Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu (9968 Views)

Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing / I Saw This On Twitter,is Lagos Still Like This / Adeseye Ogunlewe: South-West Can Give Tinubu 20 Million Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by joyandfaith: 1:47pm On Dec 28, 2023
richeeyo:

Werey is pained, don't you people have port and airport
Or obi no draw plan

Mentally deranged persons see everybody with contrary views as igbos. May you be healed. !!!
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by joyandfaith: 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2023
jogojogo:

Lame excuse
Was Calabar not a capital?
Even Abuja still lags the viability of Lagos

Mentally deranged persons see everybody with contrary views as igbos. May you be healed. !!!
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by john650(m): 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2023
adedayoa2:
The People living in Lagos keep increasing everyday, will the template of 20 years ago still work for Lagos?
Everything has changed in the last 20 years and this fool is still working on someone else's template. Why did he run for Governorship if all he came to do is answer to another man?
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by Smoothwave: 1:49pm On Dec 28, 2023
harsysky:

E pain this anuohia, onye ihuriho. Nna gi, onye iberibe!

Any mpama. .. onye nzuzu.... Oturu gbagbuogi there..... Cry go your forest in imo...

Amu njiji...
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by Elineska: 1:53pm On Dec 28, 2023
Larryndelaw:
Where is the one that your Pathetic China man left in Anambra. Had it been Every state was run the way Lagos was been run , Nigeria would have grown faster.
Pls leave me outta ya Igbo/Yoruba, South East/South West Tribal and regional squabbles. I am neither from Anambra or the East. Jagabans political and financial stranglehold on Lagos is well known to every Nigerian from Sokoto to Bayelsa that follows events in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by harsysky(m): 1:55pm On Dec 28, 2023
Smoothwave:

Any mpama. .. onye nzuzu.... Oturu gbagbuogi there..... Cry go your forest in imo...

Amu njiji...

I know anumanu like you didn't play so well while you were growing hence your happiness in throwing out these words. I would have continued, mpa umuaka but I'm at work. When I'm done, I will call my 2 yrs son to play with you. Biko zuzuru gbafuo.
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by shaqhead: 2:12pm On Dec 28, 2023
adedayoa2:
The People living in Lagos keep increasing everyday, will the template of 20 years ago still work for Lagos?
There's a reason why it is called "Template"...it can be tweaked to fit present realities but takes a visionary to set a working template and that's why Tinubu keeps getting accolades from his successors.
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by Bluntemperor: 2:27pm On Dec 28, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Mr President needs to be hearing the true current state of affairs of the common man on the street, not all these praise-singing that will make him lose touch with reality on ground.

Attention President Tinubu:
On the Economy -Only The TRUTH:
1.Did you call those Companies that are leaving Nigeria,to find our details on why ?
2.Why should they leaves Nigeria and choose the Neighboring Country, especially Ghana- to establish their presence?
3.If Nigeria do have Ministers eg( Industry, Employments, Youths) ALL these ought to have given you Feedbacks on the Reasons why they are leaving!
4.From our own investigation - as an Economist,Not Politician- as many are closing their books on the Stock Exchanges - they said:
i•Nigerian Govt is not making economic environment suitable!
ii• that Taxes are collected by both the States Govt and Federal government - that this is not done like that in places like Ghana,hence they are at peace there! So,why not here in Nigeria?
iii•Do you know Sir, that each time a business closed in Nigeria,is an Employments somewhere else- especially,our Neighboring Country like Ghana!
What are these Countries doing that is different from ours?
iv• One very disheartening thing these Businesses mentioned is that DISCOS have never improve,hence they are burning Diesel to generate Lights or Power! Can we generate Industrialization by usage of generators?
•When would Nigeria have stable - Power?
5• Are you not concerned about Nigerian Youths not gainfully employed and why are your Ministers - Power, Industry, Youth and Employments not concerned and hold Serious Meetings with all these Organisations and calm them down,with assurances and all these Ministries ( power, industry etc) hold their own Inter- organisation meeting,to get Nigeria moving, instead of loosing thousands of Jobs to order Countries?
6• Finally,these Countries - whose Population is not up to Lagos State and another State Combined - will be Exporting their Products - back to Nigeria - for us to buy! Is that good enough for Nigeria Market?
Mr President,do something urgently!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by babeface3: 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Lagos still working with Tinubu’s 20-year blueprint – Sanwo-Olu
28th December 2023

By Samuel Bolaji

The Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Wednesday, praised President Bola Tinubu for creating “the origin of modern Lagos,” adding that to date, the state is still running on the developmental ‘blueprint’ that Tinubu designed about 20 years ago.

Sanwo-Olu, who made the declaration when he played host to the President at the Lagos House, Marina, on Wednesday, also thanked Tinubu for accepting to represent Lagos at the federal level.

“We want to thank you for your leadership. We want to thank you for the origin of modern Lagos that you created and started for us. But more importantly, we want to thank you that you accepted to go (and) represent Lagos at the federal level.

“I want to thank you because indeed you have continued to do this state proud as an indigene, as a son of the state.”

While appreciating the President for providing leadership for the State Executive Council, the governor stressed that his administration was building on the legacy established by Tinubu.

He said, “Let me thank you on behalf of the 43 members of the State Executive Council for shaping us, for working with us, for directing us, and for always ensuring that that legacy, that blueprint that you worked on, that I was privileged to have worked on with you over 20 years ago, that is still a living document that we’re working with. It’s still a life document that will continue to ventilate and speak to and realise the yearnings of Lagosians.

“Just to mention, early this month, one of your setups at that time, LAMATA, was 20 years old on the 5th of December. This was a creation of yours 20 years ago.

“LAMATA has moved beyond just being a Lagos story. It has moved beyond an African story. LAMATA is a worldwide story. LAMATA is now referenced as one of the foremost transportation, and urban transportation infrastructures in the world.”

“I want to thank you for your leadership because we still have the working document that you have bequeathed to us,” he added.

In his response, Tinubu thanked the governor and his deputy, Dr Obafemi Hamzat, “for holding the fort strongly and committing yourself to the value that you cherish together.”

He added, “Lagos was not easy for many of you, but you went through it and today, Lagos State is the most viable state in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

https://punchng.com/lagos-still-working-with-tinubus-20-year-blueprint-sanwo-olu/

Charlatan, Blackman
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by GanagiBitrus: 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Attention President Tinubu:
On the Economy -Only The TRUTH:
1.Did you call those Companies that are leaving Nigeria,to find our details on why ?
2.Why should they leaves Nigeria and choose the Neighboring Country, especially Ghana- to establish their presence?
3.If Nigeria do have Ministers eg( Industry, Employments, Youths) ALL these ought to have given you Feedbacks on the Reasons why they are leaving!
4.From our own investigation - as an Economist,Not Politician- as many are closing their books on the Stock Exchanges - they said:
i•Nigerian Govt is not making economic environment suitable!
ii• that Taxes are collected by both the States Govt and Federal government - that this is not done like that in places like Ghana,hence they are at peace there! So,why not here in Nigeria?
iii•Do you know Sir, that each time a business closed in Nigeria,is an Employments somewhere else- especially,our Neighboring Country like Ghana!
What are these Countries doing that is different from ours?
iv• One very disheartening thing these Businesses mentioned is that DISCOS have never improve,hence they are burning Diesel to generate Lights or Power! Can we generate Industrialization by usage of generators?
•When would Nigeria have stable - Power?
5• Are you not concerned about Nigerian Youths not gainfully employed and why are your Ministers - Power, Industry, Youth and Employments not concerned and hold Serious Meetings with all these Organisations and calm them down,with assurances and all these Ministries ( power, industry etc) hold their own Inter- organisation meeting,to get Nigeria moving, instead of loosing thousands of Jobs to order Countries?
6• Finally,these Countries - whose Population is not up to Lagos State and another State Combined - will be Exporting their Products - back to Nigeria - for us to buy! Is that good enough for Nigeria Market?
Mr President,do something urgently!
👍👏
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by adedayoa2(f): 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2023
john650:

Everything has changed in the last 20 years and this fool is still working on someone else's template. Why did he run for Governorship if all he came to do is answer to another man?
Continuity
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by richeeyo(m): 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2023
joyandfaith:

You crying like that's what developed Lagos,
Go to east where your governors are sharing kerosene

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by joyandfaith: 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2023
richeeyo:

You crying like that's what developed Lagos,
Go to east where your governors are sharing kerosene
Makinde my governor doesn't share kerosene. May you be healed. Mentally deranged persons see everybody with contrary views as igbos. Wish you healing from your lunatic thinking.
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by richeeyo(m): 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2023
joyandfaith:

Makinde my governor doesn't share kerosene. May you be healed. Mentally deranged persons see everybody with contrary views as igbos. Wish you healing from your lunatic thinking.
Ogbeni
Shift
Solo makinde ni
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by Okoroawusa: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2023
I Love Lagos
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by joyandfaith: 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2023
richeeyo:

Ogbeni
Shift
Solo makinde ni

Opolo re ti jo ba.
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by Paramount01(m): 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2023
Bobloco:

He stole so much. Every Christmas, Lagosians line up at his burdillon mansion to collect crumbs

He stills and Lagos still look better than any state you want to mentioned in the country
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by Bobloco: 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2023
Paramount01:

He stills and Lagos still look better than any state you want to mentioned in the country

Lagos was the Federal capital Territory up until 1991
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by oluwole70525: 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2023
This guy too good abeg, thanks for sharing This guy too good abeg, thanks for sharing ...
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by chopnaira: 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2023
adedayoa2:
imagine if they don't keep jumping on those night buses. Lagos GDP per capita would have been the best in West if not the entire Africa.
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by chopnaira: 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2023
Benwallt:
Every other governors just rule, steal n move on. They never set any standard. Tinubu is a rare breed. Without him, Lagos would have been the worst place on the planet. Thank you jagaban. A particular governor ruled for 8 years in this country and what he left behind was a beer factory. God forbid bad thing
👍👍👍
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by adedayoa2(f): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2023
chopnaira:
imagine if they don't keep jumping on those night buses. Lagos GDP per capita would have been the best in West if not the entire Africa.
true o
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by akpumping7720(m): 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:
No wonder the state is in tatters ..I drove to Ajah sango Itedo yesterday and it was a horrible experience, I don't think I will go that route again till I confirm the road is fixed...when I say it was horrible I mean it was so horrible I almost threw up
Agba lier..... Well done ooooo. The same Sangotedo road that is under construction. And do you know that the road is a federal road ? Yet Lagos state is doing the reconstruction.
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by SalamRushdie: 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2023
akpumping7720:

Agba lier..... Well done ooooo. The same Sangotedo road that is under construction. And do you know that the road is a federal road ? Yet Lagos state is doing the reconstruction.

If that road is okay to you then I pity U...on my return u met a short stretch of about 1.5 kms that has been casted as concrete road ...the road is really horrible
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by Paramount01(m): 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2023
Bobloco:

Lagos was the Federal capital Territory up until 1991

From where till when?
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by Bobloco: 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2023
Paramount01:

From where till when?

Googu eet
grin
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by Paramount01(m): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2023
Bobloco:

Googu eet
grin

I know you don't know that is why I ask, Do history you will see history is hard, now you mention Lagos was federal capital till 1991 I now ask from when till December 12, 1991

Then where was the fedral CAPITAL before Lagos, why was it not developed like Lagos, they have what you think makes Lagos developed today, Infact it was the capital of the southernal region before Amalgamation.
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by akpumping7720(m): 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

If that road is okay to you then I pity U...on my return u met a short stretch of about 1.5 kms that has been casted as concrete road ...the road is really horrible
Is everything ok with you bro? Which one concerns pity in our conversation. Road is under construction and you said if the road is okay to me, you pity me. Do you expect road under construction to be in good shape cos I don't understand. The road was formerly asphalt before reconstructing into concrete. And I believe the construction company have their reasons for casting the road in batches.
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by akpumping7720(m): 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2023
john650:

So with all the money your parents spent, you still don't know the meaning of template? So template can't be modified? You can't value what you don't have.
Show us the condition of your state that doesn't answer to any man. Iran yin ONKR

1 Like

Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by Stanislause94: 8:06pm On Dec 28, 2023
keeper303:

So was Calabar!! What is the status of Calabar now, compared to Lagos?
for how many years was calabar capital?
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by akpumping7720(m): 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2023
Bobloco:

He stole so much. Every Christmas, Lagosians line up at his burdillon mansion to collect crumbs
Compare the development of your state to that of Lagos. Since your state governor doesn't steal. Afofungbemu
Re: Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu by akpumping7720(m): 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2023
siant:
If Lagos was not easy for the like of tinubu, who then was it easy for?
Lateef Jakande still remains the best governor Lagos ever had
Bad belle. Dey play!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Bans Hawking By Children During School Hours / Benue Assembly: Impeached Speaker Insists He’s In Office, APC Reacts / Atiku On The Reported Registration Of New Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.