Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding (24942 Views)

'How Tomato Paste Importers Are Killing Nigerians' - Erisco Foods (2015) / See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. / What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by symbianDON(m): 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2023
GENES11S:

Nigerians and propaganda!

The ingredients of tomato paste are writing on the box/container. You are simply spreading fake news and misinformation.
please post any pack/can of any Nigerian made tomato paste showing the ingredients and proportions and prove me wrong.
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by fineboynl(m): 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2023
GENES11S:

Nigerians and propaganda!

The ingredients of tomato paste are writing on the box/container. You are simply spreading fake news and misinformation.
product from Nigeria are filled with liars. The color and smell will tell you the tomatoes concentration is less than 40%.

Besides 100% tomatoes concentration would be time 5 of original price
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by hahn(m): 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2023
fineboynl:
I have been wondering why does my stew don't turn out well no matter how I tried the reason is that I use too much tomato paste due to due to tomoto cost during buhari administration.

This Xmas I just decide to use full tomotos and eliminates impurities like tomato paste. And the stew turns out great 👍. So it was clear the tomato paste products have been the curprit all those while.

The problem now is that how would one cook a pot full of stew with pure tomatoes on a normal day? now that a painter of tomatoes is above 5k.

Whenever you use tomato paste, make sure you use crayfish. It will help eliminate the bad taste
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by Chochovini: 8:46pm On Dec 28, 2023
killsmith:
Most Nigerian tomato pastes are bland and tasteless.
. Ha! Some moniker sha! Thank God my name is not Smith so you cannot kill me.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by Probz(m): 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2023
victorazy:

I banned my wife from using paste

You sound like a terrible bloke.
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by victorazy(m): 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2023
Probz:

You sound like a terrible bloke.

Yes like ur papa
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by goggle48: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2023
You knw Sabi cook
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by Probz(m): 10:04pm On Dec 28, 2023
victorazy:

Yes like ur papa

Try again.

My friend, if you want tomato paste to be banned, cook the stew yourself.
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by victorazy(m): 7:52am On Dec 29, 2023
Probz:

Try again.

My friend, if you want tomato paste to be banned, cook the stew yourself.

Did I mention your mama kitchen or was I the OP?
Why lashing on me?
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by nkpommpko(m): 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2023
favour32:

The above oils you mentioned,you have got only olive oil as good.Others are seed oils which are not healthy.
Seasoning should be ginger, garlic and other natural ones.
Each of these oils has its own nutritional profile. Olive oil is often considered healthier due to its high monounsaturated fat content, which may have cardiovascular benefits. It also contains antioxidants. Soybean oil is high in polyunsaturated fats but also contains omega-6 fatty acids, which should be balanced with omega-3s for optimal health. Sunflower oil is rich in polyunsaturated fats and vitamin E.

The healthiness depends on your overall diet and health goals. It's advisable to use a variety of oils in moderation for a balanced intake of different fats and nutrients.

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by WhisperedNoise: 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2023
bro4u:
Nairaland civil war.... see deleted comments na
Abeg what did they delete?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Simple, Quick And Delicious Jollof Rice. Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) / Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding / Fried Rice: My Favourite Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.