Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,789 members, 7,813,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 (24797 Views)

In-depth Analysis: The Science Behind Glock 19X And Glock 31 / Glock 44 For Sale Vs. Glock 19X For Sale: Which Handgun Is Right For You? / What Special In Glock Lower And Upper Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Hezzyluv: 12:55am On Dec 29, 2023
bluefilm:

Sign abi sing?

Guy na wa for you oooo

Na the way I dey tyep my own be dat 😂

Ibeg, make I sedn my aza make you breath insied make I use buy anoda fone?

This one dey fall my hadn cheesy
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by FireUpNow(m): 1:35am On Dec 29, 2023
He created death too

1 Like

Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Pastoshizzy(m): 2:47am On Dec 29, 2023
Johntimo1:

Unfortunately for even your papa Dey fear them
Since you mentioned it, my father taught me to love and tolerate people. In the face of starvation, your kinfolks surrendered (which is the appropriate thing to do at that time) to a government that had them at the jugular (mass starvation). If that ragtag army had the likes of that inventor you of all people will be drinking palm wine from your perceived enemy's skulls.
I forgive you outrightly.
You wey think say dem fear you (lol).

Which brings me back to the memory of a good friend of mine back in days who people feared had tensile steel bones so he could beat anybody from other region of the country. The day we hit this guy up, we didn't need Glocks to hit him up...na serious brushing we give am. The strong bones fallacy was just so we could back off. You remind me of that dude.
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Pointnoire(m): 6:10am On Dec 29, 2023
Go for the G23, G-17 is hard to conceal as it’s a bit bulky although it packs a punch, mine is more for target shooting
Rizla2024:

how you take get am? I am interested in having at least one G-17, you they nigeria? And you join any enforcement agency because i know say nigeria nor they give citizens gun na why i never get be that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by azpekuliar: 6:22am On Dec 29, 2023
Totilopussylick:
tongue

The man responsible for millions of deaths around the world

Then the AK-47 inventor would be responsible for the deaths of how many? Hundreds of millions? Billions potentially?

1 Like

Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:32am On Dec 29, 2023
He made gun yet lived almost 100years,veryvstrange angry LIKE BMX OF BLESSED MEMORY SAID"GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE.
PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE" ,
A GUN CAN BE IN SAFETY BOX FOR CENTURIES, IF A HUMAN DOESNT TOUCH IT. sad

2 Likes

Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by blingxx(m): 7:02am On Dec 29, 2023
Mikespecialone:

Nope not atall but 65% of Americans uses Glock Guns

E no go pass thugs and few police grin... Especially pple living in Chicago and texas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Mikespecialone(m): 7:10am On Dec 29, 2023
blingxx:

E no go pass thugs and few police grin... Especially pple living in Chicago and texas

Responsible civilians Dey carry gun too
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by XAUBulls: 9:10am On Dec 29, 2023
Mikespecialone:
Gaston Glock, the Austrian engineer who transformed from crafting curtain rods to pioneering the production of globally renowned handguns, passed away on Wednesday at the age of 94.

Glock Inc. confirmed the demise of its founder on the company’s website, providing no specific cause of death.

The website featured a solemn tribute, “In Memoriam Gaston Glock 07/19/1929 – 12/27/2023,” accompanied by a photo of Glock in a dark suit and maroon tie, standing with crossed arms against a black backdrop.

The company also acknowledged Glock’s impact, stating that he not only revolutionised the small arms industry in the 1980s but also established the Glock brand as the outstanding leader in the global handgun industry.

The Glock pistol, favoured by law enforcement agencies, made its mark in blockbuster movies like “Die Hard 2” and “U.S. Marshals,” and found mention in numerous rap songs, including Wu-Tang Clan’s “Da Glock.”

Born in Vienna, Austria, in 1929, Glock’s company initially supplied knives and bayonets to the Austrian Army in the 1970s. In 1980, he discovered the army’s requirement for a new handgun.

Despite not personally owning a handgun, Glock gathered experts to assist in creating the “pistol of the future.” During the project, he underwent training on handguns and test-fired prototypes with his left hand, ensuring the continuity of his design work in case of accidents.

The outcome was the Glock 17, a groundbreaking semi-automatic handgun crafted from industrial plastic or polymer, featuring a magazine capacity of 17 rounds and an additional round in the chamber.

The Austrian Army adopted the Glock as its new service pistol in 1983, and the Norwegian Army followed suit the next year, designating it as their standard sidearm.

Glock’s influence extended to the United States, where the company established its headquarters in Smyrna, Georgia, in 1985.

It claimed that over 65% of U.S. federal, state, and local agencies have been equipped with Glock pistols.

https://punchng.com/glock-founder-gaston-glock-dies-at-94/

Indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Rizla2024: 11:37am On Dec 29, 2023
Pointnoire:
Go for the G23, G-17 is hard to conceal as it’s a bit bulky although it packs a punch, mine is more for target shooting

alright you are right how much will that cost?
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by Rizla2024: 11:39am On Dec 29, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
He made gun yet lived almost 100years,veryvstrange angry LIKE BMX OF BLESSED MEMORY SAID"GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE.
PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE" ,

true
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by BALLOSKI: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Remainds me of 2pac song "hit em up" grin

Grab your Glocks when you see 2pac...
call the Cops when you see... 2pac..

Modified. grin
What crossed my mind.

Napoleon in one interview said, " I was strapped with my glock".
Re: The Founder Of Glock Handguns, Gaston Glock, Dies At 94 by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE" ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Cannt Laugh .vol 2 / Photo: Mamman Kontagora House On Fire? / Stella and Jet creams.....Did U?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.