Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,534 members, 7,837,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Is Marriage A Failed Union? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage A Failed Union? (8485 Views)

Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story / So This Is Marriage? / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Meddymeddy: 9:44am On Dec 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The ratio of happy to unhappy marriages means absolutely nothing since Marriage has always been a contract between man and woman, and like most all other contracts, can be terminated by the parties involved. undecided

Marriage has ALWAYS been exactly that with divorce as the accepted and legal way of terminating the union. So why do you not know this? undecided

Whay sayest thee not know of such legal agreement?.... I'm not talking from your angle son. What I mean here, as a contract, the couple will agree on a specific years they wish to be married let's say ten years and after the time have elapsed, they might decide to renew or terminate. This way it will reduce the trauma and emotional disorder that comes with divorce.
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by besayag: 9:44am On Dec 29, 2023
Yes
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Tynaclem1: 9:45am On Dec 29, 2023
SeaTrade:
I think marriage was imposed on humans for reasons best known to its creators.
Men want more women,women want more men.
You give this,you lack that ,etc...
Is it something I'm excited about?No.
Will I do it?Well maybe,time shall tell.
Am I scared about it?Yes.
Will I trust my spouse?Well I honestly don't know but I highly doubt it.
It's hard to completely trust a person cos along the line,you'd get disappointed one way or the other,
The only reason a lot of people still trust their unions is ignorance,shine a little light to the dark and all hell breaks lose.
I've learnt to tolerate some excesses and ignore a lot as I grow older when it comes to this whole union thing,just give me my space abeg and don't be all up in my face as I won't do same to you.
If you want to have more,feel free cos I won't even investigate,just don't bring back diseases to pass to me cos I'd kill you honestly.

I think whether you trust or not the pain of heart break is still the same however, you should define the boundaries of what disappointment is to You and you look for those flags in a relationship.
if ever you are ready for marriage be intentional in recieving as much as you give because you deserve it.
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Lemos14: 9:45am On Dec 29, 2023
Kingrshd3:

My brother the bills no be here 😔

That billing issue is why I generally avoid igbo girls. I dont mean that in a tribalistic sense. They are the most greedy.

3 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by oyeb15: 9:45am On Dec 29, 2023
A very gentle girlfriend could become your worst nightmare in marriage

5 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by DARLINGTON869(m): 9:45am On Dec 29, 2023
shortgun:
The modern man should continue to deceive themselves till eternity but the truth remains that 1 woman will never meet the needs of a man sexually, emotionally or in functionality. angry
As long as women continue to push for equal authority with men in households, the result will always be disastrous.
Your doctrine or view is from the very anals of hell. Projecting promiscuity or adultery as a natural act for a married man is the very reason why modern marriages don't last.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by frankchina(m): 9:46am On Dec 29, 2023
Meddymeddy:
I have seen plentiful post about failed marriages on the Internet. Most marriages only last a couple of years before divorce comes up. Although there are few happy marriages. The ratio for happy marriages and failed marriages is 20:80. There are many factors that contribute to failed marriages which include cheating, unfaithfulness, finance etc. Some just wake up and realise that their wife is no longer attractive ( did they force her on you? ). Back in the days marriages were pre set up whereby couples barely knows themselves. Nowadays you see couple dating for 6-10years and when they finally get married issues will start poping up.

Maybe marriage should be like a contact after some years it will be terminated depending on how long the couple want it to be

Unmarried people should not talk about failed marriages, untill they get there. Who told you the ratio is 20:80?. Marriage is very sweet and enjoyed by many. Don't be fooled because empty barrels makes the most noise 🚶🚶

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by DARLINGTON869(m): 9:47am On Dec 29, 2023
frankchina:

Unmarried people should not talk about failed marriages, untill they get there. Who told you the ratio is 20:80?. Marriage is very sweet and enjoyed by many. Don't be fooled because empty barrels makes the most noise 🚶🚶
How can I like your comment twice?
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Gboom: 9:47am On Dec 29, 2023
What normally baffles me is that majority of you commenting here have not experienced marriage but are quickly to paint marriage as an unsuccessful venture based on few stories you read on the internet to justify marriage.
Note one thing, as long as there in no perfect human being there never can be a perfect marriage, we all have weaknesses which as a couple we need to tolerate each other.
To OP, I can tell you that your statistics is success to failure in marriage is subjective. IMO, successful is more than failed ones but the word divorce is popular because it represents failure and so people are looking for others to fall

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by tete7000(m): 9:47am On Dec 29, 2023
wwwtortoise:
When I’m ready to walk that path, I’ll draft a prenuptial and postnuptial agreement.

There’s more to marriage than emotions/fleeting feelings and as such should be handled with business gloves.

Cr7 is my model in that regard.

When that Cr7 model falls apart, I pray you will be alive to witness it. It looks good on the surface, but the inherent fault in it will one day cause it to explode.
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Beuberry(f): 9:48am On Dec 29, 2023
shortgun:
The modern man should continue to deceive themselves till eternity but the truth remains that 1 woman will never meet the needs of a man sexually, emotionally or in functionality. angry
As long as women continue to push for equal authority with men in households, the result will always be disastrous.
Why can't you be contented with only one pûssy? Why can't one woman satisfy the sexual need of a man?
Does the man have two penis?
Must you penetrate every holes even in bottles, STD & demonic ones?
Stop giving excuses to do crime. Also, what's wrong with pushing for equal rights btw male & female? Are male heads bigger than female heads?
You should be more concerned with deadbeat dads littering the street with kids that they don't care for.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by ComeToJesus: 9:48am On Dec 29, 2023
Answer: It is not. Celebrities marriages getting failed is not a standard to evaluate whether marriage is a failed union.

Marriage is a blessing to those who believe in it.
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Godslove09(f): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Actually so many marriage are still working and moving on fine

This is the era of internet where few bad news will hit the headlines thereby making it look like good news doesn't exist

So many marriage offline are doing well, just that they don't run to the press or social media about their average but going well marriage unlike the loud mouthed marriage failures

Yes I agree with you. Marriage run offline lasts longer. Same with not having much friends in social media. I and my hubby have just committed friends on social media and our Whatsapp. Too much friends too much enemies

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by OtuologyProf(m): 9:50am On Dec 29, 2023
Listen up students
Marriage is an abnormal union among H. Sapien. It is one of the signs of mental illness, that allows you to pay huge Brice price in some cases, for a lady they fukd with indomie and egg.
In other climes, getting a union that would require you lose a fortune when you divorce.
The only known normal behavior among H. Sapien is cohabitation.

Prof itid ukwu
Dean, faculty of otuology
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Lincton: 9:51am On Dec 29, 2023
Marriage is sweet more than honey, don't subscribe to the ideology of the victims
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Meddymeddy: 9:52am On Dec 29, 2023
Fiscus105:

You asked yourself, how many successful MARRIAGES comming to social media to advertise?

Even the one u read on social media are they all true?

The loud of few failed MARRIAGES are they not overshadowed several SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGES?

...and above all, hope u know different between failed economy/ wen man going through turbulence time and stormy Marriage (wen someone is going through stormy of life but u mistaken it for marital crises)

And lastly.......is single, single-father or single mother not passing through difficulty time as well?

Emeka separated/ divorced up to 7 years now.... does it make his life free from battle of life now? is he not embittered man still?

You don't agree with the ratio of 20-80?..... Aside the internet take a sampling on houses that have happy marriage. Mind you some couple are already divorce emotionally but the cling to the marriage maybe becos of children or societal views.

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Lemos14: 9:53am On Dec 29, 2023
Beuberry:

Why can't you be contented with only one pûssy? Why can't one woman satisfy the sexual need of a man?
Does the man have two penis?
Must you penetrate every holes even in bottles, STD & demonic ones?
Stop giving excuses to do crime. Also, what's wrong with pushing for equal rights btw male & female? Are male heads bigger than female heads?
You should be more concerned with deadbeat dads littering the street with kids that they don't care for.

You were fast to mention deadbeat dads but cunningly didnt mention women that commit paternity fraud. Dont be selectively hypocritical

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by sukkot: 9:54am On Dec 29, 2023
its simple, men marry in your fifties, women marry in your thirties. at that age you are tired of being alone
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Meddymeddy: 9:54am On Dec 29, 2023
[quote author=BloomingDale post=127676373][/quote]

Hmm she wants to fight for equal right...how possible?
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Beuberry(f): 9:58am On Dec 29, 2023
Lemos14:

You were fast to mention deadbeat dads but cunningly didnt mention women that commit paternity fraud. Dont be selectively hypocritical
We are waiting for that cheap DNA test kits to be affordable like PT test in every home.
Deadbeat dads outweigh DNA fraud.
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by wwwtortoise(m): 9:59am On Dec 29, 2023
tete7000:

When that Cr7 model falls apart, I pray you will be alive to witness it. It looks good on the surface, but the inherent fault in it will one day cause it to explode.

Nothing on earth is fault-proof.
How you handle it comes into play.
You dig?
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Isolock: 9:59am On Dec 29, 2023
The post about marriage is funny because it shows how depraved and culturally & socially irresponsible our society has become. Young men and ladies that see relationship & sexual immorality as a game are here speaking as if they know what it is to be truly married. The generation of kids we have is just incredibly terrible. They're stupid and perverted beyond all ramification. If you're here and still hold a sane mind. Good for you, thank God for your life. That said, don't bring up useless statistics about marriage when you know nothing about it. God established marriage and it is a beautiful thing when a Man and a woman come together as one to live and bring forth a new generation.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Meddymeddy: 10:00am On Dec 29, 2023
frankchina:

Congratulations to you if you have a beautiful marriage, but that doesn't change the fact that the ratio is 20:80. Don't compare with yours only, always check out the majority.
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Lemos14: 10:00am On Dec 29, 2023
Beuberry:

We are waiting for that cheap DNA test kits to be affordable like PT test in every home.
Deadbeat dads outweigh DNA fraud.

Keep lying to yourself to prove a point.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by berrystunn(m): 10:01am On Dec 29, 2023
80% of married couples wish they are single.
90% of a single wish they are married.

Who no go, no no

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Lemos14: 10:02am On Dec 29, 2023
Isolock:
The post about marriage is funny because it shows how depraved and culturally & socially irresponsible our society has become. Young men and ladies that see relationship & sexual immorality as a game are here speaking as if they know what it is to be truly married. The generation of kids we have is just incredibly terrible. They're stupid and perverted beyond all ramification. If you're here and still hold a sane mind. Good for you, thank God for your life. That said, don't bring up useless statistics about marriage when you know nothing about it. God established marriage and it is a beautiful thing when a Man and a woman come together as one to live and bring forth a new generation.

Bolded is so on point
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Beuberry(f): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2023
Lemos14:

Keep lying to yourself to prove a point.
Lai Muhamo!
Men are scum!
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by tete7000(m): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2023
wwwtortoise:

Nothing on earth is fault-proof.
How you handle it comes into play.
You dig?

I understand you and I am happy you know the Cr7 model is not infallible.
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by BigBashiru: 10:13am On Dec 29, 2023
Meddymeddy:

Whay sayest thee not know of such legal agreement?.... I'm not talking from your angle son. What I mean here, as a contract, the couple will agree on a specific years they wish to be married let's say ten years and after the time have elapsed, they might decide to renew or terminate. This way it will reduce the trauma and emotional disorder that comes with divorce.

You have a very good point oooo....Will the religious folks hear?!!!!

Very good suggestion....I think il implement this...

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Faposky95: 10:15am On Dec 29, 2023
YelloweWest:
I won't call it failed but it's hard.

Especially if you are not friends.

Marry a friend you have a lot of common interests.

If you both want the same things and think alike, marriage is indeed enjoyable.

I didn't tow this path... I married very young.

My spouse and I are two good people committed to our vows but we have little or nothing in common.

Our commitment keeps us together.

WE MARRIED PEOPLE OWE THE COMMUNITY AND THE WORLD IN LARGE .........
WE MUST WIN THE WAR AND PASS THE BATON ON TO THE FUTURE.........
EVEN HONEY AS SWEET HAS ITS DOWN SIDES.......
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by femi4: 10:25am On Dec 29, 2023
Meddymeddy:
I have seen plentiful post about failed marriages on the Internet. Most marriages only last a couple of years before divorce comes up. Although there are few happy marriages. The ratio for happy marriages and failed marriages is 20:80. There are many factors that contribute to failed marriages which include cheating, unfaithfulness, finance etc. Some just wake up and realise that their wife is no longer attractive ( did they force her on you? ). Back in the days marriages were pre set up whereby couples barely knows themselves. Nowadays you see couple dating for 6-10years and when they finally get married issues will start poping up.

Maybe marriage should be like a contact after some years it will be terminated depending on how long the couple want it to be
How did you arrived at the figure. Did you use sample or population distribution

Bad news make much noise than good ones. One bad news can dominate 9 good news.....yet the probability of having good news is higher 9/10
Re: Is Marriage A Failed Union? by Dopenigga(m): 10:26am On Dec 29, 2023
[quote author=BloomingDale post=127676373][/quote]You feminists are the worst of the worst. Emitting masculine energy and trying to drag leadership with the man in a relationship. A feministic woman is the last person I will ever have anything to do with. Y'all can marry and fvck yourselves. You're all closet lesbians anyway

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

As This Year Is Coming To An End, What Are You Grateful For? / What's your Ideal Family Size? / See This 4 Bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.