Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 (24795 Views)

In-depth Analysis: The Science Behind Glock 19X And Glock 31 / Glock 44 For Sale Vs. Glock 19X For Sale: Which Handgun Is Right For You? / What Special In Glock Lower And Upper Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Westman001: 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2023
Mikespecialone:
He lived by the gun and did not die by the gun

Ode cheesy cheesy

Ode boy
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by APOPTOSIS: 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2023
Totilopussylick:
tongue

The man responsible for millions of deaths around the world
What about the statistics of those he saved?
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Spandau: 6:27pm On Dec 28, 2023
We4all:
The killer weapon.

All weapons kill, Oga. All guns kill. E je ka gboran.
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Spandau: 6:30pm On Dec 28, 2023
phransix2:
Many have lost their lives due to his invention.

And many lives were saved too. You can't blame Gaston for irresponsible use of firearm by people, same way you can't blame the makers of sniper because people are committing suicide with it. Kapische?

1 Like

Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Spandau: 6:31pm On Dec 28, 2023
Pootle:

you jus as surprised as i am

When you won't do research
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Pootle: 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2023
Spandau:

When you won't do research

meaning
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by 18wheeler: 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Remainds me of 2pac song "hit em up" grin

Grab your Glocks when you see 2pac...
call the Cops when you see... 2pac..

Modified. grin

Freeway by Flipside “… my Glock carries heavy rounds, Mag carries heavy rounds, back in my Chevy truck….”
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2023
Vinnie2000:

No allow By-gones be By-gones, Abegi Buy Gun- Erigga. smiley cheesy

Loooooooooooooooooooooooool, Erigga dey craze

1 Like

Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Fizalis(m): 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2023
Your remark is Off the tangent!

Living by the gun isn't same as inventing a particular brand of handgun!

This man never killed anyone with a gun so?
Mikespecialone:
He lived by the gun and did not die by the gun
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Hezzyluv: 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2023
18wheeler:

Freeway by Flipside “… my Glock carries heavy rounds, Mag carries heavy rounds, back in my Chevy truck….”

Damn... grin

1 Like

Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Hezzyluv: 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2023
McStoic:

Who shot me but you punks didn't finish.. grin

Your head dey there grin
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Bicy: 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2023
Bloody Glock 40 to protect myself...Rick Ross
Mikespecialone:

Call the cops when you see 2pac, uh
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by ConfidentialDoc: 7:09pm On Dec 28, 2023
This man's gun is depopulating young blacks in Chicago and Compton till date
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Shakathezulu1: 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2023
NoSmoking:
Maybe I have a Glock

🤕
Report your location.
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by NoSmoking: 7:30pm On Dec 28, 2023
Shakathezulu1:

Report your location.

Just maybe

🦩
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Shakathezulu1: 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2023
NoSmoking:

Maybe if u show up

I will Glock u down

Just maybe

🦩
All this explanation no necessary.
Report your location.
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Queengee: 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2023
KingTom:

Big Poppa smash fools, bash fools
Niggas mad because I know that cash rules
Everything around me two Glock 9's
Any motherfucker whispering about mines

grin

and am Brooklyn finest biggie Wallace bad boiz rewind this

evergreen songs

1 Like

Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by NoSmoking: 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2023
Shakathezulu1:

All this explanation no necessary.
Report your location.

U mean my Glockation?

🦨
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Shakathezulu1: 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2023
NoSmoking:

U mean my Glockation?

🦨
Yea.
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by NoSmoking: 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2023
Shakathezulu1:

Yea.

Find me
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by We4all: 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2023
Spandau:

All weapons kill, Oga. All guns kill. E je ka gboran.

Ogbeni, did I say otherwise?
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by nedekid: 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2023
Rizla2024:

na me go happy pass if dem legally guns, who they come they fear who they go they fear
Omo, years back, one my guy weh be officer weh retire early. Him moto get flat for night around that orile side for midnight . Him come down to try change tyre, na so 2 urchins block am to optain.
Before you know, then don tear am slap show am knife. Bros do like say him one commot wallet. Na so him display iron for them. Lol
Them change tyre for am, make sure moto tanda wella.
Bros say make them de go, as they turn him "flog" them one one for yash as takeaway, come drop him complimentry card so when ake show them go know say na him sign signature onto their ass. Lol

1 Like

Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by PoloG: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2023
The gun that i will use to kill any osu that crosses my lane
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Pastoshizzy(m): 8:26pm On Dec 28, 2023
Johntimo1:

even your papa Dey fear them
...was sympathetic. We are not haters. We tolerate. By the way I thought your kinfolks was starving and had to surrender.
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Pastoshizzy(m): 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2023
Johntimo1:

Unfortunately for even your papa Dey fear them
My father was sympathetic to a starving rag tag army that was forced to surrender. I can't even feel offended you mentioned my father (a fine gentleman). My father made us realize that there would be people like you. I sympathize with you.

1 Like

Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by goggle48: 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2023
I have a clock.i dey wear my own for left hands also. grin grin
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by rowland545(m): 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
post=127665784:
From all of us at MANNA : May his wonderful Soul Rest in Perfect peace.

He was a good man.

He lived a good life.
u still day alive?
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by merits(m): 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2023
Mikespecialone:
Gaston Glock, the Austrian engineer who transformed from crafting curtain rods to pioneering the production of globally renowned handguns, passed away on Wednesday at the age of 94.

Glock Inc. confirmed the demise of its founder on the company’s website, providing no specific cause of death.

The website featured a solemn tribute, “In Memoriam Gaston Glock 07/19/1929 – 12/27/2023,” accompanied by a photo of Glock in a dark suit and maroon tie, standing with crossed arms against a black backdrop.

The company also acknowledged Glock’s impact, stating that he not only revolutionised the small arms industry in the 1980s but also established the Glock brand as the outstanding leader in the global handgun industry.

The Glock pistol, favoured by law enforcement agencies, made its mark in blockbuster movies like “Die Hard 2” and “U.S. Marshals,” and found mention in numerous rap songs, including Wu-Tang Clan’s “Da Glock.”

Born in Vienna, Austria, in 1929, Glock’s company initially supplied knives and bayonets to the Austrian Army in the 1970s. In 1980, he discovered the army’s requirement for a new handgun.

Despite not personally owning a handgun, Glock gathered experts to assist in creating the “pistol of the future.” During the project, he underwent training on handguns and test-fired prototypes with his left hand, ensuring the continuity of his design work in case of accidents.

The outcome was the Glock 17, a groundbreaking semi-automatic handgun crafted from industrial plastic or polymer, featuring a magazine capacity of 17 rounds and an additional round in the chamber.

The Austrian Army adopted the Glock as its new service pistol in 1983, and the Norwegian Army followed suit the next year, designating it as their standard sidearm.

Glock’s influence extended to the United States, where the company established its headquarters in Smyrna, Georgia, in 1985.

It claimed that over 65% of U.S. federal, state, and local agencies have been equipped with Glock pistols.

https://punchng.com/glock-founder-gaston-glock-dies-at-94/

My best weapon so far,I fired this Glock tire in Hoespruit shooting classification range back the then.Miss you Glock RIP.

1 Like

Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by bluefilm: 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Na the way I dey sign my own be that oo grin

Sign abi sing?

Guy na wa for you oooo
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Rizla2024: 11:37pm On Dec 28, 2023
Pointnoire:
Very sad they make good firearms I own two of his designs G23 and G17

how you take get am? I am interested in having at least one G-17, you they nigeria? And you join any enforcement agency because i know say nigeria nor they give citizens gun na why i never get be that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Cannt Laugh .vol 2 / Photo: Mamman Kontagora House On Fire? / Stella and Jet creams.....Did U?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.