Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,906 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings (4960 Views)

New Story Alert!!...lonely Wife!(18+)...not For Kids / New Story: TOCHI / New Story Alert!!! - "Listen": Chapter Three (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Pinkdimples: 9:07am On Jan 26
ZaraIhua:

Alright.... On it's way
You are doing well dear

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 10:44am On Jan 26
Chapter 13

Nora's POV

Laser lights displaying and loud music blasting at the dance floor had everyone dancing to its rhythm even though some people were dancing off, especially the drunk ones. Hype men did justice to the fun by doing what they know how to do best. With their hype massaging the egos of the Odougwu's and aza mamas, the club's account was increasing massively. At one point you could say it's a competition, as every table had the sexy waiters and waitresses bring more drinks to show that they are capable. Some teams at the bar resolved to play Beer pong and Flip cups whilst they laughed crazily.

At the game section of the club were serious minded men and women with little or no drink but almost all, had something to smoke in their hands or lips. The section had diverse games like snooker, table top shuffleboard, foosball, air hockey and darts and these people didn't want to take chances in winning whichever game they were engaged in, resulting in full concentration.

I and Sonia are amongst those on the dance floor, drinking and rocking our bodies to the rhythm. She had earlier suggested that we go clubbing. I was intrigued to know that even as married couples she and Preye still hit the club regularly. Infact, they met in the club and have decided to keep clubbing until they have kids, and those kids must get up to five years of age before they would finally stop. See vibe couples na. For me?, I agreed to be here cause I need it. With how I've been feeling lately, I need to shake off all Oscar-caused-bad-energies.
After all, I just have two days to resume at the office, so I'll be leaving soon whether Oscar likes it or not. Make I enjoy myself for the last time.

Omo!! This place is a blast, like…. The owner of this club most have spent a fortune putting this it up. This is the kind of place Zainab would love to be in. She doesn't even mind dating one of the bouncers so she could get easy access in, as there's a crazy protocol for accessing the place. We got in because Preye and that person that annoys me, happen to be friends with the owner.

Ah, I don't think I'd want to stop dancing or drinking. Clubbing has never ever felt better. Zainab must hear this gist.

Sonia dancing close to me seemed like it was Zainab. They are both so crazy with twerking and whining. Omo, see as a person nyash dey shake like water!... Just in a little while, three men had approached me to dance but, this dance here is for me and Sonia alone, a girls thing. The other gender should pack one side.

The DJ almost drove us, the association of drinkers and dancers, crazy when he suddenly started playing “Twe Twe” by Kiss Daniel. You wan see craze?. Ah!! PH City una get vibes!!

One of the men I had turned down returns again, laughing foolishly.

“Want more drinks?” He yelled so I could hear him because of the music.

I nodded foolishly even though I could tell I'm getting drunk. I usually don't drink much as I have low tolerance for alcohol, two bottles and I'm high, but I just can't stop myself from doing so right now. If Zainab was here, she would have stopped me but Sonia with me, who is too busy drinking and dancing to do so, seems like she's almost drunk too. He returned after a little while with a bottle of Hero. Hero?, I've not taken that before, I accepted it all the same. Using my teeth, I cracked the cover open, no time for an opener.

“Ma'am” a hand tapped me. So because of this drink now the man will not let me rest.

It wasn't the person who got me the drink this time, he had shifted to the other side, when did it happen?. It's one of the bouncers with an intimidating chest and muscles.

“You should stop with the drink. Please give it to me” he said with a deep voice.

Do they have rules for drinking here too? I started laughing hysterically.

“Why?” I managed to ask, fighting with the dizziness I feel.

“It's an order”

I never knew the bouncers here are comedians.

“Order from who?, C'mon dance with me” I said playfully while shaking my butty.

He frowned at me and made to take the drink from me.

“Stop….. that's mine!!” I whyned like a kid who's candy has been taken away.

Next, he grabbed my hand, dragging me to God-knows-where.

“Boss, I got her” he said making me wonder who he's talking to.

“I'll break your head if you don't let me go. Do you know I am?” I threatened seriously.

He suddenly halted, and turned to another direction. Where is the big bag of fufu taking me to. My struggle against him doesn't even seem to help.

The direction he took led us to a parking lot, different from the one I saw when coming in. We got to a familiar car and stopped. Opened the front door, got me in despite my resistance and shut the door, leaving me all alone…… Nah, not alone cause I turned to come face to face with a furious looking Oscar.

What the Bleep!.

Oscar's POV

Jide, my most trusted bouncer informed me that Nora is in the car just as I had instructed. She literally wants to drive me crazy with the crazy acts she's displaying at the dance floor with that annoying drunk doctor. She has followed Preye and Sonia here. Of course she doesn't know I own this place, reason why she accepted to hang out with them. While Preye was busy playing foosball, I was with my manager discussing the affairs of the club. I've been really busy this days and haven't visited for a while now. The discussion ended in a short while. Impressed to see how well the club is fairing, I excused myself. From up here, I could see almost all the activities going on. I smiled unconsciously until my eyes fell on her.

It was obvious she was drunk from the giggling and crazy dance steps she's making, but she didn't stop drinking. My face twisted in a frown when doctor Ken went to her grinning from ear to ear. I saw her nod and he left, only to return with a bottle of drink. To my surprise she accepted it, opening it in no time and gulping down it's content while grinding herself against that fool. The rage in me is unexplainable. I immediately called on Jide to go handle the situation and throw Ken out after he's done.

“Boss, that doc is a potential custo-”

“Potential or kinetic kick him off. Whatever subscription he has made, give him a refund if it isn't due. I don't want to see him here again!” I instructed sternly.

I watched as he walked towards the car with her struggling and threatening. I had ordered him to be stern with her, but not stern enough to hurt her. Nora can be very stubborn most times.

Immediately she turned to the driver's direction, her eyes widened in surprise but was closely replaced with a mischievous grin.

“You didn't tell me you wanted to kidnap me” she said slowly, twisting her hair with her fingers. I ignored her and started the car, driving off almost immediately.

She kept saying all sort of crazy things until she fell asleep but not after throwing up in my car!!!!!

She has lots of explanation to do by morning, I'll make sure of it. Enough of the drama!.

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 10:45am On Jan 26
Pinkdimples:
You are doing well dear

Thank you so much
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Pinkdimples: 7:05pm On Jan 26
Enough is enough indeed! Pls we need more comments to encourage her.

2 Likes

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 8:02am On Jan 27
I really appreciate @pinkdimples
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 11:41am On Jan 28
Happy Sunday y'all
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 11:47am On Jan 28
Chapter 14

Nora's POV

The weather felt so cold and the bed felt softer than normal. With my eyes still closed I drew the duvets closer to myself, curling up into it. I no longer feel sleepy but wouldn't open my eyes as my head hurts terribly. I remained in that position until I heard my phone ringing. Who could possibly be disturbing me this early morning. Reluctantly, I agreed to open my eyes but the sharp light from the window had me shutting them back almost immediately. Since when did sunrise shine so bright into this room? I opened them again, this time slowly and I discovered I wasn't in my room but in…….

I blinked continuously trying to recall the events of the previous day. This is Oscar's room!! How in the world did I get here?. I got up immediately, ignoring the ringing from my phone. I looked down at my dress and heaved a sigh of relief as my clothes were still on me. I sat back on the bed breathing heavily. Seems like world war three is going on in my head.

Inhaling deeply I tried to focus my mind to remember what had happened. The memory was blurry but I think it will improve in no time. I remember drinking and dancing then some guy came and dragged me out. I managed to smile at how defiant I had been and all the threat I had unleashed on him. Thank God he didn't use his strong palm to give me a slap oh. Ah, this is my soft skin. Thank you Lord.

While I was still trying to remember if any other thing happened, the door opened slowly and a certain someone walked in. The atmosphere suddenly became tense, or is it just me that was tense?. A tightening feeling curling up in my stomach. Why do I feel that a child who has done something wrong?. He walked straight to the window, looking outside of it. I can tell he was pissed even without him looking at me. Now I remember, he was in the car the man took me to.

One, two, three, four seconds and more has passed and he hasn't uttered a word. A notification from my phone had me looking away from him.

“I'd suggest you don't step on his toes. Just be a good girl” it reads. It's a message from Preye.

I swallowed the saliva that has formed in my soured mouth which really needs some cleansing. Wondering what I must have done.

“Good morning” I muttered, more to myself. I believe that's a good way to start.

I nodded uneasily when he didn't reply, his hands now tucked into his pockets as he kept staring outside the window.

I feel very uncomfortable and it's annoying, what's with all the suspense now. I should even be the one acting all up, cause why the hell am I in his room?

“What was the whole recklessness yesterday about?” he asked, now coming towards me.

Which part of the recklessness is he talking about?Yeah, I danced and drank but that's just it.

“Cat got your tongue?” He asked with furrowed brows. He sounded calm but I can tell he's boiling inside.

“I…. I just, I just had fun” I stuttered. My heart suddenly races.

He dipped his hand inside his pocket, got out some stuff and threw them on the bed. There is my atm card, some condoms and paper. Confusion masked me. How did he get my ATM card and what's with the condoms?. I looked at the items then at him, and back to the items again. I can't begin to describe how I feel right now. With hesitant hands I took the paper.

“6513, that's my pin. Book us a room at a cozy hotel, get some condoms. A hot steamy sex will do tonight” if not that it's written in my own handwriting, I would have sworn I didn't write that.

What the hell?. I could feel my palm get sweaty at the moment as a memory of me and that drunk pest flashed before my eyes. I swear, I only wrote this under the influence of alcohol. I would never do this in a normal circumstance. That yeye man, na God go punish am. That man was a pest, I turned him down many times but he still flocked around me knowing I was getting drunk.

You can't imagine how embarrassed and ashamed I am as I sat like a dummy staring at the words as if they were written in Swahili.

“I…. I must have…” it’s totally useless attempting to say something cause I didn't even have anything reasonable to say.

“With these condoms here, I'm free to say it was gonna be countless rounds of hot steamy sex” he said with one eyebrow raised at me then chuckled sadly.

“What style would it have been?. Missionary, doggy, cowgirl reverse……”

“Will you please stop it?” I pleaded. I can't describe how terrible I feel and he isn't helping matters. “I was very drunk and didn't even-”

“Stop what exactly?” He asked, eyes burning in anger. “You were there grinding your ass against his hard dick, you were the one all over him, you were the one who brought out your fucking card, gave out your fucking godforsaken pin to that bastard, you requested for a hot steamy sex and you're asking me to stop. Stop what exactly?!” He yelled.

My eyes are now itchy with hot tears threatening to roll down. No matter how much I've blinked, they still decided to execute their threat.

He scoffed on seeing the tears roll down my cheeks.

“You better wipe those tears away cause they'll do you no good”.

I sniffed as my nose decided to join him and my eyes in judging me.

“What the Bleep Nora. What in the fucking Bleep is wrong with you!!”

I just sat there, wiping off the stupid tears and watery catarrh that keeps rolling down. This is the most embarrassing day of my life. To think that I'm having this conversation or lecture from Oscar is the worst.

“To think that I went this far for someone with-”.

“You know, It's easy for you to stand there and judge me right” I cut in, looking up at him.

My eyes met his and I held onto his gaze.

“You won't interrupt me while I speak,” he warned seriously.

I scoffed. “While you speak or while you judge me?. Do you know why I went there in the first place?. You!! You are the reason I agreed to follow Sonia, you are the reason I drank myself to stupor. You are the reason I would have let a total stranger take me to bed” I fired, pointing my fingers accusingly at him.

He laughed sarcastically.

“Owning up to your mistake is like a taboo to you…. How immature can you be?. So I'm the reason?. I asked you to invite a stranger to have you in bed, with your own money?” He urged me to defend that.

“Yes!!. A big fat yes Oscar!!” I half yelled in response knowing how much he hated being yelled at. I just hope I don't make things worse. Why?.... I ask myself. Why does his opinion and feeling matter now to me?.

“I was frustrated okay. Your silence was killing me even though I hate to admit it. Even though I was mad at you for it, I was still going crazy” I paused to catch my breath. My chest was rising and falling quickly and my eyes wouldn't stop tearing. How I hate feeling like this.

He scoffed in disbelief. “My silence? Really” he was laughing now. “No. I'm the one who has constantly been frustrated by you. You have no right to talk about frustration, you certainly don't, cause you have so much frustration embedded in you waiting to be unleashed on someone”.

“You came into my life to frustrate me. The first time you did, I was foolish not to acknowledge it, but now I do. And I regret it”.

I couldn't get myself to say anything. The look on his face told me how much I've hurt him and it just worsens everything. Why does it feel like a knife has been pierced into my heart?

The room was quiet, except for the sound of my sniff. This stupid nose won't stop running.

“I'm sorry…… I really am Oscar” I managed to say between sobs.

He only hissed, saying nothing afterwards.

“I'm really really sorry”.

*Sorry for what exactly?”

“For everything….. I'm deeply sorry”

I made an attempt to go close to him but stopped on my track. He was already leaving the room.

He stopped and turned to me “Get your things and leave my house. All this was a waste of time” he said and turned around. “I don't want to see you here by the time I'm back”.

I watched him walk to the door.

Inhaling deeply I said “Everything happened because I got pregnant”.

His hand on the doorknob remained there for a while. Silence enveloping both of us. This time nothing made a sound, well except for the beating sound of my heart I guess. It's time to open up the chapters I have kept close for some years now.

His hand on the knob, slowly dropped as he turned to me. I have no plans on hooking him on a cock and bull story. I intend to tell him the truth.

“What?” He asked like he didn't hear me the first time.

“I was pregnant”. His eyes held so many questions. I think I know the first one to answer.

“For you”.

3 Likes

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Pinkdimples: 7:30pm On Jan 29
Awwn. Pregnant? grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 7:45pm On Jan 30
Pinkdimples:
Awwn. Pregnant? grin cheesy

😂😂😂😂
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Pinkdimples: 8:40pm On Jan 30
ZaraIhua:

😂😂😂😂
Lol.. pls do you have the complete pdf?

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by DemiKOL(f): 8:56pm On Jan 30
Weldone Op!
More ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 9:34pm On Jan 30
Pinkdimples:
Lol.. pls do you have the complete pdf?
No. It's directly from my head and it's still ongoing. I don't have it any other place.
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 9:35pm On Jan 30
DemiKOL:
Weldone Op!
More ink to your pen
Thank youuuu!!

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Pinkdimples: 9:56pm On Jan 30
ZaraIhua:

No. It's directly from my head and it's still ongoing. I don't have it any other place.
Oh dear. You are doing well. I'm proud of you really

2 Likes

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 1:44pm On Jan 31
Pinkdimples:
Oh dear. You are doing well. I'm proud of you really
Plenty thanks 🙏
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 1:55pm On Jan 31
Chapter 15

He looked so serious and I thought I had his attention, not until he bursted into laughter, a crazy one at that. Well, I remained patient, expecting this anyways.

“I thought you'd be exhausted from all your lies and excuses by now”

“I'm not lying!”

“You expect me to believe that?. If you did get pregnant…. For me as you rightly claim, why didn't I get to know about it?.... Pregnancy has always been a tool in the hands of you Nigerian girls”.

I chuckled tiredly.

“I'm exhausted from arguing with you. All I ask is for your audience, I'll leave immediately I'm done talking” I said firmly. Whatever he decides to do with the information is up to him.

“I don't need your tale from the moonlight. If. You. Were. Really. Pregnant. Why Wasn't. I. Aware?” He asked again, this time firmly.

“Because I was scared!”.

“Scared of what exactly, I was your boyfriend” he said, this time calmly.

“My mom was rejected and humiliated by the man that got her pregnant, with his family claiming she wants to spoil their son's future with her bastard child. I stupidly followed her legacy by getting pregnant too. I was scared you would do the same to me. I didn't know what to do''.

“That isn't an excuse”.

“It's easy for you to say cause you weren't in my shoes. I had watched my mom single handedly raise me, she suffered under the rain and sun just to give me my basic needs until she passed away right after matriculation. My aunt took over and all I could return home with for a holiday is a two weeks pregnancy?. She threw me out, that's after taking my phone and everything she had gotten for me with her own money. I didn't have anywhere to go as my aunt was my only family and I couldn't call you cause I was so scared, your parents are very wealthy and influential, how do you think they would see me, some poor slut who wants to have their son hooked and damage their reputation? I didn't think I could handle that”

“You should have tried first!”.

“Well, I didn't. My fear was greater than my trust, that's it!”.

We both remained quiet for a while.

“Then what happened to the baby?” He asked.

“It's now about the baby right?Why don't you ask what happened to me?!” I fired angrily.

“What the Bleep Nora, I've been asking you that for a long time now. Isn't it expected that I ask for the baby?!” He asked, throwing his hands in the air in frustration.

“So you would rush to demand for custody right?” I asked, rolling my eyes at him.

He shook his head in disappointment.

“For once I thought you'd stop with the drama and be straightforward but no, you had some reservations”.

I rolled my eyes again.

“Fine, what happened to you?” He asked, taking a deep breath.

“My aunt disowned me and kicked me out…” I smiled sadly, the memory of that night flooding my memory. I sat down on the bed slowly.

“I pleaded but she couldn't forgive me. I don't blame her though, it wasn't easy for her, it's not like I'm her child anyways. Besides, I brought that upon myself” I said more to myself.

My phone began to ring again, this time I picked it. Mrs Douglas's sonorous voice had me relaxing for a while. She was slightly upset because I hadn't returned and she misses me alot.

I could see how Oscar was staring at me, like he was wondering who I was talking to so sweetly.

The called ended after some minutes.

“........I met a friend on my way wandering about, not knowing what to do or where to go. We grew up in the same neighborhood till she moved out. I started staying with her doing some domestic work for people to get money. One of the days, she said she has a slut as a cleaner in a hotel since her brother-in-law was the manager but doesn't want to accept it, I can have it if I wanted. I agreed, since the hotel had an accommodation, I didn't have to say with her again, besides her boyfriend was about moving in with her. I began working there as a cleaner, hiding my pregnancy for the meantime………”

“...Fast forward to some months later, I was able to save and buy some stuff but almost lost my job when the manager discovered I was pregnant. He didn't like the idea of having me as a staff member. I had to plead before he let me continue but I'll have to stop on the seventh month. Right at the sixth month of the pregnancy, on a rainy night…..” my heart was now beating so fast now.

“I was washing the toilet of one of the hotel rooms when I slipped and fell. I fell very hard and found myself in the hospital. I woke up and….. and… the doctor said, I, I lost the… baby, that my baby was-”.

“Hey, it's okay, you can stop now” Oscar said with concern. But I wasn't done.

“That day I cried, I cried so much. I didn't know what the future had but I was willing to raise her even though I had to suffer. I promised to love her because she was all I had. Just like that, she was gone. That same night, I met Mrs Douglas, the lady I just spoke with now. She was there to visit her mother-in-law. That was where she saw me and took a liking of me. She cleared all my bills and gave me her card just in case I needed her. I went back to the hotel after I was discharged to find out I've been replaced and there was no vacancy for me. Once again, I was stranded. I lodged at another hotel that night since I had nowhere to sleep. The next morning, I went in search of a job but got none. I got back home to see Mrs Douglas had called. Returning the call she said she was about to leave for Lagos the next day and would like to see me. I told her where I was. She visited…. To cut the long story short, I ended up following her to Lagos and the rest is history”.

A feeling of fulfillment and relief embraced me as I got up from the bed. His eyes followed me, it seemed he wanted to say something as he opened his mouth, but shut them back.

“I'd go get ready to leave” I said and made for the door.

That's the story of a twenty year old girl who saw shege pro max but by God's grace was able to come out of it. I'm forever grateful to God.

“Nora” he called after me but I didn't stop, I opened the door and walked out.

4 Likes

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Pinkdimples: 4:37pm On Jan 31
Nora Nora Nora.... Please wait!!! No I have to leave, after all you ask me to.

Nice one Zara!

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 8:02am On Feb 01
Pinkdimples:
Nora Nora Nora.... Please wait!!! No I have to leave, after all you ask me to.

Nice one Zara!

😂😂 U are there..... Plenty thanks
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 9:25pm On Feb 02
Chapter 16

Oscar's POV

“Nora” I called out as I watched her retreating figure walk out the door, shutting it quietly. I shouldn't have asked her to leave, what was I thinking?. I sank myself into the cushion, breathing with my mouths open whilst replaying all she had said in my head.

All these years I had myself feeling like the victim, whereas she has been the victim all along, only that I didn't know. I can't begin to imagine how terribly it was for her, and how she suffered all that alone while I relaxed in the comfort of an air-conditioned mansion grieving for what can't be compared to the pains and heartbreak she went through.

And….. I had a child.

Running my hands through my hair I exhaled deeply. I wonder if there would have been a difference if she hasn't lost the baby.

Damn!!! I wish she had just come to me, I wish she had just given me the benefit of a doubt and told me about the baby. I swear with my life, I would have accepted and taken responsibility. I loved Nora for goodness sake!!. I loved her with every fucking thing in me!.

I wish I was right there by her side through the storms. I really can't help but feel responsible for every pain she had to go through and all I want right now is a chance to make it up to her, if that would even be possible. I'm sure she is almost done packing. Why the Bleep did I even ask her to leave my house?! Mtcheeew.

As if I regained some strength, I got up from my comfortable position heading for her room. Preye and Sonia hasn't returned yet, good for them.

I knocked on the door and waited patiently for her to come open it. She did after some minutes, dressed in a black jumpsuit and blue heels which didn't hold back in revealing her perfect curves.

“Can I come in?”

“It's your house”. I'll take that as a yes

“I see you're ready…” I stated the obvious, she only nodded as she fixed her golden bracelet.

“Emmm, I know this may not change what had happened but-”

“Then don't bother”

“Don't be like this please. Okay look, I'm sorry you had to suffer the consequences of our action all alone. I just wished I knew but that doesn't matter now….”

“Yeah it doesn't”

Obviously this conversation isn't gonna lead anywhere.

“Can I drop you off?”

“I'd find my way”

“Can't you see I'm trying to be nice here?. Whatever happened wasn't entirely my fault and you know it. Why are-”

“Oscar the essence for all this show has been met. So can we just… you know, stop?. You asked me to leave remember?, I'm doing that so back off”.

“I should back off?” I asked.

“Yes, back off!”

“Well I can't” I replied as I suddenly started taking slow steps towards her making her confused. I got so close that it got her uncomfortable.

“What are you trying to do? I said back off!”

The truth is that I seriously can't.

She was obviously nervous at our body's proximity but I didn't care. I grabbed her small waist and held on to it firmly, pulling her in.

“Oscar…..” she trailed off, as her eyes searched mine. I bet she knows what I'm about to do but she's trying hard to tell herself it isn't happening.

“I can't Nora, not anymore” I whispered to her.

She tried to break free from my hold but I didn't let her. Coming down a little to her level so we are now facing each other, her warm breath fanning my face. I leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her lips, surprisingly she didn't look displeased, instead her eyes held so much longing in them.

I'll take that as a go-ahead. Wasting no more time, I grabbed her soft, inviting lips with mine, engaging it in a long, lingering kiss, something I've been wanting to do for a very long time now.

~~~~
Nora's POV

Here I am, seated at the front seat of Oscar's car while he drives me to the airport, even though he had an important meeting to attend to.

I kept replaying the kiss scene we had over and over in my head. At that point I could feel explosive fireworks in the air celebrating the wonderful moment with us. Wait, don't get me wrong. I was actually mad at him for how he treated me out there, but then, when he came into my room, having me wrapped in his strong arms, with his alluring fragrance clouding my senses and his body close to mine, I knew this Nora's heart versus Nora's head war was going to be over with Nora's heart winning the war. I knew at that point I was helpless to the yearning of my heart. But, I still tried, I tried to break free but once those lips of his touched mine, oh boy, I knew there was no turning back. My spirit, soul and body wanted more and more?.... It did get. That kiss was so electrifying, it was magnificent and magical!!.

The way our lips moved against each other, grabbing and sucking, our tongues clicking, our breath rising and falling and our heart beating….. had me wishing it didn't end, but that wish wasn't granted as he finally broke it off after a while and flashed me a warm smile. Placing a soft kiss on my forehead, he grabbed my hands and my box, heading for the door. Such a joy killer.

“Here we are” his voice had me snapping out of my thoughts.

“Oh!! Yeah. Thank you” I said sheepishly. Hope he doesn't notice I was still reminiscing over the kiss.

I tried opening the door but it wasn't bulging. I tried again before concluding he was behind it, so I turned to see him already staring at me.

“You might be wondering why I had to stop our little moments like that….” Of course I am, aboki.

He took a deep breath.

“Nora, can….. can we start all over again?” He asked with a hopeful look on his face.

“I want to do things right with you. What I mean is that, I won't hang around and play on a boyfriend title. Six years without you in my life is already enough. I want something very serious…… I want to marry you..” I almost choked on my saliva.

“What?!!”

“What's what?” He asked.

“Don't you think it's too early, you don't even know me that-”

“Nora, a man , knows who he wants to keep in his life from the moment he gets to know her. I've known you enough to say I know you”.

I said nothing.

“Look, I'm not saying it must be immediately. All I'm saying is that, I'm not going to waste anymore time, I've lost you once and now I've had another chance, I will utilize it. okay” I only stared at him, saying nothing.

“I love you Nora”

My heart flutters at the sound of his voice saying those words.

He suddenly burst into uncontrollable laughter. What's wrong with him?

“Don't worry, you don't have to give me an answer immediately, okay?” The look on my face must have made him laugh that much.

I nodded with a smile.

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by DemiKOL(f): 11:07pm On Feb 02
Op don cook finish. grin

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Blackanderw28: 10:00am On Feb 03
DemiKOL:
Op don cook finish. grin

Thanks for the update!

"Hello everyone! It's great to see so many familiar faces here. Let's make today memorable. Une Ligne
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 2:31pm On Feb 03
DemiKOL:
Op don cook finish. grin

Thanks for the update!
😂😂 Thanks for reading

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 2:37pm On Feb 03
Blackanderw28:

"Hello everyone! It's great to see so many familiar faces here. Let's make today memorable. Une Ligne
😊
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Pinkdimples: 10:42pm On Feb 03
Chai! See love.

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 11:25am On Feb 05
Pinkdimples:
Chai! See love.
😹🙈
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 11:30am On Feb 05
A Blissful week to us all. Pls oh, I've been out of power supply for days now...... A chapter dropping in few hours.
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 2:29pm On Feb 05
Chapter 17

January, the longest month in the year's calendar. Most times I wonder if it's a day each raised to the power of two. E nedey finish. I can't believe we are still on the tenth of the month, likeeeee….. this is crazy. Aside from the length, the Sapa that comes with it is usually alarming. Omo!! Well, it's not like I'm complaining for myself. Oh, it's just saying on behalf of the people because I'm doing perfectly fine. Work has been great. I and Oscar have been doing just fine. Likeeee, I don't even want to go into details, that guy is so sweet, caring and…. Everything a lady would ever ask for. He has always been this way, seems he got better with age.

Here I am, carrying the stuff I bought inside my house. I just decided to fill the house with foodstuffs and every necessary thing I'll be needing. This year?, I am so ready for you. Me sef no go gree for anybody.

“Oya now, madam I dun go” the driver told as he went into his car and drove off.

I inhaled deeply, so much unpacking to do, I'm tired already. Dragging the bag of rice like I am on a wrestle with it, I made sure it fitted into its place in the big cupboard. Next will be the drinks but for now, I need to eat… hunger wan show me shege. I made it in my fridge and got out the Afang soup I had made the previous day.

I paused when I heard a knock. Could that be on my door?, I paid attention and heard the knock again. Certainly on my door. I kept the soup and made it for the door.

“Jaja!!!” I screamed in excitement as I rushed at him for a big hug.

“See who keeps looking beautiful…. I've missed you” he said laughing loudly at my display of excitement.

“When did you get back?”

“Few hours ago. Thought to come see you” he replied as I led the way into the house.

“Someone is really busy” he said as he looked around my messy kitchen.

“As you can see. I was about preparing something to eat, would-”

“Please prepare for two. I've missed your cooking” He said, picking up the pack of grand malt like it weighs nothing and arranging them in the fridge. That's Jaja for you, always helpful.

“You just arrived and you decided to come see me, how lucky I must be '' I said as we sat on my four seat dining table.

“You know you have always been an important part of my life…. I got you something”

“I'm not surprised…. You get me things all the time” this got him smiling so broadly.

Please forgive me… the person seated with me is Jaja Douglas. I'm sure with the name you could know who's son he is.

After eating, I cleared the table and joined him in the living room where he was watching a movie. We've been very good friends for over five years now though most of the time, he spends it in the US.

“Don't you think we should go somewhere nice tonight?” he said. I pulled my eyes off the TV and focused them on him.

“That's a nice idea but it's almost 7 already and I'm so tired” I said, stressing the last part in a funny way.

He chuckled.

“Okay….. em” his hands went into his pocket then got with a little box.

Is it a necklace this time?How many more necklaces would he give me?. He got up and walked towards me, going on his knees.

Warris this?

He opened the box to reveal a shiny beautiful ring.

“Marry me Nora”

I couldn't help but burst into laughter, is this some kind of a joke?

“If this is a joke please stop it. Are you perhaps rehearsing on how you would propose to your girlfriend?” I asked in between laughter.

He suddenly frowned. Wait, he isn't joking, is he?

“I'm not joking Nora”

“What do you mean you aren't joking. You just got back and here you are asking me to marry you. We aren't even dating”.

“I've asked you to date me over and over again but you keep saying no!!”

“If I didn't agree to date you, what makes you think I'd marry you? Please stop this okay, I love you like a brother. Your mom raised me like her's, I-”

“Shut the Bleep up!!” He barked. Ewo!! My mouth formed an 'O’ in surprise. Did he just ask me to shut up?.

I scoffed in disbelief.

“You still haven't worked on your temper, have you?” I asked calmly.

“My temper is not the problem. You are. How much more will I wait Nora, you can't brother-zone me like that”

“You just got back. It's too early for this argument”

He got up from his knees, swelling in anger. Wahala

“I got back because of this,” I said, staring at the ring. My eyes caught a glance of an injury on his right wrist.

“How did you get injured?” I asked, pointing at his wrist. “Did you do that to yourself?” I asked.

“That isn't what we are talking about?!!”

Hope it's not what I'm thinking, but that occured some years back now.

“Nora!!” His yell had me back to my senses.

“Look Jaja, I have someone in my life alre-”

“Just shut it!!” He barked and stormed out of my house.

Wetin dey happen ni?. I grabbed my phone, dialing Mrs Douglas's number. She answered after two rings.

“Nora”

“Jaja came around. I didn't know he was back” I said, trying to sound casual.

“He came there?. Did he do or say anything out of line?” She asked curiously.

“Em, he… he asked-”

“Nora, talk to me,” she urged. I explained my encounter with him.

“Oh child, that's not a problem,” she said, laughing in an usual manner. I think something is off.

“He has an injury on his wrist, did he perhaps do that to-”

“No child. C'mon why would you think like that?. He got into a fight” even though I found it hard to believe, I agreed with her and ended the call.

If she says he got into a fight, who am I to disagree?.

🤍🤎🤍🤎

I arrived at the office a little bit late today, the traffic was terrible. While walking in I noticed the stares and whispers from other employees. Some pretended to be doing nothing when I looked at them, while the others continued whispering and even went further to point at me. What's happening? I made it into my office, placed my bag on the table and muttered some prayers. Right after my prayer, Oscar's call came in.

I smiled broadly at the sight of his name which I've changed to “My heart” on my screen. Funny how every conversation with him makes me giggle like a high school teenager in love. Our conversation lasted for a couple of minutes before he hung up.

“Boo, you arrived late,” Zainab said as she made herself comfortable on her own table.

“Traffic”

“Did you hear the gossip going around in the office?”. My curiosity rose to its highest level and she knows it.

“I noticed the stares and whispering”

“I overheard two staff members talking this morning, they said you didn't even graduate from school. They said something like "you're an OND drop out”.

My heart missed a beat. How the hell did that go out?. I and Mrs Douglas are the only persons who know about this.

“Nora!” I found Zainab's eyes peeping into mine. When did she get to my own desk?. “I asked if it's true?”

I blinked severally, how do I answer this?

“Do you know how they got to know about that?” I asked uncomfortably.

“I don't know. I know this is just false news. If you see what I did to them eh, those gossips, Amaka and Charity. I made sure to curse them and their generation. Rubbish!”. Zainab fumed, hissing in disgust.

How do I tell her what she heard is actually true?. I wonder how much more people know.

This fan, did it suddenly stop blowing or is it just the uneasy feeling in me?.

“Nora are you okay?”

“Yeah, yeah I am”.

“Look, girlfriend , can you talk to me?” I blinked severally. I don't even know what to say or do.

“What more are they saying?” I asked.

“What's with the questions?. Don't tell me what they're saying the truth” she questioned.

Did Jaja do this? I don't think so. I can swear Mrs Douglas never mentioned anything to him.

“Nora”

My attention went back to the curious looking Zainab in front of me.

“Don't tell me it's true,” she said with a look of disappointment in her eyes.

“It's a long story Zainab”

“One too long to let me know about?”

I said nothing in defense, what could I possibly say?

“How much more are you hiding from me?. I thought we were friends?”

“Of course we are”

She scoffed. “I wonder how foolish I must be looking in the eyes of those ladies as I defended you like a mugu. Friends indeed” she stood straight.

“Zainab” I called out but she didn't look back as she walked quietly out of the office. I'm screwed.

Quickly I opened my WhatsApp, and rushed to the company's group chat. Omo, these people have finished my life. The mean and terrible words they fired towards me was so much. I ignored the words typed in there, scrolling downwards. I need to see the source of the information.

It took some time for me to get what I was looking for, right there is the information from an anonymous person and the person seems to know a lot. It's certainly not Jaja, we fight most of the times besides he isn't in the company's group chat, oh God!! I just feel like the ground should open up and swallow me.

~~~~

Mrs Douglas sent for me later at noon. The journey from my office to her's seems like the longest journey I've embarked on all my life. With shaking legs and awkward steps I made it to her office.

“How did this get out?” She inquired immediately I walked in.

“I seriously don't know ma'am” I replied sincerely. She walked over to where I stood.

“I didn't do this, I promise” my eyes rested on her face. My conversation with her over the phone flashed on my mind. Was that why she asked if Jaja said anything off?

I sniffed, saying nothing to her.

“Child you have to believe me, I didn't do this. Jaja didn't too, I never mentioned anything to him”

“Everyone is talking about it, the hateful comment on the group and their accusing fingers just make me feel like a pathetic-”

“I know, child. I will make sure I find out who is behind this, I promise”. I don't even know if I believe her or not. But then, what would she gain if she did this, nothing.

I smiled weakly, she has been a parent to me for a long time now, It isn't a crime if I believe her.

“I promise you child. For now, ignore what they are saying. I'll try my best to keep everyone quiet about it. I'll have my driver take you home okay”. I only nodded. The worst Monday of my life.

3 Likes

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by DemiKOL(f): 5:41pm On Feb 05
Thanks for the update Op!
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 1:32am On Feb 07
DemiKOL:
Thanks for the update Op!
Thanks for reading 😊

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 10:04am On Feb 07
Chapter 18

“I understand how you feel, but don't beat yourself up over it. You are a very strong woman, you got this” Oscar said as we viewed each other from the screen. I narrated everything to him as soon as I got home.

“Yeah, thank you” his words did make me feel better.

“Don”t you think Mrs Douglas is hiding something…… something that has to do with her son?” I paused for a while, giving this some thought.

“You think so?”

“I do. Maybe he's a psychopath”

This made me laugh seriously. I never believed I would be laughing out this loud, not after how my day went but here I am, holding tightly to my tummy in laughter. He joined me too.

“Forget the fact that I'm laughing too. I mean, who appears out of somewhere and proposes marriage to someone who never agreed to date you. Then get really really mad when she turns you down?. You also said you saw an injury in his wrist and you suspect he did that to him-”

“I only had those suspicions cause he does that whenever he's not getting what he wants or he's sad, but that was some years back. He finally stopped. It would be very wrong of me to use that fact to judge this present situation now”.

He opened his mouth to say something else but stopped when a lady….. no, not a lady, a girl appeared close to him. My eyes shined so bright like a torchlight. She played her hands on his shoulder.

“Big bro, you haven sent the money oh”. Big bro?, Ah, I released the breath I didn't know I've been holding, not until now.

“Can't you see I'm in the middle of something?” He asked with a frown. She rolled her eyes in confusion, but smiled brightly when her eyes landed on the laptop screen.

“Ohhhh, I see. Hi, I'm Annabel” she introduced, smiling brighter than before.

“Hi Annabel, I'm Nora”.

“Nora….. that name, that name sounds famili….” She paused and screamed so loud as if she suddenly realized something.

“Chris!!!!!, Come and see big bro's Nora!!” She screamed. Oscar on the other hand just clasped his palm over his face in a playful manner.

“Is she really Nora?, Like the real, original Nora?” The one I think bears Chris asked. Looking at me then at her brother who said nothing but only shook his head like someone that has been casted.

“Ah…. And you didn't tell us. Mummy and daddy must hear oh…. Oh, sorry. I'm Christable, the original baby of the house” I couldn't help but chuckle, she looks so cute…… Oscar had told me alot about them.

“Thank you lady's for disrupting my wonderful moment. Please do well to leave my room the way you came in. I'll have my driver send you both home” Oscar said, making them murmur in disagreement.

“Can't you let us stay one more day?”

“I'm tired of you both”

“Fine. Credit us and we'll leave cheerfully” the other one…… Annabel, yeah Anabel said, earning a playful glare from her brother.

I just watched how they talked and laughed with him. I wish I had younger siblings like he did. For a while I forgot about the whole drama going on right now, and I'm grateful for that. I mean, what good comes out from worrying?. None.

💚💚💚💚

It's been three days since I was officially casted in the office. Just as Oscar had advised, I tried not to let it bother me, rather I focused my attention on the tons of paperwork piled up at my desk, waiting for attention. He had promised to visit me before the week runs out, I just can't wait to see him again.

While typing away on my laptop, Zainab walked in. She hasn't said a word to me since the incident. We've never been in such beef before, not for once.

“Babe, good morning” is a nice way to start the conversation. If she heard anything, I couldn't tell because she continued arranging her table like she didn't.

“Zainab?”

“Madam, it's still very early in the morning to begin with unwanted conversations”.

"I'm sorry okay" I said, going towards her.

“Las Las, e dun cast, na everybody go chop breakfast, shayo ohh”. She sang out loudly, eying me mockingly, this had me stopping on my track.

“Really Zainab?”.

She continued with her song.

“I seriously don't understand why you're taking all this too seriously. It's my personal life, I'm not just expected to dish out my life story to you. I'm an OND dropout so what, am I the first?” I asked obviously stressed.

“No, you’re not the first, you're the worst. I graduated from the University of Lagos with a second class upper in business administration and what?, I get to have you as a superior? You!!, You Nora. How can a drop out be a line manager as well as a company's audit team leader, how?!!”

“Zainab you and I know that I didn't want to accept the role of an audit team leader, besides it's just temporal”

And that's the truth. Mrs Douglas had wanted to make her the team leader but for some reasons she refused to disclose to me, she kept it on hold. All she said was that she still needs to observe Zainab even though I don't know why, and I should just fill in for the time being.

“Alaye!!…. Just carry the nearest relaxer and relax yourself. You dey whyne me?..... Everyday you would walk in feeling like the Queen of England, no one knows you are just an undeserving….” Her eyes moved to the door which was now opened. Some staff members walked in, I wondered what they wanted.

“...... Pretender. You pretend to be good, holy and clean. While everyone looks at me like the wild, untamed, disappointing Muslim” she laughs.

“What's all this about Zainab?. Look, I'm sorry okay”

She scoffed, eying me from the top to the bottom

“Alright, It looks like you have more to say. Go on, say it” I urged.

She turned to the rest, who surprisingly were still standing there. Did they team up to have me tongue lashed and disgraced?.

“No one knows that our little miss perfect here is just a slut that killed her baby and lied it was an accident, mtcheew!!!”

I gasped in shock.

if this is a dream I think it's time to wake me up. Someone, please wake me up!!.

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Pinkdimples: 8:36pm On Feb 07
Hmm this is getting hot

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 1:31pm On Feb 10
Pinkdimples:
Hmm this is getting hot
Swrs 😹

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daughters Of Arabia By Jean Sasson / My Little Secret. A Short Romance Story. / The Lust Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.