is serious everybody will know.

They are more greedy than us but the system is well-covered against all this.

Mind you they create a loophole for Yahoo Boy to steal so they can also steal in manifold and Blame it on international syndicate.

Also, in Europe, you must input the receiver's full name and the account number it's all to prevent stuff like this as it will match it or tell you the problem if it's not correct. Just to prevent it and if it still happens all you need to do is contact them.
who told you that account numbers are not link to the owners details and money send erroneously can't be retrieved if the sender contact the bank?
If want to send money, immediately you input the account number, name enquiry is done by the blank app, this pop up a name the account number you inputted is link to for you to cross check if the receipt is the right person. Immediately you click confirm, it still ask you if the receipt information is correct, with the details of the account number, account name and amount you want to send for the second time.
Before you send. What other measure do you want them to put to avoid this silly mistake?
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by mastermaestro(m): 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2023
jaxxy:

the blame is more on u who couldn't handle a basic request of send ur aza.

Ur friend wouldn't think u would not know ur own acc no or make such an error so he may just send without crosschecking for ur name since its copy and paste.

You made a great point. People only bother to verify when it is serious business. Once it is a gift or from a familiar person, people have no time to start bothering their eyes and brain on wrong names and digits. Na to copy and paste, then send o. If you like send wrong account number when na you need help, na you go suffer last last.

Always verify your account details before you forward it to someone. Na copy and paste generation we dey o. grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by olasubomi2354: 3:50pm On Dec 25, 2023
Hope it’s 25k? So we can say someone anonymously received the “renewed hope” credit alertHope it’s 25k? So we can say someone anonymously received the “renewed hope” credit alert...
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by chatinent: 3:52pm On Dec 25, 2023
I don't believe you. Send it to mine so we can re-analyze.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Obnoxious2001(m): 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2023
Fattycheque:
Shey na wu to blame, go prvide the mney back?...Mumu talk... it's better u drop all this mumu question for 2023...
We have dropped it na small money but he said he wanted to know if he had any fault undecided
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Obnoxious2001(m): 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2023
taiwotimitt:
The sender 100%. But before I make any transaction, I always check carefully.
The money in not much, so wastage should be avoided by doing wrong transfer.
If someone mistakenly send you money, always send their money back to them

You can't get the sender details easily in Nigeria unless you report it
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Obnoxious2001(m): 4:02pm On Dec 25, 2023
Eazie351:
Hope it’s 25k? So we can say someone anonymously received the “renewed hope” credit alert

Na wetin me and my guy talk be this...
Na one hause citizen of Nigeria receive am.

December don set for am
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Obnoxious2001(m): 4:02pm On Dec 25, 2023
opera1:
Mistake could occur on the part of the sender but there should be a means of reversing it easily so far you have a genuine evidence.
The process takes 3months....
But it's reversible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires / How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria / New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.