Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval (11445 Views)

Ribadu Summons CBN Investigator, Jim Obazee, Orders Return Of All Govt Property / Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator / Osinbajo Got Buhari's Approval To Sack Lawal Daura For 'Working For Saraki' - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by iwaeda: 11:02pm On Dec 24, 2023
Embattled former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria has denied a report by Central Bank of Nigeria’s private investigator, Jim Obazee, that he lodged £543, 482,213 in fixed deposits in UK banks alone without authorisation among other allegations.

Emefiele made this known Sunday night in a signed statement entitled, “Re: Emefiele, others stole billions, illegally kept Nigeria’s funds in foreign banks” which was made available to our correspondent.

The PUNCH had exclusively reported that Obazee revealed that the former CBN governor illegally lodged billions of naira in foreign currencies in no fewer than 593 bank accounts in the United States, United Kingdom, and China without the approval of the apex bank’s board of directors and the CBN Investment Committee.

However, Emefiele on Sunday said the report was misleading and a calculated attempt to disparage his person, injure his character and serve the selfish interest of the private investigator.

He said, “I have gone through the publications, and I say boldly that the contents of the said publications are false, misleading and calculated to disparage my person, injure my character and serve the selfish interest of the private investigator.

“Because of my present situation, I have been advised by my lawyers not to say anything in respect of the matters which have been submitted to the court for adjudication. However, I need to address some of the issues raised in the publication which are barefaced lies told by the investigator in order to achieve his satanic agenda

“First, it was reported that contrary to the provision of the CBN Act 2007, there was no presidential approval for the Naira redesign. I wish to state unequivocally that there was indeed a presidential approval, and the said approval was handed over to the same Jim Obazee during the process of his investigation in the presence of senior CBN officials and his own investigative team.

“Moreover, the former President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR has stated on a number of occasions that he authorised and approved the Naira redesign. I am therefore at a loss as to why Mr. Jim Obazee will mislead Nigerians that there was no presidential approval.

“The report also claimed that the sum of 6.23 million dollars was withdrawn from the CBN vault based on a false presidential directive bearing the signature of the former president Muhammadu Buhari GCFR and that of the former secretary to the government of the federation (SGF), Mr. Boss Mustapha.

“About two weeks ago, Jim Obazee in the company of a certain Deputy Commissioner of Police from Force CID came to Kuje to ask me questions in respect of the said document in the presence of my lawyers. I stated verbally and in writing that I have no knowledge of such a directive from the former president and the former SGF. In fact, I told them that that was the first time I would be seeing the documents. “On this, I challenge Jim Obazee to publish the said documents and also the statements that I made to them.

“The final issue that I would like to respond to is the issue of the 593 accounts which were purportedly opened in different parts of the world. I state categorically that I am not involved in the opening of these accounts and I do not have knowledge of their openings. The fixed deposits in those foreign accounts are definitely outside my knowledge.

“However, let me state clearly, that the relevant departments of the CBN have the authority to carry out such activities in line with their lawful mandate within the CBN.

“I, therefore, join well-meaning Nigerians who have spoken on this matter and have demanded a thorough and transparent investigation of all these alleged frauds.

“Meanwhile, I have instructed my lawyers to immediately commence the legal process to clear my name from the defamatory statements contained in the report and by extension the publications.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-cbn-investigators-report-false-misleading-emefiele/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by iwaeda: 11:06pm On Dec 24, 2023
grin grin grin The hunter is being hunted Nlfpmod. APC people can fabricate anything. grin grin grin

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by iwaeda: 11:19pm On Dec 24, 2023
grin grin grin grin Same Obazee that was once a Pastor. grin grin grin

30 Likes

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by DomPerignon: 1:21am On Dec 25, 2023
Carry your big Bible along with you when next you appear in court to face your charges.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by IVORY2009(m): 4:25am On Dec 25, 2023
Propaganda grin

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by LegendHero(m): 4:50am On Dec 25, 2023
Hand never touch you yet.

When hand touch you and you self see the glaring evidence against you, I’m sure you’ll be singing plea bargain route.

For now, let’s just follow the trend and see what’s up.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by Goodvibes007: 5:04am On Dec 25, 2023
Crooked man..

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by opes: 5:30am On Dec 25, 2023
He didn't deny the existence of 593 accounts, only said he wasn't involved....hmmm

19 Likes

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by Kenochi(m): 5:39am On Dec 25, 2023
Like I stated on a similar thread, Emiefiele is being very insensitive to our sensibilities
Why didn't he sing this tales by moonlight when. he was in Kuje prison
This is someone that just secured bail after four months in detention,this would have been the best time for him to reflect on his actions while he was in office,instead he is busy firing canoons at everybody

Look at this man ooooo,he thinks that the accusations are at Revelation,he should still wait,by the time they open his case file he will know that his situation is beyond redemption
How can a Central Bank Governor become so partisan that he felt he could run for President of the country without resigning his appointment
He even had the guts to procure a 100 million naira form.What of the Billions of Naira spent in so called Intervention schemes without any meaningful results
Like I said,let him enjoy his freedom of speech but his freedom after speech cannot be guaranteed
I am sure some people are misadvising him and he better watch his back.......
Let me end by quoting the former Deputy Governor of the CBN,Mr Kingsley Moghalu,....

"The Past CBN Governor's tenure was the worst in Nigeria's history....Let him reflect on that
Kindly visit my signature for good properties at Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub

8 Likes

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by PriceActionZ: 5:40am On Dec 25, 2023
e don get mouth after release...
As long as no capital punishements for the thieves and pen robbers in this country, nothing will ever work. Nothing. Steal as much as you can, hire a well known corrupt lawyers to defend you, lawyers and your friends start attending judges and prosecutors parties in a private events, wining and dining together, then... how will such case see the justice. Common man don suffer.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:43am On Dec 25, 2023
This man never talk through... I have and know the insider dealings that happened in CBN especially during the last 3 years of Emiefele regime. There is no way he doesn't have a hand and doesn't know about the account opened. From my screenshot I even said there is no top director in any of the departments in CBN that's not a Billionaire.. apart from opening foreign accounts, he opened shell companies with each Department Director of CBN as Directors of the company. For instance, NESI Stabilization strategy company ltd that is meant to provide funds and support to our electricity in the country was opened, he is the chairman and one Dr Olaitan (Ex director of Development Finance Department in CBN is the only Director)
Just both of them handle billions of Naira worth of contract for NESI ltd..

Emiefele is a fraudster...

5 Likes

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by Inkling(f): 5:43am On Dec 25, 2023
Ok
Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by Atarakpa: 5:44am On Dec 25, 2023
All this we know

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by b3llo(m): 5:45am On Dec 25, 2023
You go explain tire without evidence

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by Whois(m): 5:45am On Dec 25, 2023
E be like Crime pays in Nigeria o. He still get confidence to talk cus he knows nothing will happen at the end of the investigations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by aikyg(m): 5:46am On Dec 25, 2023
We all agree that Bunari approved it, but you should have borrowed a leaf from how Okonjo Iweala managed her principal. Madam has a way of saying "No" whenever the she sees that the president is on a wrong track. If only Emefiele had respectfully said "No" to Buhari, he would not have ended up being accused left right and centre.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by vincenteger: 5:46am On Dec 25, 2023
Both you and buhari are supposed to be behind bars.

Nonsense and ingredients

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by marhoinspire: 5:47am On Dec 25, 2023
The report has lots of misinformation.
Obazee should have done better.

5 Likes

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by Ayatullah(m): 5:50am On Dec 25, 2023
Who say we are not in a democratic country where the rule of law reigns? Definitely we are if a criminal like Godwin Emefiele still has the mouth to be talking.

Emefiele, you may deny whatever you want to concerning the 593 accounts you opened worldwide, WE KNOW YOU MUST HAVE USED YOUR CRONIES.

You should bury your head in shame wherever you are.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by Kenochi(m): 5:52am On Dec 25, 2023
Hi
Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by Lyrics269: 5:56am On Dec 25, 2023
Lol E don cast. Next that bald man from Anambra called obi should be arrested

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by Northernblood9(m): 5:57am On Dec 25, 2023
Your problem is that you are Igbo. Foolishness won't allow some people accept their identity leading to a weak front.

I love how every Igbo allowed you to suffer all the sin of Buhari alone.

4 Likes

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by Herkim(m): 6:00am On Dec 25, 2023
Let's see how far the investigation goes,

Our laws are not stringent for the criminals

Hmmm I supported the sayings of former cbn deputy governor Prof Moghalu about emefele regime .
Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by magoo10(m): 6:03am On Dec 25, 2023
Media trial is not what we want
If this thieving government is sincere in fighting corruption many politians should have visited prison by now.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by Judolisco(m): 6:04am On Dec 25, 2023
Dem go soon carry u again... Be like say ur mouth Don sharp... Better learn from dasuki... D man no talk anything again after dem release am

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by Macphenson: 6:08am On Dec 25, 2023
Why is Tinubu yet to arrest Tunde Shuaibu, Buhari and Isa Funtua?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by Rubbiish(m): 6:12am On Dec 25, 2023
Kenochi:
Like I stated on a similar thread, Emiefiele is being very insensitive to our sensibilities
Why didn't he sing this tales by moonlight when. he was in Kuje prison
This is someone that just secured bail after four months in detention,this would have been the best time for him to reflect on his actions while he was in office,instead he is busy firing canoons at everybody

Look at this man ooooo,he thinks that the accusations are at Revelation,he should still wait,by the time they open his case file he will know that his situation is beyond redemption
How can a Central Bank Governor become so partisan that he felt he could run for President of the country without resigning his appointment
He even had the guts to procure a 100 million naira form.What of the Billions of Naira spent in so called Intervention schemes without any meaningful results
Like I said,let him enjoy his freedom of speech but his freedom after speech cannot be guaranteed
I am sure some people are misadvising him and he better watch his back.......
Let me end by quoting the former Deputy Governor of the CBN,Mr Kingsley Moghalu,....

"The Past CBN Governor's tenure was the worst in Nigeria's history....Let him reflect on that
Kindly visit my signature for good properties at Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub
If his tenure was the worst, how is the current one any better?? What positive significant step have they taken so far? A lot of report on that investigation are false! They are trying so hard to exclude the name of the former president from the naira redesign which makes this investigation seem like a joke! How can the currency of a country be redesigned without the approval of the president? How does that make sense? Even the president came on national TV to state his approval when he extended the old N200 notes, yet u people keep dragging only emiefele because he didn't stand with your candidate. I'm not saying emefiele is a saint, but most of the reports on this man are false! They are just trying to punish him, they are not fighting a just cause.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by happney65: 6:13am On Dec 25, 2023
Sergeant Rogers is a free Man today and walking free because he got all he did under the orders of Abacha

If Bulabalu isn't a coward,he should leave emefeile alone and go arrest Buhari if they born him well.

But because he is a coward,he will leave Buhari alone and use Emefiele as a scapegoat

Like they were running Helter skelter with Diezeani and wasted 8years doing absolutely nothing to that woman but media trial. The same will happen in Emefiele's case.

Nothing will come out of it.

Absolutely Nothing

Awon werey oloribuku olofo

9 Likes

Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by money121(m): 6:14am On Dec 25, 2023
Yimu
Re: Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval by Rubbiish(m): 6:15am On Dec 25, 2023
Macphenson:
Why is Tinubu yet to arrest Tunde Shuaibu, Buhari and Isa Funtua?
My point exactly!
This whole investigation thing is just pure witch hunting. They are just trying to punish the man. If Emefiele had supported their candidate, we won't be seeing all these.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Supreme Court Judgement: 38 Persons Arrested Over Protests In Nasarawa / Court Dismisses Case Against CBN’s Directives On Bank Charges / Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.