Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings (4965 Views)

New Story Alert!!...lonely Wife!(18+)...not For Kids / New Story: TOCHI / New Story Alert!!! - "Listen": Chapter Three (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 5:29pm On Mar 06
Pinkdimples:
Okay. I sent a mail
Alright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 6:56pm On Mar 06
Chapter 26

“Baby”

“Uumm?”

“Where are we going?” I asked, looking at him as he stared into the quiet road. One could think it's day as bright lights shone all around.

He only smiled at me, he looked so worried. Seems he's not in the mood to say much.

The drive seemed like the longest journey I've embarked on all my life. I don't know if it's because the atmosphere is just so dull and quiet or the fact that I don't even know where we're going.

We got to a large gate which was opened after some…….. is that….

“Louisville hospital?” I read out aloud.

A hospital. Who's in a hospital. I gazed at him quizzically, he smiled sadly again.

Getting out of the door, he turned around and opened mine for me.

Always a gentleman.

We walked hand in hand.

“Which room is he in?” He asked the reception. A chubby lady on a low cut. She looks pretty with that haircut.

From the look of things it seems like the staff here knows him as they seem to familiarize with him.

“His usual” she replied, smiling broadly and winking at me. A gesture I don't understand the reason for but smiled in response.

Grabbing my hands like a little girl, he led the way. In a few seconds, my mind has thought of one million things as of who were here to see. One thing is for certain, whoever we're here to see is someone very important to him.

Getting to a certain door, he opened it and we walked in to see his mom, seated on the chair, she looked healthy and okay. If she's not the one, is it the twins?...... Just like that the both girls walked in from another door, chattering and laughing, then who's possibly…….. his father??!!

How come I never thought of him.

There he was, lying on a bed too large to be a sick bed. In Fact this room looks like a comfortable living room.

“Son” he called out immediately he saw us.

“How are you feeling?” Oscar asked as he went closer. The gentleness in his voice is so comforting. The care and concern written all over him would make one wonder if he was the same person, who was very mad at his father before now.

~~~~

I don't know if in my narrative I've called Oscar's dad by his name but I'm officially doing so now. I was told that Mr Tobias had a heart attack. Thank God he was rushed to the hospital on time.

Right now I'm left alone with just him, wondering where everyone is at the moment, I thought to go out and search for them. Sitting here all alone with him is kind of awkward.

“Sit child…. I want to have a talk with you” he said just as I made to leave. He sat up on the bed and kept his phone aside.

Some time ago he looked so weak but now?He seems perfectly fine to me.

I sat back on my seat and paid attention. I wonder what this talk is about. It'll probably be about me and Oscar.

For some seconds he said nothing but just stared at me.

Does he want to make a last wish?, Probably to leave his son?. I just hope that's not the case oh.

Out of nowhere a large smile appeared on his face, making me more confused than I already am.

“I won't be making a huge mistake by letting you into my family and into my son's life”..... He paused.

What exactly is going on?

“I see the love both of you have for each other, and I admire it. With this little friction between me and my son, I got to see the kind of person you are, and though I've known him all his life, I still confirmed the kind of person he is. Oscar is my only son, he has been a good son and a good brother and one thing I was scared of…. Is he getting married to someone who will take him far from his family. That may sound selfish but that's the truth. You know, the power of a woman is so strong that she can divide a once strong and loving family and also, I wanted to know how much you love him. You are the first woman he has ever brought home even though he has dated other women. I saw how much he loves you and wanted to know if you love him the same, I wanted to be sure he hasn't just fallen hard for someone who doesn't even give a cent about him or his family…..” he paused and got out a ludo, signaling me to join him.

Who plays a ludo in a hospital, at this time of the night?. They're some things I can't just explain when it comes to them.

Honoring the invite, I joined him in the game. Picking out the blue and green seeds to my side. He played first and had a double six, played again and got the same. I opened my mouth in awe. He played again and still got a double six. Seeing how awed I am, he laughed heartily.

“I'm very good at this” he stated the obvious.

Finally, he played again and got a three and a two. I watched him count the numbers until he was done. I played mine and had one a four and a two. Na wa oh.

“So…..”

Back to our discussion.

“When my son came to me trying to make me approve of you two, I saw how much he values my opinion and my decisions. He really wanted me to accept you but at the same time is not willing to let you go. And you?, I saw how disturbed you were. You wanted father and son to be like they've always been”.

I chuckled.

“How did you know that?” I asked, amazed.

He laughed again.

“I had it all planned with my wife, she was my spy. Didn't you notice she was always visiting you guys?”

I opened my mouth.

“No wayyyyyyyy!!”

“You remember the last day she visited?” I nodded aggressively that one would think my head would fall off.

“You were so restless, you pleaded and pleaded” He laughed. “You were even crying” he laughed so hard.

God, these people dun use me catch cruise.

“You know, she recorded it and sent it to me, oh child….” He bursted into laughter again.

Chai, I dun see something. I couldn't help but join him in laughter.

“It sounds crazy but that's it. We were just trying to be sure, I hope you understand”

“Yeah I do”.

“I love Oscar, I love him very very much. And I love you guys too” I said, meaning every bit of it.

“I know”.

“But what about the news?.... You went on TV-”

“Ah, forget that one. That one is just for show. I needed to make it look real now, besides I also wanted to shake your father a little, that man is a strong politician who seems unshakeable, it did shake him though.... And also, give hungry Nigerians something to talk about. Don't you see I've been trending all this while. You too” he asked, nudging me playfully.

This is so crazy and funny too. I'm just relieved and glad all this was just a prank.

“Another thing, I didn't have any heart attack oh. I just lied. It's part of the game. I wanted to see if Oscar would turn his back on me. You know we've never really had any major argument before. This is like the first, and it turned out that my son values his family”.

Even though this feels childish in some way, I kinda understand him though. One thing I've learnt is that parents are always protective of their children even though they're grown, just that….. Some take it to the extreme.

“And lastly…… let this be our secret okay. He mustn't know about this” he said, winking at me.

I frowned in a playful manner.

“He may get really angry if he finds out we just stressed him for nothing,” he explained.

“I don't think he will”

“Alright then….. I'll tell him over a glass of wine”.

2 Likes

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Pinkdimples: 10:16pm On Mar 06
Wow! Nice one Zara.

Bring it on!!

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 6:35pm On Mar 07
Pinkdimples:
Wow! Nice one Zara.

Bring it on!!

Thanks plenty❤️🙈
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 8:39am On Mar 08
Chapter 28

The sounds of cutleries meeting, glasses clicking, people talking and laughing, and soft music playing in the background filled the place. The place looks different than what I'm used to. The event planner had done a great job with the decorations of the large living room that one would think it's an event center. The beautiful ribbons, balloons and some stuff I don't know what it's called…… abeg make una no laugh me. No be everything person dey know. All I'm saying is that the place is beautiful.

Funny enough, my dad and his other family are here. Odd right?Well, for my sake he decided to put his political and personal dislike for Mr Tobias aside and welcome the invitation.

My Aunty Joy, her daughter Tamuno and her son, Olamide are here too. Mrs Douglas is here too. She surprised me at how she embraced my father and began gushing like she has always liked him from the beginning. I know she isn't just faking it. I'm grateful she decided to be nice to him. This life is too short to be having beef. For me?, This is a new life and I want to live it happily and peacefully. That brings me to the next person to mention. Zainab!!!! Yes, I invited her and she did come. Before then she has been stalking all my social media handles. Pleading that I should forgive her.

“I was just jealous of you. You were everything I wanted to be. In character, looks, charisma and achievement. You were just so good and I didn't even know when I began to nurture so much hate for you until it consumed me” she had confessed one of the days.

Looks, you may say that I'm stupid for forgiving just like that but that's not it. Yes, I forgive her with all my heart. But that doesn't mean we have to be as close as we were before. Now, I have new goals, visions and targets. I'm also in a new environment now, I've got a different life to live. Outside my very big perfume store, I've gone back to school to continue finishing up. You see?I have many more things to do and maintaining a friendship is not one of them. I just want to be at peace with everyone.

Ah, I no even tell una wetin we dey celebrate. Does it even matter?. Here in Nigeria, just put canopy, call one dj, cook rice, buy drink….. omo people dun full oh. Whether Dem know wetin you dey celebrate or not. Wetin concern them. As far as there's food and merriment, my lovely people will mount. Forget I love my people.

But that's not the case here though. I and Oscar just decided to throw a little party, we said little but my dear…. Little is far from what we've put up here oh. Since there's been so much beefing and controversy amongst us, we decided it was necessary for all of us to come together and vibe together. Letting go of all our hurt, dislike and sentiment and moving on. So you see?Even my significant other thinks so too.

“What about Jaja?..... Is he allowed to come?” I had asked Oscar on purpose the day we were planning this event.

With him seated on the bed and I on his lap, with my hand refusing to stay at a place as it found it's way on him, caressing anywhere it felt like. This man smells like heaven, sometimes I feel like entering inside of him and remaining there.

“Jaja…..” he shrugged uncomfortably.

I couldn't help but laugh at his reaction. Shey na us wan make peace with everybody….. oshey, the peace making couple.

“C'mon baby…. In two weeks, we will be getting married. I'm yours okay, so….. let go of whatever you have against him”

He looked down at him lovingly. Then turned his face the other way. Wetin be the problem?..... Is it jealousy or what?

I laughed again.

“I don't know why I can't seem to forgive that guy no matter how I try” he confessed. Twisting his cute face like something disgusts him.

“He's not going to try that again”

“And how are you sure about that?” He asked, bringing his face closer that I could feel his breath fan my face.

“Because he knows you are here. This time you may even have his bones broken” I said, smiling at the thought of him breaking Jaja into multiple pieces. Ah God forgive me for this kind of evil thought oh.

“Really?”

“Uhhum”

“Mmmmm?”

“Yeahhhhhhhhhh”

Our voices were almost in a whisper now as our lips were moving in the direction of each other. In no time they met as there was only little space keeping them apart. He pulled me in and deepened the kiss.

Oya e dun do, we no even do anything serious sef. Una too like that kind gist. Back to the main gist jor………

~~~~

When, as I was saying before I rush go bedroom talk. The get-together gang is here too. They were all very happy for us, funny enough, Emeka got us a gift as he won't be able to make it to the wedding.

Kendra came with her husband and little Nora. Funny how children grow so fast. You need to see how grown she is now.

When I say all the get-together gang, I mean all. Amanda is here too, though we didn't invite her but she said she heard the news from Sonia and decided to invite herself.

“Look I know we had a rough path all thanks to me. I'm sorry, okay. And trust me, I just came here to say I'm sorry and merry with the others. Who knows, I may find my husband here……” she laughs.

“Trust me, I would never plan on coming between both of you okay” she assured sincerely. “He didn't even love me sef, na me just dey gum body”.

She seems very different today and just as she had said, she was busy mingling with others. Guys mostly. Seems she got what she wanted as she was later seen leaving with someone.

3 Likes

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Pinkdimples: 10:19am On Mar 08
Forgiveness is good.

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 2:37pm On Mar 08
Pinkdimples:
Forgiveness is good.

...... Very good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 5:26pm On Mar 12
Chapter 29

It's a very cold and dark night, except for the street light…. Just one by the way. I looked around but can't seem to recognize where I'm at. And why am I dressed in a white robe?. Am I dead or what?. This is certainly not one of my dresses.

I turned around, fear suddenly gripping me. Why is everywhere drop dead quiet?.

“Anyone here?!” I screamed. That's all I could think of.

The echoing of my voice made me realize I'm all alone.

“Dear Lord, please help me” I muttered beneath my breath as I hugged myself.

Feeling something grip my dress, I jerked away, turning abruptly to see what it was.

Surprisingly it was a little girl, possibly six years of age.

“Please, I want to go home…” I pleaded with her.

She too is dressed in a white robe and her hair is beautifully adorned with ribbons. She looks so much at peace unlike me that's trembling so much like a leaf.

She smiled sweetly at me, surprising me.

“Who are you?” I asked.

“Mommy”

Really?, Mommy?. Has she gone knots?. If I'm dead and on my way for judgment, can't she at least let me know?. Which one is mommy again?.

“Don't be scared. I thought to come see you after so many years and say goodbye”. She spoke so fluently and softly. Smiling all the way.

“What are you talking about?”

Make nobody use me catch cruise oh.

She tried to come closer but I shifted backwards.

“Please don't be scared mommy”

Why the hell is she calling me that?!.

Again she moved closer, this time I didn't move backwards, even though I'm still scared and confused.

Getting to me, she slowly took my hands.

Having her little soft hand touch mine made me relaxed a little.

She opened my palms and dropped three fruits in it.

“Those are my gifts for you,” she said, smiling again. Now I got to see how clean her tooth's are. A smile formed on my face unknown to me.

“I left you…… I had to. Your life would have gotten even more difficult and complicated if I hadn't……” hope it's not what I'm thinking?

“..... And whenever the weather is so cold or something bad happens to or around you, the memory of the day I left comes to taunt you….” I could feel my heart beat increase.

“...... I'm sorry, I know you missed me. I'm all grown now….” She turned around like a little princess, laughing heartily.

“..... Your life is perfect now and I'm so happy”

“Goodbye mommy”

Just like that? Without thinking twice I grabbed her, hugging her so tight like my life depended on it.

“Oh my child, my princess” I breathed heavily as I held onto her. All these years I've been taunted by the memory of that rainy night and today I managed to see her, she wants to leave?.

We remained in that position with me running my hand through her hair. Finally I let go.

“You are so beautiful”

She smiled. “You too mommy. I have to go now”, she said, creating some distance between us.

“Go where?, Please don't leave”.

“I have to, you have my sister and brothers with you. Never think of me again” she said as she kept taking steps backwards.

I shook my head in disapproval, hoping she wouldn't leave me. But that didn't help, slowly she faded into the wind.

“Noooo, please come back………”

I looked at the fruits in my hands, what am I supposed to do with them now?

“Baby…”

I turned around looking for the voice that said that. Why does it sound so familiar?

“Baby?!” Again…..

“Nora”.

In a jiffy, my eyes snapped open. Oscar was peering down at me.

He chuckles softly.

“It's raining heavily and thunderstorms are roaring outside but you aren't sweating, calling on your baby or holding on the sheets…… mmmm, that's a good one” he said, sitting beside me.

I looked around. So all that was a dream?. It felt so real, so so real.

“You okay darling?”

“Yeah, yeah I am” I nodded aggressively, swallowing the saliva that had formed in my mouth.

His fingers got to my eyes and wiped something off, tears……

“You only cried, quietly, '' he said softly.

“Come here” slowly pulled me into his arms. While I held onto him tightly.

That dream…… that dream felt so real.

2 Likes

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Pinkdimples: 5:06am On Mar 14
Preggy on the way!

Nice update Zara.

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 9:12am On Mar 14
Pinkdimples:
Preggy on the way!

Nice update Zara.

Yes oh, we will go and eat child dedication rice, that's after eating wedding rice😹😹.

Thanks dearie, I appreciate you.

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Bukenke86: 7:54pm On Mar 15
Patiently waiting for the next episode

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Pinkdimples: 10:06pm On Mar 15
ZaraIhua:

Yes oh, we will go and eat child dedication rice, that's after eating wedding rice😹😹.

Thanks dearie, I appreciate you.
You are always welcome dear

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 12:02pm On Mar 16
Bukenke86:
Patiently waiting for the next episode

.... And here it is😊
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 12:02pm On Mar 16
Chapter 30

Oscar's POV

Here I am, seated in the living room. A bottle of wine and a glass laid on the table waiting for me to do some justice with them but I just do not seem to be in the mood any longer.

My phone ringing beside me had me taking my eyes off the boring football match displaying on the TV screen. It's my secretary. She told me she had misplaced the flash drive I had given to her. She better look for that drive cause all those explanation without an evidence will not lead her anywhere.

Everything seems to piss me off this morning. First, is waking up and not seeing Nora anywhere. I've called her several times and she isn't picking up, that's unlike her. It's a Saturday and she rarely goes out, especially not in the morning. I asked the gateman and he said he saw her leaving in a haste. And now this?

“I'm not impressed at all!!. What were you both thinking?!”. That's her voice and she sounds really mad.

Slowly the door opened and she walked in but stopped abruptly when she saw me. Why does she look surprised?

“You…. You're awake?” She asked nervously as she put her phone in her back pocket.

“It's 1:30”

“Oh… yeah”.

“You sounded so mad, is anything the problem?” I asked, watching her closely.

“No, nothing. I'll just….. I'll just go and shower” why is she in a rush?.

“Where did you go so early this morning?”

She paused on her track but refused to turn around.

“Just went to sort some stuff, I'll make breakfast” with that, she walked off.

Breakfast this afternoon ke?

That's odd, in fact she's been acting oddly these few days.

❤️💛❤️

Nora's POV

I let the warm water run through my body as I tried not to remember the event of the day.

These girls have succeeded in stressing me, I'm so pissed right now but I thank God sha.

I'm just coming from a police station at Ahoada, somewhere here in Rivers State. Annable and Christable were arrested.

How do I even explain this?. Okay.

Three days ago, Mr Tobias had called me to ask if the girls had arrived here safely. I was confused because there was no plan or knowledge of them coming over. I just told him not yet but I'll inform him if they do.

Right after the call, Annable's call came in.

“Big sis, please we need your help. Chris And I want to attend a friend's birthday party tonight but we lied to dad that we're coming over ....”

“Why would you do that?Lying to your parents, with my name, that's crazy” I had asked.

“He won't let us leave the house. You know how he is now. I wish we're in school…. And you're the only one who could help”

“Please sis, we'll return tomorrow and everything will go back to normal. Pleaseeeee” Christable's voice echoed in the background.

I inhaled, these girls….. I just don't want any trouble.

“You girls, be careful out there. Make sure you return the next day as planned and next time, don't lie especially with my name. I won't take that” I warned sternly.

And that's how they left the house. I knew it was wrong but….

The next day I called them to see if they've gone back home but both of their numbers were switched off. I called Mrs Glory, their mom but didn't tell her the main reason I had called, just in case they weren't back. I acted like I just wanted to know how she was doing. When she asked if the twins were enjoying their weekend, I knew they weren't back.

What the hell?!. I tried their contacts again to no avail. Ah!!! I don't like this kind of play oh. All through the day I was so restless and confused.

At some point Oscar noticed it but I told him it was the wedding plans that was stressing me out.

“But the wedding planner has everything under control,” he said.

“Yeah…. I'm just, you know” o boy!!.

Just early this morning my phone rang, it was Annable.

“What the hell Anna?”

“Sis we have been in the police station since day before yesterday”

I thought I didn't hear it right so I asked her to repeat herself and she did. At that point I felt like the ground should just open and swallow me. What if their parents hear of it, what if Oscar does?.

I asked her where and she said “Ahoada”. I almost went crazy. They told me the party was here in Port Harcourt, at GRA precisely. It was obvious they lied to me too.

I felt like the most foolish person on planet Earth. How do I explain this?

Rushing out of bed, I grabbed my phone and rushed out of the house. I'd use public transportation as I can't ask Oscar to drive me there. Oscar knowing about this is something I couldn't want to happen.

I arrived there and had them bailed. How they got into the station is not something I want to talk about now. All I want now is to fill up my stomach with some food and then have some rest.

Just as I walked out of the bathroom I met with an angry looking Oscar, sitting on the bed, tapping his feet and obviously waiting for me.

I just hope it's not what I think it is.
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 7:31am On Mar 18
Chapter 31

He was just quiet, staring at nothing in particular, until his phone rang.

He looked at the screen and lazily picked it up.

“Can you make sure this doesn't go out? To both the press and my parents” he asked over the phone and was quiet for a while.

“I wish I had known earlier, they would have remained locked in there for some more days. Thanks man, I really appreciate” he said and the call ended.

My back was turned against him but I could feel his gaze on me. Trying to calm myself, I grabbed the Nivea lotion on the dressing table and applied some to my body. Making sure my eyes did not meet with his, I walked over to the wardrobe and got out some clothes, putting them on as quickly as possible.

I contemplated whether to confess on my own or wait till he ask me. What do I even say or how do I start?. I covered up for his sisters to attend a birthday party where one of them sees her boyfriend over there rocking another girl. Out of annoyance she starts fighting the girl and her sister joins in alliance only for them to end up in the police station? Ah.

“Anna and Chris was arrested …” he trailed off as he got up from the bed.

It's time to face the mountain, so I turned around to face him. He didn't look pleased at all.

“...... And you knew about it”.

“I was going to tell you about it”

“When the Lord Jesus Christ comes?” He asked.

“I didn't know they were going to Ahoada, they only told me GRA and I was expecting them to return the following day just as planned until this” I explained sincerely.

“Then why didn't you tell me?”

“They had pleaded I didn't, and I knew you were going to be mad at me for aiding them in-”

“And you went ahead to do it?”

I said nothing in reply as his phone was ringing. He stared at it for a while and marched towards it.

He spoke for a little while, and turned back to me, chuckling sadly.

“Why is mom asking me if anything happened between us and the girls?” He asked, confused.

“Maybe because they believed the girls had been here all through the while”. I replied awkwardly.

“What?”

I inhaled deeply, I guess telling him how it all started would be of help.

From how it began to this point, I told him all of it. Only for him to start clapping.

“Interesting…. Very interesting” he continued clapping.

“Why are you acting like this?. I just told you I didn't even know their plan from the unset. They-”

“I wonder if it's with this kind of pattern you'll use in raising our kids. Keeping things from me and covering up for them” he said.

“It's fine if you don't want to believe me but it's not fine when you question my character and my ability to raise our kids”

He scoffed.

“You couldn't even stop those two girls from leaving their father's house to a nonsense party and you stand here to defend yourself”

“Jesus Christ, you are unbelievable” I said angrily. “I just told-”

“No, you are unbelievable. Instead of you feeling remorseful for aiding those girls, you're here defending yourself. If you had stopped them, all this rubbish wouldn't have happened. And for those brats, they haven't seen anything. They should continue fooling around” he fired.

“Yes, I shouldn't have agreed but it's entirely not my fault. They also lied to me”.

“Why the hell did you keep it from me?!. At least from the day you couldn't reach them, you should have opened up” He half yelled.

“Can you stop yelling please?. Go yell at your sisters and leave me alone” I told, obviously pissed at his refusal to understand me.

“Maybe if you had yelled at them on my behalf, all this rubbish wouldn't have happened” he said

“Well, I didn't. My bad. You can sue me” I replied breathing very hard.

💚💙💚

Oscar's POV

It's been two days since our fight and since then we haven't spoken to each other. Except the 'good morning’ and 'good nights’.

“Bro, you guys should stop this nonsense now. Your wedding is in a few days oh. Few days” Preye said as he gulped in his glass of whiskey.

I clicked my tongue. “Guy you no go understand. How will she tell me I'm questioning her character?. For the lies and rubbish act she-”

“Wait, na the fact say she cover up those girls dey vex you abi say, she say you question her character?” He cut in curiously.

“All join guy. All of it. What does she mean by that? I automatically assume she'll do the same when we start having kids”.

Preye bursted into laughter. Wetin dey worry this guy sef?.

“See guy, I know it's annoying but cut her some slack. Your sister's were wrong in their actions and even more wrong in dragging her into it but look here. Youths these days are crazy and they know that it would be easier to leave the house with that excuse than any other one…..”

“How?” I asked keenly.

“C'mon now. Your parents won't question them since they've heard Nora. And according to your darling, they pleaded with her. Any person in her position could simply agree…”

“I won't”

“And that's why they didn't call you. Besides, they lied to her about their destination too” he replied sharply.

“Do you know how I felt, receiving a call and being told that my sisters were locked up because they fought with another girl over a man? A man!!! Two hundred level students that should be focusing on their life and future... To crown it all, my woman knows about it and hid it from me, even went and bailed them. The day she returned, I asked her where about and she had the guts to tell me she went to sort some stuff…… what do you expect?”

“I'm not wrong to believe she'll act the same way when it comes to our children too and one thing I hate is indiscipline in kids. Na my papa spoil those girls sha…..” I said, pouring all the content from my glass down my throat

We both said nothing for a while.

“I don't like this abeg, see una see Friday…. Make una chill abeg”

I said nothing in response.

“Guy chill now. You way nedey vex. Chill. You know Nora isn't like that. Don't you think she's right by saying you're questioning her character?. The Bleep up dun happen….. let it go abeg” Preye persuaded.

I exhaled. Trust me I hate being angry especially not at Nora. Anger is just like you punishing yourself for another person's actions. It's a waste of time. But this right here?. Is crazy.

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Pinkdimples: 6:29pm On Mar 18
Abeg calm down. Forgive her sad sad

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 6:44pm On Mar 21
Pinkdimples:
Abeg calm down. Forgive her sad sad
🙈🙈
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 6:48pm On Mar 21
Chapter 32

Nora's POV

It feels so awful in here. All I want is to be with my baby, in his arms. I couldn't even help but think about our fight even in the office today.

Yeah, he has the right to be mad at me but at least, he should have believed my own part of the story too.

I felt like he didn't trust me enough and him saying I would act that way with our kids made me feel terrible.

I'm tired of this fighting and beefing. I couldn't even sleep well last night. I kept tossing and rolling, while he worked on his laptop all through. It was hard for him to sleep too, reason why he opted to working late in the night. Something he's never done since we've been together.

He had gone out earlier and hasn't returned and it's getting late now. I tried not to read meaning into it and kept an open mind. Hoping he'll return soon and we'll make up.

I looked at the time, it's past 7. Okay, I left the living room and headed for the bedroom. A quick shower to calm my nerves.

After the shower, I went back to the living room and changed the channel to Zeeworld….. it's almost time for Twist of Fate to begin….. Ahbi and Pragya's love story is something I don't pray to miss.

I forgot all about my worries as the romantic scene of the lovers displayed before my eyes and didn't know when he returned, until I saw him walk in and sit beside me.

“This people and their exaggerating scenes” he said casually as he eyed the TV screen. He has always disliked Zee world.

I chuckled.

“Ahbi and Pragya are just too cute” I said, smiling broadly at the couples on the screen as they held onto each other. Kiss kwanu, no way. Oya let go, no way. They just remained in that position while the camera man kept turning and turning. I love it though.

Just then, I remembered our own problem and turned to him. He didn't look as pissed as he was…. That's a green flag.

“Baby?"

I got no response.

"Baby, I'm sorry”. I apologized.

His eyes were on the screen even though I know he wasn't enjoying the show.

“Baby?”

“Mmmm”

“I said I'm sorry” I repeated again. “I shouldn't have kept it from you and, I'm sorry for the way I spoke to you during the fight”.

"Did it ever occur to you that you would be blamed if something worse had happened to them? He asked calmly.

I said nothing, just looked down at my fingers which happen to look interesting to me.

He tore his eyes away and focused them on me. Taking my hands into his, he looked deep into my soul for some while

“It's okay. I'm sorry too for not understanding you and questioning your character…” I smiled at the last part of his words. “You're gonna be a great mom” he added.

I chuckled and rushed into his arms.

“I missed you so much”

“I missed you too honey”.

4 Likes

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Bukenke86: 5:33pm On Mar 23
Thanks for the update but this one na just appetizer now wey the main dish gangan😋😋😀😀

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 8:40pm On Mar 23
Bukenke86:
Thanks for the update but this one na just appetizer now wey the main dish gangan😋😋😀😀

No worry, the main dish dey come soon😹😹

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Bukenke86: 8:43pm On Mar 25
Hello...we are waiting ooooo

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 10:58am On Mar 27
Bukenke86:
Hello...we are waiting ooooo

Sorry for the long wait.... I've been really busy lately. Soon I'd update.... Plenty love💜
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Bukenke86: 8:36am On Mar 28
No probs my love❤️. Cook it well...... Enjoy a stress free day.

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 5:02pm On Apr 01
Bukenke86:
No probs my love❤️. Cook it well...... Enjoy a stress free day.

Thanks dear
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 5:03pm On Apr 01
Chapter 33

Few years later.

“It's bed time kids” I said loudly as I walked into the large room decorated with lots of beautiful paintings.

My triplets sat in their respective seats at the game corner, focused on the video games they were playing.

“Tehillah, Travis and Thelma…. It's bed time” I called out again, this time firmly.

“But mummy, we are at the peak of the game” Tehillah, the eldest, spoke up, frowning his cute face.

“It's 8:30 already…. To your beds now”

Thelma the only female and the last amongst them, dropped her pad on the table and walked to her side of the room. A pinky Cinderella corner…. Funny how the decor looks exactly like those in Disney world.

Travis, my second son, walked to the purple corner of the room, frowning all the way. This kids never gets tired of video games.

Finally, Tehillah the eldest followed suit. He has the corner painted and decorated with the colour blue.

“When's daddy gonna be back?” Travis asked.

“Soon honey” I replied as I helped Tehillah cover up properly.

“He promised to take us out this Sunday and it's Friday already” Thelma whined as she crossed her hands over her chest.

“I don't know honey, I've been trying to reach him to no avail” I replied as I walked over to Travis's side…. They always want the AC on but won't cover up, who does that?. What if they catch a cold?

“And he promised to play games with us tomorrow” Tehillah added.

I said nothing as I took off Travis's palm slippers and replaced it with a pair of purple socks.

Soon, I heard some sniffing from Thelma's corner.

“Thelma what is it?”

“I want to see my daddy” right after, she began sobbing.

Goodness, don't tell me I'll have to deal with this drama tonight, after a long stressful day?.

Soon after, Travis joined her. That's just one crazy thing about these kids…. Immediately one of them cries, the others would join and it's frustrating. Oscar really needs to return before this children drives me insane.

“C'mon guys not tonight please” I pleaded, obviously tired and stressed.

When the doctor had told me I'd be having triplets, I was so happy. But now the twins are no more around, gone for service and Oscar away, I can almost say I'm sad.

These cute looking four years olds are literally driving me crazy, that most times I feel like giving them up for adoption. Puff, I'm kidding though.

“Please stop crying my little treasures. I'd play games with you guys tomorrow and take you out on Sunday if your dad doesn't return” I said, hoping it'll save the situation.

“We saw some Snickers on tiktok. Would you get them for us?” Travis asked while the rest stared at me with hopeful eyes.

I swallowed as I looked at their individual shoe racks, the number of shoes on them that have not been worn are greater than those they've actually put on. God!!!!

Saying no means more tears and saying yes, means silence but then, some money would be spent on something they don't need. What do I do?. My eyes are burning so much.

“We'd talk about this in the morning okay?”

Travis suddenly bursted into tears again. God, who have I offended??. First thing tomorrow morning, I'm sending them to their grandparents… I can't deal with them this weekend, they'd remain there until their father returns.

“Quiet all of you!!”

I almost jumped on Thelma in fear.

I turned quickly to see Oscar standing at the door, with an unimpressed glare directed at the kids.

A feeling of relief suddenly grazed my skin.

“So this is how you guys stress my wife when I'm not around?. My wife! My ever beautiful wife” he said as he looked at me briefly then back at them.

“No daddy, it's Travis, he asked mummy to get us snickers” Thelma replied, pointing accusingly at Travis. But some minutes ago she was on Travis's side, what happened now?.

I couldn't help but laugh as the kids pushed blames on each other, a ghost of a smile appearing on Oscar's face as he winked at me.

“Quiet. Now all of you close your eyes and sleep. No bedtime story for you today. Mummy and daddy need to discuss your punishment in private” he said as he began walking towards me.

I chuckled as the kids obediently closed their eyes. I'm sure they'd be praying he doesn't cancel their outing on Sunday.

Getting to me, he scooped me in his arms and headed out of the room.

“Private punishment discussion indeed” I teased as we got into our room. We got to the bed and he laid me down gently, partly resting on me.

“Of course, a discussion for only mummy and daddy” he replied, inhaling my scent. “You smell so nice baby”.

I chuckled, as he ran his eyes all over my body.

“..... And sexy too, how come I've not seen you in this sexy red ware before?” He asked, as his eyes kept roaming all over my body.

“ I recently got them”

“Them?...... There's more?”

“Yep”

He smiled as he leaned into me and his breath was fanning my face.

“Hmmm, I see”

“What do you see?” I teased.

He chuckled as his left hand slowly began caressing my thighs and it felt so good. Oh, how much I've missed his touch.

I was thinking he's going to kiss me but no, he continued staring into my eyes while his hands did magic to my thighs, slowly it found its way to my honey pot, shifting my panties to a side, he slightly put a finger in and smiled.

“My baby is wet already”, he said in a whisper as his eyes darkened with desire.

In no time, he took his hands out.

“Why?..... I want it in there….” I whined. My breath is increasing. He just knows how to make me feel this way.

He chuckled softly as he placed a soft kiss on my left cheeks, then on my right and then on my lips. The kiss started off slowly then got intense.

For the while we kissed, his hands were handling my breasts…. Then he broke off the kiss and went down to them, sucking on one and handling the other. At this point, it just feels like I'd lose my mind in pleasure. My moans filled the room, thank God he locked the door, Incase of Intruders.

He stopped sucking on the left breast and moved over to the right while his hands found its way down to my honey pot. Just like before, he shifted my pant and put a finger in, fingering me slowly and sucking my sensitive breast, this is bliss. Later on he added another finger and another.

I mentally rolled my eyes to the back of my head as I moaned in pleasure.

He trailed kisses down to my belly button as he pulled off my already soaked pants…

Tonight, we're sure gonna make another set of triplets….. Lol.

The End 🤸🤸🤸!!!!

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 5:19pm On Apr 01
I'm very happy to see that I've actually completed this book and I thank God for it🙏🙏

To my younger sister, Miracle and friend, Jessica..... I say thank you😘.

To Pinkdimples.... Ah, I say a very big thank you. Most times I don't feel like writing, but when I remember you..... I'd shake off the laziness and pick up my phone😹😹. Thanks for your encouragement and for checking up❤️....

And to DemiKol and Bukenke86, thank you ❤️.

And the guys at the beginning who encouraged me to go on..... Thank you ❤️

And to all my readers, (the active and the ghost readers😹😹). I appreciate you all. Thanks for reading, liking and sharing.

Oya byeeeeeeeee😹😹

2 Likes

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by DemiKOL(f): 7:03pm On Apr 01
Op!
Thanks for the update!
More ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by DemiKOL(f): 7:04pm On Apr 01
ZaraIhua:
I'm very happy to see that I've actually completed this book and I thank God for it🙏🙏

To Pinkdimples.... Ah, I say a very big thank you. Most times I don't feel like writing, but when I remember you..... I'd shake off the laziness and pick up my phone😹😹. Thanks for your encouragement and for checking up❤️....

And to all my readers, (the active and the ghost readers😹😹). I appreciate you all. Thanks for reading, liking and sharing.

Oya byeeeeeeeee😹😹

Op!
Where are you going?

We want more!!!!!!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 7:18pm On Apr 01
DemiKOL:

Op!
Where are you going?

We want more!!!!!!!!! grin

😹😹😹

1 Like

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by Pinkdimples: 8:47pm On Apr 01
ZaraIhua:

Oya byeeeeeeeee😹😹
Wow! I'm so proud of you dear. You did so well... Thanks for your time dear

I hope you return soon with another banger #winks

2 Likes

Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 9:07am On Apr 02
DemiKOL:
Op!
Thanks for the update!
More ink to your pen

Thank you🙈🙈
Re: New Story Alert: Lingering Feelings by ZaraIhua(f): 9:09am On Apr 02
Pinkdimples:
Wow! I'm so proud of you dear. You did so well... Thanks for your time dear

I hope you return soon with another banger #winks

I hope so too🤸🤸

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daughters Of Arabia By Jean Sasson / My Little Secret. A Short Romance Story. / The Lust Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.