Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,869 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa (1102 Views)

10 States In Nigeria With Bigger Economy Than Some African Countries-Osibanjo / Deola Smart's Wedding Gown Made Of 56 Carat Swarovski Diamonds From 6 Countries / Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by abdeefggh: 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2023
Lagos State alone has larger economy than most African countries

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by vanbonattel: 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2023
Lagos could actually have been better and bigger if not for the number of criminals controlling its finances.

Lagos is a dwarf state, rendered poor and stunted by successive administrations who are bent on borrowing the soul of the city away and then allowing the people to suffer.

I don't see why Lagosians cannot enjoy free electricity, free fuel or free metro rail services, all the money goes to one certificate forger who has tied the destiny of the region and thrown the keys into the lagoon grin

My roast chicken is finished, Where's my babe to prepare another, this Christmas in Owerri is too sweet. grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by Oowel(m): 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2023
Quite worthy to know it's financial base...
Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by ElSudani: 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2023
vanbonattel:
Lagos could actually have been better and bigger if not for the number of criminals controlling its finances.

Lagos is a dwarf state, rendered poor and stunted by successive administrations who are bent on borrowing the soul of the city away and then allowing the people to suffer.

I don't see why Lagosians cannot enjoy free electricity, free fuel or free metro rail services, all the money goes to one certificate forger who has tied the destiny of the region and thrown the keys into the lagoon grin

My roast chicken is finished, Where's my babe to prepare another, this Christmas in Owerri is too sweet. grin

What about all the other states controlled by saints?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by ElSudani: 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2023
rinzaugustine:
Courtesy of Igbo investments and financial bravado

Dangote alone has more money in Lagos than all Ibos combined.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by Northernblood9(m): 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2023
ElSudani:

Dangote alone has more money in Lagos than all Ibos combined.

Dangote has money but northerners are the poorest. You need help bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by ElSudani: 9:19pm On Dec 28, 2023
Northernblood9:

Dangote has money but northerners are the poorest. You need help bro

I don't think you can fully comprehend what I just told you.
If Lagos economy is larger than 46 out of 56 other economies in Africa and dangote alone has more money in Lagos than all Ibos combined, given there are many other billionaires in Lagos that are not Ibos, then common sense should tell you that Lagos economic strength is not courtesy of Ibos.

17 Likes

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by vanbonattel: 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2023
ElSudani:

What about all the other states controlled by saints?

If they had the headstart Lagos had, they will be better than Dubai.
Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by SeeWahala: 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2023
I feel very ashamed (on behalf of my yoruba brethren) reading posts and topics like this. undecided

Small lagos . . . Having such prowess YET being a stinking sithole without steady electricity, pipe borne water or standard roads cry

What is the definition of a paradox again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by Northernblood9(m): 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2023
ElSudani:

I don't think you can fully comprehend what I just told you.
If Lagos economy is larger than 46 out of 56 other economies in Africa and dangote alone has more money in Lagos than all Ibos combined, given there are many other billionaires in Lagos that are not Ibos, then common sense should tell you that Lagos economic strength is not courtesy of Ibos.

Go and sit down. Dangotes major companies are in Kano. Those markets in Lagos and importation processes billions in dollars daily. If you don't know, better know it now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by ElSudani: 9:27pm On Dec 28, 2023
vanbonattel:

If they had the headstart Lagos had, they will be better than Dubai.

Headstart like the God given geographic advantages that drew the Portuguese in 1472?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by ElSudani: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2023
Northernblood9:

Go and sit down. Dangotes major companies are in Kano. Those markets in Lagos and importation processes billions in dollars daily. If you don't know, better know it now.

Again, the largest importers in Nigeria are those who import raws materials for their businesses in and around Lagos not used spare parts and fake electronics importers.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by Northernblood9(m): 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2023
ElSudani:

Again, the largest importers in Nigeria are those who import raws materials for their businesses in and around Lagos not used spare parts and fake electronics importers.

You are lost bro. Let go of hate else the name Igbo will cause your death

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by ElSudani: 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2023
Northernblood9:

You are lost bro. Let go of hate else the name Igbo will cause your death

All you need to do is provide the data saying that I'm wrong. That false emblem of tribalism doesn't mean anything to me.
Give me hard data.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by abdeefggh: 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2023
SeeWahala:
I feel very ashamed (on behalf of my yoruba brethren) reading posts and topics like this. undecided

Small lagos . . . Having such prowess YET being a stinking sithole without steady electricity, pipe borne water or standard roads cry

What is the definition of a paradox again?
You're free 2 be sad

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by yoruboid: 9:51pm On Dec 28, 2023
rinzaugustine:
Courtesy of Igbo investments and financial bravado

We aren’t talking about your 4x4 shops and gala hawkers here

You folks don’t even control 10% of the GDP of Lagos

See for yourself

9 Likes

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by yoruboid: 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2023
Northernblood9:
Thanks to Ndi Igbo. Pigs from the South West can go ahead and kill themselves.

You’re inconsequential

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2023
Eko ile, am proud to be a lagosian.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by Northernblood9(m): 9:58pm On Dec 28, 2023
yoruboid:

You’re inconsequential
Keep making yourself happy cheesy .

Companies you posted. I know you will also doubt that more than 70 percent of the landlords in Lagos are Igbos
Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by Northernblood9(m): 9:58pm On Dec 28, 2023
yoruboid:

See for yourself

You can continue with your delusion if that makes u happy
Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by Jokerman(m): 10:00pm On Dec 28, 2023
Does this make Lagos the best city in Africa then?
Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by yoruboid: 10:04pm On Dec 28, 2023
Northernblood9:

Keep making yourself happy cheesy .

Companies you posted. I know you will also doubt that more than 70 percent of the landlords in Lagos are Igbos

My brother is a Director in Lands here in Lagos and you guys are the biggest lairs ever and full of your empty selves

Always jealous of the successes of Yorubaland

The only contribution you’ve made is retrogressive from fraud to outright stealing and drugs

We will deal with you when the time comes. Just hang in there. Your shege is loading

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by Jokerman(m): 10:05pm On Dec 28, 2023
yoruboid:

My brother is a Director in Lands here in Lagos and you guys are the biggest lairs ever

Don't mind the lying liars... Let them continue in their delulu

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by rinzaugustine: 10:33pm On Dec 28, 2023
yoruboid:

See for yourself
no source? …as good as tissue paper..but you were rejoicing when Sanwo was destroyed thousands of houses .that means you are not a true Yoruba or a a fake one as to rejoice when you saw Yoruba property being demolished, who is fooling who? Everybody knows when it comes to financial muscle una no reach igbos anyone except you want to continue fooling yourself
Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by christejames(m): 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2023
But Lagos is the least organized city in Africa undecided undecided

How about that.
Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by nedu666: 10:36pm On Dec 28, 2023
You remove Lagos from Nigeria and start bragging. Someone from South Africa can also remove joburg, guateng, capetown, Pretoria, durban and start bragging

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by SpatialKing(m): 11:01pm On Dec 28, 2023
So?
Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by Faiththatworks(m): 11:28pm On Dec 28, 2023
I'm sure with Dangote Refinery almost certain to start pumping refined crude produce from January 20204,Lagos will be the largest economy in Africa.
I'm very very sure the GDP of Lagos will overtake those of Johannesburg and Cairo.
I just told someone this night,the amount of investment that has being sunk in that refinery in this month of December alone should excite any patriotic Nigerian.
3 million barrels of Crude Oil at an average of 70$ per barrel gives us 210 million dollars that's approximately 210 billion naira investment in just one month.
That's massive Investment for just one company in Nigeria.
By the time the Refinery is in full operation in 2024,I'm very very sure the sea port will roar into action with the export of finished product.
The economy of Lagos is about to explode, seriously I'm excited about the future of Lagos,the south wed and indeed Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria......

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by mascot87(m): 1:05am On Dec 29, 2023
The stupid idiots and big f00ls are here to beat there chest as usual

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa by Bulldozer90: 1:08am On Dec 29, 2023
Until it becomes a separate country stripped of all structural privileges and infrastructural monopoly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

VP Shettima Under Fire For Dancing "Buga" While Insecurity Rises In Nigeria / Nnamdi Kanu, Sowore, Igboho And Adeyinka Grandson Free From Prison Except One / After 46 Years,what Really Is The Problem Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.