Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,973 members, 7,828,441 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling (38766 Views)

If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. / Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus / 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by Tetraozonaitera: 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2023
millionboi2:
you just lied

Okay. Thanks
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by error4040: 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2023
millionboi2:
you just lied
grin grin grin

Bro like the false information passed on by Nigerians just to prevent others from trying to see the world is just alarming!

Which one be some were deported without reason. How is that even normal to hear not to talk of saying it.

Even from me writing it sef sounds childish and funny grin
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by kunle75(m): 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2023
sconp:

Can you pls document your experience

It's a long story bro, I once told it here but not a dedicated thread,I just narrated it under someone's thread.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by koboko69: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2023
error4040:

Lmfao see your life
We de talk about browsing history And you are diverting to lie on application
Abegi
From your quote, Then they should all be deported simpl3 as that but you guys should just dont come here and start spreading arrant whatever excuse just so others wont also travel the world na.

Nawa!

Oga leave your browsing history if u ever get visa. I nor dey follow you drag. Una wey never reach anywhere before go dey argue like mumu. Youtube dey there, watch border security or airport security. Your eyes go open.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by Tetraozonaitera: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2023
noobody:

They don't do it for everyone
They select passengers at random,
Sometimes,most passengers are always anxious,paranoid and the likes,
You would be excused and a proper search would be done on you.
You are entering another man's country ,they have to the right to protect them selves in how ever way they deem fit,so it it involves invading your privacy,they would do it

In the case of the person in question, he entered US through another state different from what he said before the interviewer. I think that brought the suspicion.
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by error4040: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2023
Tetraozonaitera:

Okay. Authority has spoken.
I salute sir.
Theirs no need of Salute.
If your papers/application are intact And your intentions and answers were straight arrow. No one in this world would deport you without a reason
So you guys should stop advocating false information.
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by Urukpe: 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2023
error4040:

All this one na BS.

Shey if i buy new Tecno torch light put sim everything don END

Yes. They can't profile you with your phone details with that. They have to look somewhere else for profiling.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by error4040: 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2023
Tetraozonaitera:

In the case of the person in question, he entered US through another state different from what he said before the interviewer. I think that brought the suspicion.
Smh
Okay so now you guys are coming out clean with the main source of him coming down there
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by error4040: 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2023
Urukpe:

Yes. They can't profile you with your phone details with that. They have to look somewhere else for profiling.
Then case closed!

No more adjournment
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by error4040: 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2023
koboko69:

Oga leave your browsing history if u ever get visa. I nor dey follow you drag. Una wey never reach anywhere before go dey argue like mumu. Youtube dey there, watch border security or airport security. Your eyes go open.

We never reach anywhere no mean say una go de lie give us na.

If my application on coming there are straight as an arrow nothing go lead to Browser History. Even if it do lead to that i can answer whatever they want on all my history.
So cut us some slack
Nawa grin
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by Swiftgrp: 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2023
Tetraozonaitera:

God bless you. Someone said it can't happen. Just imagine!
Lol
Here's more EVIDENCE from 2012 of U.S. port of entry denial for tweets flagged down and deemed a security risk to the U.S. .
=>https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2093796/Emily-Bunting-Leigh-Van-Bryan-UK-tourists-arrested-destroy-America-Twitter-jokes.html

=>https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2012/01/30/146092724/lost-in-translation-because-of-twitter-joke-brits-denied-entry-to-u-s

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by spiSeyi: 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2023
koboko69:

Dey play? Privacy for Port of Entery? I laugh in Arabic...
So cos firearms is legal, a visitor from a country with terrorist activities will be overlooked. Dey play o. Nor take to advice
Abegi 3 of my cousins and some of my colleagues at office jakpa to the US this year and I never heard such from them. Op is just dey mule, the security will check your luggage, traveling documents, and travelling itineraries and not your phones it's either OP friend is a crime suspect or OP is lying. I don't know of other countries but the US is a NO
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by error4040: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2023
spiSeyi:

Abegi 3 of my cousins and some of my colleagues at office jakpa to the US this year and I never heard such from them. Op is just dey mule, the security will check your luggage, traveling documents, and travelling itineraries and not your phones it's either OP friend is a crime suspect or OP is lying. I don't know of other countries but the US is a NO

The story no straight
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by Tetraozonaitera: 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2023
error4040:

Theirs no need of Salute.
If your papers/application are intact And your intentions and answers were straight arrow. No one in this world would deport you without a reason
So you guys should stop advocating false information.

Oga. Check my main post I said a colleague. We are in the same trade. Working on the same Sculpture we needed the pictures for.
If not being careful of revealing ones identity on a forum as this, I've got the pics of the said project.
But I won't post any.
You are free to believe what you want.

He applied for visa on the basis of going for an art festival in a state already claiming he has no family in the US. My guy entered through another State. That was the first red flag. Before Searching his phone and seeing the browsing record.

Oga believing or not believing does not add to or remove from helping intending travelers with the little info. at my disposal.

Have a good day

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by koboko69: 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2023
error4040:

We never reach anywhere no mean say una go de lie give us na.

If my application on coming there are straight as an arrow nothing go lead to Browser History. Even if it do lead to that i can answer whatever they want on all my history.
So cut us some slack
Nawa grin

Help yourself.
I am done with you. Good luck!
https://myorlandoimmigrationlawyer.com/3-ways-to-prepare-for-a-cellphone-search-when-entering-the-u-s/#:~:text=Cellphone%20Searches%20%7C%20Digital%20Privacy%20%7C%20US,cellphones%2C%20laptop%20computers%2C%20and%20tablets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by error4040: 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2023
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by error4040: 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2023
Tetraozonaitera:

Oga. Check my main post I said a colleague. We are in the same trade. Working on the same Sculpture we needed the pictures for.
If not being careful of revealing ones identity on a forum as this, I've got the pics of the said project.
But I won't post any.
You are free to believe what you want.

He applied for visa on the basis of going for an art festival in a state already claiming he has no family in the US. My guy entered through another State. That was the first red flag. Before Searching his phone and seeing the browsing record.

Oga believing or not believing does not add to or remove from helping intending travelers with the little info. at my disposal.

Have a good day
LoL
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by koboko69: 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2023
spiSeyi:

Guy, why are u this dull? Do u know how many peope travel daily into the united states. U think they will check each and everyone's phone. Pray you are not flagged for secondary inspection. Better prepared for unseen circumstances than be sorry later with I thy known. Help your self oo. Many people do i too know like you. Or just ignore and dem meet themselves back for 9ja.
https://myorlandoimmigrationlawyer.com/3-ways-to-prepare-for-a-cellphone-search-when-entering-the-u-s/#:~:text=Cellphone%20Searches%20%7C%20Digital%20Privacy%20%7C%20US,cellphones%2C%20laptop%20computers%2C%20and%20tablets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by koboko69: 4:33pm On Dec 28, 2023
error4040:

The story no straight

Guy dey flag people randomly. U dont even have to be a suspect for anything. They pick people randomly from the line sometimes for secondary check. Stop fooling yourself, wey u never go anywhere. Go you tube, video full there of border security and port of enter security.
I was pulled from the line randomly in Chicago, and they used a dog to sniff me, rubbed some kind of wipes on my shoes soles and my hands, ran a quick test and let me go. I was with members of my family and I was the only one pulled

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by noobody(m): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2023
Tetraozonaitera:

There are also some POE's known for such,
In most cases you find experienced people landing in another POE then taking the train or cab to there final destination.
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by Tetraozonaitera: 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2023
noobody:

There are also some POE's known for such,
In most cases you find experienced people landing in another POE then taking the train or cab to there final destination.

Well, I think you are right.
Somehow the green passport always singles you out for unnecessary suspicion.
The issue happened in 2015
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by rhames(m): 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2023
Tetraozonaitera:
I just remembered what a younger colleague of mine in the US told me.
When he was traveling to the US years back, he was delayed at the airport by US immigration.
They were interrogating him and some others.
For more than one hour he was delayed. The person waiting to pick him up was worried too as she waited.

He said, one of the interrogating officers asked for his phone and he instantly gave it to him.
He said the first place the guy went to was his browsing history.

"Why did you have to Google AK/47?" The guy asked.

He said when he heard the question he smiled and the guy was surprised.

"Can you answer the question please?" The guy said.

"Can I have my phone back so I can show you why sir?" My guy replied.

The officer handed the phone back to him and my guy went into his picture folder and showed him some photos of himself at work.
He is an artist and shortly before the time of traveling, he was handling a sculpture project of a Soldier. So, he needed the picture references of AK/47 to get a perfect job.

The officer looked at him and got convinced.

He said, some of the other guys were taken to the room for deportation. Some of them were Nigerians and they were already crying.
My guy was freed and he has since been living there.

Be careful of browsing history when traveling.
The devil can use anything to kill someone's joy.

I buy a new phone whenever I am going outside Nigeria. I don't want stress of this immigration people.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by Bashtundex(m): 4:38pm On Dec 28, 2023
Better still, while browsing, you can switch to incognito browsing instead of the normal browsing. Incognito browsing will not show any history.
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by Tetraozonaitera: 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2023
koboko69:

Guy, why are u this dull? Do u know how many peope travel daily into the united states. U think they will check each and everyone's phone. Pray you are not flagged for secondary inspection. Better prepared for unseen circumstances than be sorry later with I thy known. Help your self oo. Many people do i too know like you. Or just ignore and dem meet themselves back for 9ja.

God bless

Lecture Dem o.
Many are like stubborn flies grin
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by spiSeyi: 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2023
koboko69:

See this mumu, I don't need to argue with your type that his only source of authenticity is from random articles grin
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by Tetraozonaitera: 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by Tetraozonaitera: 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2023
kunle75:

Same happens to me in 2017 at Houston w bush airport, it wasn't funny at all.

God bless you.
Some Ignoramus say all na lie.
Nairaland is place of fun Sha.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by koboko69: 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2023
spiSeyi:

See this mumu, I don't need to argue with your type that his only source of authenticity is from random articles grin

Random articles? Hahahahahaha.
Be like u nor go ever get money travel, u want make other people travel make dem send them back. Bad belle like you. If i get visa tmr,i sure say i go clear your phone. Hahahahaha
He call US immigration lawyer article random, and get google for phone. Even AI apps go tell u the same thing. Dey there deu fool yourself

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by kunle75(m): 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2023
Tetraozonaitera:

God bless you.
Some Ignoramus say all na lie.
Nairaland is place of fun Sha.

Most of them haven't really traveled with Nigerian passport thats why

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by Tetraozonaitera: 5:14pm On Dec 28, 2023
error4040:
Oga liviing in the USA for some years.

Abegi make we hear word, so you wrote those pile only to end up with the above ?
He was asked a simple question and He lied, yet ypu expect them to free him.

Neeeeegga Please.

Guy you be confirmed Mumu.

You never stepped outside Naija and you keep arguing with someone traveling constantly.
Many of you guys are not smarter than the inmates of ARO.
Like seriously.

Disabling the quoting strategy has revealed that you are one of the trolling kids on the platform.
Your mum is calling you to come and wash plates at the backyard.
Run quickly.
Re: Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling by timilehin007(m): 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2023
MIGHTYMAN82:
omoh una many here no be lai
my brother if dey search my instagram and YouTube dey denial straight cuz dey go feel say I be threat to their women, especially the ones with big assets both front and back. Aside that, I don’t search for some weird and scary stuffs with chrome, dey fit arrest me and throw me behind bars sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Shedrack Bako, 4 Others Drown As Boat Capsizes In Taraba / Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) / Checkout 21 Awkward Looking Motorbikes Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.