Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding (24940 Views)

'How Tomato Paste Importers Are Killing Nigerians' - Erisco Foods (2015) / See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. / What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by folake4u(f): 11:41am On Dec 28, 2023
pocohantas, See what you've been saying. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by DangoteIvy: 11:42am On Dec 28, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

I don't even like tomatoes in my stew .. only for Jollof and spaghetti sauce

Bells PEPPERS , ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐ŸŒถ๏ธChilly PEPPERS , Scotch ๐ŸŒถ๏ธbonnet, Onions
Pepper ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿฅถ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿค•Let us people who have Ulcer breef

1 Like

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by GENES11S: 11:42am On Dec 28, 2023
The simple truth be say ...you don't know how to cook.

Someone who know too cook will still use the same paste and it will turn out to be excellent.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by donmik: 11:51am On Dec 28, 2023
Eat natural plants and live long, Nigerians
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by Mekanus(m): 11:51am On Dec 28, 2023
Nicepoker:
Tomatoes is just 40% the binding agent is corn starch. 60%.
I don't think there's even an atom of tomato in those canned nonsense. What they use is just tomato flavour. So saying 40% is giving them undeserved pass mark. People should avoid those packaged chemicals.

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by Acidosis(m): 11:54am On Dec 28, 2023
Tomato paste is good for jollof rice ONLY.

3 Likes

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by 12345baba(m): 11:57am On Dec 28, 2023
fineboynl:
I have been wondering why does my stew don't turn out well no matter how I tried the reason is that I use too much tomato paste due to due to tomoto cost during buhari administration.

This Xmas I just decide to use full tomotos and eliminates impurities like tomato paste. And the stew turns out great ๐Ÿ‘. So it was clear the tomato paste products have been the curprit all those while.

The problem now is that how would one cook a pot full of stew with pure tomatoes on a normal day? now that a painter of tomatoes is above 5k.
so far it's not poisonous dey manage am
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by obrian888: 12:11pm On Dec 28, 2023
YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO COOK, IF YOU SAY TOMATOE PASTE IS NOT HEALTHY, THAT IS THE TRUTH BUT A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THIS, BUT TO SAY IT DOES NOT MAKE STEW SWEET, YOU NOR SABI COOK, IT IS THE SWEETNESS THAT IT ADD TO STEW THAT MAKES A LOT OF PERSONS CONTINUE TO USE IT, IRRESPECTIVE OF ITS HEALTH DANGERS, LAS LAS STEW WITHOUT TOMATOE PASTE IS BETTER, LIKE I SAID BECAUSE OF IT'S HEALTH REASONS.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by Excellentmind: 12:24pm On Dec 28, 2023
fineboynl:
I have been wondering why does my stew don't turn out well no matter how I tried the reason is that I use too much tomato paste due to due to tomoto cost during buhari administration.

This Xmas I just decide to use full tomotos and eliminates impurities like tomato paste. And the stew turns out great ๐Ÿ‘. So it was clear the tomato paste products have been the curprit all those while.

The problem now is that how would one cook a pot full of stew with pure tomatoes on a normal day? now that a painter of tomatoes is above 5k.

Both are required to prepare a delicious stew. Raw must be higher in quantity than the paste. The raw has to dry up before the paste can come in. Better still, get a woman who knows how to use them and learn from her.
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by stanisbaratheon: 12:29pm On Dec 28, 2023
Goalnaldo:
same with me. If I use only the paste, it won't turn out fine 88 percent of the time.

Yeah.
A mix of both gives your stew texture. smiley
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by ColonelMichael: 12:31pm On Dec 28, 2023
fineboynl:

I stopped using that trash paste a long while, if I No see the raw one I will eat beans and I don't even blend it, I cut it with hand.
We should eat natural..

Na my woman I dey warn cos the day I go reject her food cos of that paste she go cry tire.

Try use the raw one for jellof with scent and curry leaf, no forget ginger, garlic, green onions and any of the bell or green pepper and fish and see how you will reach heaven and shake papa Abraham hand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by symbianDON(m): 12:32pm On Dec 28, 2023
GENES11S:
The simple truth be say ...you don't know how to cook.

Someone who know too cook will still use the same paste and it will turn out to be excellent.
incorrect sir. So called tomato pastes sold in Nigeria AREN'T TOMATOES. Just a mixture of corn flour, tomato flavor, coloring etc. If ANY real tomato concentrates are used, it's usually in very negligible amounts. It's almost impossible to make 'great stew' from such stuff sir.

3 Likes

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by pocohantas(f): 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2023
folake4u:
pocohantas, See what you've been saying. cheesy

One day you people would give me my flowers.
๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by newoffer: 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2023
You are from Ife or Ilorin.
Ireportlive:
cool

Bells pepper , Chilly peppers , Scotch bonnet, Onions

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by pocohantas(f): 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2023
fineboynl:

Don't mind the people attacking you. I have been preaching this for years. I don't use it even if I am cooking a drum of stew. I only use it for party jollof. In fact, I hate to see it!!

Balance your fresh tomatoes, tatashe, shombo and scotch bonnets. I will say ratio 8:4:2:x... scotch bonnet (x) to your tolerance level.

The trick to a badass stew is rich stock, onions, garlic, LITTLE ginger, curry and thyme. Majority of Nigerians do not use this in their stew na why e dey be like stew na luck. I haven't made a bad stew in 6 years.

Don't dice/slice your onions, rough blend it with your thyme. Fry first before putting in your tomatoes mix and bay leaf. Allow to fry on low heat until all the water is gone. Put in your meat stock, seasoning and protein. Allow to boil again.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by folake4u(f): 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2023
pocohantas:

One day you people would give me my flowers.
๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Don't worry, I will buy Blue Bunny double strawberry ice cream for you. ๐Ÿคฉ

1 Like

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by jelel6: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2023
For every cooking recipe and method, there's always a champion. Variety is the spice of life.

During my service I shared apartment with a guy from Benue, he cooks stew with ONLY tomatoes paste. He actually doesn't know how to use fresh tomatoes. He was a generally good cook and the stew always turned out very very good. Better than all the others in the lodge who preferred fresh tomatoes.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by nkpommpko(m): 1:24pm On Dec 28, 2023
Buy fresh tomatoes, onions pepper blend all together and boil till water dries up add oil please find good oil, sun flower oil soya oil, or olive oil little seasoning , let it cook. You have a good stew.

3 Likes

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by favour32(m): 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2023
Fresh tomatoes nor get mate.
Packaged tomatoes, na refined product.
Na color,additive,salt,sugar and minute tomatoes.

If you like use package tomatoes, come use deceptive monosodium glutamate to deceive ya brain say your stew dey delicious, na ya organs you dey spoil.

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by favour32(m): 1:42pm On Dec 28, 2023
nkpommpko:
Buy fresh tomatoes, onions pepper blend all together and boil till water dries up add oil please find good oil, sun flower oil soya oil, or olive oil little seasoning , let it cook. You have a good stew.
The above oils you mentioned,you have got only olive oil as good.Others are seed oils which are not healthy.
Seasoning should be ginger, garlic and other natural ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by OvertheTop(m): 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

Bells pepper , Chilly peppers , Scotch bonnet, Onions

If you are a MAN, Or You want your MAN to live Long, You better Start Loving Tomatoes
It is very RICH in LYCOPENE that helps a MAN to prevent Prostrate Cancer.

Embrace Tomatoes with all your Heart! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by kkins25(m): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2023
I use solely tomatoe paste and even powered pepper. But, i add curry, fresh ginger, Fresh onions, Fresh Basil leaves..Well,the protein does add its own flavor to it.. Fresh tomatoes should definitely taste better.. Tomatoes paste is small tomatoes with lots of Fibre..

1 Like

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by Ireportlive: 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2023
OvertheTop:

If you are a MAN, Or You want your MAN to live Long, You better Start Loving Tomatoes
It is very RICH in LYCOPENE that helps a MAN to prevent Prostrate Cancer.

Embrace Tomatoes will all your Heart! grin

Prostatitis is not a joking matter oo, I have a family that is going through it, the diuretic drugs alone cost much.. to pee is a huge problem for him
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by Johnboom: 2:13pm On Dec 28, 2023
pocohantas:

Don't mind the people attacking you. I have been preaching this for years. I don't use it even if I am cooking a drum of stew. I only use it for party jollof. In fact, I hate to see it!!

Balance your fresh tomatoes, tatashe, shombo and scotch bonnets. I will say ratio 8:4:2:x... scotch bonnet (x) to your tolerance level.

The trick to a badass stew is rich stock, onions, garlic and thyme. Majority of Nigerians do not use this in their stew na why e dey be like stew na luck. I haven't made a bad stew in 6 years.

Don't dice/slice your onions, rough blend it with your thyme. Fry first before putting in your tomatoes mix and bay leaf. Allow to fry on low heat until all the water is gone. Put in your meat stock, seasoning and protein. Allow to boil again.
pls could you send me hi on my WhatsApp 08032781837 I need to speak with you. Thanks.
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by OvertheTop(m): 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2023
Ireportlive:

Prostatitis is not a joking matter oo, I have a family that is going through it, the diuretic drugs alone cost much.. to pee is a huge problem for him

so sad...
some have said: taking soursop fruit, Beans and Tomatoes multiple times weekly have made them alot better..
i wish him a speedy Recovery!

1 Like

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by Timeshalltell(m): 2:21pm On Dec 28, 2023
Baba na you nor sabi cook. Sachet tomatoes and raw tomatoes da goes well anyhow for stew.
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by Testimony1988(m): 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2023
Tomatoes is cheap now.
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by stanisbaratheon: 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2023
fineboynl:
the paste is not tomatoes. Whatever they use it have less than 50%.

I don't plan to use it again.

Maybe I will start looking at eliminating it completely from my stew
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by armyofone(m): 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2023
fineboynl:

Buy fresh tomatoes and Tatashe (spelling ?).
Blend and then pour into a clean pot and cook till it becomes pasty.
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by reddingtonblack: 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2023
pocohantas:

The trick to a badass stew is rich stock, onions, garlic, LITTLE ginger, curry and thyme. Majority of Nigerians do not use this in their stew na why e dey be like stew na luck. I haven't made a bad stew in 6 years .

yiimu !! these one naa for mouth she dey endowed, abi no be those same stew you dey post on kitchen thread undecided using iphone effect and sleek plates as cover up undecided undecided

all mouth รท zero male witness you go explain taya
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by mctech(m): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2023
fineboynl:
the paste is not tomatoes. Whatever they use it have less than 50%.

I don't plan to use it again.
It contains corn starch and colourant.
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by GENES11S: 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2023
symbianDON:
incorrect sir. So called tomato pastes sold in Nigeria AREN'T TOMATOES. Just a mixture of corn flour, tomato flavor, coloring etc. If ANY real tomato concentrates are used, it's usually in very negligible amounts. It's almost impossible to make 'great stew' from such stuff sir.

Nigerians and propaganda!

The ingredients of tomato paste are writing on the box/container. You are simply spreading fake news and misinformation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Simple, Quick And Delicious Jollof Rice. Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) / Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding / Fried Rice: My Favourite Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.